Cast Off Characters - Who will not return in the New Housepets?

Discuss the comic here
Tricksy

Re: Cast Off Characters - Who will not return in the New Housepets?

Post by Tricksy »

Additionally, we might see some scenarios revolving around Tarot's new job as Keene's magic(k) consultant. Housepets may move away from big cosmic plots, but that not necessarily mean we won't ever see some one-offs "magic(k) gone wrong" type arc or something (or even if not, just arcs that shows how she handle working for Keene).
Though wishful thinking on my part because i think that Tarot and Keene have personalities which i think would be fun seeing play off each other.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Two of your prognostications strike me as very plausible, Ty. First, Rick really enjoys doing Keene and Breel bits, so I think our favorite gay couple will still be much around. Secondly, Breel has patronized Tarot's talents before and might likely do so again. "Magical Misfires" are popular vehicles for adventure stories and comedy bits so I'd expect more of those, maybe after a "Paternatl-Peanut/"Tarot-as-Mommy" phase of yarns and comedies.

The other ferrets, not so sure. Having Lana replace Keene as boss of the Milton Monies might be revisited - she's somewhat redundant and undeveloped. The prospect of a return to Rock as an anarchic media mogul has real possibilities - Bahamut knows there's lots and lots of TV Ca'rap to inspire Rock's brand of mockery, derision, and anarchy.

Rock, Simon, and Pit pretty much vanished early on so I wouldn't expect to see them again except for, maybe, a Board Meeting. You'll more likely see a return appearance of Jeeves (which I'd like - the strip could use a couple of blokes).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gale and Pueblo. Although, if Rick does a sequence with King and Bailey's pups adding to Peanut and Tarot's new brood, Pueblo might return as supporting cast. He was fun in the Jurassic Park Imaginate.

I could also see Gale tangling with the ferrets or even Duchess over some fiscal cape, but I don't think Rick's into that - unless Succession got him pondering a Housepets parody. Probably not.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Think its a guarantee that we will see Gale and Pueblo again. Especially since Olive has a crush on Pueblo. Rick will DEFINITELY get a ton of mileage from a Craig/Olive/Pueblo love triangle since Pete is now permanently a kit.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, with two litters around - assuming the new narrative will open with the Tarnut/Pearot brood's arrival - Rick's gonna want to do something with puppies pretty early on. Ace, Rook, and Olive already have a fan base and have begun to emerge as indpendent personalities. Would it be off-base to guess that one of the new brood will be magically inclined?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Even if they were I imagine it would be very minor since Tarot is not that magic(k)ally disposed as everybody once thought. Her magic(k) was amplified by Dragon due to the game. Since Dragon is no longer a god and is now the mortal kit Draig and the game is over, I don't think Tarot's powers are that potent so I don't think any pups she has will be able to use much if any magic(k).

Besides, I really want the comic to pick back up where it left off or while Tarot is still pregnant. If only because a pregnant Tarot is a very fun idea to see how she would be. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:05 pm Even if they were I imagine it would be very minor since Tarot is not that magic(k)ally disposed as everybody once thought. Her magic(k) was amplified by Dragon due to the game. Since Dragon is no longer a god and is now the mortal kit Draig and the game is over, I don't think Tarot's powers are that potent so I don't think any pups she has will be able to use much if any magic(k).

Besides, I really want the comic to pick back up where it left off or while Tarot is still pregnant. If only because a pregnant Tarot is a very fun idea to see how she would be. :P
Yeah, it's got some real comic possibilities.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Peanut's gonna be a very supportive husband, hopefully like King was to Bailey during her pregnancy. Just a little less aggressively protective and more absent minded I imagine.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Technically he wouldn't be her husband as they hadn't gotten married. Though that could still happen. However I can't see Peanut as the type who would be into getting married.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Huh, I guess my mind slipped. I did mean to say partner/boyfriend, but they may as well be kinda sorta married if they're gonna be spending all their time together raising their pups lol, formalities aside.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They can be married in name only without being married which is what I think Rick is gonna go with. I will be very taken aback if Peanut does try to propose to Tarot.

Though I will be less surprised if Tarot ends up proposing and Peanut has no clue what it means. XD
Tricksy

Post by Tricksy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:12 pm They can be married in name only without being married which is what I think Rick is gonna go with. I will be very taken aback if Peanut does try to propose to Tarot.

Though I will be less surprised if Tarot ends up proposing and Peanut has no clue what it means. XD
Well Tarot did catch the bouquet at the end of "The King and I":
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -epilogue/
So her getting married would not shock me too much.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Always wondered if we would ever see more of that dog on the left with the pink collar. We didn't.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pretty sure she was just a throwaway character put in to make the numbers for King and Bailey's wedding bigger. I don't think that Rick planned to use her for anything afterwards.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

I like the symbol around her collar, though I must say it is representative of her not appearing again.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Guess you can't be a "cast off" if you were a "never were." ;)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

MischaTheWolf wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:23 am I like the symbol around her collar, though I must say it is representative of her not appearing again.
Wow, never would have made that connection! :lol:

Gotta admit, a number of one-and-done designs were pretty neat.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I honestly think this entire thread is reaching and that most if not all the characters (minus Satau, Rufus, and the other demigods for obvious reasons) will come back even if just as, like, a background cameo.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It's an invitation to speculation, let's say ....... :roll: 8-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I mean that is all we can do. I don't think anything is actually set in stone.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... or posted on the comic site. :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not sure those are the kind of spoilers Rick figured out yet. So we will still just have to wait and see. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

True .................................................................................................................................... So, Griswold's gotta chance, mebbee??
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Everybody except the Celestials will have a chance. However some are more likely than others. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder how many of the wolf pck will return? Rick was already parsing them early on.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have a feeling maybe Miles's family and Poncho, the two Daryls, Natalie and maybe Deadeye but I can't see there being anybody else. Its just something we can only speculate about for now.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I imagine at the very least, they’d still make regular appearances as background characters.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Miles is a very strong, wise, and positive character. I could see a number of roles for him. Natalie's fun and Rick could use some more females in the supporting cast. The Daryls ... mmmm, dunno. They're kinda backgtound fillers or tertiaries in group adventures, although they are fun. Might depend on new "group projects" inspired by Keene a la $crooge and the nephews. Will the Nw Housepets! include such adventures without Celestials and Infernals contesting adn conspiring?
TyVulpintaur

Post by TyVulpintaur »

NHWestoN wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:46 am Miles is a very strong, wise, and positive character. I could see a number of roles for him. Natalie's fun and Rick could use some more females in the supporting cast. The Daryls ... mmmm, dunno. They're kinda backgtound fillers or tertiaries in group adventures, although they are fun. Might depend on new "group projects" inspired by Keene a la $crooge and the nephews. Will the Nw Housepets! include such adventures without Celestials and Infernals contesting adn conspiring?
Probably since Kitsune, Pete and Dragon can't remember being immortals, and I doubt any of the other Celestials interfering, especially since all the Mana pools are gone.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They still remember a little bit as their memories aren't completely wiped. However I do think by the time the comic comes back if Rick skipped ahead they will have totally forgot.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Likely won't return to the Zoo, either. Although Delusional Steve might still be lurking between the panels.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am gonna miss the otters Gambit and Tarmac honestly. I think otters can be very cool so its a shame we won't be checking in on them.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:48 pm I am gonna miss the otters Gambit and Tarmac honestly. I think otters can be very cool so its a shame we won't be checking in on them.
You know, Amazz, I have to agree. For several years, there was a little colony of otters living in a stream in the woods behind our neighborhood. They were quite delightful animals, especially the youngsters. Then, one spring, they were all gone. We suspected the landowner who stocked trout and perch in the pond the stream ran through didn't like them "poaching" his catch. Or a trapper discovered the otters and poached them.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When we moved in three years ago the previous owners (whose mail we sometimes still get) said we might see a deer in the backyard. Has never happened though I have seen some rabbits, garden snakes and we have a mini frog pond with two frogs in it.

Although to be fair that was when we also still had the coy pond before we had to get rid of it because it was leaking.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Unless the wolf pack returns for Tarot's pup deliveries, they're probably mostly gone. Miles might get some episodes if we return to school with Marion, Lois, and maybe (mmmph) Todd.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think we could see the core members which are the teenage wolf cubs, Miles. Lucretia, the two Daryls, Elaine and Jack plus MAYBE Deadeye if Rick wants to really reach back but not anybody else.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The humans have been very scarce of late. Wonder if they'll disappear entirely? Still, if Rick's going back to more humor and slice of life themes, then there'd likely be places for the Sandwiches, the Arbelts, the Lundburgs, maybe even the Cat Lady. the Limerick-speaking Hermit, and even the nice lady at the Zoo ticket office who was so complementary about the politeness of Miles and his wolf pack.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Considering the fact that he turned a good chunk of the world's population into animals via Marion (against their will), I don't think we will see much more of the humans and none of the bit part humans. Heck, if we do see the owners I am pretty sure they will have been transformed also. :roll:
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:08 pm Considering the fact that he turned a good chunk of the world's population into animals via Marion (against their will), I don't think we will see much more of the humans and none of the bit part humans. Heck, if we do see the owners I am pretty sure they will have been transformed also. :roll:
I'm sure they're fine, they're just on vacation all the time! (They perished horrifically in the battle against giant Steward and the doctors couldn't save them due to having hooves instead of hands).
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That does sound like something that could feasibly happen and everybody tries to write it off. It would be incredibly horrifying and lead to disturbing truths that are really uncomfortable. :?