HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh, thanks. It's good you remembered that but- Flash?" Makani stops, holding the injector kit as the snow leopard disappears into the bathroom.
"Flash? You okay in there? D'you need me to call medical?"
"No thanks," comes the trembling voice from the door. "It's not worse than when that kid offered my a protein bar, remember? Oh, and definitely less messy. You won't have to call a cleaning crew." Toilet flushing. "You *do* have mouthwash here, do you?"
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"No, thanks. We don't eat."
"Thank you for the offer, ma'am. But, er, what my colleague is trying to say is that as we are anidroids we do not require sustenance. However if you wish companionship or conversation during your meal then we would be glad to join you. We too are on break until shortly before the training begins."
The woman slapped herself mentally. "Of course, sorry. But yes, the truth is, I was trying to use some company, *any* company with someone who doesn't require any special attention. I do love my job, but...It's been two hectic weeks: like being plunged into a sudden catastrophe area. I had worked for shelters before, but on a volunteer basis, and..." she sighed. "Here I go again, talking as if I had some special rights in front of what just happened to those poor souls..."
---
The pair stopped in front of an elevator. Jemmy pressed the call. "How are you going to select the candidates?"
"I'll start with the volunteers. I like them: Despite having lived through Hell and Return, they still want to do the right thing for their peers. I will separate the true warriors from the wannabe heroes who want to impress their special ones."
"Do you think there are any?"
Asur Grinned. "There's *always* someone who will risk hsi or her neck to play the dashing hero or the out-of-scheme strong lady. But this ain't no fable, dear: When--" the door slid open at that moment and the saurian anidroid's expression became one of unsettling happines and he opened his arms as if to hug the one he was speaking to. "Heeyyy, if it is not my favorite salad kitty! Beta, how you doing ol' pal??"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That... does sound intriguing," Francis admitted, looking to get his coat on for a trip. "I'll provide whatever you need. Dad's loose in one of the meeting rooms if you like. Um which... which apartment is the girl in?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That... does sound intriguing," Francis admitted, looking to get his coat on for a trip. "I'll provide whatever you need. Dad's loose in one of the meeting rooms if you like. Um which... which apartment is the girl in?"
"You will find her at K-74, together with some friends of her. I'll meet you at the door. Just take a 'wheel. I'll hold that call until you meet her, okay? No need to rush things." Tegan ended the connection. She stood up. "Zap..?"
"I know. No word of this until you sorted it out. We don't want to inadvertedly cause a scandal. Go have fun."
The cat left the HQ. She yawned. She had had few sleep these days, but it was like her to forgo her physical needs until she had done her duties...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right-ho," Francis said, nipping over to the grooming station to make himself look perfect for Tegan and his job, of course. That done, he put the coffee machine back together in a minute or so before suiting up properly, heading out and and heading towards his destination whilst adjusting his watch.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The moment the tiger saw Asur, he shrunk back a little. Despite therapy and the situation having been explained to him, that Asur just wanted to talk to him privately, he instinctively felt a bit nervous when in the droid's presence.

"Salad Kitty?" A voice sounded from the pocket on Beta's lab coat. "Not bad. My favorite so far is 'coni-fur'."
"Shuddup." Beta quickly said to his pocket. "Asur. I'm doing... better. Thanks for asking. I was just..."
"Wait... That's Asur?" the voice interrupted. "Huh. He doesn't look that tough."
"I said shut up!"
"Make me!"

Beta punched his coat pocket hard. Then his face scrunched up and tears started welling up in his eyes. "FFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRGH! OW!" the tiger said, shaking his injured paw.

"Ha ha! Wimp." the voice mocked before it's source made itself known. The head of a particularly large rat poked out of the pocket. The rat was black with red eyes, and it's face and head were completely covered in various scars. Many of these scars seemed to have something shiny showing under where the skin was missing completely. "'Sup, reploid?" He said to Asur.

Beta sighed. "Asur, this is Pascal. Pascal, Asur. Pascal wanted me to show him more of the ship."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Right-ho," Francis said, nipping over to the grooming station to make himself look perfect for Tegan and his job, of course. That done, he put the coffee machine back together in a minute or so before suiting up properly, heading out and and heading towards his destination whilst adjusting his watch.
Tegan was already on her way to call an automated monowheel...when she remembered. And slapped herself. "D'oh!" Then, sighing, she activated her communicator. "Francis? I forgot: at this hour it's likely we can find them at the cafeteria "Sunny" at Bridge K. Then they will go to orientation for their first day of school." She transmitted the message, giving it priority.
---
CyberDragon wrote:The moment the tiger saw Asur, he shrunk back a little. Despite therapy and the situation having been explained to him, that Asur just wanted to talk to him privately, he instinctively felt a bit nervous when in the droid's presence.
"Salad Kitty?" A voice sounded from the pocket on Beta's lab coat. "Not bad. My favorite so far is 'coni-fur'."
"Shuddup." Beta quickly said to his pocket. "Asur. I'm doing... better. Thanks for asking. I was just..."
"Wait... That's Asur?" the voice interrupted. "Huh. He doesn't look that tough."
"I said shut up!"
"Make me!"
Beta punched his coat pocket hard. Then his face scrunched up and tears started welling up in his eyes. "FFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRGH! OW!" the tiger said, shaking his injured paw.
"Ha ha! Wimp." the voice mocked before it's source made itself known. The head of a particularly large rat poked out of the pocket. The rat was black with red eyes, and it's face and head were completely covered in various scars. Many of these scars seemed to have something shiny showing under where the skin was missing completely. "'Sup, reploid?" He said to Asur.
Beta sighed. "Asur, this is Pascal. Pascal, Asur. Pascal wanted me to show him more of the ship."
Asur's snout got closer to the rat's. "Uhm, good stuff here. Small but...well equipped. And witty. I like ya already, jimbo." Then he remembered about the tiger. "Oh? Thought you were going to watch me shape up the new volunteers for the future security of Zilnawa's Pet Block." He grinned at the rat. "You in, Jimbo? Show ya how a pro trains these sacks of meat."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:"No thanks," comes the trembling voice from the door. "It's not worse than when that kid offered my a protein bar, remember? Oh, and definitely less messy. You won't have to call a cleaning crew." Toilet flushing. "You *do* have mouthwash here, do you?"
How could I forget?" Makani asks dryly, rolling his eyes skywards.
"Yeah, cupboard under the sink." the cat answers. "Er, just use one of the glasses on the bench and leave it in the sink when you're done. I'll have housekeeping replace it."

~~~~~~~~
Kelly takes the lady's hand with one daintly gloved paw and pats it with the other.
"Everyone has been extraordinarily busy these past few days. It's quite understandable that you'd be slightly frazzled and you do of course have the right to attend to your own well-being. That being said, what would you like for breakfast? Something with coffee, perhaps?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thanks, Tegan," Francis said, hailing a wheel and directing it to the cafe. He watched the world go by until it arrived, resisting the urge to check out the wheels' communications panel.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:How could I forget?" Makani asks dryly, rolling his eyes skywards.
"Yeah, cupboard under the sink." the cat answers. "Er, just use one of the glasses on the bench and leave it in the sink when you're done. I'll have housekeeping replace it."
For a minute, it sounded as if someone was trying to wash the innard of a jet propulsor, before the door opened and Flash came out. "Thank you. At this point, if they wanted to replace my whole body with a cyclone suit, I'll be up for it. Ready to hit the pharm? Any plan for the day? I swear, I feared that cruising could prove boring, but sometimes I miss boring. Never cooked so much in my life. I think I'll join Masterchef when I'm healed."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:Kelly takes the lady's hand with one daintly gloved paw and pats it with the other.
"Everyone has been extraordinarily busy these past few days. It's quite understandable that you'd be slightly frazzled and you do of course have the right to attend to your own well-being. That being said, what would you like for breakfast? Something with coffee, perhaps?"
"Oh, no, thanks. I think it replaced my blood by now. But I'm in for a traditional American Breakfast. Triple serving. I want to feel the Stars'n'Stripes grow on my tummy."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thanks, Tegan," Francis said, hailing a wheel and directing it to the cafe. He watched the world go by until it arrived, resisting the urge to check out the wheels' communications panel.
Tegan dismounted her Wheel. For a moment, she felt tempted to get on the promenade and try to smell the air for traces of vegetation.
Still 4 days to Bombay, Apollo City's first stop. It seemed a lot, but considering the size and tonnage of Apollo, it was a remarkable time. There would be still many weeks before reaching the Atlantic, and then Meriweather Island, midway between Europe and North America. Dr. Rozen and Dr. Avery were intrigued by the psychological developments in what was growing to be more a community than a bunch of tourists. So far, the addition of the rescueés had stirred no problems...
Lost in her thoughts, she almost missed the incoming Wheel.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis alighted from the wheel and thanked it for the ride as he stepped over to Tegan. "So here we are," he said thoughtfully, "apparently about to meet family. And without even a video call." He looked her over gently. "You seem distracted. Fear of more emergencies keeping you awake?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I'm not sure if..."
"You bet, Reploid!" Pascal interrupted, causing Beta to sigh. "Do I get to beat up any insubordinate recruits?"

"You two are going to get along dangerously well, I can already tell..."
"Ah, I'm not that dangerous. Unless something bites me. Or gets cut on my knife. Or drops me on their toe. Or hits my fist with their face!"
"That last one happens quite a lot, doesn't it." Beta said, grinning in spite of himself.
"Not my fault their faces were so punchable."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis alighted from the wheel and thanked it for the ride as he stepped over to Tegan. "So here we are," he said thoughtfully, "apparently about to meet family. And without even a video call." He looked her over gently. "You seem distracted. Fear of more emergencies keeping you awake?"
Tegan pecked his cheeck. "For now, I am just trying to stay awake *and* connected with reality. It's been a hectic two weeks, to say the least. Security worked so many double shifts, we could just retire and live rich like the Milton ferrets. And the funny thing, the real troublemakers weren't even the pet fighters rescueés, it was those snotty rich pets -present company excluded- and their 'classy' owners, all going 'Oh dear, that *beast* won't hurt my poo-paa, will it? And..." she caught herself just in time. "Sorry. I get a tad antsy when overworked. So, ready to go?"
The "Sunny" looked just worth its name, what with its tropical setting, complete with birds and music played live by 'impromptu' players, all of them tropical animals such as jaguars, red pandas, tigers...
The whole bar was studied so that its customers didn't have to assemble around a specific serving point, but could scatter all around as if blending with the all-natural forest.
---
CyberDragon wrote:"I'm not sure if..."
"You bet, Reploid!" Pascal interrupted, causing Beta to sigh. "Do I get to beat up any insubordinate recruits?"
"You two are going to get along dangerously well, I can already tell..."
"Ah, I'm not that dangerous. Unless something bites me. Or gets cut on my knife. Or drops me on their toe. Or hits my fist with their face!"
"That last one happens quite a lot, doesn't it." Beta said, grinning in spite of himself.
"Not my fault their faces were so punchable."
Asur was grinning his killer grin. "Whoever made you, Jimbo, he's got all my respect. So you are the guardsfur of Beta?"
The elevator doors slid closed. The cabin went down smooth and quick. "I am curious, Beta, you seemed...nervous around stronger characters. How did you end up with Pascal, if you don't mind me asking?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, I have a publicity shoot with my parents at eleven thirty but that shouldn't take long. Other than that my calendar is empty." Makani answers, flipping shut the diary on his desk.
"Let's get going then. You sure you're okay?"

~~~~~~~~
Kelly giggles politely at the lady's joke. "American it is. There's an American bistro with a breakfast special not two blocks from here. Shall I take you or did you have somewhere specific in mind? My name is Kelly Doyle, by the way, and I am an usher droid, first class, for the Doyle Theatre Group. My colleague is Todd, stage manager for the same."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, of course," Francis said, reciprocating the affectionate gesture with a hint of a purr. "And, later, in your room or mine, I sit guard, listening for alerts whilst YOU get some sleep, yes? Can't have you being groggy during a real emergency," He followed her in. "Oh, very nice," he stated, appreciating the decor.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, I have a publicity shoot with my parents at eleven thirty but that shouldn't take long. Other than that my calendar is empty." Makani answers, flipping shut the diary on his desk.
"Let's get going then. You sure you're okay?"
"I'm cool, thanks. I'll settle for something to drink when my tummy's back to normal. Publicity? What kind of publicity you mean?"
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:Kelly giggles politely at the lady's joke. "American it is. There's an American bistro with a breakfast special not two blocks from here. Shall I take you or did you have somewhere specific in mind? My name is Kelly Doyle, by the way, and I am an usher droid, first class, for the Doyle Theatre Group. My colleague is Todd, stage manager for the same."
"An usher droid. Forgive me for asking, but...how much complicated must be ushering, to build a droid designed for it? I'm really curious."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, of course," Francis said, reciprocating the affectionate gesture with a hint of a purr. "And, later, in your room or mine, I sit guard, listening for alerts whilst YOU get some sleep, yes? Can't have you being groggy during a real emergency," He followed her in. "Oh, very nice," he stated, appreciating the decor.
"It is. All the performers come from evicted circuses or zoos. Management wanted to give them a chance to a decent life. Hmm-mm," Tegan threw a *very* interested glance at a jaguar dancing at the rhytm of two red pandas' bongos. The big male wasn't wearing more than an elaborate leaves gown that left little to imagination.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis walked through, nodding politely to the ladies as he followed Tegan. He made a mental note to remember what the Jaguar was wearing.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis walked through, nodding politely to the ladies as he followed Tegan. He made a mental note to remember what the Jaguar was wearing.
"Is it true that you're trying to make friendship with that other rich cat? Alcor Foster? Looks like a nice guy. I'd love to combine a dinner date with him and his girlfriend Mizar, they are such a lovely couple."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Nah," Pascal said in response to the question as to if he was Beta's guard. "Not officially anyway. Still, someone's got to look out for this overgrown air-freshening teddy bear."

Beta ignored the rat and answered Jemmy's question. "First, I don't have a problem with strong people. I have a problem with strong people grabbing me and trying to shove me into an escape pod, only giving a reason for it the next day. As for how I ended up with the tiny tank, it's a bit of a long story."

"When I was younger, I was working with Tom on one of his projects. I... can't really remember which. Anyway, we were working when Tom left to go get something. While he was gone, I noticed Pascal run into the room out of the corner of my eye. I didn't want anything messing with what we were doing, so I caught him. He was so tiny and defenseless, lost and helpless... Even kind of adorab-OOF!" Pascal had punched Beta in the ribs to shut him up. "Right... anyway, he was very sick, so I helped bring him back to full health. I found out he had escaped one of the other labs in the building, and that they were looking for him. Lab rats don't have pleasant fates, so I helped him escape the lab. Tom took him home and raised him until one day he decided he wanted to venture out and see what was there. Apparently... it was rough. The next time we saw him, he was covered in scars. He didn't seem too upset though, as he also apparently found out he's indestructible."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Asur liked his lips at that. "Ohh, indestructible, eh? And what would you be made of to have gained such a privilege?"
The doors slid open. The group left the cabin and started walking along a corridor in the ship's innards.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Weeeellll.... I don't know if I'd say 'indestructible'..." Pascal started.
"You literally used that exact word when telling us about it..."
"All I know..." Pascal said, ignoring Beta as they followed the droids. "Is that after I turned two, I noticed I started getting really heavy and slow. When I was on my own, a cat caught me. It bit down on my neck and broke it's tooth. I learned then that under my skin was this really shiny armored shell. Since then, I've been bitten by everything from cats to wolves to mountain lions. I've been stepped on, hit with golf clubs, run over by a car, even shot in the face by some rude old lady who didn't like me getting into the food she threw out. Tom says the shell is similar to the shell of an 'abalone' and that it was stronger than most body armor humans had."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:"Weeeellll.... I don't know if I'd say 'indestructible'..." Pascal started.
"You literally used that exact word when telling us about it..."
"All I know..." Pascal said, ignoring Beta as they followed the droids. "Is that after I turned two, I noticed I started getting really heavy and slow. When I was on my own, a cat caught me. It bit down on my neck and broke it's tooth. I learned then that under my skin was this really shiny armored shell. Since then, I've been bitten by everything from cats to wolves to mountain lions. I've been stepped on, hit with golf clubs, run over by a car, even shot in the face by some rude old lady who didn't like me getting into the food she threw out. Tom says the shell is similar to the shell of an 'abalone' and that it was stronger than most body armor humans had."
There were no tourists here. As the group proceeded, there could be heard the droning of many voices from an open door about a hundred feet away.
"I could help you test your limits, Jimbo. So that you learn when and where to stop risking your neck. Who would your pal root for then?" Asur chuckled.
And when the quartet reached the door, it revealed to be the entrance to a small arena.
There were about 50 of the rescueés, sitting around a circle of mats. The smell of fur and tension was overpowering.
And if anyone had doubts about the origins of those dogs and cats, one must only notice that they all were brutish in their bulk, ruffled fur despite the attempts of keeping them cured...and the scars. Not one individual lacked a webbing of exposed flesh. Ears cut or bit, a missing eye...
But all of them had all their fangs and claws. A cop would have asked for a heavy armore before walking in that room.
Ready for the show?" Asur asked Beta and Pascal.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

valerio wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis walked through, nodding politely to the ladies as he followed Tegan. He made a mental note to remember what the Jaguar was wearing.
"Is it true that you're trying to make friendship with that other rich cat? Alcor Foster? Looks like a nice guy. I'd love to combine a dinner date with him and his girlfriend Mizar, they are such a lovely couple."
"Well," Francis started, not quite working out what Tegan had said yet, "He's certainly nice enough and I DO prefer friends to enemies so..." He coughed slightly, having worked it out. "...so there should be no trouble asking him," he finished seamlessly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"For my parents' company." Makani explains, leading the way down the hall.
"They do an interview about how we're living on the ship and how our technology is integrated and helps everything and the media circus takes some photos and videos of us. All rather boring really but it keeps the investors happy and keeps public interest in the company up which keeps us on top of the stock market so the money keeps coming. I'm kinda like a mascot so I don't get interviewed. I just have to sit and listen and pose for the photos. It's tough at the top sometimes." The last sentence is said with a self-aware grin.

~~~~~~~~
"Oh, it's pretty simple, really. But we droids have some advantages that humans and pets lack." Kelly briefly rolls her eyes back a hundred and eighty degrees to reveal her dimly glowing night-vision eyes before switching back to normal vision.
"We have inbuilt night-vision which is invaluable in a dark theatre, we can be programmed to be conversant in any language imaginable, and we can communicate silently with each other via our IntelliCom chips. I am also equipped to print tickets for shows when I am in the streets, and I have a light built into my paw for those who lack night vision capabilities." The droid leads the lady around the corner as she speaks. Down the street a waiter is putting out an A-frame sign advertising the breakfast special Kelly had mentioned.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:There were no tourists here. As the group proceeded, there could be heard the droning of many voices from an open door about a hundred feet away.
"I could help you test your limits, Jimbo. So that you learn when and where to stop risking your neck. Who would your pal root for then?" Asur chuckled.
And when the quartet reached the door, it revealed to be the entrance to a small arena.
There were about 50 of the rescueés, sitting around a circle of mats. The smell of fur and tension was overpowering.
And if anyone had doubts about the origins of those dogs and cats, one must only notice that they all were brutish in their bulk, ruffled fur despite the attempts of keeping them cured...and the scars. Not one individual lacked a webbing of exposed flesh. Ears cut or bit, a missing eye...
But all of them had all their fangs and claws. A cop would have asked for a heavy armore before walking in that room.
Ready for the show?" Asur asked Beta and Pascal.
"Red Abalone shell, when put under bending tests has a flexural tensile strength bouncing around 200 megapascals, or about 29,000 pounds per square inch. Perpendicular compression strength is around 540 megapascals, or a little over 78,320 pounds per square inch. Pascal's shell would handle 6 13,000 pound African Bush Elephants standing on top of him and putting all of their weight on a single square inch. Distributed across his body's surface area of, oh, I'm guessing about 130 square inches, he'd be able to handle a total of 10,181,600 pounds of force, or about a fifth the weight of the Statue of Liberty." Beta said, doing the calculations in his head as he went but even so, having a hard time believing them. "I'd say that is Pascal's theoretical maximum limit."

"Woah... holy **** that's a lot more than I thought it would be..."

Beta looked nervously at the group of recruits, but Pascal, armed with the knowledge of just how absurdly tough his armor is, was completely unfazed by them.

(Yes, I did actually look up how strong abalone shell is, and did all of the math to find out what Pascal's limit would be.)
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Francis started, not quite working out what Tegan had said yet, "He's certainly nice enough and I DO prefer friends to enemies so..." He coughed slightly, having worked it out. "...so there should be no trouble asking him," he finished seamlessly.
Guess so...ah, there they are."
And they were, indeed: one mixed blood young canine, but of muscled complexion, and three cats, all female. And one of them looked like the spit copy of Francis. They were busy with their breakfast and drinks, talking and giggling. Except for the lady dog, they showed no scars. The other two cats were striped, one grey and one russet. The dog had the pattern of a Dalmatian, but with the elongated snout of a wolf, one grey flopped ear vs the other, pointed and black one. Slim tail.
Tegan advanced first. You could see the splendid blue eyes the ginger female feline sported. "I'm sorry...Shayla?"
For a moment, those eyes became wary as she recognized one of security. "Yes..?" and, then, widened as they met her lookalike male. "F-Francis..?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"For my parents' company." Makani explains, leading the way down the hall.
"They do an interview about how we're living on the ship and how our technology is integrated and helps everything and the media circus takes some photos and videos of us. All rather boring really but it keeps the investors happy and keeps public interest in the company up which keeps us on top of the stock market so the money keeps coming. I'm kinda like a mascot so I don't get interviewed. I just have to sit and listen and pose for the photos. It's tough at the top sometimes." The last sentence is said with a self-aware grin.
"I *do* have an idea: you could ask a reporter to follow you to where I cook, so that I can show animals can be chefs as well. And if you can spare me your human, I will make something for him on the run. I can fix quick a good appetizer!"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, it's pretty simple, really. But we droids have some advantages that humans and pets lack." Kelly briefly rolls her eyes back a hundred and eighty degrees to reveal her dimly glowing night-vision eyes before switching back to normal vision.
"We have inbuilt night-vision which is invaluable in a dark theatre, we can be programmed to be conversant in any language imaginable, and we can communicate silently with each other via our IntelliCom chips. I am also equipped to print tickets for shows when I am in the streets, and I have a light built into my paw for those who lack night vision capabilities." The droid leads the lady around the corner as she speaks. Down the street a waiter is putting out an A-frame sign advertising the breakfast special Kelly had mentioned.

"Hit and sunk!" Liz giggled. "Sorry. It's just that among us humans it's difficult to imagine such standards, unless one works at embassies or for very important events only. And often it takes extra staff for those special necessities. You are best than Santa's little helpers." She walked into the diner. "And thank you for saving some time on ordering for me. I don't know if I could speak up while salivating, there are some delicious smells..."
She sat at the table, feasting with her eyes at the food. The first plate of scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausages, pancakes with syrup and apple pie with vanilla scoop disappeared as if she were a dragon on appetizers!
"*burp!* sorry for the show, guys. And what do you do in your free time, being so specialized?"
---
CyberDragon wrote:"Red Abalone shell, when put under bending tests has a flexural tensile strength bouncing around 200 megapascals, or about 29,000 pounds per square inch. Perpendicular compression strength is around 540 megapascals, or a little over 78,320 pounds per square inch. Pascal's shell would handle 6 13,000 pound African Bush Elephants standing on top of him and putting all of their weight on a single square inch. Distributed across his body's surface area of, oh, I'm guessing about 130 square inches, he'd be able to handle a total of 10,181,600 pounds of force, or about a fifth the weight of the Statue of Liberty." Beta said, doing the calculations in his head as he went but even so, having a hard time believing them. "I'd say that is Pascal's theoretical maximum limit."
"Woah... holy **** that's a lot more than I thought it would be..."
Beta looked nervously at the group of recruits, but Pascal, armed with the knowledge of just how absurdly tough his armor is, was completely unfazed by them.

Jemmy was perfectly aware of where this was leading, so he said, "I took the liberty to reserve a session at a VR room for a battlefield simulation."
Asur slapped the genet on the back. "You're the pal, pal. But now...wait here" He walked in large strides toward the mats. The voices quieted.
The saurian biodroid cranked his neck. "Ok, you bunch of losers! You are here because you want to do the right thing for the right people in the right place. And you know what? I don't give a ****. Each of you is well trained, has seen his share of fights, but there is the *one* thing you never learnt, because your captors never wanted you to.
"And that thing, mutts and ladies, is TEAM-fight. Y'all became champions in one-on-one fights, alone you could easily take down a bear. But whoever will be your enemy, they'll fight dirty all the way. And in number. Number is the best way to overload a good fighter.
"So here we are, ya pathetic excuses of dogs, so that you can learn to become a pack again, exactly what your slavers wanted you not to be. And to become a pack..."
Asur drew in a breath, a theatrical move for one who didn't have to breathe, and assumed a standing position, with his arms crossed at his chest. He closed his eyes, and several red spots appeared on his skin.
"First free-for-all. Get at me, touch these spots and you get promoted to the next level. Give it all."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

As Beta and Pascal watched, Pascal managed to sneak away from the tiger. He got a bit closer to the group to get a better look.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Rhat... is certainly me," Francis stated, seemingly a little unsure and looking like the name 'Shayla' had rung a bell somewhere in thee back of his skull. "Do... do you know me?" He peered at her. "It might be the mirror but you do seem...familiar?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:As Beta and Pascal watched, Pascal managed to sneak away from the tiger. He got a bit closer to the group to get a better look.
10 of the 50 dogs stood up.
They got into position. They sneered, they examined their target. They covered all escapes...
And they ran! The dogs were far quicker than your average mutt, they covered in a moment the distance between them and--
*zup!* as if teleported, Asur was now up and close to the ceiling! He was sneering now. "Dirty play, suckers, remember?"
Distracted as they were, the dogs could just let out a yelp of surprise before their circle crashed into each other!
Asur landed graciously behind the inglorious dogpile. "And that was for one. Now, I promise, this time no jumping up. Move, fluffybutts." He assumed that standing stance again.
"Are you working on some project as of now?" Jemmy asked Beta
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Rhat... is certainly me," Francis stated, seemingly a little unsure and looking like the name 'Shayla' had rung a bell somewhere in thee back of his skull. "Do... do you know me?" He peered at her. "It might be the mirror but you do seem...familiar?"
The next thing he knew, he was held in a viselike clutch ad he was lifted off the ground. "You're ALIVE! I could recognize your smell everywhere! You're alive! I thought you were abandoned as well! it's like a dream, I couldn't have imagined you were still alive!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It... oof... seems you do," Francis said, wondering if he should be angry or happy being manhandled like this by someone whose scent titillated his senses with vague memories that he couldn't quite place. "but where..? Is... is there a history I've, um, lost?" He looked a mixture of bewildered and hopeful.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Pascal laughed to himself as the group of fighters crashed into each other. He half wondered if he should try to touch one of those red dots himself and join the "fight".

"I was working on finding alternatives for various life-saving medications like insulin in hopes that affordable alternatives and extra competition will lower the prices and make the medications more available to the people who need them." At that point Beta noticed Pascal. "Of course, then I've got the side job of keeping Pascal out of trouble, and I'm not sure which job is harder..."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It... oof... seems you do," Francis said, wondering if he should be angry or happy being manhandled like this by someone whose scent titillated his senses with vague memories that he couldn't quite place. "but where..? Is... is there a history I've, um, lost?" He looked a mixture of bewildered and hopeful.
Shayla put him down. "It was when we were kittens, when Mom...died. It was then that Dad," her eyes darkened at that word "disowned me. I was Mom's favorite as you were Dad's. And when Mom died, he couldn't stand to see me around as reminder of her. I was left in a cage without even knowing why. I always prayed that you hadn't suffered the same fate..."
---
CyberDragon wrote:Pascal laughed to himself as the group of fighters crashed into each other. He half wondered if he should try to touch one of those red dots himself and join the "fight".
The dogs were growling, now. They were one step away from drawing blood -one thing was to lose a fight, another to be *humiliated* like a pack of noobs!
They attacked again. They covered the distance.
Asur didn't move, eyes still closed.
Teeth flashed. Just a couple of inches from--
Asur opened his eyes! He didn't jump away, as promised. He went down, hands on the mat, and like a whirlwind he rolled, using a leg and the tail to hammer the sheen of the dogs in front of him! And simply rolled away as the momentum carried the unfortunate ones a moment ago in front of him...against the others. Again.
"Lesson numero due," he said, patting his hands. "*never* repeat your attack scheme. If the first time fails, improvise. Surprise is the secret. Ok, third time: let's see if those thick marble blocks you call skulls got the lesson. This time, no jumping up, no jumping down. Should be easy enough even for you."
CyberDragon wrote:"I was working on finding alternatives for various life-saving medications like insulin in hopes that affordable alternatives and extra competition will lower the prices and make the medications more available to the people who need them." At that point Beta noticed Pascal. "Of course, then I've got the side job of keeping Pascal out of trouble, and I'm not sure which job is harder..."
"I thought he was in charge of protecting you," Jemmy said. "So...Have you considered ask for the cooperation of diabetic travelers aboard the ship? There are six known passengers, one pet five humans."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I...I'm sorry," Francis said simply, "but... but I don't know if what you say is, um, true. I'd need to, um, get in contact with Dad... Mr Devon." He looked to Tegan. "May I borrow your hand for a moment," he asked, "I 'improved' my comm this morning." He led Tegan over to a corner and lowered his voice. "Dad's in the Shakespeare Cafe so I can call him but can you call someone else to get here first? Just to check?" He made the call and mentioned Shayla by name before hanging up and handing the comm back to Tegan.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I mean, I'd eat your food, so long as it doesn't have the same effect in me as it did you this morning. But humans are never gonna let animals cook for them. Not unless you're in a fully sealed rubber suit complete with gloves, boots and tail-sheath. Far too much shedding, apparently." Makani opines, stepping out into the street.

~~~~~~~~
"Well, thank you!" Kelly smiles demurely.
"Well, I enjoy socialising mostly. I also enjoy entertaining my owner with various games and other diversions. Unlike most of the droids who work in the theatre I am owned personally by our founder, Johannes Doyle, or JD as we fondly call him."
"I mostly tinker. My programming is much more utilitarian than Kelly's and by pulling apart and rebuilding electronic components I learn to work more efficiently on the electrical and mechanical systems needed to run a show."
"What about you, ma'am?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I...I'm sorry," Francis said simply, "but... but I don't know if what you say is, um, true. I'd need to, um, get in contact with Dad... Mr Devon." He looked to Tegan. "May I borrow your hand for a moment," he asked, "I 'improved' my comm this morning." He led Tegan over to a corner and lowered his voice. "Dad's in the Shakespeare Cafe so I can call him but can you call someone else to get here first? Just to check?" He made the call and mentioned Shayla by name before hanging up and handing the comm back to Tegan.
Tegan didn't dare to risk being heard, but the question in her eyes was unmistakable. So..?
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"I mean, I'd eat your food, so long as it doesn't have the same effect in me as it did you this morning. But humans are never gonna let animals cook for them. Not unless you're in a fully sealed rubber suit complete with gloves, boots and tail-sheath. Far too much shedding, apparently." Makani opines, stepping out into the street.
"Oh but I use them and I'm gonna make a good show of using them!" He stuck out his tongue in a funny expression. "Though I can't wait to be on Meriweather or back home and cook without feeling like inside a glove."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, thank you!" Kelly smiles demurely.
"Well, I enjoy socialising mostly. I also enjoy entertaining my owner with various games and other diversions. Unlike most of the droids who work in the theatre I am owned personally by our founder, Johannes Doyle, or JD as we fondly call him."
"I mostly tinker. My programming is much more utilitarian than Kelly's and by pulling apart and rebuilding electronic components I learn to work more efficiently on the electrical and mechanical systems needed to run a show."
"What about you, ma'am?"
"Well, I've been a vet since...since even before going school. You know those kiddie tales about finding a hurt birdie and nursing it to health before deciding helping all poow animals? That's me. My mother was an actual nurse, and I swear she knew more than some doctors. She taught me all tricks and before I knew it I had a sort of infirmary in the garden shed. We were paid regular visits from all manner of ferals and thus I learnt all of the difference in medication and alimentation according to each species. God knows how I found the time to get my homework done and take care of my unofficial patients..." Liz's expression became sad. "Unfortunately, one day a neighbor decided to call in the authorities and have my 'ambulatory' dismantled. The ferals that were there at that moment were put into cages and relocated. The others, well...they stopped coming. They didn't trust me anyome. And it hurt a lot, more than the loss of the ambulatory.
"But I did not lose my determination. With time, I became a fully qualified veterinarian. I transformed my house into a study and this time no one could tear down the new ferals ambulatory I built.
"I would've stayed there gladly, but then Morgana suffered that accident that sent her into a coma. I was out of my wit, couldn't do my job as I used to do, I..." she looked at her serving with no appetite now. "I felt useless. I could help so many lives but the dearest one to me. So, when I was told about new techniques to be experimented for patients in her condition, aboard this ship, I gave to study to a colleague recommended by Mr. Martin Foster and came here..." It was at that point that she realized that the question was another. In reply to her own...
She started eating again, this time blushing. "Ah, about my hobbies, you were asking, eh? Uhh." She played with her eggs. "Ah, I like to read. Do...relaxing things after a day's work. Now that Morgana is back to a normal health, I like to spend time with her cuddling at me. Yes. Oh, and watching some dreadful brainless action flick: works miracle to recharge the batteries, especially in these days. If JD can come up with a mindless silly show, I'm in. As long as they don't sing."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis grimaced. "He went very quiet," he admitted eventually, breathing a little hard. "Then he said he'd be here very shortly." He looked over to the other 'him'. "It's possible I have a sister," he admitted. "Strange how things go, isn't it?" he showed Tegan a light grin.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis grimaced. "He went very quiet," he admitted eventually, breathing a little hard. "Then he said he'd be here very shortly." He looked over to the other 'him'. "It's possible I have a sister," he admitted. "Strange how things go, isn't it?" he showed Tegan a light grin.
Tegan hugged him in a reassuring embrace. Inside, though, she was fuming. If what Shayla said was true, Tegan should have to keep herself in SOME check or else...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It took Malcolm Devon five minutes to find the Cafe and he looked annoyed when he came in and crossed to Francis. "So," he demanded brusquely, "where is she? This..." He caught sight of her and his eyes widened. His knees went slightly and he put a hand on a chair to balance himself. "...Shayla," he breathed. "This... this isn't possible..."
"How is it possible I have a sister I didn't know about, Dad?"
His owner took a seat.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:It took Malcolm Devon five minutes to find the Cafe and he looked annoyed when he came in and crossed to Francis. "So," he demanded brusquely, "where is she? This..." He caught sight of her and his eyes widened. His knees went slightly and he put a hand on a chair to balance himself. "...Shayla," he breathed. "This... this isn't possible..."
"How is it possible I have a sister I didn't know about, Dad?"
His owner took a seat.
Tegan went to the rescueés, putting a hand on Shayla's shoulder, reassuringly. Hoping the cat wouldn't start a fit of rage -not that she wasn't entitled, but PR would lay bricks...
Shayla looked at the man with the coldest stare. "Hi...Dad. Missed me?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

He looked up, defeated. "Every day, Shayla," he said heavily and Francis decided he needed a seat too. "That was the problem," Malcolm continued, almost able to look the girl in the eye but not quite being able to hold it. "I... I... I couldn't cope at the time, you see? When... when your mother passed it. It destroyed me. I couldn't eat. Couldn't sleep. I..." This time he did manage to look her in the eye for a few seconds before blinking waterily and looking down again. "You were so young but everything... everything about you reminded me of her, Shayla, even.. even down to your name." he sniffed. "She... she gave you that name, you see? She... she adored you but... though no fault of yours you were killing me. No," he sniffed, "that came out wrong... but I couldn't cope, you see? One... one of my business colleagues said... said he could take you and he'd give you a good home and I... I believed him. I'd hoped to... reconnect after but..." He frowned. "when I tried a couple of years later he said there had been an accident?"
"That part I remember," Francis said bitterly. "I always thought how upset you got about the death of someone else's pet showed how much you cared for me. I don't know if I got that right or not right now."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:He looked up, defeated. "Every day, Shayla," he said heavily and Francis decided he needed a seat too. "That was the problem," Malcolm continued, almost able to look the girl in the eye but not quite being able to hold it. "I... I... I couldn't cope at the time, you see? When... when your mother passed it. It destroyed me. I couldn't eat. Couldn't sleep. I..." This time he did manage to look her in the eye for a few seconds before blinking waterily and looking down again. "You were so young but everything... everything about you reminded me of her, Shayla, even.. even down to your name." he sniffed. "She... she gave you that name, you see? She... she adored you but... though no fault of yours you were killing me. No," he sniffed, "that came out wrong... but I couldn't cope, you see? One... one of my business colleagues said... said he could take you and he'd give you a good home and I... I believed him. I'd hoped to... reconnect after but..." He frowned. "when I tried a couple of years later he said there had been an accident?"
"That part I remember," Francis said bitterly. "I always thought how upset you got about the death of someone else's pet showed how much you cared for me. I don't know if I got that right or not right now."
"Instead, there was no 'accident' at all. I was *sold* to some rich friend of yours. I was all pampered to be a show cat -ufortunately, you see, *I* never recovered from losing my family! I kept being...well, let's say 'wild'. And didn't turn out a good toy.
"Then I was sold again, like a thing, this time to some anonymous middle class. As a *Christmas gift* for their children. Oh, but again I didn't find my happiness. I will spare you the details, but in the end running away was my safest option.
"And finally I found my real friends..." her thumb pointed at the two cats and the dog. "Lifetime strays, they had no reason to take me with them, but they did. I am alive thanks to them. And they defended me to the point of being captured by animal control, in Babylon Gardens. But for once, lucky us, we ended up in Mr. Foster's shelter. A real shelter, not some dump for us to die in. And from there we ended up here. Talk about weird coincidences, eh? 'Daddy'?" She wasn't screaming, she wasn't growling, but the edge in her voice was becoming pure steel, molten hatred, and her hackles had started going up...