2021/11/09 - From The Yawning Mouth Of Babes

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

2021/11/09 - From The Yawning Mouth Of Babes

Post by Obbl »

[ From The Yawning Mouth Of Babes ]

Title Text: maybe I'll just start creepily singing nursery rhymes to a broken musicbox

Kix got these kids on lock :lol:
The Blue Fox

Re: 2021/11/09 - From The Yawning Mouth Of Babes

Post by The Blue Fox »

Them mentioning the bad place reminds me of the show called "The Good Place"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The knowledge of the best of moms
is often more than you can know.
She lets it out quite sneakily
and doesn’t just keep it for show.
She won’t let her kits dominate
even though they’re much her elder.
She feels the same love for them all
as they did when they beheld her
(although Craig would never claim it)
She’s a great mother in this strip
but she needs to convince big Kit
there’s a reason he took this trip...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

And that is my only issue with the sub-plot of them being turned into mortals and Kix nailed it: I don't think the two have learned anything at all and just want to go back to being Immortal.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

I love "reveal" trope in media. When Your family learn that You are intergalactic hero or when Your friends know that You have hidden the dragon in Your bedroom for past year or when whole city or country knows that digimons exist etc. I really love that theme. Hiding something, then revealing it, mostly by accident. That's why I really like the last three pages.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Out of the mouths of boobs ...

Reminds me of a description of a disfunctional family - Dad yells at Mom, Mom manipulates kids, good luck to the dog and the cat. Oh ... right ... there is no dog or cat and Jessica is probably not intimdated by Celestials. She's pals with "The Opener" and Karishad, after all.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

She's got a point though. I was certain that they'd be reborn not remembering anything so they'd get the real mortal experience. I feel like remembering where they came from ends up just keeping them focused on what they're not instead of what they are.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:44 am And that is my only issue with the sub-plot of them being turned into mortals and Kix nailed it: I don't think the two have learned anything at all and just want to go back to being Immortal.
And that is the crux of what this strip is saying, I believe. Most major religion adherents firmly believe they will go to heaven when they die. So how are Craig and Draig any different? Because they truly know? There’s zero doubt? Two strips back, Craig used the new knowledge that mortals normally don’t know anything from birth to even more firmly believe he was an immortal. So he did actually have some doubt after all? In the end, can we be sure of anything? Even if you were in Craig’s shoes, how could you be sure your memories are accurate? How can you be sure you’ll actually ascend to heaven anyways? And thus the same dilemma for religious adherents. You aren’t sure, you don’t truly know.

Regardless though, you can live your life thinking it. Believing it.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Kind of like the way the middle panel with no text adds a pause to the flow of this comic. Great expressions as always.
Disproportionately Dappled
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Indeed, Pete and Spirit Dragon got that punishment, live their first life as mortals... and be the kits of Great Kitsune's new mortal life, too. :P Eh, he has a point with that, Kix, hold back your fist. ;) Aww, poor Craig and Draig... :| Don't worry, your mom will always love you, also if now she knows the truth about you two. :D Eheh, you mother well understood that as celestial demigods you can't do such evil things. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As much as I think that Kitsune needs help with being in a relationship and not popping in every odd point or so, Kix needs it also. Its not really healthy to beat up your partner when they make a point about you that you are trying to get said partner to see. :?
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:02 pm As much as I think that Kitsune needs help with being in a relationship and not popping in every odd point or so, Kix needs it also. Its not really healthy to beat up your partner when they make a point about you that you are trying to grt said partner to see. :?
I think you’re reading the strip too literally. This is a comic strip and Kix’s reaction is intended to be humorous.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cosmacelf wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:32 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:02 pm As much as I think that Kitsune needs help with being in a relationship and not popping in every odd point or so, Kix needs it also. Its not really healthy to beat up your partner when they make a point about you that you are trying to grt said partner to see. :?
I think you’re reading the strip too literally. This is a comic strip and Kix’s reaction is intended to be humorous.
Hope so. I admit I raised an eyebrow at that, too. Besides the obvious, it sounded very out of character from the Kix we've come to know and love.
ViolaRose

Post by ViolaRose »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:32 pm

Hope so. I admit I raised an eyebrow at that, too. Besides the obvious, it sounded very out of character from the Kix we've come to know and love.
I feel like you’re forgetting about the part of this arc where Kitsune let Kix beat him up after learning their kits were still on Earth and that he lets her do it because he can’t feel pain from it and it allows Kix to get all of the rage out of her system rather than keep it locked up.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

ViolaRose wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:49 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:32 pm

I feel like you’re forgetting about the part of this arc where Kitsune let Kix beat him up after learning their kits were still on Earth and that he lets her do it because he can’t feel pain from it and it allows Kix to get all of the rage out of her system rather than keep it locked up.
Nope not forgetting it. I also saw that as a comic strip humorous overreaction. I thought it was funny, not some deep peak into Kix’s character. To each his own, we can all interpret art as we choose to.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorry but I see things the way I see them. Nobody else has to agree and I'm not gonna change my mind. The comment that Kitsune said when Kix went crazy because he left Craig and Draig on Earth and what Kix says implies that when she gets angry at him or doesn't like something, she beats him up. Even if he can take I don't think that's right. As always it is my opinion on the matter. I'm sorry nobody else feels the same way. I'm not trying to cause World War III here.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:28 pm Sorry but I see things the way I see them. Nobody else has to agree and I'm not gonna change my mind. The comment that Kitsune said when Kix went crazy because he left Craig and Draig on Earth and what Kix says implies that when she gets angry at him or doesn't like something, she beats him up. Even if he can take I don't think that's right. As always it is my opinion on the matter. I'm sorry nobody else feels the same way. I'm not trying to cause World War III here.
Vash and Q in Star Trek:- Deep Space 9 "Q-Less"

Vash - "It's over, Q! I want you out of my life! You're arrogant, you're overbearing and you think you know everything!"
Q - "But... I DO know everything."
Vash - "That makes it even worse!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Then Kitsune should introduce Kix to Bino. That way, when she becomes enraged, she can smack the stuffings out of Bino. That wouldn't be spouse abuse then, it would be a public service ... and she could make friends with Bailey, Fox, and Duchess besides. :D
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Kix only gets angry when her kits are threatened. So Bino better not do anything bad to Craig or Draig.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure there are other ways to make her angry. Would I recommend finding them? Not if you don't want every single bone in your face broken. :mrgreen:
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

The Blue Fox wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:47 am Them mentioning the bad place reminds me of the show called "The Good Place"
Fun story:

Someone told me the name and the basic premise of that show (a woman ends up in heaven who doesn't belong there but tries to blend in) and my immediate reaction ended up spoiling season one (that they are actually in the bad place).
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Titanium Dragon wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:37 am
The Blue Fox wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:47 am Them mentioning the bad place reminds me of the show called "The Good Place"
Fun story:

Someone told me the name and the basic premise of that show (a woman ends up in heaven who doesn't belong there but tries to blend in) and my immediate reaction ended up spoiling season one (that they are actually in the bad place).
Yeah, similar experience for me, I noticed all the clues and guessed the plot twist before the actual reveal, too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Never watched the show but I did hear of it and see the commercials for it and almost immediately I came to the same conclusion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Time for Tuesday to roll around .......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If the comic doesn't update again then one of Rick's other works must have been updated. Since I don't follow him, I wonder which work it was?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It was a new A&H page. Despite this less-consistent update schedule, it's still leagues better than a few other comics I've come across over the years. In fact, one became a throwaway gag elsewhere.

"Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged! Updates as often as VG Cats!"
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It still is nice to see his other work get some attention also. Though I selfishly wish that he would do more Housepets! than any other work.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

He does do more Housepets. Housepets is updated at least once a week, whereas his other comics usually have two weeks between them.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh well then I guess I shouldn't complain. I need to shut up and stop being ungrateful sometimes. :|
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hugs Amazee. Gives them a pie.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

*Throws pie at random person*
88superguy

Post by 88superguy »

1000 iq play
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have absolutely NO clue what that means so you are gonna have to explain.
88superguy

Post by 88superguy »

0 iq play
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that still doesn't help me. :|
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Learning to be mortal's not like going to lunch,
Tho it looks like GK's gonna get served a punch-
Kix, aren't you taking it a little overboard?
The rules of religion can't just be ignored.

Craig and Draig look like they're about to cry-
And in the latter's plea, we get to see why-
They don't want to get kicked out should push come to shove-
But as you can see, nothing beats a mom's love.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!