Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Teh Brawler

Re: current comic

Post by Teh Brawler »

GameCobra wrote:Zach: This is unbelievable, Pete! I wish this day would never end!
Pete: Unfortunately, Zach. We all have to wake up sometimes.
Zach: Ack! *whoop!*
Pete: :D I could get use to this!
Zach:Oh, it was just a dream. Wait, isn't this the point where I should discover an item that causes controversy about whether or not it was a dream? *Holds up giant turkey leg* uh.....
Jerry: Tiiiiiigeeeer! Who ate all the Thanksgiving turkey????
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Zach:Oh, it was just a dream. Wait, isn't this the point where I should discover an item that causes controversy about whether or not it was a dream? *Holds up giant turkey leg* uh.....
Jerry: Tiiiiiigeeeer! Who ate all the Thanksgiving turkey????
Zach and friends will be right back after these messages

*insert shameless Housepets.com merchandise by Rick Griffin. for reals*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

I'm not entirely sure if this has been mentioned before but has anyone noticed the other creature craved on that Gold door? The one right below the Griffin that looks like a serpent or dragon maybe. If we can assume that Griffin on the door is indeed Pete, which is very likely, does that mean that Serpent/Dragon creature also exists in this world too? It could just be added decoration, but I think the idea of running into a different mythological creature than Pete could be an interesting plot twist.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

You are all highly optimistic
ImageImage
ImageImage
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

we will rock you! no litterly
Attachments
Narnia-Gryphon_Battle2.JPG
Narnia-Gryphon_Battle2.JPG (13.29 KiB) Viewed 18484 times
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
D.Z.

Post by D.Z. »

GRAPE WANT TO KNOW MEANING OF DREAM

GRAPE SMAAAAAASH
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Someone posted it in the comment section recently. It's funny how our minds work at times <3

Not gonna spoil it, But let me just say this:

The hint started when Grape said: "This all seems familiar..." ,and although there are hints of Pete, there's something else she's referring to.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

GameCobra wrote:Someone posted it in the comment section recently. It's funny how our minds work at times <3

The hint started when Grape said: "This all seems familiar..." ,and although there are hints of Pete, there's something else she's referring to.
...........what?
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Grape in Wonderland, in which Grape and Peanut kill the Wicked Witch and rule Oz as king and queen for a thousand years, before stumbling back through the wardrobe to find that only a few minutes have passed in the real world?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

Zach becomes the Chosen One and Peanut and Grape are forced into a conflict countering the forces of evil bent on seeing him fail in his quest for world peace is how I predict this arc proceeding.

IF YOU WERE PEANUT WHAT WOULD YOU NAME YOUR MAGIC SWORD (COS IF I'M RIGHT YOU KNOW HE'S GUNU ET A MAGIC SWORD)
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

GameCobra wrote:Someone posted it in the comment section recently. It's funny how our minds work at times <3

I'm confused, what else could she be referring to besides the Grove arc? I think the only other time she's seen by a forest is when peanut was pulling her in a wagon, but... I could be wrong?
----
My Devious account...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Two Twig wrote:I'm confused, what else could she be referring to besides the Grove arc? I think the only other time she's seen by a forest is when peanut was pulling her in a wagon, but... I could be wrong?
It's still based on the Grove arc, that's for sure. but when she says it's "something familiar" it's not just Pete she's talking about, something else from the arc.

And while the Oz theory is a good possibility, Sinder, there's no Tarot in this comic yet, and no Tarot = no witches :(

and as far as the forces of good and evil go, i can foresee the evil army of RAccoons Vs. Grape and PEanut :D
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

As soon as I saw the new strip, the first thing I thought was: "Wow, this is the first time we've seen Sabrina in Rick's revamped style... oh wait, a new age? Pete's a jerk?" Everything else sort of followed after that.
----
My Devious account...
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Oopsie.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

*CLICK*

"Uh-Oh."
"...I think Grape's gonna need a bigger broom for this one."
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

"Peanut, you must stop Grape! Hugs and Kisses for being a good boy!"

<3

I really liked Tarot's frame in Panel 5 the way she's sitting. it screams fluffy and cute all over.

Also, about what i was talking about earlier: When Grape met Pete, he asked her "how did you get here?"

Everything Grape was doing for the most part was the same way she met Pete, except they climbed the rock.

Linky!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

GameCobra wrote:"Peanut, you must stop Grape! Hugs and Kisses for being a good boy!"

<3

I really liked Tarot's frame in Panel 5 the way she's sitting. it screams fluffy and cute all over.

Also, about what i was talking about earlier: When Grape met Pete, he asked her "how did you get here?"

Everything Grape was doing for the most part was the same way she met Pete, except they climbed the rock.

Linky!
At the risk of being annoying...I thought you meant something besides the obvious.

Then again, not everyone memorizes "useless" information like I do...I mean, seriously, just check the info thread. There's a couple of things in there that others might have never been able to catch...

And yes. Panel 5 is very cute.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Buckdida wrote:At the risk of being annoying...I thought you meant something besides the obvious.
Not annoying at all, i assure you =P

To be honest though, i don't think many people would've noticed at the time of this comic about something like that. i certainly didn't.

Of course, you could call me a special case @_@
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Now that I'm over my shock of seeing Sabrina I've just realized something; what Tarot said earlier about the day when "all who do not hold love in their hearts will parish" and shatter into a million shards, that has me asking two things:
1.) How was Grape accepting Peanut's love supposed to have stopped this "apocalypse"?
2.) Is love the answer/solution to this problem?
----
My Devious account...
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Two_Twig wrote:Now that I'm over my shock of seeing Sabrina I've just realized something; what Tarot said earlier about the day when "all who do not hold love in their hearts will parish" and shatter into a million shards, that has me asking two things:
1.) How was Grape accepting Peanut's love supposed to have stopped this "apocalypse"?
2.) Is love the answer/solution to this problem?
I think the love was just supposed to be able to save you from instant demise, not stop the apocalypse.
Toboe

Post by Toboe »

Love is of course the answer to everything. =3
Don't you watch Disney?

I am saddened by the sudden but inevitable betrayal of Pete. :(
Ebly wrote:you're a geek tobes <3
Awaken as a Bear
Alex

Post by Alex »

This comic is so exciting and amazing it's just impossible :mrgreen:. But there are still many questions open:
1)What is the giant rock Zach and Grape are standing next to (It seems to be glowing...)
2)Is Zach actually pressing another random button just to show Grape how he pressed a random button on the gate earlier, or is he just pressing the rock?

Also, I love the "Hugs and kisses" at the end, and the 5th panel >_>.

AND HOW MANY TIMES DID I SAY THAT SABRINA AND TAROT ARE CONNECTED?! HUH? NOW HERE'S PROOF FOR MY CLAIMS!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Toboe

Post by Toboe »

Alex wrote:This comic is so exciting and amazing it's just impossible
Agreed.
Alex wrote:1)What is the giant rock Zach and Grape are standing next to (It seems to be glowing...)
I believe that would be the Source of Unspeakable Power (TM)
Alex wrote:2)Is Zach actually pressing another random button just to show Grape how he pressed a random button on the gate earlier?
Yes, and I love him for it.
Ebly wrote:you're a geek tobes <3
Awaken as a Bear
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I also find it amusing that Tarot is predicting Grape will release Pete, when it's Zach that seems to be doing it.

I'm sleepy at this point, but i'm curious as to what Sabrina thinks of Peanut & Grape? Since Sabrina barely knows anyone except Tarot and Fido, you would have to assume she also knows who Tarot knows.

And then there's that picture that Peanut took. he better hide it REALLY good =D
Flamboyant-Pencil

What did I tell you guys? Grape is going to unleash an unspeakable evil named Pete cos he tricked her into thinking he was an awesome dude and so she and Peanut will take up arms against the army of darkness, with their witch companions Sabrina and Tarot and maybe use Zach as some sort of decoy or something I don't know.

But yeah, this whole arc is definitely very bizarre :B Not what I'd have expected when I first started reading. Not that its a bad thing though :v Just wondering if this is a temporary genre shift, or if it's permanent, or if we should expect sudden genre shifts randomly.
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Flamboyant-Pencil wrote:What did I tell you guys? Grape is going to unleash an unspeakable evil named Pete cos he tricked her into thinking he was an awesome dude and so she and Peanut will take up arms against the army of darkness, with their witch companions Sabrina and Tarot and maybe use Zach as some sort of decoy or something I don't know.

But yeah, this whole arc is definitely very bizarre :B Not what I'd have expected when I first started reading. Not that its a bad thing though :v Just wondering if this is a temporary genre shift, or if it's permanent, or if we should expect sudden genre shifts randomly.
Dream sequence, that's all I have to say.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yeah, there's STILL the possibility that all of this is a dream, but who's dreaming? Zach, Peanut or Grape?
Richarson Valley

Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Maybe all of them are dreaming. You know, synchronized dreaming dreaming caused by Tarot's psychic powers - she uses subspace energy to transmit large bursts of subenergy containing data, which can be caught and decrypted by brain's electromagnetic field. Or they're not dreaming and they're going to find remains of some advanced ancient civilization, which had much more advanced technology than current humans and that glowing stone is in fact a crystaline-based computer console, which allows them to interface with programs managing whole complex, that is buried underground.
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Alex

Post by Alex »

Tails++ wrote:Maybe all of them are dreaming. You know, synchronized dreaming dreaming caused by Tarot's psychic powers - she uses subspace energy to transmit large bursts of subenergy containing data, which can be caught and decrypted by brain's electromagnetic field. Or they're not dreaming and they're going to find remains of some advanced ancient civilization, which had much more advanced technology than current humans and that glowing stone is in fact a crystaline-based computer console, which allows them to interface with programs managing whole complex, that is buried underground.
I don't even think that Rick has thought that far >_> Also, why would Tarot mess with their minds in the first place?
Richarson Valley

Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Because she's an alien from different galaxy, who is on mission to probe minds of earth beings and study their culture and behavior, which can be achieved by creating virtual reality transmitted in a subconscious signal, that creates some unusual situation in their dreams, but lets them to react as they would react in real world, however they will notice absolutely nothing, because they will think that it's only a dream, so they will have no idea that they are probed. :D
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Flamboyant-Pencil

That'd be a bit lame if it were all ANOTHER dream ;-; With al this build up.
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Tails++ wrote:Because she's an alien from different galaxy, who is on mission to probe minds of earth beings and study their culture and behavior, which can be achieved by creating virtual reality transmitted in a subconscious signal, that creates some unusual situation in their dreams, but lets them to react as they would react in real world, however they will notice absolutely nothing, because they will think that it's only a dream, so they will have no idea that they are probed. :D
Tails, my opinion of you just went up.

A lot.

Yup. A lot.
Venison wrote:EDIT: *Eye Twitches at Cooljoe*
Last edited by Buckdida on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cooljoe224

Post by cooljoe224 »

Having Tarrot and Sabrina in the same comic not to metion the same panle is a days good comic for me
cooljoe224

Post by cooljoe224 »

oh and do you think anything is going to connect with thanks giving? or is he going to do another "What are you thankfull for thing"?
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Tails++ wrote:Maybe all of them are dreaming. You know, synchronized dreaming dreaming caused by Tarot's psychic powers - she uses subspace energy to transmit large bursts of subenergy containing data, which can be caught and decrypted by brain's electromagnetic field.
Tails++ wrote:Because she's an alien from different galaxy, who is on mission to probe minds of earth beings and study their culture and behavior, which can be achieved by creating virtual reality transmitted in a subconscious signal
ImageImage
ImageImage
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Buckdida wrote:EDIT: *Eye Twitches at Cooljoe*
Oh, Buck, you and your pure hatred of double posts. :lol:
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Forycles

Post by Forycles »

Hey, look! The comic is taking a (more) sci-fi turn.

This doth not bodeth well..eth.

(Old English fail.)
If you're watching me make this post, then we have issues.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Whoa, this has to be a dream (or nightmare) now...
PETE WHY DID YOU BETRAY GRAPE!
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Forycles wrote:Hey, look! The comic is taking a (more) sci-fi turn.

This doth not bodeth well..eth.

(Old English fail.)
No no, that's not sci-fi, that's fantasy! It's a Griffin! An unspeakable source of power! Not technological whatsits. Get your genres right!

Hmm...the fourth panel could definitely be expanded to something wallpaper worthy...

And blue feathers! Cool. And com'on Pete, the least you could have done was give the pets a ride.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

okay, so, i've just been away on a five day trip with my school mates which was AMAZING and i'm back now and i've read through the latest comics and all i have to say right now is WHAT

i'm curious and i have no criticisms at all. i'm waiting to see where this goes and i'm hoping some of the more fanboyish and fangirlish people don't get too annoying before this arc is finished. U:

BUT SERIOUSLY WHAT!?
I was going to make a joke but then I did.