Scooby Doo Mystery Inc

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

EHH123

Scooby Doo Mystery Inc

Post by EHH123 »

Has anyone heard about the new Scooby Doo show called "Scooby Doo Mystery Inc"? It is actually pretty good.
See the first episode for yourself. I like this joke that is too good to spoil: But you have a job as a teacher. Why do you need more money? *stares* OH! :lol: Plus, Shaggy and Velma are dating.
The next episode airs tonight at 7PM EST on Cartoon Network
fenning

Re: Scooby Doo Mystery Inc

Post by fenning »

Shaggy and Velma dating is something everyone has been waiting for since the original show. The only problem is that it's being made NOW. The original show has that 70's charm that the new millennium versions don't. Maybe if the show took place in the 70's, I might change my mind, but so far, no luck.

Oh well. It's Scooby Doo, and it isn't terrible!

EDIT In fact, It's GREAT!!! Some stuff isn't proper, but it's still a great show!
Sasothehyena

Post by Sasothehyena »

rele? gotta check that out..
Derp Derp
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

I like this re-imagining of the classic series. The character designs seem closer to the originals. As for their personalities, the gang's still the gang, but their quirks seem to have been cranked up to 11. All in all though, I think it's better than the more recent movies that have been coming out. I lolled.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I could never really get into Scooby, but I guess I'll watch it sometime soon.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Bleeehh...

I did not like that.

That was not a mystery, that was a silly kids show. The writing was bad.

People were holding the idiot ball left and right to advance plot. No. No! Nonononono! That is just bad writing! It's one thing when a character isn't genre savvy, it's another when they walk up to a radioactive barrel and open it because there's something moving inside it. That's just stupid. It's okay when trying to make something funny on purpose, but that wasn't the case here.

Furthermore, Scooby cartoons that I've seen before this actually had clues and mysteries, ones that you could actually SOLVE if you thought hard enough, even the dang ones where Scooby is a pup and the gang are all children. You were given enough background info to figure it out on your own, the clues made sense, and there we actual suspects.

This...this was just bad. If the only thing to keep me watching is the promise of a story arc...just, no.

Yes, there were some funny moments, and the characters have...character. But that does not forgive the shortcoming of the fact that the show is missing something important: A mystery to solve.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Buckdida wrote:Bleeehh...

I did not like that.

That was not a mystery, that was a silly kids show. The writing was bad.

People were holding the idiot ball left and right to advance plot. No. No! Nonononono! That is just bad writing! It's one thing when a character isn't genre savvy, it's another when they walk up to a radioactive barrel and open it because there's something moving inside it. That's just stupid. It's okay when trying to make something funny on purpose, but that wasn't the case here.

Furthermore, Scooby cartoons that I've seen before this actually had clues and mysteries, ones that you could actually SOLVE if you thought hard enough, even the dang ones where Scooby is a pup and the gang are all children. You were given enough background info to figure it out on your own, the clues made sense, and there we actual suspects.

This...this was just bad. If the only thing to keep me watching is the promise of a story arc...just, no.

Yes, there were some funny moments, and the characters have...character. But that does not forgive the shortcoming of the fact that the show is missing something important: A mystery to solve.

Now now... I think the thing with the barrels was supposed to be funny.

... Though I essentially agree with you on everything else.

It just made no sense why there were radioactive barrels there in the first place. Even less sense why (Heavy spoilers, woo!) the 'bad guy' was hiding in them. Did he sit in a barrel, waiting for the wall to crumble on it's own on the off chance that someone would be passing by?... Also, aside from that it was possibly radioactive and/or all natural, they never explained what it was or why the goo substance dehydrated people. ... Or why the monster was able to shoot it at high velocity from it's arms, which would quickly then become solid again. They also never explained how or why the villain got 'easy access' to the shop's tunnel in the first place. A good red herring on the clown... But not one that actually makes a lick of sense. ... And don't even get me started on the human-sized rubber-band slingshot hidden inside of a box that magically closes by itself. :roll:

Personally, even when there were crazy robots and things in the original... I preferred Scooby Doo when the evil scheme could actually be explained, much less solved, without huge plot holes; and there was some sort of mechanism that made ghostly things possible, if they weren't really happening. This is an interesting incarnation, but it feels more like a relationship drama aimed at children, with the subplot that something 'mysterious' is going on it town. ... Though I did laugh at the idea of a town so concerned about it's tourist attractions, that the only people not buying into the ignorance about the paranormal are pretty much outcasts for it. :lol:
RG; Seb & Dahlia