Having trouble posting comments!

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

AuvaAkita

Having trouble posting comments!

Post by AuvaAkita »

It seems as though i'm not allowed to post comments any more because every time i do, they don't show up with the rest of them. Any ideas on how this is happening? I was able to get a "test comment" up followed by a "Please delete" comment (someone deleted it so you don't need to go looking for it) and then i once again tried to post my original comment and it did the same exact thing. After trying to post the same comment twice, i got an error message saying that there was a duplicate comment and that i've written it already, even though it wasn't on the comments page. So i switched the words around a little and tried posting, and again i get nothing. The page loads like it normally does but my comment isn't there. After about 6 or so times of doing that i decided to quit. Now i'm asking for help if anyone knows what i'm talking about.
"A little comic relief in a discussion does no harm, however serious the topic may be" - C.S. Lewis

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Having trouble posting comments!

Post by Sleet »

It's possible you used a flagged word like "first," which keeps your comment from appearing until a moderator approves of it.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
AuvaAkita

Post by AuvaAkita »

Sleet wrote:It's possible you used a flagged word like "first," which keeps your comment from appearing until a moderator approves of it.
Here is what i wrote as my comment:

"Wow, Ralph must be really old! Not in this arc of course but when we get back to the correct time period. And i agree, sniffing butts is a very effective way to get to know you're neighbors!"

I can understand why the word "butt" would cause that, but why would the word "first" have to be approved? And plus i never saw "A moderator has to approve this comment" message being displayed. There was nothing, besides that one error message saying that i can't post a duplicate comment.
"A little comic relief in a discussion does no harm, however serious the topic may be" - C.S. Lewis

JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I know, i sometimes dont find comments that i left.

Like during the last update i wrote "Looks like the rules...*sunglasses*....just got screwed" which was a casual refference to an abridged series and i remember someone else writing "Screw the rules" earlier. I know there is a un-PG meaning to the word but that is way at the bottom of the list of definitions
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Certain vulgar words are completely banned in comments, and others are flagged because they might be used innocently, so they need moderator approval before they're shown. "First" is one such word because of this idiotic practice that's popular on the internet where people try to be the first one to comment, and they comment with "First!" or something equally useless. It got pretty bad here, so Rick added "first" to the list of words that are flagged for moderator approval.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Sorry, for some reason 'butt' was on the blacklist. Lemme talk to someone about that . . .
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
AuvaAkita

Post by AuvaAkita »

Sleet wrote:Certain vulgar words are completely banned in comments, and others are flagged because they might be used innocently, so they need moderator approval before they're shown. "First" is one such word because of this idiotic practice that's popular on the internet where people try to be the first one to comment, and they comment with "First!" or something equally useless. It got pretty bad here, so Rick added "first" to the list of words that are flagged for moderator approval.
I can understand that, but i never used the word "first" in my comment. I did use the word "butt" though, so that might have triggered it, but i never got a notice saying that my comment needed to be approved.

And also i just went back a few minutes ago and tried posting the comment again. It finally decided to let me share!!!!
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/01/ ... ment-95522

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Glad to hear your problem was solved ! No use for this thread anymore...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?