Headcanons

Discuss the comic here
NHWestoN

Re: Headcanons

Post by NHWestoN »

Hmmm ... if a "Housepet" was elected President, which cast members would be appointed to the Cabinet? Tiger would make a great Press Secretary - every press conference would end in a fist-fight.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Peanut and Tarot will have three pups that are the opposite genders of King and Bailey's pups. Instead of two girls (Olive, Ace) and a boy (Rook), they will have two boys and a girl.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Fox had a goth phase after reading Frankenstein and started scaring everyone by wearing eyeliner and spouting random quotations from Victor Hugo until Bill made him stop.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Peanut at one time wanted to join the K-9s but after an encounter with a nice mailman he decided he wanted to be a mail dog instead.
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
HiraokaNettoMichio

Post by HiraokaNettoMichio »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:54 pm Peanut and Tarot will have three pups that are the opposite genders of King and Bailey's pups. Instead of two girls (Olive, Ace) and a boy (Rook), they will have two boys and a girl.
Thinking that the pups would be named "Hero Sandwich" and "Hoagie Sandwich" for the boys and "Juicy Lucy Sandwich" for the girl.
Friend me on steam for a friendly game of whichever.

Steam Name: Hiraoka Netto Michio
(Username: James77358)
Steam Friend code: 51949146
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Peanut wants to make a TikTok account but Grape hates the app with a passion so he’s very torn on what to do.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Tarot likes to play card games in her spare time.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Tiger sometimes has tea parties with his imaginary friends/stuffed animals and not even Marvin knows about it. Doesn’t matter cuz he wouldn’t be invited anyway.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yelstin has a secret girlfriend who manages to be more masculine and tough that not only him, but Kevin and Mungo.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Max and Bino hate each other because of envy. Max wishes he had Bono’s level of confidence and respect where many pets look up to him. Bino wishes he had a loving relationship and the ability to kick back with a bag of catnip without his social status being damaged.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

For some reason he can't explain, Craig wants to torment King but Kix and Kits rein him in.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bailey and Kix become friends but King remains highly suspicious of Kitsune whom he is certain is up tp some Celestial skullduggery.
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Kate Gelato wasn't transformed because she was never human to start with. She was always a weasel but after finding it hard to get work in TV as an animal she got herself a very expensive but very convincing human costume. The bottom half wasn't as good as the top half and mask but as her job has her sit behind a desk no one noticed. She eventually did get caught out of costume but in a remarkable deus ex machina her luck ran out when a coworker rushed into the breakroom to tell her about humans downtown turning into animals so he assumed she just already been transformed. She just ran with that afterwards.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Aardvark discovers that he and Badger worked for the same accounting firm.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We never did learn what Aardvark's job was did we? All we know is that he came out of a building and didn't know he was transformed. We have no idea whatsoever what he did and they never really said anything about his occupation either. So he could be anything and I sort of can't really see him as an accountant. Maybe a businessman.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The Bigglesworth cats live with Mrs. McGillicuddy - as Falstaff and Truc learn to their horror when they tumble through her pie windown into her kitchen.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Mungo has a crush on that one female K-9 officer that we saw in the comic that one time.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sabrina looks to join the K9, but she has to convince both Sargeant Ralph and Fido that there's a place for a magician's apprentice on the force.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:13 pm Sabrina looks to join the K9, but she has to convince both Sargeant Ralph and Fido that there's a place for a magician's apprentice on the force.
Personally, I'd be a lot more worried about the whole "conflict-of-interests" and "bias" thing.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is this something that you think has happened in the past or is this one for Wild Mass Guessing? If its the later then unfortunately this is the wrong topic. LOL
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, one of the small puzzlements I've always had about Housepets! - which, then, strikes me as a story opportunity - is the lack of females on the K9PD force. The comic possibilities become all the more elaborate depending on the personalities of the potential candidates - Sasha, Tarot, Daisy, and so on. Then, if you want to sow a few more comic landmines, how about a kitty contender - Max, Marvin, and (of course) Sabrina.

As the proliferation of both serious and funny cop shows and movies has demonstrated over the years, this trope is a thick gold vein for story telling. We'll see, I guess.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So it is not a headcanon and something you would like to see happen then?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe I just don't know what exactly a "headcanon" is. As a story, yeah, I'd be happy to see any one of a number of these variations spun out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

A headcanon is something that you think has happened even though there is no proof of it. It is a fact that you have that hasn't been stated in the comic.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Basically. There’s nothing usually hinting towards such, but also nothing really going against it. Often used for the fan to personally flesh out a character aspect that isn’t usually touched upon. Just be wary of how deeply they’re held. Many had the headcanon that Fox and King would be a couple way back when, only for canon to eventually give King a female love interest in Bailey. There were those that were upset by this.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

I think that Natalie is Rodney's daughter and she resents him and Snow because he was quick to process the loss of Natalie's mom. Rodney and Snow got together relatively shortly after his previous mate died and Natalie came to the (most likely false) conclusion that Rodney didn't actually love her mother.

Fiddler and Keys are blood-related siblings. This makes their 'date-night' from an old strip quite uncomfortable, but it might have been caused by a lost bet or something
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sasha and Daisy were closer at one time. Back then, while Sasha dated Bino, Daisy was paling around with Kevin. After Sasha dumped Bino and had a short flirtation with Fox (among others), she paired up with Kevin, leaving Daisy as the "odd dog out". As she revealed in her interview with Fox and Mungo, Daisy still misses her friendship with Sasha but life goes on and she stll feels kindly towards her ditzy gal-pal.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Another reason that Pueblo is freaking out about Olive trying to claim him as her boyfriend and wanting to date him is not because she has cooties but because he isn't attracted to females and actually likes males.
HiraokaNettoMichio

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:06 am Another reason that Pueblo is freaking out about Olive trying to claim him as her boyfriend and wanting to date him is not because she has cooties but because he isn't attracted to females and actually likes males.
Or maybe he finds romance and the like to be overrated and is areoace instead.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is also a possibility but we will have to wait and see where it goes.

Elaine and Jack became mates when after several attempts to woo her, Jack went overboard and got seriously injured and Elaine realized she DID care for him.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Todd has disappeared and naturally everyone suspects Itzuki after Todd stiffed Earl Sandwich on an enormous car repair bill. How unimaginative!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Duke is a lot smarter than we give him credit for and he is just obfuscating stupidity.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Res sometimes locks himself in the bathroom just to flex his weretiger muscles in the mirror, but he would die of embarrassment if anyone saw him doing that

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Aardvark will quit his job as a businessman or whatever he was and start his own insect extermination business. Not only does he get paid money but he gets free meals!
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Peanut has voice cracks

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Max has sought help for his catnip addiction several times in the past but it never stuck. Once he started dating Grape, he cut back until he stopped doing it completely.
HiraokaNettoMichio

Joey and Squeak are married. A dog and his rodent wife. Possible Mappies (Mouse Dog babies that rhymes with puppies) but that detail would get King to swear off drinking when Squeak stated that she's expecting.

Yep. A stupid idea. But hey, what do I know?

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Lester insults Dallas over his gaming play, and Dallas is deeply hurt. Regretting his loss of temper, Lester tries to make up but Dallas isn't so sure after Peanut and Grape invite him to an "Imaginate".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Even though he knows that it is just teasing and she doesn't mean it to hurt him, whenever Grape jokes about Max not being that strong or heroic and openly ogles muscular men it hurts him and makes him feel even more insecure about himself which turns into self-loathing.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Max decides he wants to build up his boyish physique and swollows enough pride to beg for help from ... Kevin. Sasha thinks the whole idea is "darling" but Kevin is unconvinced. But then, outta no where, Gale decides to come to the aid of our puny pussycat and, suddenly, poor Max is caught in the middle, regretting he ever thought of the project.