Creepy childhood songs

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Harry Johnathan

Re: Creepy childhood songs

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Zukio wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:57 pm
Psykeout wrote:I always thought the theme song for Candle Cove was creepy.
I thought that song was creepy too! Poor Janice.
Anyway I always thought Rock-a-bye baby was creepy. There is also a game in Japan called Kagome Kagome which involves singing a song when going in a circle. The person in the middle is supposed to be a demon and name the person behind them when the song ends.
Wait, isn't Candle Cove a creepypasta? :shock:
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah it is but it looks like it was also a show on SyFy.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

tychoaussie wrote: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:24 pm Does anyone remember the "On top of old smokey, all covered in blood" diddy from their childhood?

..or "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school, we have tortured all the teachers, we have broken every rule" ...

...what about "great big globs of greasy, grimy..." and so on, which ends with "Its too bad you didn't bring a spoon!"
Ah, you can't beat the classics ... and don't forget "the worms crawl in, the worms ... " well, they do the predictable things.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Here is another classic that I just looked up the meaning to. It's "Three Blind Mice". The titular mice in the rhyme are the "Oxford Martyrs." Three Anglican bishops who would not convert to Catholicism. Queen Mary I aka "Bloody Mary" shows just how much insanity she inherited from her beheading-happy father Henry VIII when she sentenced them to death for "blindly" following Protestant beliefs and had them burned at the stake. The three of them were Hugh Latimer, Nicholas Ridley and Thomas Cranmer, the Archbishop of Canterbury. Cranmer was the one who also managed to dissolve Henry VIII's to her mother Catherine of Aragon.