Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

snowykat

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by snowykat »

joy: after not having any snow for december, we now have a high chance for a winter storm.
"Dear Chickenman,
What’s the idea of getting out of class. what did ya' do, “Chicken” out?" — Diane Dill
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorrow: after not having any snow for december, we now have a high chance for a winter storm.
(Forgive me, snowy, I just couldn't resist it! ;) )
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy then Sorrow: We are finally getting snow over here after a very dry December and a not-White Christmas but I am gonna be forced to shovel with my parents in the morning most likely.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: My neighbor came over and helped me snowblow out most of the driveway. I'd been looking at a two day job (I have a few limitations to consider with heavy lifting projects at my age and stage). I didn't ask - he and the missus just volunteer.

Another gift from Sophie. We met his kids when we first got here because they came over one day when we were out with Sophie and wanted to meet our beautiful, three-footed sheltie dog. Sophie, of course, was her charming and gracious self, and I let them take her for a walk. They sort of exceeded instructions and took her home to meet their parents, who were quite taken with our little fox. A week later, their golden retriever slipped his leach and repaid the visit. So I brough Swede back along with Sophie, we had a nice chat, and we've been good neighbors ever since.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Annoyance: My father broke the garage somehow and now we can't open it to get the snow blower out so if it snows again we are pretty much screwed. :|
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Oof. My family's having car-related trouble too.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Got three days off from work instead of just the two that I usually get during the week!
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Small joy: I managed to buy two round tickets to Košice, Slovakia all by myself in MÁV's customer center. I'm going to go there with my friend at the end of the month and it's my first time organising a foreign trip, even if it's a short one. I'm always a bit nervous doing stuff like that since I managed to get rid of most of my social skills during the pandemic (I didn't have good social skills to begin with), but I was pleasantly surprised how well it actually went
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Chieris wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:47 pm Small joy: I managed to buy two round tickets to Košice, Slovakia all by myself in MÁV's customer center. I'm going to go there with my friend at the end of the month and it's my first time organising a foreign trip, even if it's a short one. I'm always a bit nervous doing stuff like that since I managed to get rid of most of my social skills during the pandemic (I didn't have good social skills to begin with), but I was pleasantly surprised how well it actually went
Enjoy!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Got a new essential oil diffuser after breaking mine by dropping it in the toilet!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:25 pm Joy: Got a new essential oil diffuser after breaking mine by dropping it in the toilet!
Gravity strikes!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Annoyance: All of the snow we got on Sunday is now all melted. I went out there to shovel TWICE and all it took was a few days for it to go away. BOO!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Does make it all seem kinda pointless, huh?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not to mention that our garage broke during the storm and now we can't open it electronically. We can only open it manually. When we get hit again by another storm that is gonna be fun.

Sorrow: My mother and aunt had a get together for my cousins and their mother since we didn't see them at Christmas but I had to work. :roll:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: Our 2004 Camry "Clunker" passed its state vehicle safety inspection.
Sorrow: I can't believe auto safety standards in this state are sooooo low!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My laptop has finally made it to the repair center and is being looked at to see if they can fix the issue (which is just one key stopped working).

Sorrow: I probably won't get it back until next week so I am stuck using this backup computer which slower than a turtle.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorrow: Yesterday morning, one of my two skipperkee dogs slipped his leash and ran away. I spent much of yesterday trying to find him. Several people thought they saw him around in the woods behind our houses, but "Skipper" is rather timid and elusive.

It was ten degrees last night and not much warmer today. No reports of sightings, either. I just can't find him and we're very concerned. Tonight, the temperatures will fall again. I just wish he'd come home or at least knew he was somewhere safe. We miss him, and his brother "Bosun" is puzzled by his absence.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

I'm sorry to hear this occurred Weston. I'm not a religious person but I mentally pray he will be found and returned to safety as soon as possible. Take care.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My laptop is finally coming back tomorrow sometime between 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM. I am so happy!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Weston and hoping for some good news, I hope Skipper returns to you safe and sound soon, with any luck he has found somewhere warm and dry to shelter.
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My primary laptop has come back though it did come a little late though as at first it said between 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM then 8:30 AM and 10:30 PM before showing up at almost 12:00 PM but after the tracking said it would just come "before 8 PM" and didn't give me a specific time. You gotta wonder why FedEx can't be more accurate as it completely through the delivery time out the window. :roll:
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Sorry to hear that, Weston. Hoping for the best.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Any updates on the missing dog after he escaped Weston? I really hope that you managed to catch him and bring him home after his excursion unaccompanied by anybody else.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:54 am Any updates on the missing dog after he escaped Weston? I really hope that you managed to catch him and bring him home after his excursion unaccompanied by anybody else.
No, not any since he ran off Saturday. There were several sightings reported in widely scattered places that day but we've heard nothing since Saturday evening. It's very sad. I'm very grateful for everyone's kind words.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thanks for the update Weston, hoping for the best. My heart goes out to you, hope you find him soon.
HiraokaNettoMichio

Post by HiraokaNettoMichio »

Rage: Still sick, still trying to survive on limited cash that I never earned, and it's flooding where I am.

Silver Lining: I'm still around, and my raspberry pi still works.
Friend me on steam for a friendly game of whichever.

Steam Name: Hiraoka Netto Michio
(Username: James77358)
Steam Friend code: 51949146
Harry Johnathan

Praying for both of you, Weston and HNM.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pulling for you to feel better soon HiraokaNettoMichio. I know that being sick sucks hard and you just want to get better.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

We had several sightings of our dog today. After four straight days and nights of freezing, wet wather, we're happy to have some evidence that he's alive and active after all. However, he remains at large.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Annoyance: Was woken up at 7 in the morning by my mother calling me THREE times asking me what I needed at the market when I told her with one phone call. So obviously I didn't get a restful night's sleep when that happened. -_-
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:08 pm We had several sightings of our dog today. After four straight days and nights of freezing, wet wather, we're happy to have some evidence that he's alive and active after all. However, he remains at large.
So pleased to hear some promising news, here’s hoping you are reunited soon. It looks like he has been able to manage so far at least.
Harry Johnathan

I hope you find them.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thanks, gents. Was out putting fliers on phone poles today.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

REJOICE WITH ME - "SKIPPER" HAS RETURNED (The little stinker) !!
hickory smoke sauce is a weakness of the Skipperkee breed. :D :D :D :D
Harry Johnathan

Horray, Praise the Lord, Hallelujah!
good-day-applause.gif
good-day-applause.gif (161.7 KiB) Viewed 20588 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:49 pm Horray, Praise the Lord, Hallelujah!

good-day-applause.gif
Exactly. Thanks, Harry.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Annoyance: Being woken up out of a sound sleep to go shovel like I was today and by what the weather says I will have to do it again TOMORROW morning. Ugh. :roll:
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:45 pm REJOICE WITH ME - "SKIPPER" HAS RETURNED (The little stinker) !!
hickory smoke sauce is a weakness of the Skipperkee breed. :D :D :D :D
Hooooray! That’s fantastic news Weston, I take it Skipper is none the worse for his adventure.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thanks, DDeer! Well, we've got a vet visit for him this afternoon for a general check up. He seems none the worse for wear, was glad to see us, his bed and toys, and his big brother, Bosun. Not so enthusiastic about the new collar and leash ... ;)
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Joy: I will go to Prague for a week in August
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474