• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
HousepetZ: Survivor Tails 

Post Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Don't sweat it Sean. The story will be ready when it's ready and that's okay. Good luck with your IRL stuff, I hope it doesn't give you much trouble :)

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master

Nathan Kerbonaut Wrote:
Don't sweat it Sean. The story will be ready when it's ready and that's okay. Good luck with your IRL stuff, I hope it doesn't give you much trouble :)

Thanks :) Eh it's mostly working on reviews and my novels (along with some clearing of my thoughts...trying to get back into my happy place and be a happy werewolf again).

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:14 pm
Profile WWW

Isn't it a requirement of being a werewolf that you need to be grumpy and have bloodlust all the time? :lol:

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:21 pm
Game Master

Amazee Dayzee Wrote:
Isn't it a requirement of being a werewolf that you need to be grumpy and have bloodlust all the time? :lol:

Depends on which werewolf you're talking about :) For me, I prefer cups of tea and soda and being a happy wolfy :)

Speaking of bloodlust, just for future reference, here's the list of whos alive and dead in HousepetZ (Feel free to remind me if I forgot anyone):

DEAD:
Pete The Gryphon
Sasha(or is she?)
Fox
Rufus
Simon Milton

ALIVE:
Peanut
Grape
Duchess
Rex
Bino
King
Bailey
Olive
Rook
Ace
The Wolves Pack
Keene Milton
Daisy
Pit Milton
The-Other-Milton-Whose-Name-I'm-Blanking-On
Tiger
Zach
Spirit Dragon
Mungo
Kevin
Lana
Jata
Duke Milton

MISSING:
Tarot

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Game Master

OK, after recollecting myself (had to step away from writing to prevent burnout) and giving it some thought, the next arc WON'T be '48 Hours In The Gardens' and will be, instead, 'Bat Out Of The Netherworld 2'. The '48 Hours' arc is being pushed to a later date as I think I want to do more with Custom Ink as a villain instead of what I originally planned. Plus, I was honestly having Bat 2 on the mind more than the 48 hours one hehe. Hopefully, I should have the first chapter or so ready by Sunday, but no promises.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master

HousepetZ: Bat Out Of The Netherworld II
Chapter 1: Into The Fire

It was a peaceful Thursday afternoon and Mungo had spent a good portion of the day at the local range, getting some usage with his double-barrel. With nothing else planned for the day, he hoped to return home and chill for a bit before seeing if his girlfriend Elena wants to go out for dinner that evening. With the wind in his fur and the freedom of the open road before him, Mungo road his custom motorcycle that he built along side Poncho one weekend. As he rode down the road and stopped at a stop-sign, he was looking about to see if any other vehicles were coming when he heard something odd coming down the nearby road. It sounded like wind at first but there was an almost vocal tone to it. His curiosity getting the best of him, he detoured to the left and followed the sound. Something about it was just giving him chills and, for some reason, making him angry. Some reason he knew he recognize the sound but, for the life of him, he couldn't figure out why. Maybe it reminded him of a stormy night when his house lost power while he was in the middle of a game. Maybe it reminded him of someone from his past he'd soon rather forget. Whatever the case was, he just had to know what this sound was and why it was making him angry.

"How long do you think its been here?" Cerberus asked as she leaned up against a nearby tree.
"Probably a few weeks now, judging by the size," Anubis said as he was looking about. In the middle of the nearby woods, where the Opener Cult used to reside, both Anubis and Cerberus were visiting the place and checking it out, just to see if the place could be converted to a campground for students and the like. However, when they arrived earlier, while the location and buildings were fine (they just needed to remove the walls and flood lights), in the middle of the compound was something they were familiar with but hadn't seen since the zombie apocalypse. In the middle of the compound was a red, glowing portal that led to only one place: The Netherworld. However, there was something odd about this portal in particular, much to the confusement of both Anubis and Cereberus. Normally, these portals can only be made by either a Celestial or Eudoant. However, Eudoant was still dead and The Forgotten had been wiped from existence (thanks to the efforts of Zach when he was up in Asgard) and, other then Sekhmet, Dragon, and Zodd, no one else can form these portals so this was both confusing and concerning to both of them.
"Wonder how she did it," Anubis then said, crossing his arms as he did, "Fooled everyone and, when the time was right, created this portal here. Makes you wonder if she had this as a back up." Cerberus shrugged, "Knowing her, she probably did, so I wouldn't put it past her. But now that begs the question: What's stopping her from creating another one if you close this?"
"Hard telling. I could spend an eternity closing these and she could...you hear something?" Anubis suddenly asked as a rumbling sound suddenly began to fill the air, with Cerberus hearing it too. At first thinking it was coming from the portal, they were all relieved when they saw what it belonged to as, coming down the trail, was Mungo on his bike.
"Mungo!" Cerberus shouted, "What brings you here?" Parking the bike and hopping off, Mungo replied, "I was coming back from the range and I heard some odd noise a while ago..." his eyes quickly spotted the portal as he was walking towards the two, "And now I see where it was coming from. What is it?"
"It's a Netherworld Portal," Cerberus answered as Mungo walked over to it, "It leads straight down to the Netherworld. They can only be formed by us Celestials...but this one is different."
"Why's that?" Mungo asked as he causally kicked a stone into the portal. Anubis chimed in to answer, "Because none of us created this one. Me and Cerby here..." He was suddenly shushed by Mungo who asked him if he heard that just now. Wondering what he meant, both he and Cerberus walked up to the portal and listened for a bit. While nothing odd happened at first and the only sound was the same humming sound, there was soon another one that occured: A laughter that was almost feminine.
"Th-that sounded like laughter?" Anubis said as he leaned back from the portal, thoroughly confused, "I don't recognize it." Cerberus, however, did as her faces were sporting both a look of confusion and bewilderment, "I recognize that laughter. It..Mungo, what are you doing?" Before she could even said who it was, her other head spotted Mungo walking back to his bike and grabbing his double-barreled shotgun. Walking back to the portal and the two Celestials, he looks into the portal and growls. "It's Sasha. Somehow, that dog is still alive," he gripped the gun tighter, "And I'm going in there to..."
"Mungo wait," Cerberus quickly said, "Yes, Sasha IS alive but how, we don't know. However, what's important is that if she IS still alive and living down there? Then she will have some advantages over you. If you die in the Netherworld...you will NOT be able to leave." Mungo, however, wasn't worried as he looked at Cerberus and said, "The only one who'll be doing the dying is Sasha and the only thing I'll be doing is walking out of there with a smile on my face and a joy in my step." Cerberus, however, was still worried for his life. She knew the power that resided within Mungo as she saw it first hand, but that was here on Earth. If he does go there, she thought, then I fear this may be the end of the road for him. But before she could even say anything else, Anubis suddenly shouted for Mungo, who turned to face him to see what he wanted. While he shared the same feelings about what Mungo was going to do like Cerberus, he also knew that there was no stopping Mungo. With a sigh, he first snapped his finger, "Your shotgun won't ever have to be reloaded ever again, just the empty shells ejected," he said before tossing him something else, something that took Mungo by surprise: A chainsaw.
"I noticed your bandoleer so I'd figured you would want a melee weapon," Anubis explained, "Like the shotgun, it won't empty of fuel so...chop away..." Mungo nodded and looked back at Cerberus. "If, for whatever reason I don't make it out...watch over Elena for me, would ya?" Mungo asked her, Cerberus nodding in silent before watching Mungo take a few steps back before running and leaping into the portal. After a few seconds, Mungo dropped out of the sky and landed, feet first, onto the ground below. He had arrived in the Netherworld and, much to his amusement, there was already a welcoming party waiting for him. A welcoming party consisting of various creatures all ready to tear him into pieces. However, Mungo just smiled and, revving the chainsaw, he charged the horde before him as a familiar phrase was running, once again, through his head as he gloriously sliced the Nether's creatures to shread: "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry...Rip and tear, until it is done." And that was exactly what he was going to do: Rip and tear until he reached Sasha then rip and tear some more. Mungo was a dog on a mission and nothing was going to stop him. Unbeknownest to him, however, he was being watched from afar for, in the remains of Eudoant's Tower, a familiar female dog stood there, staring into a palantír and watching Mungo as he took out her minions. "Come to me, my little lost doggy. For the last few grains of sands are now ready to fall and your time as a foolish mortal is coming to an end," she hissed, the red sun lighting up her once shiny but now grimy white fur, the heart on her leg now nothing more then a faded memory of a life she once lived.

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:18 pm
Profile WWW

Man, Sash' is like the FNaF franchise; just when you think she's done, she comes back for another round.
SeanWolf Wrote:
DEAD:
Rufus

Wasn't he already dead?

Great job on this chapter by the way! Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:29 pm
Game Master

FoxyBoi Wrote:
Man, Sash' is like the FNaF franchise; just when you think she's done, she comes back for another round.
SeanWolf Wrote:
DEAD:
Rufus

Wasn't he already dead?

Great job on this chapter by the way! Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Yeah he was. Just figured I'd pop his name there for consistency :) And thanks! Honestly feels great working on this again after not working on it for a bit!

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:38 pm
Profile WWW

SeanWolf Wrote:
:) And thanks! Honestly feels great working on this again after not working on it for a bit!

You're welcome man!

John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:39 pm

Go get ‘er Mungo! Great job on this chapter! Throughout the series, you’ve done a great job of making two of the (IMHO) sweetest characters is the canon (Sasha and Custom Ink) into hateable, ruthless villains. I look forward to reading more of Mungo versus Sasha.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:32 am
Game Master

trekkie Wrote:
Go get ‘er Mungo! Great job on this chapter! Throughout the series, you’ve done a great job of making two of the (IMHO) sweetest characters is the canon (Sasha and Custom Ink) into hateable, ruthless villains. I look forward to reading more of Mungo versus Sasha.

heh I did make them hateable villains, didn't I :twisted: And I'm happy you enjoyed the chapter!

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:35 am
Profile WWW

I really do think that this chapter has come out really awesome! I can't wait to see Sasha throw Mungo in the mud face first multiple times like he did to her. xD

Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:42 pm
Game Master

Amazee Dayzee Wrote:
I really do think that this chapter has come out really awesome! I can't wait to see Sasha throw Mungo in the mud face first multiple times like he did to her. xD

;)

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:00 pm
Profile WWW

Yay that means it gonna happen! :mrgreen:

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:01 pm
Game Master

Amazee Dayzee Wrote:
Yay that means it gonna happen! :mrgreen:

heh Well, much to my surprise, I found a way to make that scene work and make sense so yeah!

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:12 pm
Profile WWW

Awesome chapter Sean! The last Netherworld arc was one of my favorites. What can I say I'm very excited :D

Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master

Nathan Kerbonaut Wrote:
Awesome chapter Sean! The last Netherworld arc was one of my favorites. What can I say I'm very excited :D

Thanks! I'll be honest and say that I do have an idea for a potential 'Bat Out Of The Netherworld III' but it all depends on where I take the story of HousepetZ from here :)

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:32 am
Profile WWW

If it involves Mungo getting covered in more stuff or hit in the face with pastries I say go for it. XD

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26