Reply to topic  [ 3058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 77  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3915
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
One of the doctors crossed his arms across his chest at the mention of Kolt's power needing to think, "The fact that you have to trick your power makes it sound like it has a mind of its own which is odd to say the least."

Another one of the doctors gave him an incredulous look, "Collins you are literally the result of a power that has a mind of its own are you serious..."

"I'm just saying, in this case-"

"-Shut up and get in the group."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:30 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1218
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana was torn at being informed by the screaming. Wanting to help, but smultanously highly suspicious of it. "While I definitely think we need to help as many as we can, anything inside the nuclear death hole that our main threat was blasted is highly suspect. Heck, there's a part of me saying 'take no chances' and wanting to nuke it again until the only sounds in that hole is just rocks, but I at least want some contingency in case is something, or someone, signifying our doom... To surmise, I don't like any of this one bit." Tatiana then found herself doubly torn, as, while she wanted to help others evacuate or escape, she couldn't help the paranoia that kept her staring at the crater, prepared in case the Warlord rose again. After all, someone would have to distract him if he came back at an inopportune moment.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:36 am
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2450
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"At this stage," Dragere commented sadly, "I'm pretty sure I believe you. This is... It's going to take a lot of rebuilding. Which teams did you have down there, anyway? I... have a niece who's a fan of Tempest."


"All of them, save for a few recruits who participated in the orbital battle. See that gigantic hurricane brewing a few hundred miles west of where I launched the attack? That's Tempest's doing. The whole Steele family is in that area, clearing out the remaining Varanian fighters. Buckler and Kite are in a different city evacuating the population. Angel team is with the best recruits we have, and they're at ground zero checking the Warlord's status. Titan landed off-course about one hundred miles southwest of the rest of team Angel and I have yet to locate them. We have other teams down there as well. Who's your niece and where does she live?" Hivemind asked. "I can tell you if she has been evacuated yet, and if not, I can find and evacuate her quickly."

--------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Absolutely-positively-definitely," Sana said quickly, already flipping switches. "Nobody can get the job done faster than me! Speak, Lady Radiohead," she added, half bowing in her seat as she gestured to Seena's microphone. "Lead ship's the C.V.C Kratar.
"C.V.C. Kratar," Seena said, popping the headphone on before talking, "this is Beacon of Hope Actual, come in."
She flicked the comm to speakers and let Hive take over.


"C.V.C. Kratar, this is Hivemind of the Beacon of Hope. Do not fire on any Varanian ships. They are all under my control and rendered non-hostile. The ships that launched the orbital strike were targeting the Varanian Warlord." Hivemind said into the comm device.

--------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"In other words they've been trodden on for so long that they like it and heaven's a bootprint with God being the descending boot." Corp mentioned bitterly. "I knew a lot of soldiers like that."


"In other words..." Hivemind started. "The only thing their species naturally has going for it is their strength. They aren't as intelligent or mentally developed as other species as a general rule. Gadgeteer is probably the smartest Varanian alive. Throughout their history they have always relied on being the biggest, strongest things around, and they kept themselves strong throughout that history by having an intense dedication to physical strength."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Well then, ideally pulling a “Plato’s Cave” on them and showing them there’s more to life than just shadows dancing on the wall might fix that. Of course, things are never that simple, but I’d like to at least try to do it with this one. Show him what he’s missing out on.” Liz said, as Hivemind set up the equipment. ”As for convincing him...” She smirked and held up her hand, Varanian scales starting to grow on it before dissipating. ”At the very least, size won’t be an issue.”


"You really aren't listening, are you. And do you really want to turn into a Varanian after what happened last time?" Hivemind said. "Well, anyway, step into the machine and shapeshift into anything you can. I'll scan your cells while you do."

--------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle cracked a smile inside the armour. "Hive," she said, "I think I respect you more having... said that. It's... the anger at... things out of your control really... reminds you're a person, not a... machine." The old Hunter stayed where she was, not too far from an evacuation ship. "Probably wouldn't... get there before the... fight's done anyway."


"Thank you, Hannabelle. Now get to the evacuation Sparrow. Maybe you can ask one of the Vanderbilt clones to treat your broken rib."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”It’s fine. The moment I figured out how to easily carry multiple people, I immediately became a glorified ferry for whatever team I was on. At least it means I’m being useful.” Kolt said, loading the Varanian and Celican soldiers onto different ships as he spoke. Once that was done, he turned to look at the medics and Hannabelle. ”Alright everyone, group up on me! It’s easier to lift all of you if my power thinks you’re one big mass.”

Deske Wrote:
One of the doctors crossed his arms across his chest at the mention of Kolt's power needing to think, "The fact that you have to trick your power makes it sound like it has a mind of its own which is odd to say the least."

Another one of the doctors gave him an incredulous look, "Collins you are literally the result of a power that has a mind of its own are you serious..."

"I'm just saying, in this case-"

"-Shut up and get in the group."


Once everyone was on board the Sparrows, they took off from the ground and rocketed towards their destination. Inside of the Sparrows, however, the acceleration is barely felt.

Back at the landing zone, Hivemind addressed Kolt. "Right. That's everyone. I'm going to let Jaken's telepresence droid stick around for a bit. You can get back to the crater."

--------------

Buster Wrote:
Kol gives a noncommittal grunt as she pushes herself up, the front half of her armor a crumpled mess.


"You'll be alright, Kol." Hivemind said reassuringly. "We can just get Chris to..."

Deske Wrote:
Chris weighed the implications of a screaming older female against his common sense and, much to his displeasure, decided that the best idea would be to check it out since, "Heroes don't leave anyone behind." Relaying his intentions to both Hive and the dragon mech, he gave a reluctant groan but pressed MT forward into the pit, "Once more unto the breach, dear friend..."
------
"No thermal concerns on my end," Ulrich replied to Hiveminds warning.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana was torn at being informed by the screaming. Wanting to help, but smultanously highly suspicious of it. "While I definitely think we need to help as many as we can, anything inside the nuclear death hole that our main threat was blasted is highly suspect. Heck, there's a part of me saying 'take no chances' and wanting to nuke it again until the only sounds in that hole is just rocks, but I at least want some contingency in case is something, or someone, signifying our doom... To surmise, I don't like any of this one bit." Tatiana then found herself doubly torn, as, while she wanted to help others evacuate or escape, she couldn't help the paranoia that kept her staring at the crater, prepared in case the Warlord rose again. After all, someone would have to distract him if he came back at an inopportune moment.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny headed towards the crater. "I am now running towards a nuclear blast site," she said over comms. "I'm beginning to be concerned about my sanity. You got a scanner you can chuck down there," she asked before hearing Chris. "...or a guy in a very large mech?"


"Huh? Wait!"

Deske Wrote:
Chris weighed the implications of a screaming older female against his common sense and, much to his displeasure, decided that the best idea would be to check it out since, "Heroes don't leave anyone behind." Relaying his intentions to both Hive and the dragon mech, he gave a reluctant groan but pressed MT forward into the pit, "Once more unto the breach, dear friend..."


"Don't go down there! Don't you remember? That screaming is the Warlord's orb!" Hivemind tried to warn the pair.

It was too late, however. MT found himself frozen in place, held still by a force he could not see as the screaming, the pained shouting, and the cries for help got louder and louder until in the darkness MT could just make out a massive, monstrous form.

The Warlord rose out of the shadows, suspended in midair by the same force he was using to restrain the draconic mech. All of the Warlord's armor had been blown completely off, leaving him with nothing but scorched flesh, and the orb embedded in his abdomen. His left arm was reduced to a burned stump, his tail had been vaporized, but with all of that he maintained a psychotic grin on his face as he flew toward MT.

The Warlord grabbed MT by the neck. The Lumberjack mech fired at him, but the Warlord flew out of the way before slamming MT into the Lumberjack, knocking the giant hive droid to the ground. The Warlord then grabbed MT by the head, pinning the mech's body under his foot, and tore it clean off, tossing MT to one side and the head to the other. The screaming switched tone when the Warlord landed, becoming deeper and more masculine. The Varanian walked over to the Lumberjack with an arrogant gait. As he walked, his skin started to heal. His scales grew back, covering over the exposed burns and wounds. They weren't the only things to grow back, as an arm sprouted from the burned stump and his tail regrew from nothing.

The healing seemed to bring with it traits the Warlord didn't have before. Bristly strands of stiff fur stuck out between some of his scales. His teeth grew even larger and sharper than ever and his stomach retracted inward as if he had not eaten in days.

The Warlord stood over the downed Lumberjack. "Was that the best you could do?" The Warlord sneered before reaching down, lifting the Lumberjack mech over his head, and tearing it in half as if it were made of cardboard.

- - - - -

Chris... MT spoke in Chris's head through the helmet. I cannot say this situation is ideal. Luckily I do not keep my brain in my head. Unfortunately I do keep my eyes in our head. I need you to repair me, or we will be fighting blind.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:31 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4139
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Huffing angrily, kol tears the busted chest piece off exposing the armor's thermal layer, before marching over to a bit of discarded gear confiscated from the half-digested varanian, and forcing the two pieces to hook together using ruined cabling riped from the wreck that currently served as their frontline base as improvised straps and buckles. the result is... actually not much of an improvement structurally, but atleast Kol is happy.

Also she appears to be looking for a weapon, hers missing...

Talya had managed to get the anchor and capacitor bank set up by the time things hit the fan, still in the middle of combining the barrel coils and pivot into the upper half, let alone attach the two halves.

switching her connection from the private chat with hive mind to broadcasting to all IFF-Matching devices, she sent

>I still need another minute or two to get this thing running. keep him busy.

_________________
'Lard of The Rings' is probably the most entertaining typo I've ever read.

Characters


Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9994
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
<<Understood, Beacon actual,>> the Kratar replied, <<Standing by for instructions.>>
----------------------------------
"Ah, she should be OK," Dragere admitted, possibly more in hope. "She's in Falacka, a village some thirty miles out of... Lakarian City... Her name's Chessina Dowle."
---------------------------------
Even Hannabelle would have had to admit she was a bit out of puff by the time she got to Kolt for the lift. If he'd asked. As it was she kept her dignity and visibly kept herself prepared for combat in case of attack. The Doctor convention could look at her in the ship. In private. She got in and sat down to remove the helmet. "You," she said, pointing to one of the Six. "If you're one... of the clones he was... talking of... or six of 'em, you're... the guy to check my ribs out." She visibly flinched as she opened up the chest piece for one to get to work.
--------------------------------
Corp sighed. "A civilisation that runs on might being right," he said. "Seems Earth was luckier than it thought, having the legend of Arthur," he reminded Liz. "There's no 'quick fixes' on this one, Captain.
Might as well approach it slowly. Work on one or two across the period of years. Show them friendship also has strength.
" He looked to Hivemind. "I'm really hating this empathy, by the way. Makes me talk too much."
--------------------------------
"Yeah," Jenny said, drawing close to Kol as the warlords' body rose, "that really isn't a good sound. You OK, Kol," she asked as she tried to have her wrist computer scan the gem in the Warlord and her brain worked out what she was seeing. "Ready to face a gigantic... naked... Varanian warlord? Oh, I'm gonna need therapy later..."
--------------------------------
"What... What was that," the NotJaken asked after the scream, "and what's the plan, Boss Mind?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Well, I say trick, but it’s really more manipulating my limitations. You see, to use the example we did in testing, my power finds it easier to lift one ten pound metal block than to lift ten one pound metal blocks, so if-OH COME ON!!!!“ Whatever Kolt was cut off when he noticed the Warlord up and moving again. ”HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE!?!?! WE BLASTED YOU FROM ORBIT FOR A SOLID FIVE MINUTES!!!! YOU SHOULDN’T EVEN HAVE A SINGLE CELL TO REGENERATE FROM!!!!”
-
”It’s not that I think there’s a quick fix, it’s just....” Liz trailed off, trying to think of a way to explain her thought process for this. ”I’m trying to remain optimistic. Because if I don’t, then I start think about everything that’s wrong with this whole situation. Like how we’re stuck in an alternate dimension with no way to get home, every surviving member of my crew is broke so we’re forced to rely on a stranger for food and a place to sleep, many of us have strange powers we know practically nothing about, my power in particular could cause death of personality if I use it too much, and there’s all powerful eldritch gods running with the power to render an entire galaxy uninhabitable on a whim. I am so far out of my depth right now that if I don’t keep an at least slightly optimistic view of my situation, I am not confident in my ability to handle all of this.” If Corp payed close attention, he might notice a brief flash of panic that quickly got stomped out as Liz stepped into the chamber again. ”As for the Varanian morph, to be frank, no, but it’s strength and durability means that it’s too useful not to use. Hopefully changing into another form every minute or so should prevent the mental changes from making it that far.” She said, before starting to shift into her son.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3915
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Romeo walked over to Hannabelle and began scanning her with his eye, "Honestly there's not really much I can do. Ones trying to escape through the front of your chest; lucky you it didn't decide to make friends with your heart or lungs. Here's what I can do," he pulled a compression bandages out of the bag and a large syringe, "I can take the pain away and I can keep you from seeing your rib." He stuck the needle into a couple of places around her rib cage to numb it before wrapping the bandage around her ribs to hold them in place for transport. "Normally I'd set it and fix it up, but I don't have any tools with me."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9994
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I'll... take the bandage," Hannabelle grunted painfully, "but I'd rather not have... senses dulled in... a hot zone, Doc. Might... still need to fight."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3915
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Ahh yes, fight with the broken ribs. How do you intend on fighting exactly?" He said, still holding the needle.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9994
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Better... than I fight with a.. broken rib and no senses, Doctor." the old Hunter asserted. "Keep.. it until we're... out of the atmosphere anyhow."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3915
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Romeo sighed and shook his head, "Machismo gets people killed. Right now, if you stretch the wrong way, this closed fracture while turn into an open fracture. Neither are fun but I can assure you that the latter is even less fun."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9994
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Hannabelle laughed a short laugh. "I like you, Doc," she said, "but... drugging me up... won't affect how I stretch, yeah? Just... strap up and... give it the minute or so first."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3915
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Romeo chuckled, "Suit yourself. I have alternative methods," he reached into his pocket and withdrew something, holding it up for Hannabelle to see. "Would you like this lollipop as an alternative medicine or are you too old and mature? I have raisins somewhere if you'd prefer," he said with a laugh.
--------
"Honestly I'm not really worried about you getting hurt so much as I'm worried about me getting hurt. I mean, I can fix you. If I get my head pulled off I just die." Chris took off the helmet and placed his hands against the interior of the cockpit. Slowly a few strands of electricity appeared between MT's body and his head. They began pulling the head back into places as cracks began to disappear. Within seconds the two parts had fused together and all major connections had been re-established. The final touches were completed shortly after.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9994
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I'll take it," Hannabelle said, taking the lolly. "I'll eat it in space."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2450
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<Understood, Beacon actual,>> the Kratar replied, <<Standing by for instructions.>>


"If you have any surface troops and field medics you can spare, a couple of my champion teams could use the reinforcements, and the secure bases could use the medics. Can't give the coordinates for the bases, but I can take the medics there if you send them to a meeting point."

--------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ah, she should be OK," Dragere admitted, possibly more in hope. "She's in Falacka, a village some thirty miles out of... Lakarian City... Her name's Chessina Dowle."


"On my way there right now. The Varanians haven't hit the small towns yet. They leave those for after the planet has been taken. I'm sure Falacka is safe."

--------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp sighed. "A civilisation that runs on might being right," he said. "Seems Earth was luckier than it thought, having the legend of Arthur," he reminded Liz. "There's no 'quick fixes' on this one, Captain.
Might as well approach it slowly. Work on one or two across the period of years. Show them friendship also has strength.
" He looked to Hivemind. "I'm really hating this empathy, by the way. Makes me talk too much."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”It’s not that I think there’s a quick fix, it’s just....” Liz trailed off, trying to think of a way to explain her thought process for this. ”I’m trying to remain optimistic. Because if I don’t, then I start think about everything that’s wrong with this whole situation. Like how we’re stuck in an alternate dimension with no way to get home, every surviving member of my crew is broke so we’re forced to rely on a stranger for food and a place to sleep, many of us have strange powers we know practically nothing about, my power in particular could cause death of personality if I use it too much, and there’s all powerful eldritch gods running with the power to render an entire galaxy uninhabitable on a whim. I am so far out of my depth right now that if I don’t keep an at least slightly optimistic view of my situation, I am not confident in my ability to handle all of this.” If Corp payed close attention, he might notice a brief flash of panic that quickly got stomped out as Liz stepped into the chamber again. ”As for the Varanian morph, to be frank, no, but it’s strength and durability means that it’s too useful not to use. Hopefully changing into another form every minute or so should prevent the mental changes from making it that far.” She said, before starting to shift into her son.


"I understand, Liz. Know that I don't mind helping out any of the residents of the Steelhaven. And a lot of you have already found jobs. Really well paying ones, too." he let out a chuckle as he scanned Liz's cellular changes. "Heck, even Nocturl has a job interview coming up. Think of whatever joke you can about that situation, he's already told it."

--------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Better... than I fight with a.. broken rib and no senses, Doctor." the old Hunter asserted. "Keep.. it until we're... out of the atmosphere anyhow."
Deske Wrote:
Romeo sighed and shook his head, "Machismo gets people killed. Right now, if you stretch the wrong way, this closed fracture while turn into an open fracture. Neither are fun but I can assure you that the latter is even less fun."


"Not to mention we're about a hundred miles from the battle now. And now we're a hundred and ten miles. Now twenty. Point is, the Sparrows are fast and we're nowhere near combat anymore. We're closer to our destination than to the battleground now. We'll be arriving in a few seconds."

Sparrows are apparently very fast.

--------------------

Buster Wrote:
Huffing angrily, kol tears the busted chest piece off exposing the armor's thermal layer, before marching over to a bit of discarded gear confiscated from the half-digested varanian, and forcing the two pieces to hook together using ruined cabling riped from the wreck that currently served as their frontline base as improvised straps and buckles. the result is... actually not much of an improvement structurally, but atleast Kol is happy.

Also she appears to be looking for a weapon, hers missing...

Talya had managed to get the anchor and capacitor bank set up by the time things hit the fan, still in the middle of combining the barrel coils and pivot into the upper half, let alone attach the two halves.

switching her connection from the private chat with hive mind to broadcasting to all IFF-Matching devices, she sent

>I still need another minute or two to get this thing running. keep him busy.


"Right here, Kol." Two of hivemind's droids picked up Kol's axes, one grabbed the staff axe and one grabbed the chain axes. They handed the axes to Kol. "I picked them up when I grabbed you."

>We'll do our best, but you might want to hurry up.
>I don't really like our odds against something that can come back from a strike like that.
>Plus, he's starting to demonstrate signs of proto-avatar mutation.


- - - - -

Deske Wrote:
"Honestly I'm not really worried about you getting hurt so much as I'm worried about me getting hurt. I mean, I can fix you. If I get my head pulled off I just die." Chris took off the helmet and placed his hands against the interior of the cockpit. Slowly a few strands of electricity appeared between MT's body and his head. They began pulling the head back into places as cracks began to disappear. Within seconds the two parts had fused together and all major connections had been re-established. The final touches were completed shortly after.


"Wow. Thanks for your undying compassion, Chris." MT said with all the sarcasm his robotic voice could muster once his head was back on his shoulders. The mech stood up, noticing he and Chris had fallen into the pit. He took off, flying upward. "Right now I'm thinking we stay as far away from this guy as possible. Hivemind, can you drop weapons into the fight?"

"With the targeting laser gone, it's a crapshoot as to whether it lands in the fight or a mile away from it."

"Doesn't matter. I need my railgun and ammunition for it. I'll track it's descent."

"Sending it down."

- - - - -

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Well, I say trick, but it’s really more manipulating my limitations. You see, to use the example we did in testing, my power finds it easier to lift one ten pound metal block than to lift ten one pound metal blocks, so if-OH COME ON!!!!“ Whatever Kolt was cut off when he noticed the Warlord up and moving again. ”HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE!?!?! WE BLASTED YOU FROM ORBIT FOR A SOLID FIVE MINUTES!!!! YOU SHOULDN’T EVEN HAVE A SINGLE CELL TO REGENERATE FROM!!!!”


"The Warlord takes powers from people he eats, Kolt. We don't know how many powers he's taken, or what those powers are. I'm willing to bet he's eaten someone with enhanced durability and strength." Hivemind informed Kolt. "Be careful when engaging him. If all of that weren't enough, he's transitioning into a proto-avatar."

- - - - -

The Warlord was looking and feeling more starved by the second. His stomach became more and more gaunt. His teeth grew larger as his forked tongue flicked across them and drool fell from his jaws. His eyes glowed a wild, cold green. "Powers... your powers... I need them... I will have them. I must be stronger..." Upon seeing Jenny, the Warlord started to lunge at her. "You! Yours first, mea-AAH!"

There was a crack and the Warlord's hand flew up to his face. He stepped back, and let his hand down. A crushed bullet fell from his eye. He looked into the distance, grinning when he saw the glint of light from Gear's sniper scope. The orb started screaming again...

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Yeah," Jenny said, drawing close to Kol as the warlords' body rose, "that really isn't a good sound. You OK, Kol," she asked as she tried to have her wrist computer scan the gem in the Warlord and her brain worked out what she was seeing. "Ready to face a gigantic... naked... Varanian warlord? Oh, I'm gonna need therapy later..."


Two solid, concentrated lasers shot out of the Warlord's eyes into the hill in the distance. "Ah, heck..." Gear swore as he dove from the hill, nearly missing getting hit by the lasers.

In the meantime, Jenny's scanner would pick up a massive amount of power in addition to a corrupted string. Most of the string is gibberish, save for two words: "Help us."

The Warlord turned back to Jenny. "Now... back to business... Nothing personal. Ahhh-AAARRGH!!!!!" The Warlord was once again about to eat Jenny straight off the ground when something burst through his chest. He looked down at the invisible blade, made visible only due to it being covered by... what usually covers things after they stab people.

The Warlord dropped to his knees and the invisible blade pulled out of his chest. Then it's wielder dropped it's cloak. It was the Predator drone. The drone kicked the Warlord, dropping him on his hands and placed the giant two-handed greatsword against the back of the Warlord's head. "Yield."

The Warlord did not yield. His chest healed up, accompanied by the screams of the orb. Fast as lightning, he grabbed the sword and delivered an electrified punch straight to the Predator drone's chest. There was a pop as the Predator's shields broke and the drone was sent flying all the way across the crater and into probably one of the only buildings that hadn't been knocked down yet. Well, it's luck couldn't hold out forever.

"None of us are strong enough to take down this beast." The Predator Drone stated over the team's communicators. "Everyone, join me. We shall fight as one. Use his tactics against him."

- - - - -

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"What... What was that," the NotJaken asked after the scream, "and what's the plan, Boss Mind?"


"Jaken, if you want to help, you can help by portaling teammates over to the Predator drone. You all need a power boost, and the drone can provide it. Then, you can join them over there."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9994
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"You could have... said that earlier, Hive," Hannabelle complained before unwrapping the lollipop and sticking it in her mouth. "Yuk, Lemon."
--------------------------
"Oh," Jenny said, diving away from the outstretched hand, "I've got no intention of being a dinner date! Hive," she called, "mail for ya!" She sent the scanners findings to the e-mail address she'd sent her application CV to as she fired off a sonic blast at the gem before scrambling to her feet and running... through a portal that took her to the feet of the predator drone. "What? Um," she asked, looking around and getting her bearings as the portal closed and reopened to show Tatiana on the other side., "how do I get in?"
-------------------------
Jaken grunted as the NotJaken opened the portal to Tatiana. Both of them scowled and gritted their teeth as he pushed himself to the limit to open another portal with his other hand for Kolt. He dropped to a knee but kept the portals open as long as he could.
-------------------------
"Thank you for that," Dragere said, almost hollowly.
------------------------
"Where've the Lappineans gone," Sana asked rhetorically, checking her screens for the stealth medical ship and its' escort. "Ah, there they are. Setting up over Jondahl. Hmm," she mused. "Our third city. Badly hit and where all Celica's galnet servers are based. Every interplanetary communication goes through it. We need their help and it's great PR..." She shook her head. "I really hate Balbury."
"Debugging it later," Seena asked.
"Can't. I'm federal. I'd have to prove there was interstellar espionage going on to gain access to their servers and there's no proof here. The evidence is in the main relay building. Which I can't get into without the proof." She sighed. "It's probably just co-incidence..."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:22 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4139
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jamming the auto-targeter into place with a clunk, the MAC turret shuddered to life and started to hum as it self oriented. it's software flagging the orb itself as a 'critical subsystem' and treating it as it's designated target, pausing a moment to let the coils warm up and the capicitors charge before it began to fire a 200kg* slug at hypersonic speeds every four seconds.

>Got it! Firing sequence should start any-... oh, there it goes.

Talya meanwhile was clambering down the side of the building, knowing full well a stationary target with only a 30-round magazine had a very finite lifespan.

(*The mass of a tapered 150mm diamter x 200mm solid iron slug)

retrieving her weapons kol doesn't seem to quite understand what predator means if her body language and lack of direct response are anything to go by.

_________________
'Lard of The Rings' is probably the most entertaining typo I've ever read.

Characters


Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”I’m on my way.” Kolt said to the Predator drone over the radio, before flying off to the city. Once he arrived, he put himself slightly behind the Predator, not exactly in a rush to put himself too close to the Warlord. ”So uh, how exactly is this going to work? The files I read weren’t clear on how you absorb stuff.”
-
Liz gave a small chuckle at the mention of Lieutenant Nocturl. ”Knowing him, he’s probably made more than I could ever think of.” She said as Hivemind scanned her cells. ”And Hive? Thank you. For all my talk of relying on a stranger, you have shown yourself to be a good man thus far. Though admittedly, the extents you’ve gone to to ensure you remain a good man are rather unnerving.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Last edited by Legotron123 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1218
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana let out a tired sigh as the Warlord got up from the beating he already took. Her second shell latched onto her and she was about to engage when Predator issued the order and Jaken's portal opened. With a light shrug she stepped through the portal. "Second most shocking return..."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3915
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris laughed as he placed the helmet back on his head, "Might be a bit harsh, but the logic is sound. We'll be even when you can reattach my head to my body."
-------
Ulrich positioned himself near the predator mech, "If it works it works, hopefully we can all beat him together."
-------
"Only flavor that survived the cross dimensional jump oddly enough."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:30 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13012
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Nae need, Hen, Sarah signed, before nipping back to her room. She returned with the instruction book and a grin. "Two digits out," she explained.

"What'll ye dae wi' th' noodles then? Seems a shame tae waste them." Cailean asks as he passes out cutlery.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2450
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Where've the Lappineans gone," Sana asked rhetorically, checking her screens for the stealth medical ship and its' escort. "Ah, there they are. Setting up over Jondahl. Hmm," she mused. "Our third city. Badly hit and where all Celica's galnet servers are based. Every interplanetary communication goes through it. We need their help and it's great PR..." She shook her head. "I really hate Balbury."
"Debugging it later," Seena asked.
"Can't. I'm federal. I'd have to prove there was interstellar espionage going on to gain access to their servers and there's no proof here. The evidence is in the main relay building. Which I can't get into without the proof." She sighed. "It's probably just co-incidence..."


"You are federal." Hivemind started. "I am a technopathic intergalactic hivemind. And everything I know of Balbury says he's the kind of murderous psychopathic thief who would use a medical relief effort to disguise an espionage, and that's all the cause I need to check on the servers." Immediately, Hivemind started doing just that, tapping into the servers and looking for any signs of tampering.

---------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz gave a small chuckle at the mention of Lieutenant Nocturl. ”Knowing him, he’s probably made more than I could ever think of.” She said as Hivemind scanned her cells. ”And Hive? Thank you. For all my talk of relying on a stranger, you have shown yourself to be a good man thus far. Though admittedly, the extents you’ve gone to to ensure you remain a good man are rather unnerving.”


"Your welcome." Hivemind said, looking at the scanner's data. "Your cells are indeed changing to match your son's on a microscopic level." He said. "I suspect your brain also experiences physical changes, but the scanner isn't picking anything up from this transformation."

---------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"You could have... said that earlier, Hive," Hannabelle complained before unwrapping the lollipop and sticking it in her mouth. "Yuk, Lemon."

Deske Wrote:
"Only flavor that survived the cross dimensional jump oddly enough."


"We will be arriving at the base in three... two... one."

The jet touched down smoothly on the roof of the base, which had suddenly appeared when the aircraft passed the cloaking barrier. The base itself was heavily fortified, and large enough to have a Sparrow runway on it's roof. The Albatrosses were still too big to land on it, so they were parking as close as they could around the base. Celicans were filing out and moving in an organized line into the base. A couple hive droids were running urgently toward some of the other sparrows carrying canisters of some kind of medical agent. They ran up to the two Celicans and the Varanian who had been pulled from the Warlord's stomach and started dowsing them with the chemical before rushing them inside.

Another hive droid was running toward Hannabelle and the clones' craft. "Let's get you to the hospital, Hannabelle. They're very busy right now, but they should be able to see you soon."

---------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Thank you for that," Dragere said, almost hollowly.


"We should get you three to the nearest base. I'll be sure to bring your family there when I pick them up, so you can be together." Hivemind said before the Sparrow accelerated towards the planet.

---------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Oh," Jenny said, diving away from the outstretched hand, "I've got no intention of being a dinner date! Hive," she called, "mail for ya!" She sent the scanners findings to the e-mail address she'd sent her application CV to as she fired off a sonic blast at the gem before scrambling to her feet and running... through a portal that took her to the feet of the predator drone. "What? Um," she asked, looking around and getting her bearings as the portal closed and reopened to show Tatiana on the other side., "how do I get in?"


Hivemind accepted the files and was disturbed by what he saw. "Help... us?" he said to himself, reading the string of corrupted text.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I’m on my way.” Kolt said to the Predator drone over the radio, before flying off to the city. Once he arrived, he put himself slightly behind the Predator, not exactly in a rush to put himself too close to the Warlord. ”So uh, how exactly is this going to work? The files I read weren’t clear on how you absorb stuff.”


"Like this." The Predator said to both Jenny and Kolt before opening it's mouth. The disc like device inside glowed, and a beam of light shot out, hitting Kolt. Kolt glowed brilliantly, turning into a white light silhouette that shrank as the light was pulled into the device.

[p-001 downloaded]
[Telekinetic constructs copied]
[Telekinetic manipulation copied]
[Fabricating Armor Arsenal]

Next the droid faced Jenny and repeated the process.

[p-002 downloaded]
[Sonic Pulse copied]

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich positioned himself near the predator mech, "If it works it works, hopefully we can all beat him together."


Then Ulrich...

[p-003 downloaded]
[Hardlight Generator copied]

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana let out a tired sigh as the Warlord got up from the beating he already took. Her second shell latched onto her and she was about to engage when Predator issued the order and Jaken's portal opened. With a light shrug she stepped through the portal. "Second most shocking return..."


Then Tatiana...

[p-004 downloaded]
[Telekinetic Blast copied]

Then Rika and Traci...

[p-005 downloaded]
[Fabricating chemical grenade launcher]

[p-006 downloaded]
[super speed copied]

Then the members of team angel. Gadgeteer was carrying Archangel's frozen body.

[p-007 downloaded]
[p-008 downloaded]
[p-009 downloaded]

[Passive strength heavily upgraded]
[Passive durability heavily upgraded]
[Blink copied]

Buster Wrote:
Jamming the auto-targeter into place with a clunk, the MAC turret shuddered to life and started to hum as it self oriented. it's software flagging the orb itself as a 'critical subsystem' and treating it as it's designated target, pausing a moment to let the coils warm up and the capicitors charge before it began to fire a 200kg* slug at hypersonic speeds every four seconds.

>Got it! Firing sequence should start any-... oh, there it goes.

Talya meanwhile was clambering down the side of the building, knowing full well a stationary target with only a 30-round magazine had a very finite lifespan.

(*The mass of a tapered 150mm diamter x 200mm solid iron slug)

retrieving her weapons kol doesn't seem to quite understand what predator means if her body language and lack of direct response are anything to go by.


Predator noticed Kol didn't seem to get the idea, so while the Warlord was distracted by the MAC turret, the drone flew over and downloaded her as well.

[p-010 downloaded]
[Mining arms fabricated]
[Cold resistance copied]
[Chain Axes fabricated]
[Plasma Ax fabricated]

Then, finally, the Predator drone moved on to the NotJaken droid.

[p-011 downloaded]
[Telepresence control copied]
[Allowing remote access...]
[Portal generation copied]

By the time he was done, the Predator looked very different. Duel chemical grenade launchers were mounted on it's shoulders, and two extra arms were attached right next to them. The extra arms were equipped with claws that could morph into drills. The robot's body was coated in what looked like metal Varanian scales, enhancing it's defense. The Predator had fabricated chain-axes and attached them to it's forearms, and it's tail was equipped with an energy blade. The Predator drone rushed over and picked up the Lumberjack's discarded minigun. "Time for round two. Switching to joint control."

All downloaded members of the team are now able to see through the Predator's eyes and control what he does.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9994
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"That was weird," Jaken said through new eyes, getting the feeling that he was a lot 'closer' to the others now. "Anyone else feeling really, really... scared at the moment? Not that I'm going to wet myself or anything. That'd be embarrassing. Plus I can fight."
----------------
"We should get this fight out into the bay if we can," Jenny said. "If we're waterproof, of course.Everyone, keep your mind on the battle. If it's like that last one, it can fix on your thoughts and hopes so hope for nothing beyond the fight. Even you, Hive. Wanting to save everyone is a kind of greed, even if positive and, if it gets you..."
------------------------------
"Good job you didn't... bring a chair, Hive," the garrulous old hunter explained as she leaned on the Hivebot. "I would've hit... you over the head with it! Not used to being... removed like this," she said to the Colorado Collective without apologising. "Must be getting old."
------------------------------
"Anime marathons ahead," Corp sighed, half wishing he were Nocturl. "do you at least have Oedo 808 here? I can stand that one..."
----------------------------------
Sarah grinned, popped the Pot Noodle on Cailean's plate with the rest and got her breakfast of choice.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:34 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4139
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Last one? would come the questioning answer in the back of their shared mind, a reminder to jenny that kol had been unconscious for the mind-games part of the mech fight.

_________________
'Lard of The Rings' is probably the most entertaining typo I've ever read.

Characters


Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Jenny, I’m inside a giant robot right now. There is nothing else I want right now.” Kolt said, before he activated the drones copied super speed and moved. In a blur, he was behind the Warlord, digging the drill hands into his neck and the chain axes into his tail, before blurring again and stopping about a block away from the Varanian.
”At this point, I think the most he could tempt you with would be a sandwhich.” Quint said before taking control of the drone. He tapped into their suits arsenal and shot a few bio EMP blasts at the Warlord, hoping to at least cause some slight numbing.
-
Liz hemmed for a moment as she looked around the room. ”I’d suggest changing into the Shipmaster so you could see if the changes were more noticeable in that form, but I don’t think this room is big enough.”
”As I’ve told you before, it’s not anime, it’s Tokusatsu.” Lewis said to Corp, piping up after a few minutes of silent note taking. ”And I guarantee there’s a least ONE show in the genre you’d like. We just have to find it.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9994
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Remember that thing we fought on the ship, Kol," Jennys' voice said, "It's one of those things.
Ok, um, tactics..? If Jaken opens a portal with the other end facing the Warlord from behind him, Tat can rapid shoot him in the back. I'm gonna put my sonic power into the fists for extra wallop so, if he comes near, hit him, Kol?
" She shut up as Jaken thought about portals and opened one in front of them like instructed.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:21 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1218
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana grumbled, feeling out of place and even a bit of anxiety from being in such a strange scenario. "Ugh, I'm so out of my element here. Yo, Predator! Any estimation on how well you can utilize my kinetic blasts? If it'll damage ya or throw you around it might be more of a hindrance than anything... Aim for the orb when possible by the way." She didn't want to take too much control and put them out of position, so Tatiana focused on being something of a turret, aiming the pciked up mini gun at the opened wounds, though keeping an eye out for any exposed weakspots like the orb At least she assumed it was a weakspot. Glowing things just were in her experience.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:36 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2450
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Good job you didn't... bring a chair, Hive," the garrulous old hunter explained as she leaned on the Hivebot. "I would've hit... you over the head with it! Not used to being... removed like this," she said to the Colorado Collective without apologising. "Must be getting old."


Hivemind led Hannabelle through the door and into the waiting room of the base's hospital. "I put portal doors in. Most of them lead to pre-defined places, but I can override that if needed." He led her over to the receptionist and got her scheduled to see the doctor as soon as they could, but it would be a few minutes. "You should sit down. Don't risk injuring yourself more, the doctor will be available soon."

------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz hemmed for a moment as she looked around the room. ”I’d suggest changing into the Shipmaster so you could see if the changes were more noticeable in that form, but I don’t think this room is big enough.”
”As I’ve told you before, it’s not anime, it’s Tokusatsu.” Lewis said to Corp, piping up after a few minutes of silent note taking. ”And I guarantee there’s a least ONE show in the genre you’d like. We just have to find it.”


"Didn't you acquire the grunt? If not, you could try the cat again." Hivemind suggested.

------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"That was weird," Jaken said through new eyes, getting the feeling that he was a lot 'closer' to the others now. "Anyone else feeling really, really... scared at the moment? Not that I'm going to wet myself or anything. That'd be embarrassing. Plus I can fight."
----------------
"We should get this fight out into the bay if we can," Jenny said. "If we're waterproof, of course.Everyone, keep your mind on the battle. If it's like that last one, it can fix on your thoughts and hopes so hope for nothing beyond the fight. Even you, Hive. Wanting to save everyone is a kind of greed, even if positive and, if it gets you..."


"We are indeed waterproof. Moving toward the bay. If he is after powers, he will follow us." The Predator drone took off and started flying for the bay. The Warlord followed, keeping low to evade the Mac cannon. Varanian soldiers below them looked up and stopped fighting, recognizing the signs of a challenge going on.

"We may need solid ground to fight on. My power will deplete if we are constantly flying." It wasn't too long before the Predator and Warlord made it to the bay. Predator kept flying, but the Warlord stopped before he went over water. He landed, and the screaming of the orb changed. The Warlord opened up his increasingly fanged maw and unleashed a blizzard of freezing breath over the bay, encasing the bulk of it in ice and snow. When the wind and frost settled, the bay and everything in it was frozen.

Kol's cold immunity protected the Predator drone.

Once everything was frozen, the Warlord walked confidently onto the ice. Behind him, nearly every Varanian troop in the city had showed up to watch, but none of them were fighting.

Buster Wrote:
Last one? would come the questioning answer in the back of their shared mind, a reminder to jenny that kol had been unconscious for the mind-games part of the mech fight.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Jenny, I’m inside a giant robot right now. There is nothing else I want right now.” Kolt said, before he activated the drones copied super speed and moved. In a blur, he was behind the Warlord, digging the drill hands into his neck and the chain axes into his tail, before blurring again and stopping about a block away from the Varanian.
”At this point, I think the most he could tempt you with would be a sandwhich.” Quint said before taking control of the drone. He tapped into their suits arsenal and shot a few bio EMP blasts at the Warlord, hoping to at least cause some slight numbing.


The Warlord was not quite expecting the Predator to move with such speed. As such, he staggered forward, not giving the chain axes any time to do any damage to his tail, but developing a couple of nasty friction burns on the back of his neck (that healed up almost instantly).
-6% power

The bio-EMP did worse than nothing. If anything, the Warlord seemed to be healing faster for the moment, having absorbed the energy from the non-damaging energy attack. The Warlord got over the surprise of the previous attack and charged...

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Remember that thing we fought on the ship, Kol," Jennys' voice said, "It's one of those things.
Ok, um, tactics..? If Jaken opens a portal with the other end facing the Warlord from behind him, Tat can rapid shoot him in the back. I'm gonna put my sonic power into the fists for extra wallop so, if he comes near, hit him, Kol?
" She shut up as Jaken thought about portals and opened one in front of them like instructed.


-4% power
The explosive rounds struck the Warlord from behind, but by this point the Warlord had gathered enough power that all this did was push him forward towards the Predator even more forcefully as he lunged, mouth open...

CHOMP!
The Predator's vision was plunged into darkness as the Warlord practically shoved it's head into his throat and started biting down. "GET THIS THING OFF OF US!"

-10% shields

summary:
Shields: 90%
Power: 90%

Warlord Status: Strong and uninjured.

5 turns until allied reinforcements.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:49 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4139
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kol being one of the more close quarters specialized of the group took control at that point gripping the lower jaw with the main arms and pushing in an attempt to force it open while swinging to stab both sides of the jaw hinge with the drill arms at the same time.

her thinking being that if his jaw muscled are ruined he can't bite down properly.

_________________
'Lard of The Rings' is probably the most entertaining typo I've ever read.

Characters


Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”On it!” Kolt said, repeatedly stabbing the tail blade into the spot between between their opponents legs, hoping the Varanians had the same weakness as plenty of other species. In addition, he activated the thrusters on the drones wings, hoping to tip the Warlord onto his back. ”Side note, I REALLY like the fact that we’re all sharing a body right now. I mean, this is one of the most fun and unique experiences I’ve ever had.”
Quint would’ve rolled his eyes if the body he was in had eyes to roll. ”Maybe focus more on the battle Kolt. You missed a few avenues of attack.” He said, before taking over the drones legs and having climb up their opponents body, forcing him to support the entire weight of the Predator drone. Once they got high enough, he positioned them under the Warlords armpits, and did what he was pretty sure would be the last thing the Varanian would be expecting his would be dinner to do.
He started tickling him.
”And now that you are distracted....” He opened the drones mouth as far as it would go, and fired a bolt of what looked like lightning down the proto-Avatar’s throat. ”Predator, is there anything we can do to regain power? I do not want to run out of power before backup arrives.”
-
”Fair enough.” Liz said before morphing into the grunt. ”Honestly, my mind’s so distracted right now I completely forgot about those two. Today’s been rather........ stressful, to say the least.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9994
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Now I have to try not to think about what you just said, Kolt," Jennys' voice chuckled as she started sending her sonic power through the drone fists, doing her best to change the frequency of her sonic charge every few seconds to see if any frequency was better than the others.
-------------------------------------
Nearly all the Lappinean medical teams were occupied in the city they'd decided to focus on. One, however, had decided to operate on the outskirts of the city and very close to the galnet server farm. Which, in the last few minutes, had decided now would be a good time to do a back up...
-------------------------------------
"I'm never getting used to that," Corp said, looking up at Liz. He made a mental plan to find out if this universe had films like 'Wild Geese' and 'The Bridge at Remegen' for later perusal.
-------------------------------------
Hannabelle waited for the Doctor and watched the world go by.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:44 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1218
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana's mind just froze for a second at Kolt's words. "Okay, I think my anxiety shot up ten points. Kolt I order you to never say something like that in relation to me again, until further notice or granted permission." Despite her words, she did feel more at ease when it came to the fight itself, taking control of the chemical grenades on the predator's shoulders, and started firing them into the Warlord's face, the eyes she hoped in particular, and while she didn't know exactly how to change grenade type like Kolt had, she was hoping for something corrosive, to keep that regeneration a bit busier than normal.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:57 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13012
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah grinned, popped the Pot Noodle on Cailean's plate with the rest and got her breakfast of choice.

"Och, what's this? Tryin' tae fatten me up?"
Conall triumphantly pulls a kettle from the cupboard and sets it to boil. "Anyone want a hot drink?" he signs once it's bubbling.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 am
Profile WWW
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2450
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
”Fair enough.” Liz said before morphing into the grunt. ”Honestly, my mind’s so distracted right now I completely forgot about those two. Today’s been rather........ stressful, to say the least.”


Hivemind nodded, focusing on the cell changes. "Seems there are some very slow cellular changes in the brain this time, particularly in the frontal lobe." he said before activating the machine to turn Liz back to normal. "Things will work out, Liz. As long as there are people out there who are willing to make them work out for others."

-------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Nearly all the Lappinean medical teams were occupied in the city they'd decided to focus on. One, however, had decided to operate on the outskirts of the city and very close to the galnet server farm. Which, in the last few minutes, had decided now would be a good time to do a back up...


Hivemind scoffed. "Predictable. Sending them a little wake up call..." Hivemind spread his influence to the backup device while the server was still sending it's files. Immediately he corrupted the copied information within the backup device, leaving a message for Balbury in the middle of the now jumbled up and useless data.

Then he rebooted the servers, kicking anyone on them off. When they came back online, Hivemind continued monitoring in case they tried again.

-------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle waited for the Doctor and watched the world go by.


The doctor was ready sooner than expected. When they were called, Hivemind led Hannabelle to where the Good Doctor was waiting, then left.

"Good afternoon." She said. "If you would please stand in that chamber over there, I can get started on fixing your ribs." She pointed to an upright tube-like "bed" of sorts.

-------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Kol being one of the more close quarters specialized of the group took control at that point gripping the lower jaw with the main arms and pushing in an attempt to force it open while swinging to stab both sides of the jaw hinge with the drill arms at the same time.

her thinking being that if his jaw muscled are ruined he can't bite down properly.


Kol's plan seemed to be working, as the Warlord's lower jaws go limp. A pained roar echoes around the Predator Drone's head.

Still, even without biting the razor sharp Cupiditas-enhanced fangs still do mild scratch damage to the shields, even without the Warlord's ability to actually bite down.

-2% shields

Legotron123 Wrote:
”On it!” Kolt said, repeatedly stabbing the tail blade into the spot between between their opponents legs, hoping the Varanians had the same weakness as plenty of other species. In addition, he activated the thrusters on the drones wings, hoping to tip the Warlord onto his back. ”Side note, I REALLY like the fact that we’re all sharing a body right now. I mean, this is one of the most fun and unique experiences I’ve ever had.”
Quint would’ve rolled his eyes if the body he was in had eyes to roll. ”Maybe focus more on the battle Kolt. You missed a few avenues of attack.” He said, before taking over the drones legs and having climb up their opponents body, forcing him to support the entire weight of the Predator drone. Once they got high enough, he positioned them under the Warlords armpits, and did what he was pretty sure would be the last thing the Varanian would be expecting his would be dinner to do.
He started tickling him.
”And now that you are distracted....” He opened the drones mouth as far as it would go, and fired a bolt of what looked like lightning down the proto-Avatar’s throat. ”Predator, is there anything we can do to regain power? I do not want to run out of power before backup arrives.”


"When I download someone, their bodies are converted into energy and placed in a high capacity energy storage for when I convert them back. However, if I downloaded a non-living thing, I could send the energy to our power supply."

It turns out that Varanians, being reptilian, do not have a weak spot between the legs in the manner Kolt was probably aiming for. That said, they do have some major blood vessels there, and the rapid stabs have opened up a bleeding wound.

And then things went downhill fast. It turns out that Varanians are VERY strong, and the Warlord is plenty strong enough to hold his ground against the Predator's thrusters. This means all those thrusters did was push the Predator drone even further into the Warlord's mouth. Then Quint's attempt to force the Warlord to support the entirety of the Predator's weight backfired, as it not only shoved them deeper because of their angle, but also sacrificed their footing. The Warlord, fully capable of supporting the predator's weight, lifted the droid up, now attempting to use their own weight to swallow the droid. When things were said and done, the Predator had gone from being head deep in the Warlord's mouth to being chest deep in it's throat. Even the bolt of electricity just caused the Warlord's throat muscles to contract, forcing the Warlord to swallow again, pulling them deeper.

"Our situation has not improved..."

-5% shields
-2% Power

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana's mind just froze for a second at Kolt's words. "Okay, I think my anxiety shot up ten points. Kolt I order you to never say something like that in relation to me again, until further notice or granted permission." Despite her words, she did feel more at ease when it came to the fight itself, taking control of the chemical grenades on the predator's shoulders, and started firing them into the Warlord's face, the eyes she hoped in particular, and while she didn't know exactly how to change grenade type like Kolt had, she was hoping for something corrosive, to keep that regeneration a bit busier than normal.


That did it. While the face wasn't available, the launchers fired one of Rika's chemical grenades straight into the Warlord's throat. The grenade detonated, releasing a cloud of chemical irritant that coated the sensitive esophageal walls, causing immediate and severe burns.

In pain, the Warlord dropped down and started to retch and cough until he had ejected the Predator drone from his throat. By now his bleeding had healed, but despite having gotten the Predator drone out of his throat the Warlord was still on the ground retching and coughing up clouds of the chemical from the grenade.

Summary:
Shields: 83%
Power: 88%

Warlord Status: Stunned and in Pain.

4 turns until allied reinforcements.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:00 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4139
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kol is the first to react again, making a quick slash at the warlord's eyes while he's incapacitated.he's on the back-foot now and she intends to keep him there.

_________________
'Lard of The Rings' is probably the most entertaining typo I've ever read.

Characters


Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9994
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Sarah took a seat at the table. Naw, hun," she told Cailean, "Noodles gi' youse energy, pet." An' I'll take tea, ta, Hen, she signed to Conall.
--------------------------------------------
"Right, right," Hannabelle said, doing her best not to look ill for the Doctor. as she clumped to the scanner chamber "I presume... Nurse Hivemind told... you of my condition?"
--------------------------------------------
Jenny 'borrowed' the arms of the drone for a few seconds, bringing the hands together to send off a succession of pulses at the dropped Warlord, trying to shift the frequency each time to judge the effects.
-------------------------------------------
Jaken kept quiet. He was waiting for someone to tell him what to do. If he acted and screwed up he didn't want it to be his fault.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3915
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich let everyone else take control while he sat back and worked more passive systems, including the hardlight generator, to try and bolster their defenses.
----
Chris directed MT's firepower towards the Warlords head to try and distract the Varanian and allow openings for the team to attack.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Well, at least one good thing came out of that.” Kolt said, before using the super speed to rush behind the Warlord. ”I learned his regeneration is strong enough that doing this won’t kill him.” He slammed the chain axes into the back of the Varanians neck with as much force as he could muster, trying to sever the spinal cord in order to temporarily immobilize him.
”Hmm. You mean like this?” Quint said, using the tail blade to cut a piece out of the ice beneath them as Kolt dealt what would be a lethal blow on any other opponent. Once he was finished, he stabbed the piece of ice with the tail and held it up to the Predators mouth.
-
Liz gave Hivemind a quick nod as she stepped out of the chamber. ”I hope you’re right. Because all of this is feeling kind of insane, and I’m really not sure how to react to most of it.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:14 am
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2450
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Right, right," Hannabelle said, doing her best not to look ill for the Doctor. as she clumped to the scanner chamber "I presume... Nurse Hivemind told... you of my condition?"


"No, your bones told me." The Good Doctor said, strapping Hannabelle in and sanitizing and numbing part of her arm to insert an IV. "Organikinetic. I can sense and manipulate organic matter. So here's what I'm going to do for you. First, I'm going to fix your ribs. Then I'm going to reverse the damage your condition has done to your bones. Can't cure it, but I can sort of... reset it. I can fix the damage done, but the condition will still do more damage, so I suggest scheduling regular therapy to combat that."

--------------------------

The Sparrow carrying the Security Chief touched down on the roof of the hidden base. More Sparrows were incoming. One landed and opened up to reveal the Security Chief's niece and family. "Their town hadn't been attacked yet, but there were Varanian troop movements nearby so I figured I should evacuate the whole place."

--------------------------

"I'm moving in to supervise the Lappinean medical teams. Particularly the one that isn't where it's supposed to be." Hivemind mentioned to Sana and Seena.

--------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz gave Hivemind a quick nod as she stepped out of the chamber. ”I hope you’re right. Because all of this is feeling kind of insane, and I’m really not sure how to react to most of it.”


"Understandable." Hivemind replied, turning off the machine. "Perhaps now that your work is over for the day, we should check on the Steelhaven residents?"

--------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Kol is the first to react again, making a quick slash at the warlord's eyes while he's incapacitated.he's on the back-foot now and she intends to keep him there.


The Warlord let out a shriek and reeled back, his eyes were red and he looked around, temporarily blinded...

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny 'borrowed' the arms of the drone for a few seconds, bringing the hands together to send off a succession of pulses at the dropped Warlord, trying to shift the frequency each time to judge the effects.
-------------------------------------------
Jaken kept quiet. He was waiting for someone to tell him what to do. If he acted and screwed up he didn't want it to be his fault.


The sonic blast struck the open Warlord, but didn't seem to do much. No matter the frequency, the Warlord was too heavy for the blasts to move. Instead, the Warlord absorbed the shot, growing stronger.

In addition, his eyes are starting to heal faster.

-5% power

Deske Wrote:
Chris directed MT's firepower towards the Warlords head to try and distract the Varanian and allow openings for the team to attack.


Having grabbed his railgun and installed it in his arm, MT locked on to the Warlord's head.

The shot ripped through the air, sending out a sonic blast in it's wake as it rocketed straight for the Warlord's face until...

BANG! the shot struck the Warlord straight between the eyes, sending the Varanian flying backwards and skidding across the ice, leaving an ugly red trail behind.

The Warlord was still for a moment. Then, his fist clenched. The Warlord started pushing himself to his feet, staggering and wobbling as the hole in his head started closing itself up. The more the Warlord healed, and the more hits he absorbed, the more monstrous he started to look. Thick, dark, wiry fur grew from the healed wounds and busted scales. Looking up at MT and Chris, his orb started screaming again and the fired his laser vision at them.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Well, at least one good thing came out of that.” Kolt said, before using the super speed to rush behind the Warlord. ”I learned his regeneration is strong enough that doing this won’t kill him.” He slammed the chain axes into the back of the Varanians neck with as much force as he could muster, trying to sever the spinal cord in order to temporarily immobilize him.
”Hmm. You mean like this?” Quint said, using the tail blade to cut a piece out of the ice beneath them as Kolt dealt what would be a lethal blow on any other opponent. Once he was finished, he stabbed the piece of ice with the tail and held it up to the Predators mouth.


The Predator opened it's mouth, and fired a beam at the block of ice. It glowed white, then shrank until it was gone. "Small and very low density, but that helps."

+10% Power

The Warlord was prepared for it this time. The moment the Predator vanished from view, the Warlord stepped to the side, resulting in the axes missing and going straight into the ice.

-6% Power

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich let everyone else take control while he sat back and worked more passive systems, including the hardlight generator, to try and bolster their defenses.


This came just in time as the Warlord countered with his strongest attack so far: an electrified haymaker, amplified with absorbed kinetic energy straight for the Predator's storage array. The fist slammed hard into Ulrich's shields, sending out shockwaves that shattered the ice beneath them, sending them both beneath the waves.

-40% Power (After consideration, I've determined that shield based powers will act as a trade off. Sort of like using magic to guard your health)

Summary:
Shields: 88% (Recharging: +5%/turn while undamaged)
Power: 47%

Warlord Status: Soaked and cold/getting stronger.

3 turns until allied reinforcements.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:46 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4139
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Stop with the energy attacks. they seem to be working against us." Kol growled mentally, fully intelligible despite not using English. "or use them on breaking up the ice instead. we're watertight and can't freeze, but he's shivering."

as she speaks kol is driving them forward, intending to wrestle the warlord claw to claw, keeping his hands occupied while leaving the back arms and tail open for the others to use.

- - - - -

while the others had been busy brawling, someone, had been systematically dismantling the wrecked ship, using it for both raw material and a place to recharge in between trips to a few coastal rooftops to mount the parts she had been recycling.

they weren't on line yet, but there was now a missile battery, and another MAC, in addition to the emptied one from earlier Talya was currently in the process of moving.

>You're the one called MT right? got something for you
{Driver package received, download?}
>It'll slave the turrets to your targeting computer, they'll boot as soon as they get a signal. i haven't had a chance to reload turret one yet, so it'll be a bit longer.
>not putting them on auto again, the terrain recognition software sucks. this thing waisted most of it's ammo trying to fire through buildings.

_________________
'Lard of The Rings' is probably the most entertaining typo I've ever read.

Characters


Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:27 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 77  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CyberDragon and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.