Future Arcs

Discuss the comic here
Buster
Game Master

Re: Future Arcs

Post by Buster »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:And how does he tell them all apart? XD
cologne/perfume?

the pets do have a rather reliable sense of smell after all.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Sorry to have to be the one to bring this up, but the moment you make one of the Mr. Bigglesworth their own character, there’s a good chance you’ll have to give them an actual name so they can be used separate from the other ones.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

That doesn’t sound too hard. It doesn’t have to be creative. It can be like Mr. B. Or you know original and meaningful that delves into their relationship like a reminder of a moment they shared. For example they go walking through the woods and see....a cherry blossom tree. The name can be Sakura. Then at the end after something goes wrong and they break up, Sakura finds herself back at the tree where they shared their first kiss and feels a wave of remorse. From the trees Rex appears with the light of the sunset cascading over him. They slowly meet and embrace as the cherry blossom petals fall around them.

You know what is strange, I know the entire thing is a joke (which is a whole thing into itself) but it strikes me as strange that at no point did the Mr. Bigglesworths ever decide to just name themselves. What is it about pet culture that keeps them from being more independent especially if your owner gives you a dumb name along with twenty others?
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

fenrirblack wrote:That doesn’t sound too hard. It doesn’t have to be creative. It can be like Mr. B. Or you know original and meaningful that delves into their relationship like a reminder of a moment they shared. For example they go walking through the woods and see....a cherry blossom tree. The name can be Sakura. Then at the end after something goes wrong and they break up, Sakura finds herself back at the tree where they shared their first kiss and feels a wave of remorse. From the trees Rex appears with the light of the sunset cascading over him. They slowly meet and embrace as the cherry blossom petals fall around them.

You know what is strange, I know the entire thing is a joke (which is a whole thing into itself) but it strikes me as strange that at no point did the Mr. Bigglesworths ever decide to just name themselves. What is it about pet culture that keeps them from being more independent especially if your owner gives you a dumb name along with twenty others?
They just fell into it for more of respect of their owner, I would imagine. Nothing stops them i find from naming them themselves.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:That doesn’t sound too hard. It doesn’t have to be creative. It can be like Mr. B. Or you know original and meaningful that delves into their relationship like a reminder of a moment they shared. For example they go walking through the woods and see....a cherry blossom tree. The name can be Sakura. Then at the end after something goes wrong and they break up, Sakura finds herself back at the tree where they shared their first kiss and feels a wave of remorse. From the trees Rex appears with the light of the sunset cascading over him. They slowly meet and embrace as the cherry blossom petals fall around them.

They just fell into it for more of respect of their owner, I would imagine. Nothing stops them i find from naming them themselves.
This could actually be fun to talk about, as when you think about it, it’s kinda odd that none of the pets have come up with nicknames for themselves
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: You know what is strange, I know the entire thing is a joke (which is a whole thing into itself) but it strikes me as strange that at no point did the Mr. Bigglesworths ever decide to just name themselves. What is it about pet culture that keeps them from being more independent especially if your owner gives you a dumb name along with twenty others?
It’s hard to have respect for someone who can’t take the time to come up with different names for their pets. It’s inconcider to the pet, and honestly to everyone else who interacts with them.
Gameb18oy wrote: This could actually be fun to talk about, as when you think about it, it’s kinda odd that none of the pets have come up with nicknames for themselves
Are you referring just to the Mr. Bigglesworths’ or to all the pets in general?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: You know what is strange, I know the entire thing is a joke (which is a whole thing into itself) but it strikes me as strange that at no point did the Mr. Bigglesworths ever decide to just name themselves. What is it about pet culture that keeps them from being more independent especially if your owner gives you a dumb name along with twenty others?
It’s hard to have respect for someone who can’t take the time to come up with different names for their pets. It’s inconcider to the pet, and honestly to everyone else who interacts with them.
Gameb18oy wrote: This could actually be fun to talk about, as when you think about it, it’s kinda odd that none of the pets have come up with nicknames for themselves
Are you referring just to the Mr. Bigglesworths’ or to all the pets in general?
Yes
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that he was just talking about the Bigglesworths when that question was brought up.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Res along with Grape, Maxwell, Peanut, Joey, Squeak, and Dallas are all petnapped by PETA before a book signing, because PETA wants to keep Res from being “exploited “,(The BG pets were given special passes for helping Res finish Pridelands) The K9 squad must now deal with the international media attention of Res’ abduction while trying to track the missing pets. The six animals must work together to try and escape their captors.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Would also have a little bit more of an urgency to it if PETA planned to "end their suffering".
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

trekkie wrote:Res along with Grape, Maxwell, Peanut, Joey, Squeak, and Dallas are all petnapped by PETA before a book signing, because PETA wants to keep Res from being “exploited “,(The BG pets were given special passes for helping Res finish Pridelands) The K9 squad must now deal with the international media attention of Res’ abduction while trying to track the missing pets. The six animals must work together to try and escape their captors.
Would Dallas be there? He's never shown any interest in the series and has had one real interaction with Res.

Speaking of Dallas, I think we need a follow up to Lester's and Kitsune's game night. It was two scenes but had a lot of potential. Especially if A. Kitsune is hanging around BG full time and B. he does seemed to have grown attached to the geeks.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

fenrirblack wrote:
trekkie wrote:Res along with Grape, Maxwell, Peanut, Joey, Squeak, and Dallas are all petnapped by PETA before a book signing, because PETA wants to keep Res from being “exploited “,(The BG pets were given special passes for helping Res finish Pridelands) The K9 squad must now deal with the international media attention of Res’ abduction while trying to track the missing pets. The six animals must work together to try and escape their captors.
Would Dallas be there? He's never shown any interest in the series and has had one real interaction with Res.

Speaking of Dallas, I think we need a follow up to Lester's and Kitsune's game night. It was two scenes but had a lot of potential. Especially if A. Kitsune is hanging around BG full time and B. he does seemed to have grown attached to the geeks.
I’m just being a little self-indulgent as I am a Dallas fan, he could certainly be removed from the arc. I would also like to see a follow up with Kitsune and Lester. Maybe Lester will ask for a rematch and this time Joey, Squeak, and Dallas are present.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and insert the li'l dino- demon to add a pinch of the diabolical to Kitsune's mischief.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I still think we need to know what happened to the demon. I think he is too simple to enjoy the luxuries the Milton's have or Keene had. Maybe Breel keeps him as a pet somewhere?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Alright, i'm going to put my two cents here since i'm super excited for this: I'm hoping to see some more mature relationship things going on between Grape and Max in the future like the one we seen with Rufus, but i'm crossing my fingers, toes, ears and tail here that they decide to go ahead with the kitten idea in 2-4 years after the Maxwell arc.

That being said ~ i'm thinking Rick gotta focus on the growth of Babylon in general. King and the Wolves look like a good arc to get into for that, along with possibly some unexpected characters like Jasper, Tiger, Marvin and Jess/Zach.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

We have been out of "feral-land" for a while now, it's true. Now that you mention Tiger and Marvin, an arc that pairs them with Zach and Jessica could set off a few minor explosions.

Another long dormant theme is "scheming Bino" and the Good Ol'Dogs Club crew of Rex, Yeltsin, Griswold, and Stem. (Forgive me, Miles, but the pack needs a vacation after that looooooog loop with Gale Puma!)

Again, how about a female joining the K9s? Daisy? Although they've also had a long run lately, too.

Orrrrrr Eudoant needs to retrieve the li'l dino-demon before its Terrestrial presence throws cosmic counterbalanced out of whack. He enlists the aid and advice of a Celestial he used to know when she worked on the assembly beach just across from Pandemonium's entry shore - Cerberus. Recognizing the danger but not entirely trusting the Grand Infernal's motives, Cerberus agrees to help and knows four perfect mortal experts they can easily "persuade" to rescue the universe ...... Breel, Bailey, Keene, and King. Oh, and don't let Kitsune find out. Or Craig and Draig, either.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

NHWestoN wrote:We have been out of "feral-land" for a while now, it's true. Now that you mention Tiger and Marvin, an arc that pairs them with Zach and Jessica could set off a few minor explosions.

Another long dormant theme is "scheming Bino" and the Good Ol'Dogs Club crew of Rex, Yeltsin, Griswold, and Stem. (Forgive me, Miles, but the pack needs a vacation after that looooooog loop with Gale Puma!)

Again, how about a female joining the K9s? Daisy? Although they've also had a long run lately, too.

Orrrrrr Eudoant needs to retrieve the li'l dino-demon before its Terrestrial presence throws cosmic counterbalanced out of whack. He enlists the aid and advice of a Celestial he used to know when she worked on the assembly beach just across from Pandemonium's entry shore - Cerberus. Recognizing the danger but not entirely trusting the Grand Infernal's motives, Cerberus agrees to help and knows four perfect mortal experts they can easily "persuade" to rescue the universe ...... Breel, Bailey, Keene, and King. Oh, and don't let Kitsune find out. Or Craig and Draig, either.
The K9's in this arc give me hope they might consider doing something at the end of this arc. Though I'm more interested in seeing something funny happening in the end. *gasp* recruit Maxwell :o

The demon needs to be touched on, indeed. x3

I been thinking about Bino as wel ~ problem is, i'm not certain what Rick can do with him at this point. Maybe do a Max and Bino arc x3
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I, too, think a Maxwell joins the K9s (maybe to impress Grape) has real potential.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Was there an image of him in the outfit or something? It’s hard to believe how much the idea of Maxwell joining the K-9 unit has stuck, maybe it’s just due to him being one of three usuable options if Rick doesn’t decide to make Officer Bigglesworth... you know I just realized if we ever get an arc with not just the wolves but the pets getting jobs, they’ll finally be able to be told apart. Alongside officer B, we could have coach B, Private eye B, Chef B, and Dr. B, could be a mild gag about the fact it’s unclear if some of them have multiple jobs or not as they seem to know everything that happens at the other places the rest of the family is working
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:Was there an image of him in the outfit or something?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I made that request, too. :3

I wouldn't mind any job, but I found it amusing that Maxwell was giving a small foreshadowing recently.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:I made that request, too. :3

I wouldn't mind any job, but I found it amusing that Maxwell was giving a small foreshadowing recently.
You mean the “get a job” line? I don’t know if that was foreshadowing, but I would like it if it is... heh, honestly Max is one of the more surprising characters to not just get a job, imagine how much easier it be to bribe pet shop cashiers to give him catnip if he didn’t have only a quarter to bargain with
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

....plus, of course, Max being "adorable". The little stinker.... ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

diving into the Max joining the police I have never been a fan of the idea but it could be more interesting if one uses out of the box thinking. The Fe-line (judging from the FE on Max’s uniform) could be more covert. I mean really covert and not just the dogs trying to find Keene by “posing” as guests at the spa. One thing we really don’t see from the K-9 unit is diversity. What I mean is all we see are the “street cop” variety. Mungo was in SWAT once so that’s something but what about the rest of the divisions. The Fe-line unit could do a lot due to their own natural “ninja” ability.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

fenrirblack wrote:diving into the Max joining the police I have never been a fan of the idea but it could be more interesting if one uses out of the box thinking. The Fe-line (judging from the FE on Max’s uniform) could be more covert. I mean really covert and not just the dogs trying to find Keene by “posing” as guests at the spa. One thing we really don’t see from the K-9 unit is diversity. What I mean is all we see are the “street cop” variety. Mungo was in SWAT once so that’s something but what about the rest of the divisions. The Fe-line unit could do a lot due to their own natural “ninja” ability.
I use to remember wracking my brain on these ideas all the time when I was a kid. Cats are great home/back trackers and are generally quieter and awesome climbers. Now in real-life, they couldn't reasonably detain a person or be trained on it unless they wanna start using their claws , but in a comic like Housepets, they could actually be trained to climb into vents and narrow areas and do things that require small body frames and do complicated things a normal human being couldn't such as unhooking or unlocking things that are out of their reach.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Depending on if they can bulk the cat up or not, in the HP! universe they might be able to detain someone. dryideabat had a character who was basically a cat on steroids who put Kevin and Mungo to shame in the muscle department. XD. I wonder if there is a way to achieve that WITHOUT the steroids though.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

You know if regular house cats aren't cutting it they could always branch out and hire some larger cats like Tigers and Lions. Have you ever heard of the Pixiu which in Chinese mythology is a winged lion-like creature that is said to ward off evil and bring wealth. The police department could definitely use both of those.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

fenrirblack wrote:You know if regular house cats aren't cutting it they could always branch out and hire some larger cats like Tigers and Lions. Have you ever heard of the Pixiu which in Chinese mythology is a winged lion-like creature that is said to ward off evil and bring wealth. The police department could definitely use both of those.
I had a feeling that would be brought up. If that's the case, Babylon Garden is now the new Zootopia :3
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:You know if regular house cats aren't cutting it they could always branch out and hire some larger cats like Tigers and Lions. Have you ever heard of the Pixiu which in Chinese mythology is a winged lion-like creature that is said to ward off evil and bring wealth. The police department could definitely use both of those.
I had a feeling that would be brought up. If that's the case, Babylon Garden is now the new Zootopia :3
Oh carp, I was going to mention that but I got side tracked by the Pixiu thing. My mind has been in so many places and cultures today I cannot even function properly.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Read that cats don't have collarbones or something like that, which is why they can fit in such tight places. If that trait is passed on in the HP universe, then cats would work great at infiltration.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Ooo! Ooo! I like this one! Cats have collar bones, but they are entirely embedded in the muscles and not attached to the rest of the skeleton, so they can be folded to streamline the body. Thus any space a cat can fit its head through, the rest of the body can follow :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ah, I see. Neat! Now want to see some of them in a narrow tube just because. :lol:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Some of them can even crawl under doors. best one is ceiling tiles. I had my cats do that a few times. :3

Now regarding tubes, that can come in handy for people that are stuck themselves if they know how to do it right, but mostly from an emergency. not actual police work.

Another thing that i forgot today is cats could possibly de-escalate situations, but this would have to work hand-in-hand with dogs. Dogs would have better hearing, but cats would have better eye sight. THEN we start getting into cats and dogs working together. oh, joy x3
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Cats might be good at surveillance work for the PD. Maybe a future arc could be something with Bino, Duchess, and The Good Old Dogs Club.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You mean having a cat sneaking into the club and spying on them all? I could get behind that. I'm of the belief that any of the cats would be able to outrun Bino and his delightful band of dolts anyway. :mrgreen:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You mean having a cat sneaking into the club and spying on them all? I could get behind that. I'm of the belief that any of the cats would be able to outrun Bino and his delightful band of dolts anyway. :mrgreen:
I was actually talking about the cats doing surveillance work for the PD, and as a separate idea, an arc involving Bino and the club. As for a cat sneaking into the Good Old Dog Club, Grape might a good candidate as she likes the taste of dog biscuits, and attended a meeting already, when they were preparing to welcome Fido back from K9 training.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I could see that and I'm sure she could be discreet and even if not, she could very effectively knock out Bino and the rest of the mooks,
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Bino and Max join the K-9 to find a missing girl.

Bino steals all the credit.
Max steals all the snuggles.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But you just know it will blow up in Bino's face somehow.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

How about an arc with a seeing eye dog. I feel like that is something we should have seen like in the background somewhere. Can you see Mungo walking around with a blind person? Probably just carry them around in his arms or over his head. Or the pets discover that Bino has been secretly moonlighting as a seeing-eye dog. That would be interesting.