Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Deske

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Deske »

Sorrow : I played DotA 2 with the most incompetent team I've ever found.

Sorrow : Finally got to where I needed to go in Dark Souls 2. After 45 minutes of work, I died at the hands of 3 common level enemies. 45 minutes of work all for nothing.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Deske wrote: Sorrow : Finally got to where I needed to go in Dark Souls 2. After 45 minutes of work, I died at the hands of 3 common level enemies. 45 minutes of work all for nothing.
Oohh. I know the feeling. So, therefore, you have my sympathy.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Dark Souls 2 seems a bit easier than the first though, so I'm kind of angry with myself for dying. But, there's always tomorrow-... Er, today!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: I'm now a qualified first-aider.

Sorrow: I sill don't have a job.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Joy: I got 4 download codes for a demo of Smash with unlimited uses.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Sorrow: My budgie passed away in her sleep last night. I knew it was her time too, she's been very ill for the past week and the vet couldn't do anything to help her. She's very old, after all, been with me for >10 years. Had her since she was a hatchling :(

R.I.P. Snow,
Dec. 2003-Sept. 2014

Small joy: I don't have a garden, so I buried her in a flowerpot. Hope the flowers will bloom nicely.
Last edited by deepskycyan on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm sorry, DeepSkyCyan. I truly am. Pets really are a big part of the family and they leave a hole when they pass on. I'm sure you did all you could for her though and that she appreciated every moment you spent with her. *hugs*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: I got a job offer! :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

deepskycyan wrote:Sorrow: My budgie passed away in her sleep last night. I knew it was her time too, she's been very ill for the past week and the vet couldn't do anything to help her. She's very old, after all, been with me for >10 years. Had her since she was a hatchling :(

R.I.P. Snow,
Dec. 2003-Sept. 2014

Small joy: I don't have a garden, so I buried her in a flowerpot. Hope the flowers will bloom nicely.
Sorry about your budgie, deepskycyan. :cry:
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
ratdeathtrap

Post by ratdeathtrap »

Joy: College is working out extremely well for me.

Sorrow: Random insomnia keeps me up some nights, with the effect that during the day I'm always tired.
I'll fill this in later. Probably with pictures of cats. This is the internet after all.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I know how you feel. Sometimes I can't get to sleep at night, like last night, and other nights I'm just out like a light for some reason.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Sorrow: I punctured my hand on a nail coming out of the staircase trying to grab a dog's leash as she ran up the stairs.
The stairs were carpeted, so I lost track of where the upholstery nails were. :|
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I'm pretty certain I've got a new job! Huzzah!

Sorrow: It's slow rolling to get it started, so it's still a lot of uncertainty.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Have to say Shadowstar it was a completely random person. Just came up to me out of the blue. I thought she wanted to be a friend because she was interested in my fox tail...I knew I was wrong when she said "bye cutie" blew me a kiss and then later phoned me asking if I had a girlfriend. My friend confirmed that she was totally flirting with me...much to my chagrain...and of course fear and horror.
I don't really like anyone in that way. I'm fine with being friends with people but I can't really do relationships. Not my thing so I never flirt with people, never give them the wrong idea, just say neutral and friendly to people. Nothing past that.

I've been getting conflicting sides of view from all my friends, Obbl. Four different friends ALL of which know I don't do relationships have said either a variation of "GET IN THERE" Or "Would you like me to pick up the phone and tell her you can't?"
Which is lovely and I would love to say to her no myself, because it is something I do not want or cannot have for the time being, but all coherent thought process is lost and abandoned when I am suddenly thrust into a new situation with new people. For now I wont phone her, (I have no time in the day and am too tired when I get home to) wait and see if she phones me again at some point and I will attempt to be all like "Sorry but I can't." But if she asks for solid reasons, even though I may have them, I WILL trip over myself be incoherent and completely mess it up. *Claps* Thanks brain!
Perfectly fine with being friends, but I cannot be put into a relationship at this point in time. Probably even for quite a while now. I'm getting quite a lot of "Why the *swear* not you moron? messages from all my loving friends. Butt heads. :lol:
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Wolfy wrote:Have to say Shadowstar it was a completely random person. Just came up to me out of the blue. I thought she wanted to be a friend because she was interested in my fox tail...I knew I was wrong when she said "bye cutie" blew me a kiss and then later phoned me asking if I had a girlfriend. My friend confirmed that she was totally flirting with me...much to my chagrain...and of course fear and horror.
I don't really like anyone in that way. I'm fine with being friends with people but I can't really do relationships. Not my thing so I never flirt with people, never give them the wrong idea, just say neutral and friendly to people. Nothing past that.

I've been getting conflicting sides of view from all my friends, Obbl. Four different friends ALL of which know I don't do relationships have said either a variation of "GET IN THERE" Or "Would you like me to pick up the phone and tell her you can't?"
Which is lovely and I would love to say to her no myself, because it is something I do not want or cannot have for the time being, but all coherent thought process is lost and abandoned when I am suddenly thrust into a new situation with new people. For now I wont phone her, (I have no time in the day and am too tired when I get home to) wait and see if she phones me again at some point and I will attempt to be all like "Sorry but I can't." But if she asks for solid reasons, even though I may have them, I WILL trip over myself be incoherent and completely mess it up. *Claps* Thanks brain!
Perfectly fine with being friends, but I cannot be put into a relationship at this point in time. Probably even for quite a while now. I'm getting quite a lot of "Why the *swear* not you moron? messages from all my loving friends. Butt heads. :lol:
If you're honestly not looking for a relationship, then tell her you aren't interested. If she asks why, tell her that there are things going on in your life at moment and are too stressed for it.

Joy: Got paid today.
Sorrow: Didn't get the raise I asked for. :(
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Joy: choreography is the answer to most of my social problems.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : My trip to Germany, Belgium and France is in 3 days...

Sorrow : I'm going to have an obscene amount of homework when I come back...
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Joy: enjoy your planned trip, Deske!

Sorrow: homework is physically painful and burns my hands when I touch it.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Wolfy wrote:Horror. Well it is safe to say the greatest fear of my life has come true. I've been fearing this day for years now, hoping it would never happen...but it has. Someone flirted with me and is intent on being in a relationship with me. And I'm too kind and socially awkward to give/make up reasons why they shouldn't. Ffffffffff.........
I can make up reasons to stay away from them through the weekdays. But they seem pretty intent on it. Needless to say I am rather scared. *Huddles in a corner crying* Why couldn't the safety last?
Obbl and ShadowStar23 have it right. If I may also offer a piece of advice, you can always memorize the phone number of a local restaurant to give to people. I know it sounds like a jerk thing to do, but hey, no awkward explanations needed when they call not-you. :V

Of course I don't recommend doing this to someone you want to be friends with, but I jest.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Beagle wrote:
Wolfy wrote:Horror. Well it is safe to say the greatest fear of my life has come true. I've been fearing this day for years now, hoping it would never happen...but it has. Someone flirted with me and is intent on being in a relationship with me. And I'm too kind and socially awkward to give/make up reasons why they shouldn't. Ffffffffff.........
I can make up reasons to stay away from them through the weekdays. But they seem pretty intent on it. Needless to say I am rather scared. *Huddles in a corner crying* Why couldn't the safety last?
Obbl and ShadowStar23 have it right. If I may also offer a piece of advice, you can always memorize the phone number of a local restaurant to give to people. I know it sounds like a jerk thing to do, but hey, no awkward explanations needed when they call not-you. :V

Of course I don't recomend doing this to someone you want to be friends with, but I jest.
There might be a genius in our midst. :)
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Plot twist: They work for the restaurant and know the number.

Joy: I think all of the Theater lighting I've been setting up for the past week is finally good to go. As long as no bulbs burn out, I shouldn't have to climb another ladder for a while.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Joy: I start my rehearsals for Carmina Burana next Monday. :)

Sorrow: we haven't gone over the words yet, and we need to know the words by the time the rehearsal
starts.

...btw what show are you putting on, Jeff?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

It's a musical called "Baby." In all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of it. The music isn't bad, but it's nothing special either.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Joy: I keep seeing fanart of korra with the new haircut she gets in the next season and I can already tell there's going to be tears (of joy or pain), epicness, and feinting. This is mostly due to the fact that korra will be showing her last season starting October 3rd. :P
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Beagle wrote:

Of course I don't recommend doing this to someone you want to be friends with, but I jest.

The words "No" or "I'm not interested right now" will also suffice.
Confront the issue; human interaction isn 't this dichotomy of being in a relationship or not knowing someone at all .
If you do pull the number switcharoo on someone you're not only "fixing" the problem, but you also might be hurting someone who just wanted to get to know you.

Joy: University is kind of awesome when classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays start at 13:00.
Just an Arc
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : I didn't bomb my Psychology test
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy (sort of): I have decided to leave town. There is no future for me in Boone so in the next year or so I am going to move to Hickory and from there to either Raleigh or Charlotte.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy: Sent in a submission for guest week! :D

Fear: I'm worried that Rick decided to block my emails (he didn't reply to the last couple I sent him a while back - I think I sent him one too many) and it won't get seen. :(
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Joy (sort of): I have decided to leave town. There is no future for me in Boone so in the next year or so I am going to move to Hickory and from there to either Raleigh or Charlotte.
Why not move to a better state? Like Missouri. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Sleet wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:Joy (sort of): I have decided to leave town. There is no future for me in Boone so in the next year or so I am going to move to Hickory and from there to either Raleigh or Charlotte.
Or Kentucky. :)
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

InDaZone1219 wrote:
Sleet wrote:
Or Kentucky. :)
Or go to the North West to Idaho, its a nice place here to.

Also Joy: I might finally get a new phone as my old one is finally on its last legs. if things work out and since my credit is good. I should in theory get something much better that isnt a four year old used phone
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

other people wrote:
suggestions
come to Virginia, it's not that far
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:[...] move to [...] Raleigh.
I am okay with this.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : GUYS GUYS GUYS!!
http://dogsinbowties.tumblr.com/ Guys look! LOOK!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy: My previous fear was unfounded and my guest comic was put up! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : I head off to Germany tomorrow. My nervousness increases with every passing hour.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Sleet wrote:
I strongly advise you not to come to New Mexico.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

There is nothing wrong with North Carolina! Beyond the people, anyway...

Joy: I got the day off from work!

Sorrow: Its because I have a stomach virus!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sorrow: my google drive, where ALL of the translations in italian of the comic, the fancomics, the guest comics and the new A&H Club series...has stopped working and now the thread shows no images.
I'd hve something to say about this, but rating won't allow me
Deske

Post by Deske »

valerio wrote:Sorrow: my google drive, where ALL of the translations in italian of the comic, the fancomics, the guest comics and the new A&H Club series...has stopped working and now the thread shows no images.
I'd hve something to say about this, but rating won't allow me
Doesn't google keep backups of this stuff? I mean, they probably have the server space for it.