Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Icharus

Re: current comic

Post by Icharus »

Keeshah wrote:I have found the dog food that Peanut wants to eat!!!

http://www.bluebuff.com/products/dogs/wilderness.shtml
Huh, wow that does look extremely similar. Nice find.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I was wondering about something in today's comic. How much of a predator that Grape is compared to the other cats? I honestly expected someone like Maxwell to be a bigger predator off screen since he's male and looks to have his share of alleycat things, but thinking about it more, that don't mean he's the best at it.

Infact, recalling the zoo arc i'm wondering if this is where Grape gets her fame from?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

GameCobra wrote:I was wondering about something in today's comic. How much of a predator that Grape is compared to the other cats? I honestly expected someone like Maxwell to be a bigger predator off screen since he's male and looks to have his share of alleycat things, but thinking about it more, that don't mean he's the best at it.

Infact, recalling the zoo arc i'm wondering if this is where Grape gets her fame from?
Well, he did say he wanted to eat the bird also, but I don't see how he would be a bigger predator than grape. I would actually expect Grape to be much better than Maxwell.
Make Pasta not war.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Dylan wrote:Well, he did say he wanted to eat the bird also, but I don't see how he would be a bigger predator than grape. I would actually expect Grape to be much better than Maxwell.
Part of the problem i guess where it lies at is i'm thinking Maxwell gets out alot more than Grape and therefore hunts more, where Grape seems to be moreso a cat napper =P

But i gotta admit i'm curious as to how well at hunting Maxwell is at this point!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

WALL OF TEXT!

Also, Thief wolves. you need level 8 to upgrade them to Ninja Werewolves.

They shoot Moon Blades...
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Unless they study under the temple of the sun, in which case they become a form of ninja monk that is able to use basic fire magic and instead throw Sun Blades
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Joey and Peanut apparently have the same approach to supplementary material. *laughs hysterically*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

A couple of you know that I quit D&D with my friends because I got player killed, three times, by my party members. RAGE

But another reason was that I was so behind them in skill. Ungh. They had just finished up an epic level campaign, and I had wanted to join their new campaign...you can imagine how THAT turned out for me. Thus far, I like Ironclaw so much better, even though we don't get to play it much. So much more simple and fun...and also anthro. So there. Though I can't wait to see what this Exalted game Djinn's starting is going to be like...

But yeah, the complexity of D&D can be off-putting to a LOT of people, especially when you see experienced players go at it...
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Ebly wrote:Unless they study under the temple of the sun, in which case they become a form of ninja monk that is able to use basic fire magic and instead throw Sun Blades
Multi-classing? Bah. Multi-classing is too complicated!

Unless we throw in a little bit of Geology his way and make him combine research with religion and suddenly turn him into a mighty Warlock that focuses on Molten Lava!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

King's back! :D (And nice save there with the "collie" remark, King.... :P)

Haha, I didn't know he played D&D--learning more about him all the time.

I must admit to being a D&D virgin myself, though.... :oops:
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Well, I only played D&D for a few months, but I have read the 3.5 sourcebooks from cover to cover. I am similarly familiar with Werewolf: the Apocalypse, The Star Wars Roleplaying Game, and a couple of others.

My supplementary material for the Star Wars RPG fills three 80-page notebooks and a two-inch three-ring binder. It was compiled largely over the course of three or four months of my senior year in High School. (I had to do something in study hall.)

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Yeah...with that much involved I doubt I'll ever get into it--took me this long just to get into Star Trek.... :oops:

It just occurred to me--King's original name was "Joel," and he's here interacting with "Joey".... Yeah, okay, just a coincidence but still.... :P

EDIT: And of course Joey is the younger brother of the dog who arrested Joel....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Joely
ImageImage
ImageImage
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sinder wrote:Joely
Me and my big mouth.... :P
PF chars

--Phoenix

Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

Rules schmools, if things get too complicated to be fun, just forget them. That should be rule #1 of any tabletop game :B
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Flamboyant-Pencil wrote:Rules schmools, if things get too complicated to be fun, just forget them. That should be rule #1 of any tabletop game :B
I don't mind rules as such--in fact, I prefer them, as it helps me feel at my ease if I know what to do and what not to do and when. But when it's THAT big and complicated I just feel lost and overwhelmed....

So what I'm saying is I agree with you.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Jack

Post by Jack »

wow. that... game... looks... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would love to play dnd with Joey.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
valerio

Post by valerio »

I used to be a D&Der, but it got way too complicated. The only tabletop I enjoy is MtG, otherwise it's videogames for me :mrgreen:
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

I'm loving how much more detailed collars are getting. I don't know how many here pay attention to that one particular aspect, but I myself have been noticing this for a while. Jus' sayin'.
Also, right on! Two char.s we haven't seen in quite a bit(and have never interacted), in the same strip!
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

First D&D i played i wanted to be a tiger / wolf type char... but that was not allowed >_>
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Jack

Post by Jack »

Kyderra wrote:First D&D i played i wanted to be a tiger / wolf type char... but that was not allowed >_>
well you could have played as monsters instead of normal characters (although thats kinda hard to do) and be an outsider allowing you to be some sort of tiger thing (i think it was called a rashaka) if you were to play in the Forgotten Realms.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
Alex

Post by Alex »

Kyderra wrote:First D&D i played i wanted to be a tiger / wolf type char... but that was not allowed >_>
You could always play Ironclaw or Jadeclaw, they're allowing only anthropomorphic characters.

Also... I'd play with Joey Image But not because of the game, but I just couldn't stand watching him being sad without a friend....
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

I would play with Joey dispite all of his rules and modifed txet and powergaming...because that is what I do best.
Make Pasta not war.
Liam

Post by Liam »

If everybody declined joining till this point, how can there be a powergaming group? @_@

Also, d20. I WIN!
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
arcict

Post by arcict »

Awww, poor Joey.

On the other hand...

If I were in King's shoes... er, whatever, I would be totally a resentful mean little cuss towards Pete. I would have totally pushed to get him to say why he was doing things and until then I would totally be trying to undermine whatever he was doing. And the first step in that would be to tell someone of the real situation, knowing word might spread. Heck, I'd get two people involved, one that I would befriend and have as my "confidant" and the other that I have as the one to spread the rumor around. Attempt to force the hand by making it not turn out... that is, whatever the plan is it seems to rely on secrecy, so secrecy I would take away.

But that's just me. :P
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

arcict wrote:Awww, poor Joey.

On the other hand...

If I were in King's shoes... er, whatever, I would be totally a resentful mean little cuss towards Pete. I would have totally pushed to get him to say why he was doing things and until then I would totally be trying to undermine whatever he was doing. And the first step in that would be to tell someone of the real situation, knowing word might spread. Heck, I'd get two people involved, one that I would befriend and have as my "confidant" and the other that I have as the one to spread the rumor around. Attempt to force the hand by making it not turn out... that is, whatever the plan is it seems to rely on secrecy, so secrecy I would take away.

But that's just me. :P
And don't you think, that King just CAN'T tell anyone anything about what had happen to him? Just like he can't tell his real name.
I wonder, if he can write it, or it will look like a scene from "Liar Liar" film with Jim Carrey? :lol:
I'm from Russia, so please, don't pay attention to my terrible accent ;)
See me on DeviantArt.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

So, who thought of me when they read the comic? :lol:
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Ahh memories...though thankfully I didn't have any friends that were quite that bad. The only similar thing I ever did was adding a pet system and chance tables for Warhammer Quest.
It's nice to see King again too.
Flamboyant-Pencil wrote:Rules schmools, if things get too complicated to be fun, just forget them. That should be rule #1 of any tabletop game :B
I agree. I played D&D once and decided it was way to heavy on the rules, leaving not enough room for imagination. Even though the rule book tells you "these are only guidlines, don't follow them if they get in the way," the people I knew then couldn't let them go. I much prefer World of Darkness games, like Werewolf and Mage. They have a nice set of flexible rules that are simple to learn but can be molded to work with anything you can imagine to do. But that's just my taste.
RaptorAnton wrote:And don't you think, that King just CAN'T tell anyone anything about what had happen to him? Just like he can't tell his real name.
I wonder, if he can write it, or it will look like a scene from "Liar Liar" film with Jim Carrey? :lol:
Yeah, this has me thinking a bit. It looks to me like King genuinely slipped and then corrected himself, but it seems unlikely that he would do so of his own volition. So I'm wondering if maybe Pete's spell command on him only effects what he can do or say consciously. When he was just talking without thinking it through first, he was able to say whatever came into his mind, but as soon as he caught himself saying it, his conscious mind took over, and because of the spell, he was required to consciously correct himself. If that's the case, that could lead to some interesting slip ups on his part, in the future.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Teh Brawler wrote:So, who thought of me when they read the comic? :lol:
Are you telling us that you have something in common with King?
Make Pasta not war.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Dylan wrote:
Yep; the inability to pick up D&D easily.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Dylan wrote:
Yep; the inability to pick up D&D easily.
Makes sense to me, I have to tell you...From now on, your name will be king.
Make Pasta not war.
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

I wonder how Joey is to carry as much documentation without getting tired... :|

(edit : my hundredth post!)
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Foldo wrote:I wonder how Joey is to carry as much documentation without getting tired... :|

(edit : my hundredth post!)
In a Bag of Holding of coarse :P

and cheers for the 100th post :D
The Game

Post by The Game »

Yes, hip hip hooray! and what not...

Did Kind seem...different looking from the Christmas arc?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

The Game wrote:Yes, hip hip hooray! and what not...

Slightly, but that's only because the hair between his earss is longer, so it's not that much of a change.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
The Game

Post by The Game »

Teh Brawler wrote:
The Game wrote:Yes, hip hip hooray! and what not...

Slightly, but that's only because the hair between his earss is longer, so it's not that much of a change.
Is that all you saw? He nose area seemed a lot shorter to me...So did his ears...
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I did not notice any difference.

YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

I don't know, when you put the two strips side by side, they look pretty much the same to me, except for the already mentioned hair length. Well, that and that Rick forgot the white spots above King's eyes in the first panel of the current strip. Other than that, I think any other differences can be attributed to the slight difference in the angles, such as the seeming shortness of his muzzle.

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I will add that drawing something consistently is not always easy. Pointing out minor discrepancies is not very nice! *laughs*

YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

lol, I can't tell you how many times I've forgoten to draw a tail on one of my characters, or forgotten to give them eyebrows, or various other things. I only feel comfortable pointing it out because I do that stuff so much myself, but you're right, that was a little rude. Sorry Rick.