HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Finally somebody gets hit in the face with a pie! Now I can shut up about it! :mrgreen: Great chapter by the way. HE LIVES!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Finally somebody gets hit in the face with a pie! Now I can shut up about it! :mrgreen: Great chapter by the way. HE LIVES!
Glad you enjoyed!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I saw we make Mungo getting pied by random situations a running gag. :twisted:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I saw we make Mungo getting pied by random situations a running gag. :twisted:
Depends :) Next arc is all planned out (It's taking inspirations from two of my favorite horror media: A horror animated short on YouTube and a horror FPS video game that came out two years ago) and I don't have any plans for Mungo at the moment.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So you mean Mungo isn't gonna try to go after Sasha to avenge Fox? That seems like a waste but you seem to know what you are doing so I'll just follow along with whatever you write next.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So you mean Mungo isn't gonna try to go after Sasha to avenge Fox? That seems like a waste but you seem to know what you are doing so I'll just follow along with whatever you write next.
He will have another confrontation with Sasha soon, but not in the next two arcs which are already set in stone, with the one after 'Backwater Nightmare' will be probably the most action-packed (Cerberus will be the star). The three arcs afterwards, however, I'm still working on and finalizing but I can confirm there'll be a confrontation between both him and Sasha as I've been thinking about ways to clear up that plot-thread in a way that is not only redeeming for Mungo, but a satisfying conclusion too (I will NOT be killing off Mungo, before you ask). But yeah, I when I do these arcs, I create a notepad document, then I come up with a name for an arc, followed by who will be in it. That is followed by what the main plot is going to be, along with any major moments I need to include. This is then followed by what the Stinger (ending) will be, along with a Epilogue if I want to do one. Even then, I'm always changing the plot around as one day I may want to do it like this and the next I want to do it a different way.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Nice job concluding this arc, there's a lot of stuff I really enjoyed. Zach overcoming his fears and obliterating The Forgotten with two hammers was just awesome :D And aww he's gonna marry Jessica <3

Looking forward to whatever comes next!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Cool, I like both Max and Cerberus, so I’m looking forward to the next two arcs, as well as Mungo’s showdown with Sasha.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as the confrontation with Sasha doesn't involve ME Elena dying then I guess I am game.

Also here is a question: what's up with the cowboy look? Sasha is sporting it and Cthulu is also dressed as one. Will there be an ACTUAL cowboy? Or can you make Mungo dress up as one? :P
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:As long as the confrontation with Sasha doesn't involve ME Elena dying then I guess I am game.

Also here is a question: what's up with the cowboy look? Sasha is sporting it and Cthulu is also dressed as one. Will there be an ACTUAL cowboy? Or can you make Mungo dress up as one? :P
OK, the Cowboy look was just something I chose randomly :) I couldn't think of any other type of outfit that one could consider dangerous (The other term being the name of a Danny Trejo trilogy of films). As for an ACTUAL cowboy...if I do a arc that explores the past of one character, maybe, but it all depends.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Just wanted to say that the remaining arcs (five left) are mapped out and ready to go! I can also already say I got a 'Season 3' of HousepetZ in the works :) Now jsut to answer a few things:

- The zombies will be making a comeback (I needed to set up the main villains of this season)

- Zach and Jessica will be married off-screen...once Zach returns to Earth from Asgard :)

- King, Bailey, and the pups are safe in Florida (Both Anubis and another guardian are protecting them)

- Mungo and Sasha WILL have a final confrontation

- and, yes...the upcoming Celestial Fenrisúlfr is based on this guy

So, yeah! Stay tuned for 'Backwater Nightmare' (Which is inspired by the horror short Backwater Gospel and Resident Evil 7)!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sounds good, looking forward to reading them.
Last edited by trekkie on Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Nathan Kerbonaut

That's a lot to look forward to! This story keeps on going :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:That's a lot to look forward to! This story keeps on going :D
Yep! Thanks to writing my novel, I got that urge to just keep writing! Plus, I got tons of great ideas for this fic, I can easily seeing continuing for a good bit more!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You forgot to add something else that will happen in the fic.

Mungo getting attacked by more pies. :mrgreen:

But seriously, I do look forward to whatever you are gonna write. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You forgot to add something else that will happen in the fic.

Mungo getting attacked by more pies. :mrgreen:

But seriously, I do look forward to whatever you are gonna write. XD
D'awww thanks :D Just to tease, but the next arc will drop a little bombshell and sets up the 'Mungo Vs Sasha' arc that is to come later.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

As long as Max and Grape get through the next arc okay, I’ll be happy.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:As long as Max and Grape get through the next arc okay, I’ll be happy.
I have no intentions of killing either of them off.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote:
Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:That's a lot to look forward to! This story keeps on going :D
Yep! Thanks to writing my novel, I got that urge to just keep writing! Plus, I got tons of great ideas for this fic, I can easily seeing continuing for a good bit more!
Excellent ... but tell us a little about the novel sometime.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Backwater Nightmare
Prologue

*click*
YOU-HAVE-ONE-UNHEARD-MESSAGE
*boop*
FIRST-UNHEARD-MESSAGE
Max! Why don't you ever pick up your phone! I'm hiding in the closet of that house we found last week...and I am currently being held here by some crazy people! I don't know who they are or why they want me but these people grabbed me off the street, saying I "Will be perfect for The Family". I'm scared out of my mind and...
*tapping*
...Crap...
*soft walking sounds*
...OK, I think I'm safe....
*sounds of a door opening..."Who do you think you are talking to, Grape?"*
*scuffle sounds and screams*
*Ain't no one coming to rescue you!*
MAX HELP! I'M AT THAT OLD HOUSE YOU AND I FOUND A FEW WEEKS AGO IN THE WOODS!....
*get your paws off of me!*
*Put her back in her room and ready the gift, Ma!*
*click*

Max dropped the phone in horror and anger. Whoever had his Grape was at that old, creepy house both he and Grape came across few weeks back on one of their walks. After texting the babysitter to check on their son Grapenut, Max sprinted back to the woods, all the while thinking about the last thing he heard on the message: Who was this 'Family' and what was this 'gift'?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really like what you started with this chapter! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Creepy. I'm scared and excited for the next arc. :shock:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Ooh. That is unsettling. I’ll say again that I love the fact that they named their kitten Grapenut. Good job!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Just an update: Like with the previous few arcs, this will be a short arc (4-6 chapters) but each chapter will be pretty long in length. Reason I haven't done much in the way of working on these fics is because I've been busy with real life and plotting the entirety of HousepetZ out, including what goes on within each arcs chapter, hence why there is usually a lull between releases. Hopefully, I can combat this when I get to HousepetZ Season 3 (which is going to delve deeper into the lore of this series, along with a few surprises) as I hate making y'all wait this long for stories :)

Oh, I'll be nice :) The Mungo VS Sasha arc is going to be entitled: FISTS OF THE K9 HERO
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I like the title of the Mungo/Sasha showdown. No problem with the waiting, your stories are worth the wait.

Nathan Kerbonaut

Good things are worth waiting for. I don't mind it at all, find the balance that's best for you. Best of luck with irl stuff :)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Good things are worth waiting for. I don't mind it at all, find the balance that's best for you. Best of luck with irl stuff :)
Thanks :) It's basically getting my mind back on track and catching up on a few things.
trekkie wrote:I like the title of the Mungo/Sasha showdown. No problem with the waiting, your stories are worth the wait.
Thanks! Title is both a sly reference to 'Fists Of The North Star' and...something that will happen in the arc.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Mungo punching Sasha in the face after he attacks him with pies? :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Creepy. I'm scared and excited for the next arc. :shock:

Terrified phonecall interruptions are always certifiable "grabbers".
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 1: Welcome To The Family

"OK, if I'm going to go and rescue Grape from, hopefully not the Sawyer clan...I need something to defend myself. Got some cash so....gun store it is!" Max thought as he headed into town to stop at the local gun store. Earlier, he got a message from Grape that pretty much confirmed his worst fears about what had happened to Grape and now he was ready to go and be the hero she needs! The only problem? He never actually DID much in the way of hero-ing before. Most he did was when the first zombie apocalypse happened but he mostly stayed at the mansion with Grape and napped the apocalypse away. But now? Now he had to actually do something and rescue his lovely Grape, which involved him going into a potentially dangerous area. To say he was scared would be an understatement to rival all understatements that had came before. However he did realize that, if he was to survive at all, he would need some sort of weapon and he figured a gun would do the trick. But what caliber? .22? 9mm? .45 ACP? .50 BMG? So many options. "Well," he thought as he arrived at Guns 4 U, "I guess the best bet would be to go with a small revolver." Entering the store, he wasn't too surprised to see it was pretty quiet today, as gun stores aren't usually busy unless there's some epidemic going on. Looking around briefly, he was surprised at the vast selection of weapons one could buy at this store, ranging from AK-74s, M16A1s, HK G36Cs, .50 Caliber Rifles, even a M202 FLASH Rocket Launcher. To say it was incredible would be a major undersell and while most of the selection was tempting (The M60 being the most tempting), Max knew he needed something simple to defend himself so, walking up to the counter, he placed a paw on it and waited for someone to come assist him.
"Yes...Max!" the clerk said. To Max's surprise, it was Elaine, the wife of infamous 'Four Finger Discount' Jack, who was someone Max hasn't seen in years oddly.
"Elaine!" Max said in surprise, "Didn't fancy seeing you here! How's Jack?" Elaine just shrugged and replied "I dunno. I haven't actually seen him since that zombie apocalypse stuff some years back." Max thought that he either ran off or got himself killed somehow so he just nodded before Elaine asked him what brought him to her little store. "Well...I need something to defend myself," he explained, "See...me and Grape found a weird little abandoned house in the woods and...well it wasn't abandoned as Grape is now being held there hostage by someone. I rather not get the cops involved as that would end up turning the place into a bloodbath...so I'm going there to rescue her and..."
"Say no more," Elaine replied, "I understand, Max. Heck, I'd do the same thing if one of my family members was being held hostage. Mind you, I'd be going all feral on them if I was in your shoes, but that's just me." She laughed and Max gave a slight, but worried, chuckle as Elaine leaned down, grabbed a weapon, and placed it in front of Max. "Here, a SP101: A double-action revolver. Can use either .22, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, or 9x19mm. This one has a five round cylinder so you got plenty of rounds to use in case your rescue goes sideways." As she spoke, Max picked up the gun and started to inspect it as Elaine explained how to load it by "Pull that lever by your thumb then load the rounds into those holes and push it back into the gun. Just don't snap it shut as that can break the rod. Now, what rounds would you like?" Max thought for a bit. He needed something that can be easy for him to handle but has enough stopping power to drop someone. So he said he'll take some .38 Special rounds and Elaine nodded before turning around and grabbing a few boxes of the rounds. She also placed a shoulder holster for the gun on the counter as well.
"Thank you," Max replied after putting the holster on, "How much?"
"Don't worry about the cost," Elaine said with a smile, "Consider this a gift." She then motioned him closer and whispered in his ear with a chuckle "Just don't tell Jack I did this, OK?" before giving him a quick peck on the cheek. Max blushed a bit before saying his thanks and heading out the door. Elaine smiled and chuckled as she pulled her phone out and made a call to one of her friends.
"Hey" she said, "He's heading there now...Don't worry, he doesn't know...OK...Alright, good luck, luv."

It was now evening. The last remaining rays of sun shone through the leaves of the woods as Max made his way to the house that he and Grape saw that one day. It took some time as he was trying to remember the various landmarks they saw when they came through here but, nonetheless, he trudged on as he had but one goal in mind: Rescue his lovely Grape.
"Well...that's new...and a bit messed-up" he thought as he stumbled across something that he knew wasn't there before. Standing before him was an arch that was adorned with the skull of a ram and various other odd trinkets. Knowing that this was probably an omen of things to come, he chose to ignore this oblivious warning and walked on through, passing by other creepy and disturbing markers, including one that almost looked like a skinned deer. Even though he was now officially scared out of his mind, he continued on until he arrived at his destination. Standing behind a now-closed gate was the house that he and Grape stumbled upon during their one walk a few days ago. It was an old, dilapidated two-story house that had seen better days as it looked like it could come down any time. Vines were growing up the house in certain areas and a few of the windows were broken. The once-lovely garden was now riddled with weeds and the walkway was now nothing more then broken tiles.
"Where's Redfield when you need him," Max thought to himself as he opened the rickety gate and began to walk up the pathway, oblivious to the fact that from the house itself, someone was watching him intently. As he made his way up the stairs, the floorboards creaking under him, he took a deep breath before reaching for the door knob, only for it to fall off and hit the ground with a clunk. "Darn" He thought, "Guess I'll need to check for another way in." Walking back down the stairs, Max began to look around the house for some other way in before finding it in the form of the back porch entrance. He reached for the doorknob and, this time, he was able to open the door without it falling off. Breathing a sigh of relief, Max walked in and took in the atmosphere of the hallway, which from the smell alone he could tell lead to the kitchen. But the smell wasn't one of home cooking but of something awful, as Max found out the hard was as he entered the kitchen. Looking around, he was disgusted to see the sink filled with dirty plates and other dishes, with the only ones paying attention to them being the flies. The cupboards were bare and nary had anything worth wild. The table itself was a complete mess, save for a pot that Max knew the smell wasn't coming from it but he was curious as to what was in it. He wished he hadn't, however, as when he opened it and saw what was inside, he quickly closed it as he felt like he was going to hurl from not only the stench but the contents itself. The contents would even made a zombie sick to their stomachs. As the smell became more unbearable, Max quickly left the rotten kitchen and entered another hallway, this time spotting a set of stairs that led up to the top floor.
"Hopefully she's up here," Max thought as he walked up the stairs, the floorboards creaking under his weight. As he arrived at the room at the top, he was saddened to see it barren of any life, though he did noticed someone was here recently as the bed looked to have been used. Thinking it was Grape, he began to inspect the room itself for any clues until he heard something that gave him a jump. It was the sound of floorboards creaking and, at first, he thought it was below him. Until he looked up and realized that the sounds were coming from the attic. But how to get up there was the question on his mind as he looked about for some sort of string but all he found was a button. Thinking that this could be it, he was relived to see it was as a set of stairs leading up to the attic came down and made it's home on the floor in front of him. Taking a deep breath yet again, Max made his way up these new set of stairs and into the dusty attic, hoping to find the source of the extra sounds. But as he inspected, he started to hear what appeared to be whimpering coming from the other side.
"Hello?" He said, "Anyone there?" No response was given, other then more whimpering. Thinking that it may be Grape, he followed the sound to the other side of the attic but, instead of Grape, was surprised to see another cat there. A grey cat, to be specific.
"Hey..." Max softly said as he got closer to the cat, "You OK, buddy?" The cat, whom Max realized was a female, continued to whimper as Max got ever closer to them. But as soon as Max placed a paw on the cat, the whimpering was replaced with growling. The grey cat then slowly stood up as Max began to back away while drawing his gun. Suddenly, the grey cat spun around and hissed violently at Max, which gave him the most horrifying look at them. The cat looked almost like a zombie but it didn't behave like one oddly. But what was even more terrifying was that this zombie seemed sentient as it screamed "YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE!" and lunged towards Max. Yelping, he quickly dove out of the way before refocusing on the grey cat, who leaped up and began hissing again. Somehow, he knew he had to put her down and he had to do it fast. That urgency was soon to be quick as the grey cat quickly found a chainsaw, revved it up, and began to swing it Max violently. Max, in turn, tried his best to avoid the swings until one lucky or unlucky swing from the cat took off a good chunk of his tail. Looking at what remained of his tail, he knew that this cat was far too gone and had to die. Quickly remembering back to the zombie apocalypse years ago and when he was using firearms, he quickly took aim with his gun and pulled the trigger. BLAM...BLAM...BLAM...three shots came flying out. Two hit the chainsaw but one found its home within the grey cats head. The grey cat suddenly stopped in her tracks and fell to the ground, seemingly dead. Max panted for a bit before walking over to the dead cat, weapon still trained on it, to make sure it was indeed dead.
"I'm sorry" he said after seeing she was indeed dead. Standing up, he had a hunch that there might be some more freaks like this in the house and he would need to take extra precaution in looking for Grape. Unfortunately, that was as far as he got for as he turned around, the last thing he saw was someone standing behind him with a raised fist saying "Welcome to the family" before*pow*
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really am enjoying how this is all coming along here and what you are writing! Great job!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Really am enjoying how this is all coming along here and what you are writing! Great job!
THank you! I figured since it's also October, why don't I try to make this a legit spooky arc? Think I pulled it off so far with the descriptions!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good job. This is legitimately spooky, and I look forward to seeing how Grape and Maxwell get out of this situation.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope that they are able to quickly find a way to safety before they all go "Deliverance" on them.
Nathan Kerbonaut

SeanWolf wrote:I figured since it's also October, why don't I try to make this a legit spooky arc? Think I pulled it off so far with the descriptions!
You certainly did. Nice timing with Spooktober ;)
Good luck, Max.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:I figured since it's also October, why don't I try to make this a legit spooky arc? Think I pulled it off so far with the descriptions!
You certainly did. Nice timing with Spooktober ;)
Good luck, Max.
Thanks :) Yeah, Max has his work cut out for him in this arc.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If he starts to hear banjos, he better just RUN.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 2: The House Of The 1000 Corpses Of The Three Rejects

Max groan as he started to come around. The last thing he remembered was someone saying 'Welcome To The Family' but that was it. However, one thing he knew for a fact was that he wasn't ever stuck in one place nor the horrid stench of something rotten. Also, he didn't recall hearing any chewing sounds when he was looking around the house.
"Wake up, sleepy head!" A female sounding voice then chortled as something smacked Max in the face. As his eyes adjusted to the new local and he saw where he was, he started to not only hope that this a nightmare, but that he didn't open his eyes in the first place. For strewn on the table in front of him was a meal not even fit for a zombie. Rotten vegetables, meat infested with flies and maggots, and the horrible undescribale stench lingered in the air. But what disgusted Max the most was that there were three occupants sitting around the table and they were actually ingesting and enjoying the meal! Each one looked human but there was something very off-putting about each one, Max observed while trying to keep his own lunch down. The female looked to be in her fifties, was very dishevled with greasy hair and yellowed teeth, and glassy eyes. Seated directly across from Max was what appeared to be a saint bernard. But if that was the case then it's a wonder it was still alive as the dog had pieces of rotten flesh strewn across its body and maggots had call a hole in its arm their home. It also slobbered as it devoured what appeared to be a arm of sorts. And seated across from the female was male, late fifties, that Max somehow recognized as the man who decked him sometime ago, though he wasn't sure when as he had no clue of the time. He also looked just as bad, if not worst, as the female though he did appeared to be balding pretty badly. All three did share one very common theme: They were busy and messily devouring the filth on the table and enjoying it like a family of sorts.
"Well, aren't you gonna eat, boy?" The man asked as he took a bite out of a leg, "A boy needs his meat to grow up nice and strong!" The other two laughed manically as they messily continued their so-called feast. The dog across from Max then threw a piece of, what Max hoped, meat at him, telling him to dig in, leading to the female to scold him. The older male then stood up and, quite suddenly, took the knife utensil and rammed it into the dog's paw, who in turned yelped then laugh. "Boy, that's gonna sting in the morning!" the dog howled in laughter as the older male walked over to Max and, with a spoonful of the 'soup' that Max recalled seeing earlier that day, held Max's head and said "See what happens when you don't eat? Now, be a good boy and eat what momma made for you..." Max tried to avoid it but it was no use as the disgusting glop soon entered his mouth. The moment it touched his tongue, thankfully, he spat it quickly back out, which caused the female to panic and whine as she screamed "OH HE DOESN'T LIKE IT! I SLAVED IN THE KITCHEN FOR HOURS AND HE DOESN'T APPRECIATE GOOD COOKING!" before running off as the dog rushed after her, screaming that "The cat didn't mean it!" The older male meanwhile, smacked Max and scolded him, saying "Your mamma worked hard on that meal and that doesn't give you the right to reject it! I'll be back to deal with you once I calm mamma down." The older male then left the dinning room in a huff. It was now just Max in the room all by himself with the filth on the table. Still spitting out pieces of the junk in his mouth, he started to think that these 'folks' had something to do with Grape's disappearance and that it was now imperative he find her sooner rather then later. Quickly, thanks to his claws, he started to saw through the ropes that held him to the seat and, in a matter of minutes, he was free to look for Grape and get out of there. There was only one small issue: It seems this 'family' took his gun as it was nowhere on him. In fact, the more he looked around both the dinning room and the nearby living room, he could not find any firearms. He did find a pocket knife, which he muttered a word not usually said by himself as he wondered how just how he was going to protect himself from anything. But it would have to do until he found something more suitable. Leaving the stench of the dinning room behind, he ventured into a nearby hallway and into another room that looked to be some sort of boarded up porch. Though he didn't have long to think as, quite suddenly..."You the owner?" Max quickly looked to his left at a nearby door and breathed a sigh of relief as, standing there at the busted and boarded up door, was a human police officer from Babylon Gardens. Rushing towards the door, Max quickly told the officer "No but you GOT to help me!"
"Sir, please calm down. I heard a gunshot earlier so I'm investigating..." The officer said before Max interrupted and replied "Yeah, that was me! Some crazed cat in here attacked me with a chainsaw and left me no choice! Now, this...this 'family' is holding me here hostage! You GOT to help me!" The officer told Max to calm down and asked if there was any place he could meet him in person. Max thought and told him that he saw a garage on the other side and the officer told Max to meet him there before heading to the garage himself.
"I get the feeling he doesn't believe me" Max thought as he left the area and started to make his way to the garage in question, while making sure not to attract the attention of any of the folks living here. Just like the other rooms, the rest of the building was just as run-down and dilapidated, though not as bad as the outside surprisingly enough. It seemed the folks who lived here focused more on the inside then the outside, though the state of both the kitchen and dinning room left much to be desired. Max soon arrived in the garage to the waiting officer who was waiting there for him, though Max found it weird that the officer kept his hand on his sidearm.
"Officer, please, you got to listen to me..." Max tried to say but the officer told him to calm down and to start from the top. But just as Max was about to do just that, the garage door began to oddly close. "H-how are you doing that?!" The officer began to freak out and Max tried to explain it wasn't him but before the officer could even get one more word in...STLISH! The front end of a shovel soon erupted out of the front of his face, removing the top of his head. Max staggered back in both shock and horror as the lifeless body of the officer dropped to the ground, while the older man from earlier chuckled the remaining bits of the officer's head to the side.
"I told you to stay put, son! Now I have to put you down!" The man growled with laughter as he swung the shovel towards Max. With a yelp, Max dove out of the way, narrowly missing the shovel. Landing next to the officer's corpse, Max quickly grabbed the officer's sidearm and jumped again as the man brought the shovel down in an attempt to bash his brains in. Like with the grey cat before, Max took aim and fired a few rounds. But to his horror, the older man shrugged them off with a laugh as he swung the shovel towards Max again, knocking over a shelf of various things. Max, in turn, dove out of the way again and tried a few more rounds, this time managing to put two into the man's right leg. With a grunt the man dropped and began to struggle to stand up. Max knew this was his chance: He could either run off or kill the older man right here and now. Deciding on the later, recalling that the man somehow ignored a few rounds from earlier, Max quickly looked about and found a set of keys. Grabbing them, he then spotted what looked to be the family's car and got in. Closing the door, he started the engine and revved it a few times before looking up and seeing that the man had vanished? Where did he go? He couldn't have just gotten up as Max was sure he had wounded him in the leg. He didn't have long to think as, quite suddenly, the roof to the car suddenly began to tear off. Standing on top was, indeed, the older man and he was looking the same as when Max first saw him.
"Aww yeah! I'm gonna take you for a ride!" The old man laughed as he grabbed the wheel and, with his foot on the pedal, began to drive the car inside the garage. Max shouted as he kept his own paw on the brakes but soon the car came to a stop. Max looked up, breathing heavily, and heard nothing but laughter coming from the old man as he said "Let's finish this - YOU AND I!" before kicking Max's paw off the brake and smashing the gas. Max screamed as the car launched forward towards the nearby wall. But just as it was about to connect, Max quickly managed to jump out of the car. Just in time too because as soon as he jumped, the car smashed into the wall. Panting and regaining his breath, Max walked over to see if the old man made it and breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the old man's head impaled on a piece of steel.
"Thank goodness that is over," he thought as he grabbed some ammo from the dead officer, along with his ammo pouch, and left the garage. As he was shutting the door, he took one more look at the car and noticed something odd. Suddenly, the old man reappeared and grabbed Max by the throat and pinned him agaisnt the wall. "How did he survive that?!" Max thought and he had hoped not to get an answer, but the old man had other ideas.
"Do I have your attention now, boy? You are about to see something wonderful!" The old man stated before grabbing Max's paw which held the gun and shoving it into his own mouth. The old man then pulled the trigger and Max could only watch as the old man's head exploded into nastiness, covering the already nasty looking walls. Max gasped for air as both he and the now dead old man dropped to the floor.
"What...what the heck was that about?!" Max gasped as he stood himself up and walked away from the body, oblivious to the fact that the old man's head was slowly repairing itself. Making his way down the hallway, he spotted another door and, hoping Grape was in it, opened it up and headed inside. The door led to a set of stairs which led to the basement which, in turn, led to another rather nasty stench, although not as bad as the upstairs. Hanging from the ceiling were the open bodies of pigs that were just beginning to rot which explained where the stench was coming from, although thankfully the smell wasn't too bad. In fact it was actually pretty bearable all things considered. As he stood on the top as he didn't want to travel down any further, Max wondered if Grape was down here, though he had a feeling she wasn't as she would've found a way to escape as she hates rotten smells. Figuring that was the case, Max turned to leave and "Peek-A-Boo!" quickly yelped as he got punched, yet again, and fell backwards into the pit below, landing on the hard concrete. To both Max's horror and surprise, it was the old man! Somehow, he had survived being shot! The old man laughed as he leaped down to Max's level as Max got himself up then turned around and tore away a fence off piece of the room and reached in for something.
"Groovy!" The old man cheered as he pulled out a dual-chainsaw device that somehow behaved like a nasty-looking pair of scissors.
"No, NOT groovy!" Max shouted as he, once again, found himself dodging swing after swing from a chainsaw, this time making sure his tail was also avoiding the attacks. If this old man could survive being shot with a pistol, he thought as narrowly avoided another swing, then he needed something to defend himself and to put this old man out of his misery. Thankfully, he didn't have to look far as, right next to where the chainscissors were placed, he spotted another chainsaw, thankfully not as wild looking as the old mans. Figuring he had nothing else to lose, he quickly ran over and grabbed it, revving it up and bringing up like King Arthur holding Excalibur.
"Alright, old man!" Max growled as he revved the saw, "You wanna fight dirty, you got it!"
"Kitty got guts!" The old man said joyously, "Lets see if you can fight as well as you threaten your new daddy!" With another swing, the old man brought the chainscissors towards Max again, but this time Max was ready as he brought his chainsaw up and deflected the swing. He knew he needed to keep this up until he spotted an opening for which to strike, which was easier said then done as, for his age, the old man was surprisingly very mobile. However, like any mighty fortress that was deemed indestructible, a weakness soon showed itself as when Max dodged another swing, leading to one of the hanging pig corpses to be sliced in half, the old man got the chainscissors stuck in the nearby wall. Realizing this was the moment he needed, Max swung his own chainsaw towards the old man and sliced into his back, spraying something that Max couldn't figure out what it was, other then it wasn't blood. The old man yelped in pain as he got the chainscissors unstuck and violently started to thrash them about, once again getting them stuck, this time to the floor. Figuring it was now or never, Max raised his chainsaw like an ax and brought it down hard on the old man's head, cutting through his body like it was nothing more then an old tree trunk. But as he reached the legs, something unexpected happened: The old man's body began to swell up like a balloon before exploding, sending Max flying backwards into the wall and the chainsaw he had into another wall. Max gasped from the hit as he watched the legs of the old man stumble around before finally dropping motionless to the ground. This time, Max knew better then to leave so he waited to see what would happen next, along with wanted to catch his breath. All that did happen was something shiny rolling out of the pants pocket. Somehow, Max knew the old man was offically dead but what got his attention was the shiny. Walking over and picking it up, he was surprised to see it was a coin but it wasn't any coin he ever saw before. Instead of a famous person, the coin appeared to have some sort of bird on the one side and a dog on the other, both of whom Max thought he had recognized but couldn't place a paw on it. Figuring he would show it to Tarot later to see if she recognizes them, he pockets the coin and heads back up to the main floor of the house, leaving the legs of the old man behind to rot along with the rest of the corpses.

Arriving in the main hall of this house, Max realized he had his work cut out for him if he was to find where Grape was hiding. However, he was impressed with the state of the main hall as it honestly looked better then the rest of the house, surprisingly enough, save for the wear and tear in a few places. It almost looked like one could live there, if it wasn't for the rest of the house and the three, now two, crazy psychos living there. He didn't have long to take the rest of the decor in as, coming from upstairs, he heard what sounded like a moan. Could it be Grape? Taking a deep breath for confidence, Max headed up the stairs to start investagting. Not surprisingly, the rooms were devoid of life, though the one room he could tell Grape was in at one point as the sheets were clawed up and there were noticable claw marks on the wall behind it. As he left the room, he once again heard the moan but something was off about it. It didn't sound like any animal or human he ever heard. He listened for it again but, this time, all heard and saw was a bee buzzing around his head.
"Ah," Max groaned as he tried to swat it away before squishing it with a nearby shoe. As he did, he could've swore he heard a very female-sounding scream coming from outside. Could THAT be Grape, he thought as he ran out of the room and down the stairs. Looking outside from the nearby window, he spotted what looked to be a silhouette in the dilapidated green house and wondered if that was Grape. Figuring he had nothing to lose, he opened the front door and headed towards the green house. He was surprised as he entered the house as not only was it pretty big, but it had a basement to boot, something he never saw in a green house before. Max explored the house, hoping to find Grape or at least that silhouetted figure. But the most he found were just the occasional bug, which whenever he killed one he would hear that same scream from earlier, or dead flowers. As he arrived in the basement, however, that's when his already bad luck that day would really get worse as something then grabbed him by his legs and pulled him down the stairs with a grunt. Standing up, he looks up on the ceiling, as laughter filled the air, to find the female from earlier...somehow crawling around on the ceiling like a bug...
"YOU KILLED MY BUGS AND MY HUSBAND!" she shouted in anguish, "NOW YOU MUST DIE!" With that, she quickly lunged towards Max, narrowly missing as he himself dodged to the right. The female roared and a swarm of flies came out of her arms and raced towards Max, who began to swat at them with anything he could find, knocking some out of the way and squishing others. As he was still a bit frustrated from the earlier fight with the old man and figuring that this female had the same thing he had, Max knew he had to put her down but he wanted to do it on his first try. But first? He needed to get away from these flies. Quickly looking around the room, he spotted a door that lead to a supply room and, figuring he had nothing to lose, bolted for it and slammed the door shut, thanking everything that neither the flies or the woman followed him in.
"LITTLE PIG, LITTLE PIG! LET ME IN!" The female shouted banging on the locked door as Max began to look around for anything he could use to defend himself as the handgun wasn't going to do squat. But all he found were some piping, a nozzle, some cans of some sort of liquid, and, oddly enough, a bike handle. As he looked at the items, an idea came to his head, one he hoped would work. He quickly grabbed the items and, thanks to a random video he recalled watching some time ago, in a few minutes he crafted himself a makeshift flamethrower. Igniting the front-end, he looked towards the door, smiled, and waited.
"WHERE ARE YOU!?" The female roared as the door came down only to scream in horror as she saw Max standing there, with the now burning flamethrower. Cocking his head to the side, he smiled again and squeezed the handle. A fiery stream came flying out and connected with the female, setting her ablaze. The female thrashed and scream as Max held the trigger down, burning not only her but the flies and bees that flew out of her. In no time at all, the female was now nothing more then a charred corpse as Max stood there with the now empty flamethrower, panting.
"Sorry you didn't like the barbecue" he quipped cheekily as he dropped the flamethrower and walked past the corpse, picking up the coin that dropped out of the female's dress, and heading up the stairs back into the main greenhouse. As he reached the door, he noticed something new that he hadn't seen before. On the door, there was a note that read 'YOU KILLED MY FAMILY! NOW YOU AND THE PURPLE ONE WILL DIE! FIND ME OUT BACK' and it was signed Cujo Barker.
"Purple one?" Max thought before realizing that the note meant Grape. Quickly rushing out the door, Max started to run for the back of the house, unsure of what horrors he was going to find or what this Cujo Barker, who Max believed was the saint bernard from the so-called 'dinner' table, had to store for them, but one thing was certain: He had enough of this place and was ready to leave with Grape in tow.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Very good job, this is legitimately spooky and I like Maxwell Macgyvering the flamethrower. Keep up the good work!u

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:Very good job, this is legitimately spooky and I like Maxwell Macgyvering the flamethrower. Keep up the good work!u
Thankies! I'm just impressed I wrote this much!