Reply to topic  [ 3037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 76  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9977
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Right, right, right," Jaken said, trying to sound exasperated and not grin, "I'll be brave. Miss Rika would like that into the planet."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Search," the NotJaken said. "Rescue. Do not engage the enemy and portal them half a mile into the planet," he finished, unaware the real him had also said the last few words.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp ducked under the sweep, bringing himself in slightly closer to the opponent. He jabbed at the shipmaster, more to try and get his attention than to hurt. The more the enemy concentrated on him (and the Wyvern) the less on Liz and Lewis. Hopefully.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<We can send a pair of battleships and a transport ship,>> the face said after checking the lists and a quick consultation. <In exchange for standard salvage rights. Generally it's two of their ships to examine and all the weapons we take.>> He gave half a grin. <<with the Varanians, that's not a bad deal. Tough soldiers but the tech's not the greatest.>>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny looked over the edge of the roof, down at the hole the soldier had made. "That was anti-climactic." She sighed. "I suppose someone needs to go get him. Shall we, Kolt?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle kept up her firing regime on the opposition forces, keeping an eye on how Cavewoman and the others were doing as drones rained down. "Spoilsport brigade inbound," she mock growled into her microphone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Nay, Sarah signed before telling Conall not to leave the room as there was some alert on.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3226
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”I suppose we should.” Kolt said, before picking up Jenny and floating down to the hole. Once he got there, he gave an amused smirk at the dazed form of the Varian. ”You know, as a flier, I don’t find myself jumping much, but I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to take a running start first.”
-
As soon as the fight started, Lewis and Liz put their powers to use, using their lines to jerk the Shipmasters limbs all over the place, pulling his legs to the railings, his chin into his chest, his arms into his face, and his tail to his foot. Once they felt he was sufficiently disoriented, they changed tactics. They used all six of their lines to try and force his face into the floor with as much force as they could muster, hoping to pin him down and stop his movement.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:11 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4099
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
normally, standing like this would be unstable due to the joints being at full extension and balanced for a much lower stance. But when one is using magnetic locks to stand in zero-gravity, things like balance are a little more forgiving. What this does do however, is give him a much longer stride and remove the reach shortening effects of having talya's front legs in the way of his arms and tentacles.

taking a quick step forward, inside the shipmaster's reach, the twins bring two hands and the two lower right tentacles up to try and catch the haft of the axe rather than attempt to dodge or block it's blade. at the same time three more were bring their own mace up overhead ready for a downward strike and six of the eight tentacles were attempting to entangle and constrict both biceps. the last arm swinging underhand to deliver a suckerpunch to the gut.

- - - - - - -

"Alright this is ne-... WOAH." June comments aloud, as she pilots Predator, pausing momentarily from stretching and examining her new host. taking control of and learning a new body seems to come naturally to her, as within minutes she's out and about, stalking and abducting enemy personnel around the base, while a part of her ponders certain curiosities of her situation.

when i spoke, I still sounded like me... but... father's memories said i should sound like whatever i'm currently in...

- - - - - - -

Guss who decided to pick a fight with the biggest brute in the group, again? here's a hint, she's trying to hack his armor off with axes.

_________________
WOOSH THIS!
okay yes, i'm a shameless recolor...


Characters


Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:51 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2433
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Right, right, right," Jaken said, trying to sound exasperated and not grin, "I'll be brave. Miss Rika would like that into the planet."


"Excellent." Hivemind said. "Though you need to work a little on separating your thoughts. Both you and NotJaken said "into the planet"."

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Search," the NotJaken said. "Rescue. Do not engage the enemy and portal them half a mile into the planet," he finished, unaware the real him had also said the last few words.


The two of them climbed aboard the Albatross along with a team of medics when Hivemind had an idea.

(Desk)
A hive droid stepped up to Colorado and a second one stepped up to Denver. "We have need of your services as doctors. I'm sending medical support in Albatross dropships to the planet surface to aid and evacuate civilians. If you are willing to help, please report to Hanger C to catch the next dropship down."

They would have to catch a different ship however, because the Albatross carrying Hivemind and the NotJaken had just launched, and was accelerating toward the planet below.

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<We can send a pair of battleships and a transport ship,>> the face said after checking the lists and a quick consultation. <In exchange for standard salvage rights. Generally it's two of their ships to examine and all the weapons we take.>> He gave half a grin. <<with the Varanians, that's not a bad deal. Tough soldiers but the tech's not the greatest.>>


"Standard salvage rights are fair." Hivemind said. "There are a few details to sort out, but first, how far away would these reinforcements be?"

-------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"Alright this is ne-... WOAH." June comments aloud, as she pilots Predator, pausing momentarily from stretching and examining her new host. taking control of and learning a new body seems to come naturally to her, as within minutes she's out and about, stalking and abducting enemy personnel around the base, while a part of her ponders certain curiosities of her situation.

when i spoke, I still sounded like me... but... father's memories said i should sound like whatever i'm currently in...


>My speakers project audio based on which passenger is placed in control.
>Thus, you will sound like you when speaking through them.


If she looked up past the hundred foot wide crater at the edge of the base caused by the hornet missiles, June would see the burning pods carrying hundreds of thousands of hive droids descending onto a distant city.

-------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
normally, standing like this would be unstable due to the joints being at full extension and balanced for a much lower stance. But when one is using magnetic locks to stand in zero-gravity, things like balance are a little more forgiving. What this does do however, is give him a much longer stride and remove the reach shortening effects of having talya's front legs in the way of his arms and tentacles.

taking a quick step forward, inside the shipmaster's reach, the twins bring two hands and the two lower right tentacles up to try and catch the haft of the axe rather than attempt to dodge or block it's blade. at the same time three more were bring their own mace up overhead ready for a downward strike and six of the eight tentacles were attempting to entangle and constrict both biceps. the last arm swinging underhand to deliver a suckerpunch to the gut.


This was a bad move.

As strong as Kobor and Talya are, the Shipmaster is many times stronger (tier 5 super strength). Had they used all free tentacles to stop the axe, they might have had some degree of success, however with only part of there strength going to stopping the axe, the blade simply kept going, slamming into the twins and knocking them away.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp ducked under the sweep, bringing himself in slightly closer to the opponent. He jabbed at the shipmaster, more to try and get his attention than to hurt. The more the enemy concentrated on him (and the Wyvern) the less on Liz and Lewis. Hopefully.


This does momentarily get the Shipmaster to focus on Corp. He brought his axe up, ready to swing it down on Corp's head...

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as the fight started, Lewis and Liz put their powers to use, using their lines to jerk the Shipmasters limbs all over the place, pulling his legs to the railings, his chin into his chest, his arms into his face, and his tail to his foot. Once they felt he was sufficiently disoriented, they changed tactics. They used all six of their lines to try and force his face into the floor with as much force as they could muster, hoping to pin him down and stop his movement.


The sudden tugging at his limbs does very little to disorient the massive Shipmaster, however it does throw off his aim enough to miss his shot against Corp. When all six lines combined, The Shipmaster was sent to his knees, trying to push himself back up using his axe. He was only stunned for a moment.

In that moment, however, Wyvern swung his mace up and connected with the Shipmaster's Jaw. The Varanian reeled back, having broken free of the telekinetic lines. He spat out a bloody tooth, and looked at all of his opponents, considering them.

He seemed to decide that the best strategy was to take out the support. Ignoring Corp, Wyvern, and the twins, he ran forward to Liz and Lewis. He swung his axe in a rapid series of circular swipes at them, each one leading into the next and adding more strength than the one before.

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle kept up her firing regime on the opposition forces, keeping an eye on how Cavewoman and the others were doing as drones rained down. "Spoilsport brigade inbound," she mock growled into her microphone.


"As the leader of a nation of ten billion people, it's a good day when the worst I'm called is "Spoilsport"." Hivemind replied in their comm devices. "By the way, Special delivery on that last target of yours."

Instead of a missile, a giant thirty foot tall pod landed in the streets where Hannabelle was aiming. The pod burst open, and a familiar mech stepped out, carrying it's iconic heavy minigun with attached arc saw. On it's body, the image of a man carrying a chainsaw dressed in stereotypical logger attire was painted. It was the lumberjack mech, one of the three Warrior class mechs. It moved out onto the street and turned toward an advancing line of Varanian armor. The minigun started to spin before the barrels lit up, sending 90 mm high explosive rounds spraying at the enemy, completely totaling half of the advancing tanks in seconds.

The arrival of such a powerful ally caused a notable shift in moral, with the Celicians cheering and the Varanians on the nearest few blocks starting to retreat.

- - - - -

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I suppose we should.” Kolt said, before picking up Jenny and floating down to the hole. Once he got there, he gave an amused smirk at the dazed form of the Varian. ”You know, as a flier, I don’t find myself jumping much, but I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to take a running start first.”


Noticing them, the Varanian stood up and launched a punch at Kolt with the force of a speeding smart car. What can I say? He's a grunt.

- - - - -

Buster Wrote:
Guess who decided to pick a fight with the biggest brute in the group, again? here's a hint, she's trying to hack his armor off with axes.


The biggest brute in a group of Varanians is typically a field commander. They are known often for their unforgiving natures, violent tempers, and for having the combined strength of a crash of stampeding rhinoceroses. This one in particular doesn't take kindly to Kol trying to cut through his armor. He smacks her away and raises his gun, but becomes distracted by Archangel who appears to be throwing bricks at him.

Recon is sitting on a pile of stunned Varanian soldiers. She figured Kol had this officer handled.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9977
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Corp could see the Shipmasters' aim. He could see who was the target and it scared and angered him. He made to intercept, bringing his swords around without noticing the purple 'flame' they'd suddenly started to manifest. "You're not past me yet, fella," the Mouse growled.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"I'd say don't take all thechallenge, Hive," Hannabelle grumbled, but this is about as fair as they were. Let them suffer."
---------------------------------------------------------------
"June'd never believe this,[/color]" Jaken chuckled, thinking his best friend was missing out. "I'm emergency rescue!"
--------------------------------------------------------------
Unnoticed, even by himself, the NotJaken grew a blue cap on its head, based on a series Jaken had seen on Earth. It had the intials 'I.R' on it...
---------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny stepped to the left, drew her Varanian weapon and fired on the opponents' knees.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"So I hope I ihelped a fe of them," Keeva said.
---------------------------------------------------------------
<<They're.... hmm... on exercise close to the border,>> the official announced. <<Best speed? About twenty minutes.>>

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3226
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt effortlessly caught the Varians fist, forming a little forcefield hand to grab it just two feet away from his face. The grunt may have been strong, but he had faced stronger. ”Impressive.” He said, raising an eyebrow. ”I actually felt that.” He took the soldier outside and tossed him up into the air, letting him fall and hit the concrete below. ”Are you done yet, or do I have to waste more time tossing you around?”
-
Lewis rushed forward, raising his shield to protect Corp. ”Don’t you dare think I’m just support.” He said, before using all three of his lines to slam the remains of the ships door into the Shipmaster with as much force as he could muster.
Liz on the other hand, was using a more stealthy approach. Sending a message to the others to keep him from turning around for a few minutes, she used her lines to quietly position herself under the catwalk, popping her head up a few feet behind the Shipmaster.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:08 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4099
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
momentarily disoriented by the blow being stronger than anticipated, the twins were sent drifting, RCS kicking in after a few seconds and stabilizing them.

>We'll try to avoid attacks from behind for a bit.
>We wonder if he's paying attention above him? without gravity this isn't a 2-Dimensional battlefield...


Talya kicks in the primary booster repositioning above the shipmaster and turning a full-burn downward into a rocket-booster-assisted heel-drop. kobor poised to grab him around the head and neck with every limb in his control if he tries to counter.

- - - - - -

thrown back, kol digs one of her chain axes into the roof to slow herself, before charging forward again, this time trying to take a swipe at the back of one knee with the power axe, while his attention is on Arcangel.

_________________
WOOSH THIS!
okay yes, i'm a shameless recolor...


Characters


Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3910
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Colorado watched Cherry leave as the Hivedroid came up to him, "I am more than willing to help after all you've done for us. Two, maybe three questions. How many do you have, how many do you need, and is there going to be an issue with us not knowing the anatomy of what we're dealing with?"

Denver listened to the Hivedroid explain what he needed before waiting for answers to the questions Colorado had posed.

----

Ulrich played support from the other roof, providing shielding where needed and tripping up a few of the Varanian with his shields.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:05 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13000
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Nay, Sarah signed before telling Conall not to leave the room as there was some alert on.

"Oh? What kind o' alert? What's happenin'?" Conall signs back. He perches on the side of the bed next to Sarah but doesn't lie down, feeling that inappropriate,

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2433
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Colorado watched Cherry leave as the Hivedroid came up to him, "I am more than willing to help after all you've done for us. Two, maybe three questions. How many do you have, how many do you need, and is there going to be an issue with us not knowing the anatomy of what we're dealing with?"

Denver listened to the Hivedroid explain what he needed before waiting for answers to the questions Colorado had posed.


"Not enough, a lot more, and you will mostly be providing first aid for the more minor injuries. I will not ask you to preform intensive surgery on extra terrestrials who's biology you are unfamiliar with." Hivemind replied. "Do you have any more questions? Or would you like to leave now?"

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"June'd never believe this," Jaken chuckled, thinking his best friend was missing out. "I'm emergency rescue!"


"Oh, I think she'll believe it." Hivemind said in response.

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Unnoticed, even by himself, the NotJaken grew a blue cap on its head, based on a series Jaken had seen on Earth. It had the intials 'I.R' on it...


Hivemind looked over at the droid in disguise as the Albatross entered Celica's atmosphere. "Nice hat. Where's that from?"

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"So I hope I ihelped a fe of them," Keeva said.


"You did." Hivemind said. "Thank you." He considered for a moment. "I am willing to let you into the outer section of the ship. I have a sparrow dropship that I need to prepare to send down. It's been modified, so I need someone to run a few tests to make sure the modifications didn't mess anything up. Would you be willing to help with that?"

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<They're.... hmm... on exercise close to the border,>> the official announced. <<Best speed? About twenty minutes.>>


"Good." Hivemind said. "I have a team dealing with the Varanian fleet right now. As soon as there is a hole, I will contact you again. Sending support too early will only result in your ships being destroyed or captured by the Varanian blockade."

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny stepped to the left, drew her Varanian weapon and fired on the opponents' knees.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt effortlessly caught the Varians fist, forming a little forcefield hand to grab it just two feet away from his face. The grunt may have been strong, but he had faced stronger. ”Impressive.” He said, raising an eyebrow. ”I actually felt that.” He took the soldier outside and tossed him up into the air, letting him fall and hit the concrete below. ”Are you done yet, or do I have to waste more time tossing you around?”


Luckily for the Varanian, Kolt had grabbed him and had started tossing him around like a ragdoll before Jenny fired. Unfortunately for him, the shot from the Varanian pistol blasted a hole in the floor, weakening it. When Kolt dropped him, he hit the floor with enough force for it to give way and send him falling to the floor below. He seemed dazed, but got up and limped out of the room he fell into and out of sight.

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I'd say don't take all thechallenge, Hive," Hannabelle grumbled, but this is about as fair as they were. Let them suffer."


"Suffering is what I'm trying to prevent, Hannabelle." Hivemind replied specifically in her communicator. "Sad fact is amber doesn't work on Varanian tanks. They just break out of it." One of the skydiving droids diverted course and landed next to Hannabelle. "I think I owe you an explanation for why I limited you to non-lethal support. First reason is I had just finished developing some new amber warheads for the Ballista missiles. They needed testing. The second reason was more personal. Hannabelle..." Hivemind paused, not sure how to say it. So he decided to just be straight about it. "Hannabelle, your grandson Golten is empowered. Specifically, he is clairvoyant, and he was watching you. Your daughter was afraid what he might see."

--------------------------

Buster Wrote:
thrown back, kol digs one of her chain axes into the roof to slow herself, before charging forward again, this time trying to take a swipe at the back of one knee with the power axe, while his attention is on Arcangel.

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich played support from the other roof, providing shielding where needed and tripping up a few of the Varanian with his shields.


The axe doesn't dig deep, but it does knock the Varanian off balance and send him down on one knee, putting him in a disadvantaged position. He raised his gun to shoot Kol, but the shot hit Ulrich's shield and exploded, sending the officer flying back and sprawled out on the ground.

"Hurry up over there!" Gadgeteer called. "We have other things we have to do!"

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp could see the Shipmasters' aim. He could see who was the target and it scared and angered him. He made to intercept, bringing his swords around without noticing the purple 'flame' they'd suddenly started to manifest. "You're not past me yet, fella," the Mouse growled.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Lewis rushed forward, raising his shield to protect Corp. ”Don’t you dare think I’m just support.” He said, before using all three of his lines to slam the remains of the ships door into the Shipmaster with as much force as he could muster.


The Shipmaster brought his axe around for another swing aimed at Corp, stronger than any of the previous ones. He staggered though more out of surprise, and his aim was thrown off when the door slammed into the side of his head. Having lost his momentum, the shipmaster pried the door from his head and threw it at Lewis before bringing his axe up and swinging it down at Corp.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz on the other hand, was using a more stealthy approach. Sending a message to the others to keep him from turning around for a few minutes, she used her lines to quietly position herself under the catwalk, popping her head up a few feet behind the Shipmaster.


The Wyvern sent a response that he understood Liz's intentions. "Keep him facing forward. Got it."

Buster Wrote:
momentarily disoriented by the blow being stronger than anticipated, the twins were sent drifting, RCS kicking in after a few seconds and stabilizing them.

>We'll try to avoid attacks from behind for a bit.
>We wonder if he's paying attention above him? without gravity this isn't a 2-Dimensional battlefield...


Talya kicks in the primary booster repositioning above the shipmaster and turning a full-burn downward into a rocket-booster-assisted heel-drop. kobor poised to grab him around the head and neck with every limb in his control if he tries to counter.


Wyvern noticed that the Shipmaster was about to hit Kobor and Talya with the overhead swing aimed at Corp, so he quickly spat a wad of fire straight into the Shipmaster's eye. "AARGH!!" The giant varanian shouted out in surprise and pain. His swing was interrupted as he tried to wipe the flaming liquid out of his eyes. "NOW!" Wyvern shouted out to everyone. If there was going to be a chance, this was that chance.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:16 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4099
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
rushing forward, kol scoops up the shotgun and trains it on the commander's head before backing up, just out of reach and roars. Intending to draw the attention of his remaining subordinates to the fact that their leader is down, and she has him, for all intents and purposes, dead to rights.

"Stand. Down." she barks as an order, trying to force a surrender of the squad, the ultimatum implied clear.

- - - - - -

((Uh... that was SUPPOSED to go wrong and make kobor look overconfident... o.0 now what do i do?))

connecting the hit in no small part thanks to wyvern's diversion the shipmaster now has hydraulic rambolts jammed into his shoulders, and an angry armored squid entangling and constricting his upper half.

- - - - - -

I think we should head this way. I just... have a feeling. June comments to Predator, looking towards a different part of the city and getting an ominous feeling...

_________________
WOOSH THIS!
okay yes, i'm a shameless recolor...


Characters


Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:42 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1215
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana stayed by Gadgeteer, if only due to the paranoia that Murphy might kick his law into gear, "I agree with Gadgeteer here on the moving on up. We've got bigger fish to fry here, and there's no doubt we'll have some scuffles along the way." She kept her senses peeled for any enemies as she awaited her teammates to finish with their fights. "Plus I don't like staying too still under the circumstances."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9977
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"She's probably watching on a vid...Where'd that Hat come from" Jaken asked, wondering if anyone near who wasn't him or Hive was confused by that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's... from a show I saw on Earth TeeVees," the NotJaken said, holding the cap in his hands and looking it over. "Thundurburds or something. They rescued people. Quite good but, err, not enough violence." He did his best to look like he'd meant that last bit as he popped the hat back on and hummed the theme tune quietly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp Shifted to one side, barely dodging the downwards axe, and slashed at the hands holding the axe before backing out of arms length and waiting for the next opening.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny looked to Kolt, then at her gun. "I think I need to set my computer to seeing if this has a 'less than devastating' setting." So she set her little computer - normally used to override security locks - to the task as she kept the gun ready.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle took that in. "Fair enough," she eventually said. "Personally I think he'd appreciate seeing the hunting but, frankly, Celican culture is changing. It's hardly the world of my youth any more... Hang on," she added. "I'm down here, frankly being heroic and she DOESN'T want him to see that?" She chuckled, shook her head and returned to 'work' with a bit more venom.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Some sort of trouble outside, hen, Sarah mouthed silently when Conall was looking at her, straining to use clearer English than usual so her mouth movements were more normal for reading. 'E don't want anyone goin' near th' outer part've th' ship and, as we don' know if we're near the outer part, we stay in 'ere, yeah? Don't make me come aft'r youse, she added, signing the last part and grinning at her charge.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
<<We'll wait on your call,>> the figure said before cutting off.
"Longer call probably wasn't in the budget," Sana remarked.
"They budget that sort of thing here," Seena asked, wondering if the Fennekin would mind if she touched her ears.
"The Vassimar do but no-one wants to talk to them anyhow. They like it that way. Oh, yeah, you're from that alternate reality, aren't you?"
"No, I just happen to be in one now."
"You say Potato, I say Tomato..."
----------------------------------------------------------------
"Lead on, MacHive," Keeva said, misquoting Shakespeare.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3226
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Probably.” Kolt said as he watched the Varian limp away, figuring he’d had enough punishment. He turned to Jenny, a relaxed smile on his face. ”So then fearless leader, what should we do now?”
-
As soon as Wyvern shouted now, Liz dashed forward, aiming for one of few spots on the Shipmaster’s head that wasn’t covered by Kobor’s tentacles. As soon as her hand touched his scales, his struggling slowed as he grew tired from being acquired. As soon as the process was finished, Liz started changing, the fur of her son’s body shriveling up as scales grew to take their place. As she grew larger and larger, her suit started struggling to keep up, eventually giving out as bits and pieces started popping off, one of them hitting Kobor. ”Sorry.” She said, her voice growing deeper as her vocal cords changed. Eventually she finished changing, and she leaned forward, grabbing the Varian by the shoulders and whispering in his ear. ”Ready for round 2?”
Lewis, meanwhile, was taking a much more violent approach. He rushed the Shipmaster’s lower left leg, using his Nano-thorn dagger to slice the armor to bits, and cause damage to the flesh underneath.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3910
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Nope, that about sums it up, let's go find a ship." He looked around for a second and, spotting a portal door, headed over to it, "What's the code for the hangar?"

Denver headed over to a nearby portal door and waited for Colorado to find out the code for the hanger. "If you have any emptier dropships, we can probably fill it up. Don't know how many copies we can make, but I'm sure it's more than one."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:56 am
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2433
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
"Nope, that about sums it up, let's go find a ship." He looked around for a second and, spotting a portal door, headed over to it, "What's the code for the hangar?"

Denver headed over to a nearby portal door and waited for Colorado to find out the code for the hanger. "If you have any emptier dropships, we can probably fill it up. Don't know how many copies we can make, but I'm sure it's more than one."


"Here..." Hivemind said. The doors both opened up to the same hanger. "You can't fill up the space in a dropship. However, I would not object to a few more hands to help out." Lights on the floor lit up, leading to the Albatross dropship.

-------------------------

Buster Wrote:
I think we should head this way. I just... have a feeling. June comments to Predator, looking towards a different part of the city and getting an ominous feeling...


>You are the one controlling this body.
>If you have a feeling about that location, then go there.
>Best to go cloaked just in case.


-------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"She's probably watching on a vid...Where'd that Hat come from" Jaken asked, wondering if anyone near who wasn't him or Hive was confused by that.


Hivemind shrugged. "The droid generated it. It must have popped into your head."

-------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"It's... from a show I saw on Earth TeeVees," the NotJaken said, holding the cap in his hands and looking it over. "Thundurburds or something. They rescued people. Quite good but, err, not enough violence." He did his best to look like he'd meant that last bit as he popped the hat back on and hummed the theme tune quietly.


Hivemind laughed. "You know, it's perfectly fine to enjoy more things than just violence. I personally enjoy the Great British Bake Off, and it's about as violent as you would expect a show called the Great British Bake Off to be. If you only look for violence, you'll miss out on a lot of good things."

Fire streaked by the windows as the ship got closer to it's destination.

-------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<We'll wait on your call,>> the figure said before cutting off.
"Longer call probably wasn't in the budget," Sana remarked.
"They budget that sort of thing here," Seena asked, wondering if the Fennekin would mind if she touched her ears.
"The Vassimar do but no-one wants to talk to them anyhow. They like it that way. Oh, yeah, you're from that alternate reality, aren't you?"
"No, I just happen to be in one now."
"You say Potato, I say Tomato..."


"Get me in contact with the acting president again, if you could. I need to let her know about the incoming reinforcements and medical assistance."

-------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Lead on, MacHive," Keeva said, misquoting Shakespeare.


Hivemind opened the door to the same hanger the Albatross was in, except for on the other side. Attached to the nearest dock was a small transport craft, a little bit larger than a helicopter. It was streamlined and had some serious thrusters. It was built for speed and agility in atmosphere or out.

-------------------------

Buster Wrote:
((Uh... that was SUPPOSED to go wrong and make kobor look overconfident... o.0 now what do i do?))

connecting the hit in no small part thanks to wyvern's diversion the shipmaster now has hydraulic rambolts jammed into his shoulders, and an angry armored squid entangling and constricting his upper half.


(It's not often things get messed up from things not getting messed up. :P )
"RAAAARGH!!!" The Shipmaster roared in surprise and frustration before struggling against the twins' grasp.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp Shifted to one side, barely dodging the downwards axe, and slashed at the hands holding the axe before backing out of arms length and waiting for the next opening.


The Psychically enhanced blades did leave slash marks on the Shipmaster's gauntlets, but did not quite penetrate. However, he did drop his axe, but that was mostly because his hands were occupied trying to pry the giant squid off of his face.

Unknown to him, Wyvern had dragged the fifteen foot long axe away from him.

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as Wyvern shouted now, Liz dashed forward, aiming for one of few spots on the Shipmaster’s head that wasn’t covered by Kobor’s tentacles. As soon as her hand touched his scales, his struggling slowed as he grew tired from being acquired. As soon as the process was finished, Liz started changing, the fur of her son’s body shriveling up as scales grew to take their place. As she grew larger and larger, her suit started struggling to keep up, eventually giving out as bits and pieces started popping off, one of them hitting Kobor. ”Sorry.” She said, her voice growing deeper as her vocal cords changed. Eventually she finished changing, and she leaned forward, grabbing the Varian by the shoulders and whispering in his ear. ”Ready for round 2?”
Lewis, meanwhile, was taking a much more violent approach. He rushed the Shipmaster’s lower left leg, using his Nano-thorn dagger to slice the armor to bits, and cause damage to the flesh underneath.


The dagger would do little to the Varanian Shipmaster's armor, and he barely felt being acquired.

The Shipmaster finally managed to tear from the twins' grasp and pry them off of his body. Holding them up, he reared back his right fist and sent it straight into what he assumed was their face, knocking them away.

He turned to confront the new enemy he heard only to find himself facing himself in a dress. At once, his face ran through an array of expressions at once. His face scrunched up, unsure if it should laugh at the absurdity of seeing himself in a dress, cringe in embarrassment, get outraged by his image being stolen, or look on with fascination and thoughtfulness at the demonstration of Liz's powers. Finally, fascination won out as the realization struck him. "You two aren't twins, are you?" He said, looking at Liz and Lewis. "Interesting. Very interesting." He said before continuing the fight. Lacking his axe, The Shipmaster leaped up, aided by the lack of gravity, and launched a brutal clawed kick straight at Liz's throat.

-------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny looked to Kolt, then at her gun. "I think I need to set my computer to seeing if this has a 'less than devastating' setting." So she set her little computer - normally used to override security locks - to the task as she kept the gun ready.


Jenny would find that Varanian guns do not come with a "safe" setting. The settings seem to be "shoot" a hole through or "explode" a hole through a target.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Probably.” Kolt said as he watched the Varian limp away, figuring he’d had enough punishment. He turned to Jenny, a relaxed smile on his face. ”So then fearless leader, what should we do now?”


"Kolt, Jenny, regroup on the roof. We have a president to secure."

- - - - -

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle took that in. "Fair enough," she eventually said. "Personally I think he'd appreciate seeing the hunting but, frankly, Celican culture is changing. It's hardly the world of my youth any more... Hang on," she added. "I'm down here, frankly being heroic and she DOESN'T want him to see that?" She chuckled, shook her head and returned to 'work' with a bit more venom.


"This isn't hunting. It's war. Those aren't animals down there, they're soldiers. It isn't heroism she's afraid he'll take from it. It's the idea that killing is heroic. Did those amber missiles fail you? Did they do less than a standard missile would have? Did they fail to turn the tides in the areas they hit? No? Then don't complain. It makes you look like you thirst for bloodshed or revenge, and those are dangerous things for a Champion to seek out. I've seen what happens to people when they fail to rid themselves of all of that and let it drive their actions. It consumes them, utterly and completely. It feeds on you, festers in your mind and soul, poisoning you until you become a husk of your former self filled only with rage and pain that not even death will alleviate." Hivemind spoke, his voice quiet, deadly serious, and clearly speaking from experience not even the veteran Hannabelle would be able to match.

- - - - -

Buster Wrote:
rushing forward, kol scoops up the shotgun and trains it on the commander's head before backing up, just out of reach and roars. Intending to draw the attention of his remaining subordinates to the fact that their leader is down, and she has him, for all intents and purposes, dead to rights.

"Stand. Down." she barks as an order, trying to force a surrender of the squad, the ultimatum implied clear.


"Most Varanians don't speak English, Kol." Recon said, still sitting on her throne of twitching and stunned Varanian bodies. "They don't carry translators either. Easier to consider an enemy less of a person if they can't talk to you. Gadgeteer, please tell the rest of these guys to stand down." Recon held up a communication device and upped the volume. A series of growls and hissing sounds arranged in complex speech emanated from the device toward the remaining Varanians on the roof. They halted, and complied.

- - - - -

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana stayed by Gadgeteer, if only due to the paranoia that Murphy might kick his law into gear, "I agree with Gadgeteer here on the moving on up. We've got bigger fish to fry here, and there's no doubt we'll have some scuffles along the way." She kept her senses peeled for any enemies as she awaited her teammates to finish with their fights. "Plus I don't like staying too still under the circumstances."


"Right..." The hive droid said after that cheery private speech to Hannabelle. "Everyone regroup around me. We have a president to secure."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3910
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Ah, must be bigger than ours. The ones on the Steelhaven have enough room for maybe a detachment." He followed the lights on the floor, meeting up with Denver on the way there. "Ready to go stick bandaids onto people?"

"Just like the old days," Denver grinned as he stepped inside the dropship.

"With a few more hands, but yeah, pretty much," Colorado stated, bringing his hands together, another clone of him stepping out to his left.

"Are we still sticking with city names of a certain state?" The new Colorado asked.

"It's up to you really."

"I like the theme. Aspen it is," the newest addition said.

The trio strapped themselves into their seats and waited for the ride to begin.

----------

Ulrich dragged two fingers apart, creating a bridge across the two buildings for Jenny and Kol to use to regroup.

----------

MT do you see anything else around us aside from the group that was just taken care of?

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9977
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Heroism is fighting an action when you're expecting to die, Hive," Hannabelle replied tightly. "It's sacrifice for a greater good. Other than that? There's little to glory in war. But people don't appreciate peace anywhere near as much if they haven't experienced the alternative. There are no medals worth fighting for, Hive. But time with my grandcubs? You better believe I appreciate every moment with them." She smirked as she made her way across the roof with the drone. "I like arguing morals with you. I mean to do it a lot. Whilst I'm still useful."
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Looks like the crew is assembling," Jenny said, heading up on Ulrich's shield.
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Absolutely-doobtly," Sana said, enthusiastically flipping switches and hitting buttons. "They're still hitting sats, by the way. Not sure how long the link will last."
"I can help if it goes down," Seena said. "It seems I can link to anyone using a comm. Even if they've not got one."
Sana looked at her as the call signal went out. "Anyone?"
"I think so."
"In the Universe?"
"I don't know if there's a range."
"I'm going to want to run tests with you and a copy of the 'Hot bods' E-Calendar..."
<<...This is the President, Beacon of Hope,>> the Vixens' voice cut in. <<Sitrep?>>
----------------------------------------------------------------
"She's a little sweetie," Keeva said, trotting over to begin her inspection, starting on the thrusters which, she'd noticed, barely seemed to change from universe to universe.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"We need to leave this to th..Liz," Corp confided to Lewis and the Wyvern, sending Analyse his movements for weaknesses over the H.U.D.
---------------------------------------------------
"So," the NotJaken asked, "which building am I popping into?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3226
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt felt a pang of jealousy as Ulrich helped Jenny up to the roof. Carrying her around was his thing. He didn’t let his thoughts show beyond a frown, as he floated up to the roof. ”Where are we picking them up?” He asked, ready to pick up anyone who needed a ride.
-
Liz smirked. ”Nope.” She said before dodging to the side and grabbing the Shipmaster’s leg, using the momentum of his kick to throw him into the ship. She launched her self after him, aiming her fist at the back of his head, hoping to knock him out and end this quickly.
Lewis gave Corp a bit of a look before speaking up. ”Okay. But the first sign of trouble, I’m putting a line between this dagger and one of that guy’s eyes.” He said, fiddling with said dagger as he watched the fight unfold.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:01 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13000
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Some sort of trouble outside, hen, Sarah mouthed silently when Conall was looking at her, straining to use clearer English than usual so her mouth movements were more normal for reading. 'E don't want anyone goin' near th' outer part've th' ship and, as we don' know if we're near the outer part, we stay in 'ere, yeah? Don't make me come aft'r youse, she added, signing the last part and grinning at her charge.

"Och, aye aye, ma'am! We dinnae want another Anglo-Scottish war." Conall grins with a salute.
"We'd hate tae hae tae rub salt in th' wounds by kickin' yer butts agin." he adds, shifting some clothes and dropping into an arm chair in the corner.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4099
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
sent drifting again, kobor grumbled in frustration. he'd never actually had someone able to break his grip before and it was more than a minor blow to his pride.

then again he'd also never been in combat more frequently that one or two assignments a year, so maybe he needed to spar with more than just dummies more often.

after a minute or so, his thoughts stopped being so much of a distraction and he noticed something... off.
Talya, why are we still drifting?
He cracked the propellant tank. do YOU want to see if it can still withstand pressure shifts?
Well-
Right. reckless idiot. Don't answer that. point is RCS is disabled.

- - - - - - -

By the time predator had spoken up, she was already off, remembering to activate the cloak a half dozen blocks ahead. All the while looking around for why this direction seemed to feel important.

- - - - - - -

Satisfied, Kol leans down and with the help of her weapons rips one pauldron off her downed opponent's attire, before walking over to where chris and MT were hovering. "Have anything that can bond metal quickly in there?" she asked holding up the armor piece over the damaged section of her own suit, as an obvious reference to what she intended. normally she'd expect a repair like this to require a metalworks, days, and multiple craftsmen, but chris had already proven exceptionally fast and she'd seen plenty of absurd things here. It was worth asking. "we probably don't have much time."

_________________
WOOSH THIS!
okay yes, i'm a shameless recolor...


Characters


Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3910
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris landed him and MT next to Kol and looked over the piece of armor she'd relieved of her opponent. "Not to your armor until we get back to the Beacon, but I might be able to fix something up here. Give me a second," He looked around, using MT's scanners to find the items he'd need. He found a few sturdy looking wires from a broken flagpole and a few pieces of structural steel that he pulled from a partially broken wall. Using MT's jaws he bit a few holes in the pauldron. He heated up the pieces of steel with MT's thrusters and carefully threaded them through the holes he had made, wrapping them around the wires he had picked up. He held up the finished product after adding a few, more aesthetic pieces to it and after a few adjustments, handed it back to Kol. "Will this do for now? It should fit based on what I remember from your suit."

-------

The doctors all road in audible silence, preferring to get mental communications set up for if they were out of range with each other.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:58 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4099
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Attaching the part as instructed, Kol takes a moment to flex her arm, checking to make sure the improvised fix doesn't limit her movement too much. There's something about all this that reminds her of going on a raid for the first time when she was barely more than a cub... a small smile playing across her face hidden behind the helmet's polarized surface. Satisfied with how the armor part covers up the damaged section of her suit, she offers a quick thank you before continuing back toards the others.

_________________
WOOSH THIS!
okay yes, i'm a shameless recolor...


Characters


Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:32 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2433
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Absolutely-doobtly," Sana said, enthusiastically flipping switches and hitting buttons. "They're still hitting sats, by the way. Not sure how long the link will last."
"I can help if it goes down," Seena said. "It seems I can link to anyone using a comm. Even if they've not got one."
Sana looked at her as the call signal went out. "Anyone?"
"I think so."
"In the Universe?"
"I don't know if there's a range."
"I'm going to want to run tests with you and a copy of the 'Hot bods' E-Calendar..."
<<...This is the President, Beacon of Hope,>> the Vixens' voice cut in. <<Sitrep?>>


Hivemind responded in his most professional tone he could after hearing what Sana said. "Madam President. So far Champion teams have recaptured 75% of captured anti air cannons. The Hive Relay has been set up and I deployed my droids to every besieged city a few minutes ago. The combined forces of The Hive and Celician ground forces has caused the Varanians to retreat from two smaller cities already, and has halted the Varanians' progress in the larger cities, including the capitol. I have contacted and been contacted by groups wishing to aid in the effort, including the IOC, the Canids, even the Lappineans. The Lappineans and Canids are closest, and are waiting for a hole in the Varanian orbital forces, which I should be able to make soon enough. In the meantime, I am rerouting a Champion team to the agreed upon meeting location. They will escort you and anyone with you to either a private Sparrow dropship, which will take you to a cloaked bunker currently being deployed in an undisclosed location on Celica. Be careful, Madam President. I just saw a squad of Varanian special forces enter the meeting location while fleeing from one of my heavy mechs. They seem to have cloaking technology."

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"She's a little sweetie," Keeva said, trotting over to begin her inspection, starting on the thrusters which, she'd noticed, barely seemed to change from universe to universe.


On closer inspection, the Sparrow would slowly reveal itself to not be so sweet. Listening devices were hidden everywhere, visible only to an expert who was digging through everything to find them. The seat belts were modified to allow the ship itself to lock them in no matter how hard the person in the seat tried to unbuckle them. The video screen was less hidden, but only someone who had seen a Sparrow before would know that wasn't supposed to be there. Since Sparrow dropships are a Beacon exclusive ship, few would recognize that as out of the ordinary.

Otherwise, the ship was in good condition and ready to fly.

"We came to this planet for a reason. This Sparrow is one of many plans I have going to catch that reason and bring that reason in for questioning."

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"So," the NotJaken asked, "which building am I popping into?"


The Albatross landed in the middle of an abandoned city park with little room to spare. Heavy hive droids had previously cleared the area. "Here. Let me highlight the building." At that moment, a nearby building turned bright red in the NotJaken's vision. "Advantage of having a robot body. Anyway, that's the closest building we're evacuating, and it's where we're starting. Celican troops have barricaded themselves and about fifty civilians in the basement. Varanians are banging on the door, but haven't been able to get through. Think you can put a portal into the basement and let them out? Actually hold on, I think I can help..."

Hivemind paused for a moment. Suddenly not only was the building marked red, but Jaken could see through it like a cutaway model. However, he wouldn't be able to see the people inside. "I just sent the NotJaken the blueprints for the building. That should help make the portal more precise."

-----------------------------

Buster Wrote:
By the time predator had spoken up, she was already off, remembering to activate the cloak a half dozen blocks ahead. All the while looking around for why this direction seemed to feel important.


>My scanners are not picking up anything in this area.
>Is there a reason you can think of that your powers would send you away from the fighting?


-----------------------------

Deske Wrote:
The doctors all road in audible silence, preferring to get mental communications set up for if they were out of range with each other.


The Albatross landed in an open field on the outskirts of the city. There was already a crowd of people there being escorted by heavy hive droids. The doors opened, and the Celicians started to board.

-----------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Chris landed him and MT next to Kol and looked over the piece of armor she'd relieved of her opponent. "Not to your armor until we get back to the Beacon, but I might be able to fix something up here. Give me a second," He looked around, using MT's scanners to find the items he'd need. He found a few sturdy looking wires from a broken flagpole and a few pieces of structural steel that he pulled from a partially broken wall. Using MT's jaws he bit a few holes in the pauldron. He heated up the pieces of steel with MT's thrusters and carefully threaded them through the holes he had made, wrapping them around the wires he had picked up. He held up the finished product after adding a few, more aesthetic pieces to it and after a few adjustments, handed it back to Kol. "Will this do for now? It should fit based on what I remember from your suit."


"You know, my flame thrower is a bit easier to use as a torch than my plasma thrusters. Just a suggestion for the future." MT said in Chris's head as they flew over to Hivemind.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Heroism is fighting an action when you're expecting to die, Hive," Hannabelle replied tightly. "It's sacrifice for a greater good. Other than that? There's little to glory in war. But people don't appreciate peace anywhere near as much if they haven't experienced the alternative. There are no medals worth fighting for, Hive. But time with my grandcubs? You better believe I appreciate every moment with them." She smirked as she made her way across the roof with the drone. "I like arguing morals with you. I mean to do it a lot. Whilst I'm still useful."
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Looks like the crew is assembling," Jenny said, heading up on Ulrich's shield.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt felt a pang of jealousy as Ulrich helped Jenny up to the roof. Carrying her around was his thing. He didn’t let his thoughts show beyond a frown, as he floated up to the roof. ”Where are we picking them up?” He asked, ready to pick up anyone who needed a ride.

Buster Wrote:
Attaching the part as instructed, Kol takes a moment to flex her arm, checking to make sure the improvised fix doesn't limit her movement too much. There's something about all this that reminds her of going on a raid for the first time when she was barely more than a cub... a small smile playing across her face hidden behind the helmet's polarized surface. Satisfied with how the armor part covers up the damaged section of her suit, she offers a quick thank you before continuing back toards the others.


"The next destination we need to reach is the Central city midwest station." Hivemind announced to the team. "I will set the waypoint on your Heads Up Display. A team of Varanian Special Forces just entered the station. Be especially cautious when we get there. Special Forces teams are in many ways far deadlier than regular Varanian forces, and I noticed they have cloaking technology on their sides. We'll use our flyers to get there quickly. Let's move."

MT flew up into the air carrying Gadgeteer and Recon again, while Archangel soared next to him carrying Traci and Rika, one in each arm.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"We need to leave this to th..Liz," Corp confided to Lewis and the Wyvern, sending Analyse his movements for weaknesses over the H.U.D.


Wyvern responded over the H.U.D. "Unnecessary, but letting Liz take this solo would make the victory undisputed."

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz smirked. ”Nope.” She said before dodging to the side and grabbing the Shipmaster’s leg, using the momentum of his kick to throw him into the ship. She launched her self after him, aiming her fist at the back of his head, hoping to knock him out and end this quickly.
Lewis gave Corp a bit of a look before speaking up. ”Okay. But the first sign of trouble, I’m putting a line between this dagger and one of that guy’s eyes.” He said, fiddling with said dagger as he watched the fight unfold.


The Shipmaster was actually expecting that to happen. It was one of those things you hope would work, but know it won't. Prepared, he caught himself by grabbing the ship's hull, digging his claws into it. He spun out of the way of Liz's punch and used his angular momentum to counter with a left hook to the side of Liz's head.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9977
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
<<We will be ready,>> the voice said, <<and understood. We'll be covered.>>
"Not one word of thanks," Seena said chirpily.
"Big predators," Sana explained. "Apex types. They tend not to be polite."
"Aren't they your people?"
"I like some of them," Sana confided. "but I'm Fennekin. We're a bit different. Live in Deserts for one thing. So there's only about a half million of us these days."
--------------------------------------------------------
"So wired for sound and vision, eh," Keeva questioned, giving the craft a once over, checking the power supplies and drive systems with her tools. "I'd say she's ready to rocket," she said after a few minutes.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Back with us, Kol," Jenny asked of her friend, stepping slightly closer to Kolt for her next lift.
"Did you enjoy your trip, Captain," Hannabelle asked the same person, with no sign of the down tone she'd just been using as she readied for lift-off, keeping her gun ready.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah," Jaken said, before realising the not him hadn't said it.
------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah," the NotJaken said, considering the plans, "I can do it. No, uh, problem."
-----------------------------------------------------
"You ever get it wrong," Jaken asked. "Like talking with Tempest over a birthday plan for Lycan and then realising one of your yous just told him?"
-----------------------------------------------------
There were nae Northumbr'an's in them, Sarah signed, or it'd bin diff'rent." She gave Connal a small grin.
----------------------------------------------------
Corp kept watch, looking for weaknesses. On the HUD, he suggested Liz try to hit the back of the knees and protect hers. They were carrying a lot of weight.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3226
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt picked up Jenny and Kol, flying away as he thought about the cloaked troopers they might be encountering. He didn’t really have anyway of detecting them before they struck, outside of feeling everything with his forcefields, which was impractical, or using the thermal mode Mythos put in his visor, which they likely would’ve accounted for. Still, didn’t hurt to ask. ”I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this, but would thermal vision pick up their cloaked troopers?” He asked Hivemind over the radio.
-
”You know she’s not going to get that right?” Lewis asked Corp as he watched the battle unfold. ”Her comm’s were busted with the rest of her armor during the shift. You’re kinda out of luck for getting secret messages to her.”
Liz, not having as much space as before, wasn’t able to dodge the punch, instead deciding to open her now much larger mouth and chomp down as hard as she could on the fist. ”Uu nol, vith fite ifint vawee fah won uu haf ahl vat ahmoh.” She said, before taking her sword, now more of a dagger, and trying to jab it into his neck.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:45 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4099
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
It's just impressions, not a clear picture. I'm not psychic. june half-answers as they continue. her direction gradually shifting more and more northward turning back towards the government district where the others are as they continue, There's something the others need to know about, something big, and it feels like it's heading towards them.

soon enough signs of battle make it clear that the quiet isn't from a lack of combat in this area, it's from no one being left standing on the defending side.

- - - - - -

You know I don't think any of them noticed we're gone... on either side.
You thinking what I am?
Still got your multitool?

once they hit a wall, Talya latched on and ejected the remaining flight hardware from her superstructure. It wasn't safe to use it anyway. Creeping forward the twins approached as quietly and unobtrusively as they could, not rejoining the fray, instead scooping up a particular part of Wyvern's abandoned gear before ducking out of sight behind some abandoned ship maintenance equipment. There was no point in going for the command ship's comm array if they didn't know how to assemble the relay kit.

> Hive, how quick can you send me a download of the install instructions for this thing. the others are... occupied.
> They can probably hold out, But I prefer a stacked deck over a 'safe' bet.


- - - - - -

Kol meanwhile has an idea of her own. Pulling her helmet off and sniffing the stolen weapon, armor fragment, and the blood on one of her axes to familiarize her self with the typical smells of the enemy. it was hardly perfect, but any early warning they were nearby would be better than none.

_________________
WOOSH THIS!
okay yes, i'm a shameless recolor...


Characters


Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:43 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13000
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
There were nae Northumbr'an's in them, Sarah signed, or it'd bin diff'rent." She gave Connal a small grin.

"Aye, ye'd hae lost e'en quicker!" Conall smothers his laughter to avoid waking Cailean.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9977
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Well one'v us'd 'ave a sort'r walk 'ome, aye! Sarah signed.
------------------------------------------------
"Well," Sana continued as her computer scanned for distress calls, "it's a good number for us, living in the desert. Few cities, few communities, excellent wi-fi due to our affinity for receiving signals," she added, pointing to her ears. "It's almost like... Hang on," she added, peering at the screen. "What the..?" She worked for a few seconds. "Uh, Hive? Summat weird here. Listening for distress calls and we're getting them from all the major cities, yeah?" She tapped a key and the map of the main continent on Celica showed on her screen, then zoomed in towards the west conurbation. "Lakarian city is not only not calling for help, it's offering it to it's neighbouring towns."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:42 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2433
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<We will be ready,>> the voice said, <<and understood. We'll be covered.>>
"Not one word of thanks," Seena said chirpily.
"Big predators," Sana explained. "Apex types. They tend not to be polite."
"Aren't they your people?"
"I like some of them," Sana confided. "but I'm Fennekin. We're a bit different. Live in Deserts for one thing. So there's only about a half million of us these days."
"Well," Sana continued as her computer scanned for distress calls, "it's a good number for us, living in the desert. Few cities, few communities, excellent wi-fi due to our affinity for receiving signals," she added, pointing to her ears. "It's almost like... Hang on," she added, peering at the screen. "What the..?" She worked for a few seconds. "Uh, Hive? Summat weird here. Listening for distress calls and we're getting them from all the major cities, yeah?" She tapped a key and the map of the main continent on Celica showed on her screen, then zoomed in towards the west conurbation. "Lakarian city is not only not calling for help, it's offering it to it's neighbouring towns."


"That is curious..." Hivemind admitted. "Everywhere else it's been a curb-stomp fight in the Varanian's favor. Even when outnumbered, so far that's only slowed their assault. What's so special about Lakarian city?" He thought for a moment. "Are there any satellites we can tap into to get a visual on that city? Any spy or advanced mapping satellites?"

-----------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"So wired for sound and vision, eh," Keeva questioned, giving the craft a once over, checking the power supplies and drive systems with her tools. "I'd say she's ready to rocket," she said after a few minutes.


"Excellent. Now, please back away and step into the nearest dock blast shelter. The Sparrow's acceleration can be a tad bit... aggressive."

-----------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Yeah," Jaken said, before realising the not him hadn't said it.
------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah," the NotJaken said, considering the plans, "I can do it. No, uh, problem."
-----------------------------------------------------
"You ever get it wrong," Jaken asked. "Like talking with Tempest over a birthday plan for Lycan and then realising one of your yous just told him?"


"For the first few months, yeah." Hivemind replied to the real Jaken. "Not anymore though. I have over 30 years of experience doing this now."

- - - - -

"Great. Go for it." Hivemind said to the NotJaken.

-----------------

Buster Wrote:
It's just impressions, not a clear picture. I'm not psychic. june half-answers as they continue. her direction gradually shifting more and more northward turning back towards the government district where the others are as they continue, There's something the others need to know about, something big, and it feels like it's heading towards them.

soon enough signs of battle make it clear that the quiet isn't from a lack of combat in this area, it's from no one being left standing on the defending side.


>It appears the Celicians lost this area of the city.
>This level of destruction does not appear as expected for a Varanian invasion force.
>Claw marks on the upper floors of the surrounding buildings and imprints on the ground are more consistent with a Kaiju attack.
>There are scorch marks on the ground and some of these buildings are still on fire.
>These Celican tanks have been compressed flat by some large blunt object.
>I have noticed blown transformers, and emf readings are unusually high.
>We should continue to look around. This information will prove valuable to our allies.


-----------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Back with us, Kol," Jenny asked of her friend, stepping slightly closer to Kolt for her next lift.
"Did you enjoy your trip, Captain," Hannabelle asked the same person, with no sign of the down tone she'd just been using as she readied for lift-off, keeping her gun ready.

Buster Wrote:
Kol meanwhile has an idea of her own. Pulling her helmet off and sniffing the stolen weapon, armor fragment, and the blood on one of her axes to familiarize her self with the typical smells of the enemy. it was hardly perfect, but any early warning they were nearby would be better than none.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt picked up Jenny and Kol, flying away as he thought about the cloaked troopers they might be encountering. He didn’t really have anyway of detecting them before they struck, outside of feeling everything with his forcefields, which was impractical, or using the thermal mode Mythos put in his visor, which they likely would’ve accounted for. Still, didn’t hurt to ask. ”I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this, but would thermal vision pick up their cloaked troopers?” He asked Hivemind over the radio.


"That's a no, Kolt. Their cloaking will be full spectrum, accounting for visual light and invisible light. The cloaks will not distort during movement either. They will also have taken their scents into account as well, considering they are alpha predators with a keen sense of smell themselves." Hivemind said, bursting pretty much everyone's bubble at once. "Sorry, Kol. It was a good idea."

The group soon landed in front of the Central City Midwest Station. MT dropped Recon and Gadgeteer off while Archangel did the same with Rika and Traci.

"Perhaps Gadgeteer has something that might help?" Hivemind suggested.

"A couple things." the Varanian responded. "None of them will last for too long though. That said, it's a train station. I'm sure we can find something to mark them with inside."

-----------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp kept watch, looking for weaknesses. On the HUD, he suggested Liz try to hit the back of the knees and protect hers. They were carrying a lot of weight.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”You know she’s not going to get that right?” Lewis asked Corp as he watched the battle unfold. ”Her comm’s were busted with the rest of her armor during the shift. You’re kinda out of luck for getting secret messages to her.”
Liz, not having as much space as before, wasn’t able to dodge the punch, instead deciding to open her now much larger mouth and chomp down as hard as she could on the fist. ”Uu nol, vith fite ifint vawee fah won uu haf ahl vat ahmoh.” She said, before taking her sword, now more of a dagger, and trying to jab it into his neck.


The Shipmaster glared at Liz when she caught his hand. He anchored himself to the ground with his magnet boots and before the sword could hit him he started thrashing his left arm around with Liz still attached to it, taking advantage of the lack of gravity and her lack of magnetic boots. "You. Aren't. Supposed. To. Eat. Your. Opponent. During. A honorable. Challenge!" He said, somewhat jokingly but punctuating each word by slamming his fist, Liz attached, into the hull of the Command ship.

Buster Wrote:
You know I don't think any of them noticed we're gone... on either side.
You thinking what I am?
Still got your multitool?

once they hit a wall, Talya latched on and ejected the remaining flight hardware from her superstructure. It wasn't safe to use it anyway. Creeping forward the twins approached as quietly and unobtrusively as they could, not rejoining the fray, instead scooping up a particular part of Wyvern's abandoned gear before ducking out of sight behind some abandoned ship maintenance equipment. There was no point in going for the command ship's comm array if they didn't know how to assemble the relay kit.

> Hive, how quick can you send me a download of the install instructions for this thing. the others are... occupied.
> They can probably hold out, But I prefer a stacked deck over a 'safe' bet.


>I will send them to you. Read them, but do not touch the relay.
>If it is broken or assembled incorrectly, all of this is for nothing.
>Only assemble it yourself if Wyvern is incapacitated.


[files recieved]

"Kobor, Talya, we're going to need the artificial gravity back. Liz is at too much of a disadvantage with it off." Wyvern sent the message.

"Corp, Lewis, we'll have to step in. Take him by surprise. DO NOT THROW THAT KNIFE! IF HE SEES YOU, HE WILL USE LIZ TO INTERCEPT IT!" Wyvern sent to everyone else.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:13 am
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4099
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
> Okay you have a point there. can't risk damaging the original.
Thinking quickly, talya downloads the instructions and does a full scan of the kit before returning it to where it was.

> I'll try, but i wasn't exactly being gentle when i disabled it, it might be damaged.
>I need to get to a terminal with access to the maintenance subsystems. the one from earlier mostly just had docking control. give me a few minutes.

The twins do a quick search for other possible access points, not really wanting to leave the bay without a weapon equipped.
tracking one down in a storage alcove she plugs in and starts trying to get it back online (Gravity will take effect at the end of hive's next post) though her attention is slightly divided...

you're doing more than just repairing the artificial gravity systems... what are you up to?
extrapolating a nanofab blueprint from the instructions hive sent and the scan i took, and looking for any food or tool replicators on the ship i can convert into nanofabricators via software patch. It only takes one copy activating correctly...

_________________
WOOSH THIS!
okay yes, i'm a shameless recolor...


Characters


Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9977
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Looking now," Sana said, letting her paws do the talking as Seena called up the net entry on the city.
"Lakarian City," Seena said, reading from the screen. "Largest city in Howlan Province with a population of 240,000 at last census. Badly hit in the recession of two decades ago and has been rebuilding with economic assistance grants ever since..."
"Aargh," Sana growled. "The local satellites are all on an isolated network somehow!"
"...assistance which has convinced several world scale companies to locate there, including Garrat Chicken Farms, Kavas Trion Hover vehicles, Monta weapontech, Deltatech transport..."
Sana paused. "Did you say Kavas Trion?" Before Seena could respond, Sana was back at work. "That company is paranoid enough that they have an extensive CCTV system around their compounds. It's all stored at a central compound that I should be able to access... Here." After a moment she pulled a captured colour picture up of the transport park outside the Lakarian City compound. A Varanian lay on the floor in the top corner with two individuals in shining red armour standing next to him, pointing somethings that looked like crosses between a energy rifle and a Varanian hand cannon at the prone figure. Other images showed a number of other, similarly attired, figures. "Who the sod are they?"
-------------------------------------------------------------
Corp nodded and moved in behind the ship master, drawing back right hand to strike with the sword to the back of his knee.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"On my way, sir," the NotJaken said, running into the nearby building whilst flexing his fake nostrils to sniff for Varanians on the way.
------------------------------------------------------------
"Hit them with a train if you like," Hannabelle joked, looking around. "A hunter knows the surroundings and what to listen for," she said. "It's gotten quieter in that direction," she added, pointing towards the east. "Fighting's stopped in some areas. That's not good. We need to accelerate things."
"Right ho," Jenny said brightly. trying to ignore Hannabelles' pessimism. "Or I can send a sonic wave down the passageways and those who can scan soundwaves can detect what the waves bounce off?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3910
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The group of doctors stepped out of the dropship as the Celicans made their way in. They spread themselves out, a few of them forming small lines of people with minor injuries, while the others paired up and worked on those with bigger injuries.

-------

Ulrich created another board of light and used it to lift himself and follow the rest of the group.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3226
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Figured as much.” Kolt said as he landed on top of the train station. ”You know what I should do when we get back? Buy a couple tons of paint, store them all in my suit’s hammerspace pocket, and just throw a bucket of it wherever I think there’s a stealth guy. See how invisible they are with blue paint all over them.”
-
Liz quickly let go of the Shipmaster’s hand once he started slamming her into the ship. Shaking away some of the dizziness, she glared at her opponent. It seems his statement upset her somehow. ”Do you even realize how hypocritical what you just said was? You’re in charge of-“
”CAPTAIN, CATCH!!!”
Whatever she was about was interrupted when her son used his powers to throw the Shipmaster’s discarded axe (and himself clinging onto it) at her. She caught the weapon with one hand, shifting to a two handed grip as her son scrambled onto her back, looking for an opportunity to throw one of his daggers. ”Well now, this changes things.” She said, before swinging her new axe at his ribs.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:51 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4099
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
>It appears the Celicians lost this area of the city.
>This level of destruction does not appear as expected for a Varanian invasion force.
>Claw marks on the upper floors of the surrounding buildings and imprints on the ground are more consistent with a Kaiju attack.
>There are scorch marks on the ground and some of these buildings are still on fire.
>These Celican tanks have been compressed flat by some large blunt object.
>I have noticed blown transformers, and emf readings are unusually high.
>We should continue to look around. This information will prove valuable to our allies.


June glanced around, looking for any signs of nearby activity as she slowed her pace a bit and started to pick her way forward. The scale of the damage more than a little intimidating. Following the path of destruction she tried to figure out if there was any objective to where the damage led or if it just seemed to a case of "pick a direction and go" type rampaging, relying heavily on predator's analysis to fill in the gaps.

- - - - - -

"Well then what's the thing masking the smell smell like? because nothing smells like 'nothing'. even the empty place above the land left a scent of metal in the air." Kol states, sounding a little frustrated, inadvertently describing the smells of her suit's own internal air supply, in an attempt to point out the perceived error.

_________________
WOOSH THIS!
okay yes, i'm a shameless recolor...


Characters


Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:44 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2433
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Buster Wrote:
June glanced around, looking for any signs of nearby activity as she slowed her pace a bit and started to pick her way forward. The scale of the damage more than a little intimidating. Following the path of destruction she tried to figure out if there was any objective to where the damage led or if it just seemed to a case of "pick a direction and go" type rampaging, relying heavily on predator's analysis to fill in the gaps.


The Predator drone continued it's analysis as they moved onward.

>That building up ahead appears to have been cut in half.
>Scorch marks along the cut indicate it was done with concentrated intense heat not unlike what a laser or plasma cutter uses.


The two continued onward following the footsteps in the ground, and Predator turned it's attention down a perpendicular street. Absolutely everything from infantry to armor, both Celician and Varanian, was completely encased in or impaled upon sharp icy spikes that splashed from a central point with all but the largest spike facing away from June and the droid. The building walls were completely frozen over in a thick layer of ice and frost still hung in the air.

>This is...
>Alarming.
>There is nothing I can say about this that you cannot see for yourself.
>I am afraid I have no explanation for this.


The footprints, as well as the destruction, stopped abruptly. They were at the end of the trail, but there was no sign of whatever they had been tracking. The predator turned it's attention upward toward one of the taller structures around them, noting that a Celician tank was somehow embedded in the wall on the fifteenth floor.

>I detect signs of life from that vehicle.
>Fly up and download any survivors.
>They could provide more information.


--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Looking now," Sana said, letting her paws do the talking as Seena called up the net entry on the city.
"Lakarian City," Seena said, reading from the screen. "Largest city in Howlan Province with a population of 240,000 at last census. Badly hit in the recession of two decades ago and has been rebuilding with economic assistance grants ever since..."
"Aargh," Sana growled. "The local satellites are all on an isolated network somehow!"
"...assistance which has convinced several world scale companies to locate there, including Garrat Chicken Farms, Kavas Trion Hover vehicles, Monta weapontech, Deltatech transport..."
Sana paused. "Did you say Kavas Trion?" Before Seena could respond, Sana was back at work. "That company is paranoid enough that they have an extensive CCTV system around their compounds. It's all stored at a central compound that I should be able to access... Here." After a moment she pulled a captured colour picture up of the transport park outside the Lakarian City compound. A Varanian lay on the floor in the top corner with two individuals in shining red armour standing next to him, pointing somethings that looked like crosses between a energy rifle and a Varanian hand cannon at the prone figure. Other images showed a number of other, similarly attired, figures. "Who the sod are they?"


"I believe they are Monta Weapontech." Hivemind said. "Very curious... everything considered..."

Hivemind did a double take on one of the camera angles as he glimpsed a Monta Weapontech soldier suddenly lifting into the air and hovered there, before being hurled away like a ragdoll by an unseen force. His partner turned to something and fired. Judging by the angle he was holding his gun, whatever he was firing at was either big, airborne, or both. A great shadow stretched over the second soldier who was trying to run away while firing.

An eruption of fire from above engulfed the soldier. There was a flash of light, and then static.

"Request or not, they're getting help. I'm sending in the Steeles."

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"On my way, sir," the NotJaken said, running into the nearby building whilst flexing his fake nostrils to sniff for Varanians on the way.


Hivemind escorted the NotJaken to the building using the aid of five heavy hive droids. They plowed their way through enemy lines, protecting the NotJaken with their shielded bodies until they were in the building and knocking on the basement door.

"This is Hivemind of the Beacon of Hope. We are here to escort civilians to safety."

--------------------------

Deske Wrote:
The group of doctors stepped out of the dropship as the Celicans made their way in. They spread themselves out, a few of them forming small lines of people with minor injuries, while the others paired up and worked on those with bigger injuries.


One Celican they were helping with a gash to the arm seemed to be curious about the doctors. "Are you all brothers?" She asked as Colorado treated her arm.

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Hit them with a train if you like," Hannabelle joked, looking around. "A hunter knows the surroundings and what to listen for," she said. "It's gotten quieter in that direction," she added, pointing towards the east. "Fighting's stopped in some areas. That's not good. We need to accelerate things."
"Right ho," Jenny said brightly. trying to ignore Hannabelles' pessimism. "Or I can send a sonic wave down the passageways and those who can scan soundwaves can detect what the waves bounce off?"


"That'll work." Gadgeteer said. "Everyone get your helmets on. I'm going to try something." He pulled out his data pad as they walked and started doing something clever on it.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Figured as much.” Kolt said as he landed on top of the train station. ”You know what I should do when we get back? Buy a couple tons of paint, store them all in my suit’s hammerspace pocket, and just throw a bucket of it wherever I think there’s a stealth guy. See how invisible they are with blue paint all over them.”


"I have paint rounds built for training. I did not anticipate needing them, so I did not bring them." MT said as he squeezed through the largest door the station had.

Buster Wrote:
"Well then what's the thing masking the smell smell like? because nothing smells like 'nothing'. even the empty place above the land left a scent of metal in the air." Kol states, sounding a little frustrated, inadvertently describing the smells of her suit's own internal air supply, in an attempt to point out the perceived error.


"I suspect then that they will smell like nothing. There will be plenty of smells in the station. The smells might be weaker in whatever direction they are in. I don't know, most of my bodies don't smell like normal people do."

"Done." Gadgeteer stated as they walked into the building. Anything your sonic waves hit should shimmer in your Heads Up Display.

--------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz quickly let go of the Shipmaster’s hand once he started slamming her into the ship. Shaking away some of the dizziness, she glared at her opponent. It seems his statement upset her somehow. ”Do you even realize how hypocritical what you just said was? You’re in charge of-“
”CAPTAIN, CATCH!!!”
Whatever she was about was interrupted when her son used his powers to throw the Shipmaster’s discarded axe (and himself clinging onto it) at her. She caught the weapon with one hand, shifting to a two handed grip as her son scrambled onto her back, looking for an opportunity to throw one of his daggers. ”Well now, this changes things.” She said, before swinging her new axe at his ribs.


"No. Go ahead!" The Shipmaster said, stepping just out of range of the swing. "Finish that sentence! I want to hear exactly what you think I was hypocritical about! Have I not fought fairly in this fight? Have I not... NRRGH!"

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp nodded and moved in behind the ship master, drawing back right hand to strike with the sword to the back of his knee.


The sword managed to cut through the weaker armor there and draw some blood, but Corp simply wasn't strong enough to fully drive the sword in with enough force to disable the Shipmaster. The giant Varanian responded by aiming a strong kick at Corp's face.

Buster Wrote:
> Okay you have a point there. can't risk damaging the original.
Thinking quickly, talya downloads the instructions and does a full scan of the kit before returning it to where it was.

> I'll try, but i wasn't exactly being gentle when i disabled it, it might be damaged.
>I need to get to a terminal with access to the maintenance subsystems. the one from earlier mostly just had docking control. give me a few minutes.

The twins do a quick search for other possible access points, not really wanting to leave the bay without a weapon equipped.
tracking one down in a storage alcove she plugs in and starts trying to get it back online (Gravity will take effect at the end of hive's next post) though her attention is slightly divided...

you're doing more than just repairing the artificial gravity systems... what are you up to?
extrapolating a nanofab blueprint from the instructions hive sent and the scan i took, and looking for any food or tool replicators on the ship i can convert into nanofabricators via software patch. It only takes one copy activating correctly...


The twins would find there were several tool replicators and nanoforges on the ship, as well as nanofabricators in the repair drones located all over the docks.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Last edited by CyberDragon on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3226
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt gave an appreciatory nod before dropping down into the staton proper. ”I’m going to stick by Jenny then. If they figure out what we’ve done, she’ll be their first target.” He said, putting up a forcefield around the two of them.
-
Liz landed on a catwalk with a thud, smirking as the gravity turned back on. ”No, in this fight specifically, you have surprisingly acted with honor.” She said, before aiming a swing at the leg he was trying to kick Corp with. ”The problem is with literally everything else I’ve heard about your empire. Now, I’ll admit, I just arrived in this dimension yesterday, so I don’t know every single detail about how your regime works.” Another swing, this one aimed at his right arm. ”But I’ve read the Beacon’s files and I’ve had Hivemind explain somethings. And if all of that is true, than your people really don’t know what honor means.” She tried kneeing him in the crotch before swinging her axe at his head. ”Because honor isn’t just following a set of rules. It’s about honesty, fairness, and integrity.” Another swing, this one at his shoulder. ”If your government was honest, they’d admit that nothing changed after the Dragon Knight saved your world. They’d drop this whole pretense of “rouge fleets,” and admit that all their talk about respecting strength only applies to them.” A swing at his arms. ”If you were fair, than your invasions would follow similar rules to the fight we’re currently having. You’d contact the planet ahead of time, let them know the rules of engagement, and give them the tools and time they need to prepare themselves.” A swing at his neck. ”And if you had the slightest bit of integrity, you wouldn’t even HAVE this practice of enslaving people in the first place, and you certainly wouldn’t arbitrarily decide that some people don’t get to be people due to circumstances outside of their control. As an old friend would say, face it you knob end. You and your whole empire are the exact opposite of honorable!”
That was when Lewis would make his move. Once the Shipmaster was angry and distracted by Liz’ insults, he made a line between his eye and one of Lewis’ daggers. Even if he tried dodging out of the way, the dagger would just course correct and hit it anyways.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Last edited by Legotron123 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9977
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Encumbered by his boots, Corp wasn't quite fast enough to avoid the kick entirely and took something of a glancing blow to his side before doing his best to grasp the foot and push it up to unsteady the Shipmaster. "No <uff> insult was intended, I hope," he grunted as he moved and before Liz made her comment. "Although I might have been wrong."
--------------------------------------------------
The NotJaken decided on discretion being the better part of sensible and stepped aside as he opened a portal into the room. After a few seconds of nobody trying to kill him he poked his fake head through the hole. "Anyone need a quick exit," he asked.
-------------------------------------------------
Jenny led the way in carefully, her captured blaster by her side and her hands ready. She brought her hands together carefully to produce a low sound that reverberated down the passageway.
------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle readied her knife. The gun wouldn't be much use down here.
-----------------------------------------------
Sana ran the image of the gun through her systems and it came up with a match in a few moments. "The showed this at a weapons' fair a few months ago," she said, reading it off the screen. "It was a prototype they wanted to sell to the Celican Military, apparently. It says the military turned them down on the expense of the gun and the fact the number of peoples that couldn't be stopped by the guns the military already have were too few to justify the replacement on a general scale.
Their words, not mine.
"
"Prototype must mean something different here," Seena said. "There are an awful lot of 'prototypes' on show... And what is killing them," she added as a soldier half landed in front of them. With the other half landing several feet away. She took her commlink from her pocket and spoke into it. "Seena to Colorado," she said, just in case, "Be careful, my love,"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:37 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13000
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Well one'v us'd 'ave a sort'r walk 'ome, aye! Sarah signed.

"Aye, tha's fer sure." Conall signs, settling back in the chair. "So 'as 'e put yer arm tae sleep yet?"

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4099
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Nodding, despite the fact that it's redundant when answering a voice in your own head, June headed up, carefully cutting into the side of the vehicle and sticking her face in so she could scan he trio of unconscious forms inside.

Mind if i pass control back to you, i want to talk to them, see if i can find out what happened. she asked, once the trio were safely loaded. the virtual environment for them being constructed to resemble a hospital ward so as to be less of a shock when they woke up. (cause where else would a front line casualty expect to wake up?)

- - - - - - -

>Gravity's back!
Well that's promising... I'm surprised you haven't sent the packet yet though.
Creating 2381 permutations of the instruction set, without corrupting any of the schematics, so they have to be disabled individually rather than someone just sending a master shutdown command takes time!
We're more than close enough to stay connected though, you can get back on there if you want. If you can either take him down, or buy me five minutes, i can start production. then they'll be the ones racing against time.


Gladly.


Ejecting, It takes Kobor a bit to get back over, not being the most mobile thing out of the water, but soon enough the ship master will find over a dozen tentacles wrapped around his legs and constricting. and this time they're covered in suckers that don't want to let go, not smooth metal since the armor isn't in the way.
"Miss Me?"

- - - - - - -

intent on not limiting her senses, Kol pulls the muzzlepiece off her helmet before putting the rest of it back on. clipping that part to one of the magnet plates on her belt, not realizing that despite how modular the armor is, that piece isn't supposed to come off and she just severed her translator from it's power supply.

She falls into step beside Kolt as the team heads in. Weapons at the ready, save for one axe since she has the offcer's commandeered rifle in that hand, the barrel sitting atop her shoulder causing her to give off a bit of a Predator vibe.

_________________
WOOSH THIS!
okay yes, i'm a shameless recolor...


Characters


Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:21 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 76  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CyberDragon and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.