2019/11/04 - Repetition

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Nobody

Re: 2019/11/04 - Repetition

Post by Nobody »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Then the question is, what do you wanna do?
Whatever I wanna be. I'm pretty sure I said.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote: Keene's reaction to Fox and King telling him about Marion says a lot about his overall goal. He didn't initially want humans to become animals because he knows that would bring about anarchy and two its not really the same form of equality that he initially wanted. BUT as I say this (I've said this before) his goal could change to actively desire to change a select few humans into animals thereby forcing the governments hand to establishing a type of equality that extends to the therianthropes and the natural born animals. These recent transformations could inspire a twisted idea in his little ferret brain that involves sacrfacing a few humans to complete his goal. Like I said this is turning into a complicated game of chess. At this point it's like three person chess so someone start charging the golf cart and prepare the bees.
This is all possible, and seems likely that he was thinking initially of using Marion exactly this way, even without knowing how or what changed him. It's also possible that, even if Keene is not planning such a thing, someone else has been. Heck I could see the Dino-Demon doing this kind of thing at random (initially) because he thinks that's what Keene wants and he wants to do a nice for him.

The problem always circles back to Marion. After spending something like six months with him, we have not seen any connection to the main cast or events we've witnessed. So, why was he Squirrel Zero?
fenrirblack wrote: Safe money is on that the series will end with everyone going to Egypt to Dragon's Temple for one final climatic showdown of good versus evil and when the dust settles all revenants of the Game, Heavenly magic, and whatnot will be gone for good.
You're not wrong. This comic virtually started with the Game and could possibly end there if Rick is looking at ending the story at some defined point. But I don't think it has to end there. A lot of the stories are slice-of-life in this slightly insane world and I don't think it needs the Celestials to continue. But if that is his eventual plan, then I hope it takes a long, long time to get there.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: Keene's reaction to Fox and King telling him about Marion says a lot about his overall goal. He didn't initially want humans to become animals because he knows that would bring about anarchy and two its not really the same form of equality that he initially wanted. BUT as I say this (I've said this before) his goal could change to actively desire to change a select few humans into animals thereby forcing the governments hand to establishing a type of equality that extends to the therianthropes and the natural born animals. These recent transformations could inspire a twisted idea in his little ferret brain that involves sacrfacing a few humans to complete his goal. Like I said this is turning into a complicated game of chess. At this point it's like three person chess so someone start charging the golf cart and prepare the bees.
This is all possible, and seems likely that he was thinking initially of using Marion exactly this way, even without knowing how or what changed him. It's also possible that, even if Keene is not planning such a thing, someone else has been. Heck I could see the Dino-Demon doing this kind of thing at random (initially) because he thinks that's what Keene wants and he wants to do a nice for him.

The problem always circles back to Marion. After spending something like six months with him, we have not seen any connection to the main cast or events we've witnessed. So, why was he Squirrel Zero?
fenrirblack wrote: Safe money is on that the series will end with everyone going to Egypt to Dragon's Temple for one final climatic showdown of good versus evil and when the dust settles all revenants of the Game, Heavenly magic, and whatnot will be gone for good.
You're not wrong. This comic virtually started with the Game and could possibly end there if Rick is looking at ending the story at some defined point. But I don't think it has to end there. A lot of the stories are slice-of-life in this slightly insane world and I don't think it needs the Celestials to continue. But if that is his eventual plan, then I hope it takes a long, long time to get there.
Don't depress me like that :P
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

dr_eirik wrote:I suspect these two are in for more localized, personal hijinks for a while. I'm still hoping to see them somehow integrate into the rest of the cast somehow. Perhaps humans won't come near them for fear of "catching" this transformation so they befriend the local pets and ferals.
This is what I'm hoping for. Seeing Marion and Lois become another pair of animals that've found their spot in the wider cast would be nice. I especially want to see that for Marion, since he's spent the last few parts of his arc out of sorts and looking for a place to fit in. I theorized before about ways that Marion could integrate, especially as the status-quo changes surrounding the ECP. Marion having to meet up with other prey animals as a required part of the Program, and eventually finding friends among them and the current cast, might be cool.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Ash Greytree wrote: This is what I'm hoping for. Seeing Marion and Lois become another pair of animals that've found their spot in the wider cast would be nice. I especially want to see that for Marion, since he's spent the last few parts of his arc out of sorts and looking for a place to fit in. I theorized before about ways that Marion could integrate, especially as the status-quo changes surrounding the ECP. Marion having to meet up with other prey animals as a required part of the Program, and eventually finding friends among them and the current cast, might be cool.
There are a few possible pairings that I could see for these two, including characters that we haven't seen in a while. I tend to think that Zach and Marion would get along. Being a squirrel makes it probably a little harder for him to really befriend most of the pets. Well, except for Peanut who likes everyone and I can't see chasing a squirrel. Lois I could see being friendly with almost any character we've seen, as well as an interesting foil for Bino.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

dr_eirik wrote:Lois I could see being friendly with almost any character we've seen, as well as an interesting foil for Bino.
I look forward to the meeting of those two characters.
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

Nobody wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:Lois I could see being friendly with almost any character we've seen, as well as an interesting foil for Bino.
I foresee many more of Bino's body parts being rendered temporarily nonfunctional.

Really, though, I'm looking forward to her conversations with King. King, after all, is the only other really rational adult human who's spent time as and among the animals. I imagine he'll have some interesting advice to offer, quite apart from the discussion of how such changes happen.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Nobody wrote:
Well, i can try...

<Marion and Lois are sitting in his living room>
Lois: I'm feeling all cooped up in here, why don't we wander the neighborhood for a while?
Marion: Because it's hot outside, there is AC in here, and your fur coat is rated more for winter than early July? And my legs are a lot shorter than yours?
Lois: I don't care! I've barely been outside since all this started and I just want to take a walk. Ride on my shoulder if you don't want to.
<Marion reluctantly agrees and the pair go out into the neighborhood. It's quiet, middle of the day in summer, and there are not many humans about but there are a number of pets wandering about>
Marion: You think we should try and make freinds with some of them? Not like any of our old friends have been coming around.
Lois: I think most of them are afraid of ending up with a tail.
<Lois turns a corner and bumps hard into Bino, who falls flat on his tail>
Bino: HEY! Watch where you're walking, tabby!
Lois: Sorry, didn't see you. You okay. <Offers a paw up.>
Bino: <Ignores the helping paw> Just watch it, cat!
Lois: Sorry, I just didn't see you.
Bino: Typical cat, not looking or caring. Just keep clear of me.
Marion: Wow, rude much?
Bino: And keep your lunch quiet!

Hrm, not my best work...
Robotech_Master wrote: Really, though, I'm looking forward to her conversations with King. King, after all, is the only other really rational adult human who's spent time as and among the animals. I imagine he'll have some interesting advice to offer, quite apart from the discussion of how such changes happen.
I think that Steward is likely still rational, he is up to something after all, but he's still apart from things. That would also be an interesting interaction since he has the perspective of living as a feral for a couple of years. Though a conversation with King is far more likely, and sooner.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Ash Greytree wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:I suspect these two are in for more localized, personal hijinks for a while. I'm still hoping to see them somehow integrate into the rest of the cast somehow. Perhaps humans won't come near them for fear of "catching" this transformation so they befriend the local pets and ferals.
This is what I'm hoping for. Seeing Marion and Lois become another pair of animals that've found their spot in the wider cast would be nice. I especially want to see that for Marion, since he's spent the last few parts of his arc out of sorts and looking for a place to fit in. I theorized before about ways that Marion could integrate, especially as the status-quo changes surrounding the ECP. Marion having to meet up with other prey animals as a required part of the Program, and eventually finding friends among them and the current cast, might be cool.
There place among the cast is probably an interesting concept. Now that Lois is transformed her future is as much in the air as Marion's but there is still a strong possibility that they will eventually leave for college (at least Lois will) but at this point that seems highly unlikely. ANYWAY, there is the question of if they do find a place among the cast, where would that be? What does it mean to "be friends with the current cast?"
I stand by my thought that they will have a larger role in the ECP which should keep them busy. They're (practically) adults and with/without school they have to do something to stay occupied for the long-term. They don't have the luxury of "being pets" and doing whatever they want. The summer months will be the most important but I doubt we'll see them. The other thing to consider is that very few pets interact with each other outside their designated spheres. Lois being a cat could be more involved with the pets but Marion doesn't have that opportunity. That still doesn't take into account that they would even WANT to hang with the pets. I've made the case several times that more humans should spend times with the pets as friends and equals but this situation almost seems to force that instead of them sharing a common interest. Not to mention the age gap. Most of the pets are the maturity equivalent of pre-teens. King and Bailey hung around with the other pets but only for Peanut's plays and only twice several years ago. Odds are they won't interact with the rest of the pets on a deeper level beyond bumping into them as Erik showed us. I can't see them being "friends" maybe acquaintances but something else to remember is that they are striving to hold on to their humanity more so than King did who was forced to play the role as "pet dog" by Pete and then kept up the charade for his own protection. They're in a different situation where everyone under the sun (thank you Miles) knows that they aren't normal animals therefore are odd and unusual. There could be resistance on both sides. As far as the spheres go, Lois and Marion are just as much in their own sphere as far as interactions go not unlike the geek squad and I don't think that is going to change. I mean I'm not saying that it won't be a good thing for them to be apart of the pets lives but it is awkward no matter how you look at it. It's hard to escape the mindset that being friends with animals instead of people means you are more animal and human (even if it is untrue).
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Nobody wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: I’ve already pointed out reasons why changing Lois to a male is a bad idea (plot relevance for one) but it is getting harder to deny the possibility that its has.
I would stop short, at least for now, of calling her becoming male a bad idea until we see if it is ever paid off.
I'm kinda with Fenrir on this point. It's a pretty superfluous detail as written. It mainly just comes across as fanservice-y. But it causes no structural or thematic trouble at the moment, so it doesn't really hurt the story in any significant way, other than being a minor distraction, raising questions the plot seems unconcerned with. I'm hesitant to call it a really bad idea, but it's not really a good idea either. For the moment, it's something I choose to ignore and will continue to do so until it puts itself in a position that I can't ignore it anymore.
Honestly, I am expecting it to become plot relevant later on, with the person or creature that's behind all this revealing it to be a key part of their plan to......whatever it is the final goal is.
dr_eirik wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Well, i can try...

Lois: I'm feeling all cooped up in here, why don't we wander the neighborhood for a while?
Marion: Because it's hot outside, there is AC in here, and your fur coat is rated more for winter than early July? And my legs are a lot shorter than yours?
Lois: I don't care! I've barely been outside since all this started and I just want to take a walk. Ride on my shoulder if you don't want to.
<Marion reluctantly agrees and the pair go out into the neighborhood. It's quiet, middle of the day in summer, and there are not many humans about but there are a number of pets wandering about>
Marion: You think we should try and make freinds with some of them? Not like any of our old friends have been coming around.

Hrm, not my best work...
If this isn't your best work, I can hardly wait to see which is.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

dr_eirik wrote:
Well, i can try...

Hrm, not my best work...
At the hospital
Bino, to Duchess: "So, it turns out we got a bobcat that doesn't take carp living in the neighborhood now."
Duchess: "I would question what made you think she was a normal cat, but I'm more curious as to what you said."
Bino: "Apparently she doesn't like having her squirrel girlfriend referred to as 'lunch.'"
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

D-Rock wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
Well, i can try...

Hrm, not my best work...
At the hospital
Bino, to Duchess: "So, it turns out we got a bobcat that doesn't take carp living in the neighborhood now."
Duchess: "I would question what made you think she was a normal cat, but I'm more curious as to what you said."
Bino: "Apparently she doesn't like having her squirrel girlfriend referred to as 'lunch.'"
OK, that's what it needed. A payoff. 8-)

<Lois and Marion are back at home, Lois staring at her hands>
Lois: I really shouldn't have done that.
Marion: That dog was being a jerk! Don't feel bad.
Lois: Huh? I mean that I broke a claw on his face,. Kinda hurts,
Marion: Want me to kiss it and make it better?
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:We have no evidence that anyone - save, perhaps, Tarot and Sabrina - have any clue there's a temple in Egypt.
Don't discount the rest of the crew from Housepets 5000 BC, Peanut, Grape and Max.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Robotech_Master wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:We have no evidence that anyone - save, perhaps, Tarot and Sabrina - have any clue there's a temple in Egypt.
They don't now, sure. But there are a couple of fox kits who know all about it living not too far away...
And Kitsune's probably not going to let anyone near them...
What a caring father.
dr_eirik wrote:While I strongly suspect these two are going to end up in Egypt at some point and with some mix of the characters we have known for years, I doubt that it's going to be the next arc. First of all, other than Kitsune (who is highly unlikely to give them GPS coordinates) no one knows where it is, exactly. They can't just travel to Egypt and start looking.
Tarot and Sabrina may not have much magical ability, but they're still connected to the astral web and such. They might be able to find out the exact location if they set their minds to it.
dr_eirik wrote:
Building off what dr_eirik said, that could be a good ending for a different story, but it doesn't fit with Housepets!. Housepets! isn't about good vs evil or even keeping the status quo. Housepets! was and still is at its core a slice-of-life comedy. You'd be hard pressed to find two strips in a row without a joke between them. You can see this in even at its darkest when Keene was in Pandemonium, there were still scenes of Breel being characteristically upbeat and cutaways to Max living up his newfound luxury. For every cosmic challenge there are pets with bags on their heads or a Superman rip-off by a dedicated author. The Game was anything but a battle between good and evil. Both sides were grey (and kinda jerks). There wasn't anything truly evil until The Forgotten. The biggest reason I feel Housepets! won't end like that is there have been better stopping points such as the end of The Game or Temple Crashers 2. Housepets! Doesn't have a set "win condition", it's a serial that keeps going.

Edit: Fixed a typo.
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Champion Wallace wrote:The biggest reason I feel Housepets! wont end like that is there have been better stopping points such as the end of The Game or Temple Crashers 2. Housepets! Doesn't have a set "win condition", it's a cereal that keeps going.
Boy, I wish I had a cereal that keeps going. Then I'd only have to buy milk on Wednesdays.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What happens if you would run out of milk before that? :P
Argent

Post by Argent »

Robotech_Master wrote: Keene, I seem to recall, had originally wanted to use the temple's power to turn all humans into animals.
He was actually against humans turning into animals a few strips back and only then realized it could help the ECP. And he hasn't really had time to implement any diabolical schemes since then.
dr_eirik wrote:This comic virtually started with the Game
Different Game, and I just lost it. Thanks.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ah, so who Keene thinks is Breel is actually the Dino-Demon, tricking him into following diabolical plots while the real Breel (say that fast five times) is imprisoned in a rotting jack-o-lantern under guard by Badger who has been promised restoration to humanity by Pete/Craig for his cooperation.... !

Or not.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:Ah, so who Keene thinks is Breel is actually the Dino-Demon, tricking him into following diabolical plots while the real Breel (say that fast five times) is imprisoned in a rotting jack-o-lantern under guard by Badger who has been promised restoration to humanity by Pete/Craig for his cooperation.... !

Or not.
I like the way you think.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually sounds like the plot of a fairly ingenious horror movie.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Quick note, it takes a lot of guts for Marion to be that small and helpless and still have that much sass. I mean he’s mouthing off to Lois who is now a dangerous predator and his girlfriend. And you know she can do better than him.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

He's either brave or stupid. Or he likes the thrill. He's encountered animals perfectly willing to eat him with either sass or irritation.

But maybe with Lois, it's trust.

Mixed with sass
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

D-Rock wrote:He's either brave or stupid. Or he likes the thrill. He's encountered animals perfectly willing to eat him with either sass or irritation.

Mixed with sass
I suspect a huge part is trust, he knows she'd never really hurt him. The sass comes naturally to him.

Another part is that he hasn't been in really, truly serious danger yet. He's encountered a few that would claim to eat him (Falstaff, Kaishad) but no serious attempts. I think he's still thinking a bit too much like a human.

Edited to add...
How did Lois know Ponchos name? He didn't introduce himself.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
D-Rock wrote:He's either brave or stupid. Or he likes the thrill. He's encountered animals perfectly willing to eat him with either sass or irritation.

Mixed with sass
I suspect a huge part is trust, he knows she'd never really hurt him. The sass comes naturally to him.

Another part is that he hasn't been in really, truly serious danger yet. He's encountered a few that would claim to eat him (Falstaff, Kaishad) but no serious attempts. I think he's still thinking a bit too much like a human.

Edited to add...
How did Lois know Ponchos name? He didn't introduce himself.
A teenager with Sass, NO! :P

Yeah, honestly he's been lucky. The closest thing he's had to a near-death experience is Kevin chasing him up a tree or drowning in the toilet. The ferals were all under lock and key by Jess so they couldn't hurt him even if they wanted to. He really has yet to come across a serious threat mainly because he's safe as long as he remains in suburbia. Dogs and cats may try to chase him but once word continues to spread that he used to be human that will be a deterrent. It is hard to really understand that he is in a difficult position being a squirrel. I think part of him knows it but another part hasn't quite comprehended the sheer scope of the danger he is constantly in just by sitting outside.

I'm going to assume that while Marion was talking to Thomas, Lois and Poncho continued to talk and that was where they learned each others names.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:
Yeah, honestly he's been lucky. The closest thing he's had to a near-death experience is Kevin chasing him up a tree or drowning in the toilet. The ferals were all under lock and key by Jess so they couldn't hurt him even if they wanted to. He really has yet to come across a serious threat mainly because he's safe as long as he remains in suburbia. Dogs and cats may try to chase him but once word continues to spread that he used to be human that will be a deterrent. It is hard to really understand that he is in a difficult position being a squirrel. I think part of him knows it but another part hasn't quite comprehended the sheer scope of the danger he is constantly in just by sitting outside.

I'm going to assume that while Marion was talking to Thomas, Lois and Poncho continued to talk and that was where they learned each others names.
You can really see a bit of a change into a "too comfortable" mode even when Poncho first appears. He's not startled or even on his feet, but a wolf shows up and he's just looking at him. And in the most recent panel (where he mentions Kafka) he's rather casually standing at almost Ponchos eye level. You'd think that, given he really doesn't know Poncho, that he's at least be a bit more cautious. We know that he's safe, but Marion shouldn't keep assuming.

I can foresee a plot someday of Marion being picked up by a predator and Lois and other assorted pets and/or ferals trying to rescue him while he tries to sass his way out.

As for the name thing... yeah, right after I posted that and I was in the car heading for work I realized that Poncho and Lois had several minutes to speak with each other that we didn't see.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe the crow and the coyote that menaced Maxwell are still around - although now the drama would be more like Marion getting trapped in an episode of Slappy Squirrel.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You would have to explain how the coyote somehow managed to make it the 9 hours it takes for someone to get to Reuben's farm to get to Babylon Gardens.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

dr_eirik wrote:You can really see a bit of a change into a "too comfortable" mode even when Poncho first appears. He's not startled or even on his feet, but a wolf shows up and he's just looking at him. And in the most recent panel (where he mentions Kafka) he's rather casually standing at almost Ponchos eye level. You'd think that, given he really doesn't know Poncho, that he's at least be a bit more cautious. We know that he's safe, but Marion shouldn't keep assuming.

I can foresee a plot someday of Marion being picked up by a predator and Lois and other assorted pets and/or ferals trying to rescue him while he tries to sass his way out.

As for the name thing... yeah, right after I posted that and I was in the car heading for work I realized that Poncho and Lois had several minutes to speak with each other that we didn't see.
That's probably because Marion knows at least one wolf (Miles) who seemed not only non-hostile, but was actively friendly with him even as a squirrel. Maybe he's being too trusting by projecting that onto to Poncho, but I do think its something specific to Marion.

After all, in the past when the wolves have interacted with members of the public who learn that they are wild, it tended to result in a lot of panic. Marion isn't acting the way he is because he was human, he's acting the way he is because of his own past experiences.

EDIT:
Continuing my re-read of the entire webcomic from the beginning, I came across this strip:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... th-humans/
Would explain why Miles was so accepting of a squirrelified Marion. He already knows people can be turned from humans to animals. He had less reason than most to disbelieve him.
Last edited by VeryAngryDeer on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:You can really see a bit of a change into a "too comfortable" mode even when Poncho first appears. He's not startled or even on his feet, but a wolf shows up and he's just looking at him. And in the most recent panel (where he mentions Kafka) he's rather casually standing at almost Ponchos eye level. You'd think that, given he really doesn't know Poncho, that he's at least be a bit more cautious. We know that he's safe, but Marion shouldn't keep assuming.

That's probably because Marion knows at least one wolf (Miles) who seemed not only non-hostile, but was actively friendly with him even as a squirrel. Maybe he's being too trusting by projecting that onto to Poncho, but I do think its something specific to Marion.

After all, in the past when the wolves have interacted with members of the public who learn that they are wild, it tended to result in a lot of panic. Marion isn't acting the way he is because he was human, he's acting the way he is because of his own past experiences.
Since we've been focusing on him alot and I do not see this coming true...what if, in reality, PONCHO was behind both transformations as he was being tricked by the Dino-Demon (who was in disguise as his wife) for reasons only known to it?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

SeanWolf wrote:Since we've been focusing on him alot and I do not see this coming true...what if, in reality, PONCHO was behind both transformations as he was being tricked by the Dino-Demon (who was in disguise as his wife) for reasons only known to it?
About as likely as my last wild stab in the dark.

By which I mean Dino-Demon probably has the means but not the motive, while the literature teacher has the motive but not the means.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Since we've been focusing on him alot and I do not see this coming true...what if, in reality, PONCHO was behind both transformations as he was being tricked by the Dino-Demon (who was in disguise as his wife) for reasons only known to it?

By which I mean Dino-Demon probably has the means but not the motive, while the literature teacher has the motive but not the means.
The literature teacher would have the means if it is really Mr. Porter who is really the video store clerk who in the basement of his store, used arcane unholy magic to curse his students.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

fenrirblack wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:

The literature teacher would have the means if it is really Mr. Porter who is really the video store clerk who in the basement of his store, used arcane unholy magic to curse his students.
Yeah but what if Mr Porter is actually Dino-Demon? Did you even consider the possibility?

(in the interests of clarity, I would like to confirm that this was a joke)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that we have all figured out it was a joke. LOL
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that we have all figured out it was a joke. LOL

oh ...........
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But in the interest of transparency, its very good to point it out in case anybody did end up getting confused.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:But in the interest of transparency, its very good to point it out in case anybody did end up getting confused.
I thought it would be a good idea since I failed to recognise some other peoples' comments as sarcasm (on this and other websites.)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh I can totally understand as I have that same problem also. :?