Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Art Thread

Post by NHWestoN »

Lovely creature, DDeer, lovingly rendered. I, too, am a big Daisy fan - lwys though she and Sasha would make a funny, fascinting pairing.

Chieris, great group depiction of Rick's "Fantastic Four" with a nod to Spiderguy (Peter Parker headsack).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Nice one, Chieris, and beautiful piece, DDeer!

Finally made another tumblr answer
IMG_2140.png
IMG_2140.png (790.67 KiB) Viewed 28413 times
in reference to a scenario I wrote up with @cybertherobotdragon where several of my characters and some of his encountered the Archdemon, Phlegethon, also owned by Cyber. It went poorly, but the heroes ultimately emerged victorious. Not without a lot of scars gained, the worst by Ollie. Man, we need to figure out a way to consolidate and publish these stories.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Spoo-kay, D-Rock! Chilling shadow effect.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really good work on everything! It all is just so marvelous and nice to look at!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:13 am Happy new years and brilliant work! From a distance it looks just like a photo - it's like what Impressionist painters did, preying on the audience's distance (and eyesight) to make large brush-strokes appear disturbingly realistic.

Also, although it was (probably) unintentional, I appreciate you leaving the construction lines visible on the deer. The animated Lackadaisy pilot did a very similar thing, because you can't even trust your own eyes anymore with A.I art floating around.
Chieris wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:17 pm A little drawing I did showing Daisy and my oc, Nadia as they're on their way to ECP's boarding house to meet with Sasha. I tried to make a simple background, but I had some limitations due to making it on a phone with my fingers instead of a drawing pad.
Don't sweat it 'bout the phone thing. I actually do most of my work with my finger too, you'll get used to it (I actually have a harder time while using a drawing pad now). Also, love the eyes.
Thanks for the lovely comments all, I like your comment about impressionism Harry, I guess I do use fairly large brush strokes to hint at detail, I think it comes from impatience at wanting to get an artwork finished in a sensible timescale, I also am a fan of pastel art which is a similar technique I feel. I toyed with the idea of removing the sketch lines, glad I didn't now. I also like to try and add depth using muted colours and lower detail for the background.

Glad you liked it Amazee, I don't see many deer round my immediate vicinity either sadly.

Great poses on your latest work Chieris and like the glow effect D-Rock.

Agree Sasha and Daisy would have made a great pairing, Weston, I find Sasha endearing (or should that be endeering) though scatterbrained at times she has her heart in the right place and seems honest as the day is long.
Disproportionately Dappled
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Recently I came up with a new Housepets character. Here's Solar, a cat who's the next door neighbor of Nadia. Solar has been living in Babylon Gardens for years and used to have a great social life, was good friends with some of the local cats. But when he took care of his dying brother, he managed to involuntarily ghost his friends. After realising what he had done, he was afraid they might hate him for this so he was living lonely for months, only interacting with his owners, but that changed when Nadia arrived.

Link to Deviantart post
Link to FurAffinity post
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is such a really nice picture of him Chieris! It looks like he came out just splendidly!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Nice-looking cat. And I can actually understand the bit about cutting off outside life when caring for a dying family member. It hits hard.

Got a Patreon sketch request from CakeTriflez. A more feral-shaped Mirage learning that motherhood can be exhausting.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (234.47 KiB) Viewed 23959 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Love the way that the picture has turned out! Looks like she hasn't gotten any sleep in a few days! XD
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Cool deer draw, DDeer. :D Very good work with this rare male calico cat, Chieris, and also with the comic fanart. ;) Funny sketch you got, D-Rock. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Another thing that came to my mind is that I never imagined Mirage would pick up Ollie by the scruff like a cat does so seeing that is very interesting.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Actually based on a piece of FNAF fan art of two of the characters as actual bunnies. Sent the artist the link. Looked into it, rabbits and hares don’t actually do this, but it was just too cute to let reality take precedence.

On a related note, once got a sketch from Hagus of Macabre doing the same thing to Ollie.
HiraokaNettoMichio

Post by HiraokaNettoMichio »

Art is not actually mine, but the nimbat OC is. Thinking of using him as a sort of Mascot. Why is he named Shockpuff? Because he has that Shocking Pink color and he's a goofy little puff of fur.

Also, it would be unfair for rick to use any of his characters as unauthorized mascots so that's why I'm posting the little dude

Don't let his looks fool you, he would be going after the baddies, smarter than his looks and silly personality would let on, and would even be used as that of a cursor.

Friend me on steam for a friendly game of whichever.

Steam Name: Hiraoka Netto Michio
(Username: James77358)
Steam Friend code: 51949146
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He does definitely look really sweet and funny though! I do like him! Definitely would be a cute mascot!
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

....there is no image.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
HiraokaNettoMichio

Post by HiraokaNettoMichio »

Okay harry. Here he is, this time compressed instead of being linked to the Fur Affinity page.
Attachments
1684255097.darkeralan_shockpuff001-min.png
1684255097.darkeralan_shockpuff001-min.png (856.12 KiB) Viewed 22495 times
Friend me on steam for a friendly game of whichever.

Steam Name: Hiraoka Netto Michio
(Username: James77358)
Steam Friend code: 51949146
Harry Johnathan

Very nice.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Intriguing creature.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I got to remember not to look at him when I am craving something sweet. Because I keep thinking he's cotton candy an I want some cotton candy now! :lol: :mrgreen:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ollie, those aren’t for eating.
Attachments
IMG_2184.png
IMG_2184.png (718.98 KiB) Viewed 21893 times
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Prime example of what you shouldn't do when you're telling a story: Instead showing how a main character meets the first new person in a new environment, show how she meets the second one.
The first pet Nadia meets after moving to Babylon Gardens is Sasha through a little accident and Sasha is the one who invites Nadia to take part in a game with her and Daisy. They meet Daisy at a clearing in the nearby forest and Daisy obviously introduces herself in the way she always does.

Link to FurAffinity post
Link to Deviantart post

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really liking the pictures that you both ended up drawing and posting here. The Ollie one is really hilarious in my opinion. :lol: :mrgreen:
Harry Johnathan

Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame:

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The way the artwork came out really makes me feel Quasimoto's anguish here! This is really impeccable and hauntingly beautiful!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Cute character, HiraokaNettoMichio. ;) Eheh, it was Ollie's fault! :lol: Cool idea, D-Rock. :D It was better if Nadia didn't ever meet Daisy, Chieris, but nice draw. :P Well done, Harry Johnathan, Quasimodo is certainly suffering there... :|
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey at least in the Disney movie he can move past it. I usually just accept the Disney movie endings of some media because its less depressing.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

I recently started sketching at least a little something every day (which is something I should've started much more early to be honest) and I made a sketch featuring Maxwell as he gives an advice to my OC, Solar. They were good friends before Solar involuntarily went no-contact. They had some sort of a mentor-apprentice relationship where Maxwell tried to educate Solar, taught him street smarts, gave him dating advices, etc.

Link to Deviantart post
Link to FurAffinity post

Harry Johnathan

Good work.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The way the picture came out is stunning and I do like how adorable Solar looks in that picture with Max! Very cool job on it Chieris!
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Thank you guys!
I seem to be obsessed with this little guy, because I drew him again and I have another WIP drawing featuring him. This time I drew Solar singing. He has a beautiful singing voice and used to sing whenever he was doing chores

Link to Deviantart post
Link to FurAffinity post

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think the way he came out here is very glamorous and he seems so happy when he is singing! Wonderful job!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Solar is so cute. :D If he meets Grape with that broom, she could teach him broom-fu. :P Nice draw of him with Maxwell, too. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Chieris wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:42 pm Prime example of what you shouldn't do when you're telling a story: Instead showing how a main character meets the first new person in a new environment, show how she meets the second one.
The first pet Nadia meets after moving to Babylon Gardens is Sasha through a little accident and Sasha is the one who invites Nadia to take part in a game with her and Daisy. They meet Daisy at a clearing in the nearby forest and Daisy obviously introduces herself in the way she always does.

Link to FurAffinity post
Link to Deviantart post
"Hi, I'm Daisy ... and you're neat!"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:42 pm I think the way he came out here is very glamorous and he seems so happy when he is singing! Wonderful job!
Very original sorta guy, Solar. Rick would be proud of yers.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hope that we get to see more of him and him doing stuff in the neighborhood soon!
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Thank you everyone! Your kind words mean a lot to me!
Cesco wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:43 pm If he meets Grape with that broom, she could teach him broom-fu. :P
She probably won't teach him. Solar is quite faint-hearted, very sensitive to sudden movements and loud noises, he would call it quits after the first time Grape swings that broom
NHWestoN wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:55 pm Very original sorta guy, Solar. Rick would be proud of yers.
Thank you Weston. It would be interesting to see him and Nadia in Rick's style, that's something that mostly depends on me (and also depending on whether he is open to commissions)
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:48 am Hope that we get to see more of him and him doing stuff in the neighborhood soon!
I do plan to draw him as part of a musical trio with Fiddler and Keys (They sometimes asked him to join when they had a gig). But I would like to focus a bit more on Nadia too and her friendship with Solar, especially after saying how much this helped Solar come out from that depressive state he was in after realizing that he managed to go no-contact with his friends while taking care of his dying pet-brother.

Solar loves astronomy (and no, he did not got his name because of that) and he often goes outside at night to look at the stars in the sky, occasionally bringing his telescope too. Sometimes Marvin joined him on these stargazing sessions, they had some lengthy conversations during these. They had a good friendship and could talk about anything, so Marvin was genuinely surprised when Solar suddenly started ignoring him

Link to Deviantart post
Link to FurAffinity post

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Your style is yours, sir ... but a match-up with Fidler and Keys is truly inspired!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is such a very beautiful picture that you posted Chieris! I hope that Solar and Marvin will be able to repair their relationship at some point!
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:47 am Hey at least in the Disney movie he can move past it. I usually just accept the Disney movie endings of some media because its less depressing.
Quasimodo dying in the original novel is pretty depressing, sure, but the point of the story was his suffering would be forgotten , but the cathedral he loved would live forever, just like how petty human fighting and suffering will fade away but art always remains - the original title of the book in French is actually just "Notre Dame of Paris" - Victor Hugo was actually annoyed when the Americans added 'Hunchback' to the translated title.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Great stuff!

Have a few things to show off, myself.
IMG_2213.png
IMG_2213.png (652.58 KiB) Viewed 19270 times
The feathered serpent Teo is a god from a classical era Mesoamerican style civilization strongly inspired by the mayans. He is their god of the earth and skies, and is quite used to and happy with a traditional view of how gods and mortals are supposed to interact: Gods are above mortals, mortals are meant to worship them, and in exchange the gods answer prayers, give blessings, and create miracles.

He is often at odds in this with Mirage, and believes it is unhealthy for her to get so personally close to mortals. This frequently gets on Mirage's nerves.

Teo is one of Cyber’s characters, done as a commission.
IMG_2218.png
IMG_2218.png (297.4 KiB) Viewed 19270 times
Valentine’s Day piece featuring Celeste and Myron.
IMG_2217.png
IMG_2217.png (793.75 KiB) Viewed 19270 times
And commission by CHAOKOCartoons of Vex.