Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil 
Game Master

Post Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil
GrimD@rk8290 Wrote:
The dragonite gave Hagane a respecctful, albeit slight nod. "Thank you, Hagane." He said his name with an air of respect rarely showed to anyone else.

"Is it too early to train the recruits or do you have something else in mind?" Lance asked, his eyes seeming to take a quick glance at Luke particular though he seemed ready to train many of the new recruits.

"It's getting quite late today. Might want to start them tomorrow. After all, we're having dinner right after the tour, and it isn't a good idea to do a great deal of exercise right after eating. Today we celebrate their initiation!"

Leafolawl Wrote:
The rockruff perks at the mention of continued construction, tilting his head curiously. "Construction's ongoing? What's left to be added?" He asks, following Hagane's prompt.

"A few things. For example, we are building an observatory on the top floor that has yet to be completed. Also, our resident Rotom decided to set up a lab on the third floor. It's still being built."

Deske Wrote:
T turned slightly towards Kimera as the tour ended, "I don't think that Umbreon likes me too much..."

"Atum's smart. He probably suspects you're a thief. Dad on the other hand knows you're a thief. I think he wants to know you as a person before judging though..."

Buster Wrote:
It's not a sliding scale. other people being worse at it doesn't make 'less bad' into 'good'. Rose grumbles to herself, before listening to Kim's attempt, letting out a quick almost choked sounding laugh and sarcastically quipping, "and here I thought they just like keeping around a few spares."

Baja however went a different direction with it, "Wait, like how dad can slash through lots of stuff easy with his claws?!"

"That's not a superpower, that's just because he's old enough to know how to hone them properly." Rose comments with an eye-roll before switching gears. adding, "A superpower would be more like how he can take a nap in the snow and not freeze."

"I thought you said that was because dad was fat."

"Well, I mean that ninetales live, like, a really really long time. Like, a thousand years or something. And their tails are why they live that long. That kind of thing."

Buster Wrote:
Baja absently comments "Well rosie doesn't like muddy hugs and always makes me clean it off before we go back inside..." Baja comments looking herself over, confused "Do i still have muddy spots?"

"No, but..." Kimera thought for a moment. "Maybe he just brushed his fur, and didn't want it messed up? I bet those tails take forever to keep tidy."

Legotron123 Wrote:
Luke got rather excited by Lance mentioning training, but was distracted when Kim mentioned a Ninetales. Using Quick Attack, he rushed over to the group. ”Did you guys meet my dad!? He’s super cool, isn’t he?!”

Kimera nearly launched a Bullet Punch out of reflex, but restrained himself long enough to realize it was just Luke. "Yeah, he's cool. There was a bit of trouble though. Dad fixed it."

Leafolawl Wrote:
Chailyn looks across them, then nods slowly. "... I'll take you all back through and explain anything you missed from the tour. I'll be sure to help with any questions not answered here, later." The gloom then turns back to watch over everyone.

"Thanks, Miss Chailyn! I'm going to show my friend around after dinner, though." Kimera said, referring to T.

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:35 pm

CyberDragon Wrote:
Leafolawl Wrote:
The rockruff perks at the mention of continued construction, tilting his head curiously. "Construction's ongoing? What's left to be added?" He asks, following Hagane's prompt.

"A few things. For example, we are building an observatory on the top floor that has yet to be completed. Also, our resident Rotom decided to set up a lab on the third floor. It's still being built."

A brief addition on what Hagane said was made by the second in command. “they currently are out on a mission to secure parts he needs for his experiments once the lab is ready.”

Buster Wrote:
It's not a sliding scale. other people being worse at it doesn't make 'less bad' into 'good'. Rose grumbles to herself, before listening to Kim's attempt, letting out a quick almost choked sounding laugh and sarcastically quipping, "and here I thought they just like keeping around a few spares."

Baja however went a different direction with it, "Wait, like how dad can slash through lots of stuff easy with his claws?!"

"That's not a superpower, that's just because he's old enough to know how to hone them properly." Rose comments with an eye-roll before switching gears. adding, "A superpower would be more like how he can take a nap in the snow and not freeze."

[quote=“CyberDragon”]
Buster Wrote:
Baja absently comments "Well rosie doesn't like muddy hugs and always makes me clean it off before we go back inside..." Baja comments looking herself over, confused "Do i still have muddy spots?"

"No, but..." Kimera thought for a moment. "Maybe he just brushed his fur, and didn't want it messed up? I bet those tails take forever to keep tidy."

Scallop chuckles a bit at the thought of Alan taking time away from cooking just to rub a brush on his many tails. The mental image very amusing.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Luke got rather excited by Lance mentioning training, but was distracted when Kim mentioned a Ninetales. Using Quick Attack, he rushed over to the group. ”Did you guys meet my dad!? He’s super cool, isn’t he?!”

Luke might calm down or possibly get even more excited by Scallop’s reaction, his sharp shell rather close to the pooch’s muzzle... “Luke! Don’t do that! You know I scare easy!”

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:11 pm

Luke looked a little mareepish over the Oshawatts admonishment, recognizing that he had done something wrong. ”Sorry Scal. I’m just so excited about... Wait, one of you touched my dad’s tails?!?” He said, his tone turning from apologetic to shocked and vaguely upset. ”But that’s like, really really bad! Who would be stupid enough to do something like that?!?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:14 pm

"Perhaps we can just be thankful Alan is a well composed member of his species," Chailyn chimes in with. "And, perhaps, we could have a conversation with him later. The more important thing right now is for you to all focus on getting to know your fellow explorers, and not just the facilities provided. You'll be working with everyone, in one way or another."

-----

Einar, noticing a bit more dispersion in the tour group, steps towards the guild master. "Is now a good time for a more... sensitive question?" he leads with in a hushed voice, glancing back towards the others in the hopes it's going unnoticed by them.

SoujiTheFox Wrote:
(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR

Why do I still find this funny?

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:15 am

"Yeah well if he could stop glaring at me whenever I'm around. I know he doesn't have any proof..." T huffed.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:53 am
Game Master

After taking a moment to calm down, the sisters are back with the group as it starts moving again, though rose is eying Luke warily still.

CyberDragon Wrote:
"Well, I mean that ninetales live, like, a really really long time. Like, a thousand years or something. And their tails are why they live that long. That kind of thing."

Getting a hopeful look as Chailyn starts leading the group, Baja asks "Um... Do you think he'd let me help? Mom says i'm really good with a brush when i help her..." trailing off as her train of thought is interrupted by another member of the group.

Rose giving an exasperated sigh, and reminding herself that she'll need to have a chat with her childish sibling the next time they have a moment alone, as both of their attentions turn to luke. Not that Rose's wasn't already there.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”But that’s like, really really bad! Who would be stupid enough to do something like that?!?
"Quit being a meanie!" Baja complains growling and thumping luke on the top of the head with the hook of her tail.

Characters

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:25 am

It didn’t take a genius to figure out from her reaction that Baja was the stupid person in question, so Luke focused his ire on her. ”Well it’s true!” He said, with all the maturity one would expect from an eight year old. ”Why else would you grab my Dad’s tail without his permission?! Don’t you know how dangerous that is to both you and him?!?”

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:14 pm
Game Master

"They're. Fluffy. and fluffies. are meant. to be MINE!" Baja is getting angry now, raising a paw, claws extended as if she's about to slash with it, before Rose steps over and holds the paw that's still down to the ground, drawing attention to the dark energy coating the claws on that one but not the raised one. It's a Feint and she just interrupting the attack before it could start.

"Blue, if you can get her to even acknowledge the concept, you deserve a medal." she snarks before bringing a paw up and making a point of fixing him with a death glare. "and don't go insulting my sister around me. I don't care if you have an excuse."

Nudging her sister away towards the opposite side of the group, rose can be heard making a placating comment about shopping for new plushies after they're done here, and Baja's personality just 180s from hostile back to ditz.

Characters

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 pm
Game Master

Deske Wrote:
"Yeah well if he could stop glaring at me whenever I'm around. I know he doesn't have any proof..." T huffed.

"You could also act less suspicious, you know. You are supposed to be here." Kimera suggested.

- - - - -

Leafolawl Wrote:
Einar, noticing a bit more dispersion in the tour group, steps towards the guild master. "Is now a good time for a more... sensitive question?" he leads with in a hushed voice, glancing back towards the others in the hopes it's going unnoticed by them.

Give me a moment... Hagane said telepathically, figuring that would be the best way to talk about something sensitive.

Legotron123 Wrote:
It didn’t take a genius to figure out from her reaction that Baja was the stupid person in question, so Luke focused his ire on her. ”Well it’s true!” He said, with all the maturity one would expect from an eight year old. ”Why else would you grab my Dad’s tail without his permission?! Don’t you know how dangerous that is to both you and him?!?”

Buster Wrote:
"They're. Fluffy. and fluffies. are meant. to be MINE!" Baja is getting angry now, raising a paw, claws extended as if she's about to slash with it, before Rose steps over and holds the paw that's still down to the ground, drawing attention to the dark energy coating the claws on that one but not the raised one. It's a Feint and she just interrupting the attack before it could start.

"Blue, if you can get her to even acknowledge the concept, you deserve a medal." she snarks before bringing a paw up and making a point of fixing him with a death glare. "and don't go insulting my sister around me. I don't care if you have an excuse."

Nudging her sister away towards the opposite side of the group, rose can be heard making a placating comment about shopping for new plushies after they're done here, and Baja's personality just 180s from hostile back to ditz.

"ANYONE STARTING A FIGHT HAD BETTER BE PREPARED TO FIGHT ME FIRST!" Hagane shouted with startling volume and ferocity.

Sorry about that. Now... What was it you wanted to ask? he telepathically started talking to the Rockruff again.

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:17 pm

"Yeah well, it doesn't feel like it and I usually don't stay in places where I don't feel like I belong for this long. It just makes me nervous. And now these two are about to fight over something dumb..." T shifted uncomfortably at all of the tension, as if to emphasize his point. He jumps slightly as Hagane enters the room and proceeds to shout everyone into submission, "I wouldn't have to worry about being caught in the crossfire if I'd just gonna after that Chikorita's oran's...."

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:36 pm

Chailyn looks around with concern, then smiles as an idea strikes. "Well, this may make my [Kindness Forward] recruit aid program take a bit longer to get back around, the gloom says, then turns and slowly starts to walk towards the stairs down.

---

Einar once again briefly tenses at the lucario's voice speaking to him in his head... but takes a deep breath to collect himself. <In my reading on how the Exploration Society works, I've never once come across anything about recruitment quotas... and this is a lot of recruits to get so suddenly. I just want to know, as all recruiting needs approval, is the shortness of staff the construction work,> he begins, looking up briefly, <... or is it something more pressing that demands attention?> he finishes, turning his curious gaze towards the guild master.

<I don't really want details. I just... am curious what made such a large recruitment needed for explorers as decorated and capable as yourselves.>

SoujiTheFox Wrote:
(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR

Why do I still find this funny?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:51 am

CyberDragon Wrote:
"ANYONE STARTING A FIGHT HAD BETTER BE PREPARED TO FIGHT ME FIRST!" Hagane shouted with startling volume and ferocity.

Sorry about that. Now... What was it you wanted to ask? he telepathically started talking to the Rockruff again.

CyberDragon Wrote:
Deske Wrote:

"You could also act less suspicious, you know. You are supposed to be here." Kimera suggested.

Deske Wrote:
"Yeah well, it doesn't feel like it and I usually don't stay in places where I don't feel like I belong for this long. It just makes me nervous. And now these two are about to fight over something dumb..." T shifted uncomfortably at all of the tension, as if to emphasize his point. He jumps slightly as Hagane enters the room and proceeds to shout everyone into submission, "I wouldn't have to worry about being caught in the crossfire if I'd just gonna after that Chikorita's oran's...."

Hagane would note a little voice chime in his head, “I’m mildly surprised that you’re the one to blow up at a recruit. If we were still green, there’s a good chance your mega stone would have reacted to that.” Hagane would see the Umbreon yawn and stretch. ”we’ll just need to assign someone to mentor the liepard, we’ve seen dumber than even her become successful, might have Luke’s father talk with him if you feel the pup was equally in the wrong.”

He began walking up to Kimera and T, amused by the fact that T hadn’t noticed him approach. “...oran’s huh? I’d personally see if I could lift off something with a bit more worth to it, that chik’s mother could learn to teach her daughter to be more careful handling her things” He started to rub the pup’s head a bit. “of course, I probably shouldn’t be giving ideas to a thief as green as you huh?” He gave a look to Kimera “your father know? If he’s vetted for him, I’ll let what I heard slide”

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:34 am

T groaned and planted his head on the floor as the Umbreon showed up, "It's not that I haven't thought about it. I just don't want to do it. Everyone notices something valuable go missing, but not too many will really go after you if it's just a berry or two. I usually don't even try and sneak around in the day, but you weren't the only one who's stores had been washed out." He said, unconsciously leaning into the Umbreon as he began to rub his head, feeling ever so slightly more at ease.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:55 am

Deske Wrote:
T groaned and planted his head on the floor as the Umbreon showed up, "It's not that I haven't thought about it. I just don't want to do it. Everyone notices something valuable go missing, but not too many will really go after you if it's just a berry or two. I usually don't even try and sneak around in the day, but you weren't the only one who's stores had been washed out." He said, unconsciously leaning into the Umbreon as he began to rub his head, feeling ever so slightly more at ease.

Atum used his claws a bit to scratch T’s ears... the intrigue at what the pup had mentioned led to his next question. “Oh? Are you saying you only steal so you can get food, or are you informing me that you’ve noticed someone else is taking food from unsuspecting folk?”

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:00 pm
Game Master

"Uh, if you're having food problems, send a runner east, you'll find a big apple orchard run by a Purgly about a day from here. Dad's always looking for new customers, and last I checked Jewl was looking for a good spot to set up a stall to sell from." a certain totally-not-eavesdropping cat chimes in.

Characters

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:27 pm

"Only to eat. S'why I gave the berries back to Kimera; others have to eat too and I'm not going to take that away from them. Flooding wasn't nice to my home, but you have more you need to feed," T explained, enjoying the sensation of having his ears scratched.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3