Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Post by copper »

Wow, great story update. Bino gets to see what his trouble has wrought.

Too bad he won't be experiencing that first hand.

I do hope Grapenut and Peanut especially are okay. That visitor sounds like a bad guy for some reason...

Thoth will save the day! :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Bino/Thoth may get something out of being a cat. Talk about looking from the outside in.
Bino

Post by Bino »

I'm seriously wondering what Bino will choose... Being hated as a species he likes, or being accepted and possibly liked as a species he hates!
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

He may end up liking being a cat better. Far fewer baths, you know.
My characters
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

Since the whole Bino/Thoth thing is a new idea and not a preplanned thing like grapenut, I actually have no idea yet which way it'll go yet... but I'll figure something out. Also less baths does sound good in my opinion.

Another note visitor isn't a bad guy just saying!
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

I'm seriously wondering what Bino will choose... Being hated as a species he likes, or being accepted and possibly liked as a species he hates!
That's a tough question. I would have to say Being hated is Worse IMO. It's one thing to hate yourself for what you look like\who you are. Its something different to be hated by others, And live with the prospect of ultimate loneliness... I wonld 't be surprised is he stayed a cat and learned to like it. Anyway with his persona he might make a Great cat. :D
ChristopherJackal

Grape was half awake by the time the sun started to stream in from the window, since she refused to leave Peanut’s side last night some of the nurses had brought a bed for her to use. Not long after pushing the bed next to Peanut’s she had fallen asleep, now as she laid next to him though he was as motionless as before, it calmed her a bit just to be nearby. As carefully as she could Grape had wrapped her arm around Peanut and allowed herself to fall asleep once more.

As the purple feline slept the doctor made his way in followed by his pets, all of which were in shock as they looked at Peanut in his current condition, “I… is he going to be alright?” Opal was visibly upset as she looked up to her dad.

“I don’t really know Opal…” Sam was trying his hardest to comfort the dog as he bent down and gave her a hug, “but I can tell you I will try my hardest for your friend alright?” As she simply nodded he turned his attention to the cat snuggling up to his patient, “excuse me Ms. Grape but I’m going to have to ask you to move for me for a while alright?”

Grape let out a yawn as he lazily looked up getting slightly defensive over Peanut, “what are you going to do to him?”

Sam raised an eyebrow as he looked at the cat, “I’m going to do my best for him, so I’ll need you to step out for a while. Get yourself some breakfast; I’m sure you plan on staying here for a while so you’ll need it.” As he prepared to check up on Peanut he turned to his pets, “can you join her? I’m sure she could use the company.”

“Sure thing dad!” Alex immediately started to move everyone out the door, but as he looked at Grape he wasn’t entirely sure he knew who she was.

Grape was reluctant as she followed the three to the cafeteria, she didn’t like the idea of leaving Peanut but as he stomach started to grumble it was turning out obvious that she needed to.

It didn’t take long for the group to reach the cafeteria and get their food, but as they sat and ate their food Mr. Bigglesworth could help but notice that Grape wasn’t eating much, “you alright Grape?”

Grape just sighed as she put her head on the table trying to hide the tears that were starting to form, “No, how could things be alright?” As she sat backup she pushed her food away, “I’m not hungry… I’m going to go for a walk…”

The three sat in silence as Grape got up and left, Mr. Bigglesworth let out a sigh as he looked to the others, “poor Grape… I can’t imagine what she is going thorough now…”

Grape’s tears were becoming a steady stream as she stepped outside, never had she ever felt so alone, “why did you have to go and get yourself hurt Peanut?” Grape just had her arms crossed as he leaned on the wall next to the doors, with Max out of the picture and Peanut hurt she had nobody to go to now, nobody to help her through this. She had spent about a half hour outside before deciding to head back in, her face damp from all the tears. Walking into the room she was somewhat relieved that nobody else was in there, her bed was already gone so Grape had settled for the chair across from Peanut. She was silently willing him to get up as she continued to watch over him as a steady beep came from his heart monitor. As more hours passed more and more visitors came for Peanut, but as they came and went Grape only felt worse, she didn’t recognize most of them and was now regretting more than ever not taking an interest in Peanut or his club.

It wasn’t until Tarot arrived that Grape finally found someone she recognized, Tarot just smiled and hugged her as she entered, “hello Grape, I came by to drop this off.” The Pomeranian just held out an envelope signed with her name, “It’s for Peanut should he decide to rejoin us.”

As Grape took the envelope she was looking back at Peanut, “do you really think he’d decide not to come back?”

Tarot just shook her head, “I’m sorry Grape, but I don’t know…”

Thoth had remained outside as he watched the two from the window, his original plan was to stay away from Grape but as he looked on Tarot was signaling him to come in. Thoth had to take a deep breath before entering the room, “umm… hi.”

Grape just assumed he was someone else from Peanut’s club as she greeted the other cat, “hey, you here to see Peanut too?”

Thoth just looked around nervously, “ummm… I’m just here with Tarot…”

Tarot smiled as she looked up to him, “he’ll be visiting for a while, friend of the family.”

Thoth was rubbing his arm as he watched the purple cat, he was still nervous that she would figure out who he was, “So… umm… what happened?”

The way Grape was glaring at him made his ears fall flat, “I’ll tell you what happened, the tyrant known as Bino happened.” The rage was apparent in her eyes as she talked about the dog, “he got off easy with that obedience school, but so help him if I ever see him again!”

For the first time since changing into a cat Thoth was happy to be himself rather than Bino. Tarot was quick to try and calm Grape down but Thoth was still rather uncomfortable around her, “hey Tarot, can we go now? She seems rather…” as Grape glared at him he decided to choose his words carefully, “umm… upset… maybe she’d like to be alone?”

Tarot nodded as she turned to Thoth, “you’re right we should take our leave, but she will not be left alone for long.” As she followed Thoth to the door she turned back to Grape for a second, “remember you have to trust Grape.”

The morning was quickly making way to the afternoon as more and more visitors came to visit Peanut. After what seemed like hours Grape was finally left alone once more, Peanut was still as motionless as ever as she watched over him. The stresses of the day were starting to wear her as she curled up on the chair, slowly but surely her eyes started to drop and soon enough despite fighting against it Grape fell asleep.

The cat managed to sleep for a good hour and a half before small noises made her ear twitch and she started to stir. Sure enough as Grape opened her eyes there were two eyes staring straight back at her, “Hi! Did you have a nice nap?”

Grape was a little uneasy with this cat, she was a little on the happy side and the fact that her eyes didn’t match wasn’t helping, “ummm hi?”

The white cat just smiled as she held out a hand, “I’m Karrie! I’m not sure we’ve met before.”

Grape sat up straight as she focused on the cat, “I’m Grape, are you here to see Peanut?” As she looked over the cat’s shoulder a dog was seen standing in the corner, “and who is he?”

As she looked over her shoulder Karrie just smiled, “That’s Dante! He’s here to help Peanut; I’m here to take you to lunch in the mean time.”

Looking at the dog, Grape wasn’t entirely sure she liked the idea of leaving him alone with Peanut. As she walked over to him the redness in his eyes made her a little nervous, “what are you going to do to him?”

“I’m going to talk to him of course, but having others in the room will be a distraction so please go get yourself some lunch,” Dante just smiled a bit as he turned back to Peanut.

All Grape could think about was what Tarot had said, but how could she trust someone she didn’t know? In the end she knew she had to so she just turned to follow the white cat out mumbling under her breath, “You couldn’t have made it someone easier to trust Tarot?” Just before they left the room Grape turned and glared at the dog, “you have no idea how much he means to me so if anything happens to him I’ll find you!”

Dante just smiled as the two left, “I know more than you know Grape,” The redness of his eyes began to glow brighter and in a matter of seconds he was gone.

As Peanut opened his eyes he found himself floating in a vast emptiness of black, “where am I?” Looking around there was nothing to be seen, Peanut’s ears fell flat as the silence was getting to him, “hello?”

“Hello Peanut,” out of nowhere a giant Kitsune appeared in a red puff of smoke, “we need to have a little chat.”

So Opal and Alex's dad will be Peanut's doctor, not sure anyone remembers but I think I said he was a doctor a good while back! Also small visit from Thoth, but he shall return again so I didn't focus on it much. And of course the visitor is one of my characters who also happens to be Kitsune's avatar! OH MY!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Wow, the Great Kitsune. This will be awesome. Great update there.
Cory

Post by Cory »

We get to see where Peanut is WOO! I like it! Cant' wait for the next update.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Awesome as always, Chris. Very good update.

Peanut is going to have a time talking to someone like the great kitsune, though.

So is Karrie an avatar or just a friend? Or is that spoiler territory?

Grape makes me feel sad. Poor Grape...
My characters
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

The Great Kitsune?! Oh, dear... I sense strange developments ahead...
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

I knew it! With these Red eyes glowing it could only e our good old wisecracker! And since Dante seems to be his avatar now, shall we expect changing of avatars? :D
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
ChristopherJackal

Peanut should have fun meeting the Great Kitsune, so should make for an interesting conversation.

As for Dante and Karrie, Dante is and will remain as the Kitsune's avatar. So no avatar changing will happen. Karrie is Dante's girlfriend and was just there to comfort Grape while the Kitsune does his job.

Also I can say there is still one spirit *cough cough* Pete *cough cough* who needs an avatar, but that wont happen till like the last update. So wonder who that'll be!

Also again, should probably feel sad for Grape. Can you imagine finally accepting feelings for someone because they are in critical conditions at the hospital? It's gotta suck
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

ChristopherJackal wrote: Also again, should probably feel sad for Grape. Can you imagine finally accepting feelings for someone because they are in critical conditions at the hospital? It's gotta suck [/color]

Yeah, I can image. Who can blame her?
The Moon Howler

Barkeron wrote:Yeah, I can image. Who can blame her?
Some cold hearted evil person (like Kizer ... ok 'twas a joke :D)
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Cory

Post by Cory »

Random speculation of the day: Thoth is gonna be Pete's avatar! maybe?
Bino

Post by Bino »

Dante is the great kitsune???? That's so awesome!!!
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

This update is packed full of awesome! :D Peanut and Great Kitsune what at interesting idea for them to meet I just can't wait to see where this goes :)
ChristopherJackal

Peanut just stared wide eyed at the spirit in front of him, “WOW! What are you?” His tail was already starting to wag as his excitement grew.

“You can just call me the Great Kitsune, think of me as a referee of sorts should your life be seen as a game,” Kitsune was just grinning down at the excited dog.

“A referee?” Peanut’s head was slightly tilted as he looked up confused, “does that mean you’re a spirit too? Like the Spirit Dragon?” Peanut wasn’t able to hold in his excitement as the Kitsune nodded, “wow! That’s so cool! Can you read mi-“

“Minds? Yes,” Kitsune chuckled a bit as Peanut’s tail picked up speed, leaning in closer he focused in on the dog, “lets see what we have here… Green, 42, Tarot, bacon, Freedom to Play, more bacon, Spot the Superdog, Weird Al, and… Kib Bowl.”

Peanut was about ready to explode with excitement, “that is so awesome!”

As Peanut was practically jumping around the Great Kistune just shook his head, “Peanut I need you to focus for me right now, this is important and you do not have a lot of time.”

Peanut attention went back to the Kitsune as he was starting to settle down, “a lot of time for what?”

The Kistune just sighed as he waved a hand in the air, as Peanut focused on what he was doing an image of him in the hospital bed appeared, “you do not have a lot of time Peanut, an hour here is a day in reality. As I talk to you now we are halfway through the first of your three days, after that… well you will not be around any longer… the decision you have to make will not be an easy one, but it must be made before your time is up.”

Peanut’s eyes were wide as he looked at himself on the bed, “am I…” He could feel his eyes starting to water at the thought of it.

“No you’re still very much alive Peanut, but just barely. You have Tarot to thank for that actually.” Confusion was clearly seen on Peanut’s face, causing the Kitsune to sigh again, “you were protected remember? Normally nobody would make it after what you went through. So I am here to ask you if you want to go back or let yourself go for the better.”

Peanut was trying his hardest to understand but a lot of what the Kistune was saying just wasn’t making sense to him, “what do you mean let myself go for the better?”

The Kitsune just grinned as he leaned in closer to the dog, “well whatever you choose will affect how things pan out from here on, and not just for you but all of Babylon Gardens. The decision would have been too easy if there weren’t proper pros and cons to each choice, so tell me Peanut which do you wish to hear first?”

Peanut had to think about it for a minute, which did he want to know first? The more he thought the more he knew he didn’t want to go anywhere and to see his friends so he settled on that first, “ok, what happens if I go back?”

“I knew you’d pick that first,” The Kitsune was smiling as he waved his hand once more causing more images to show, “everyone will be happy to see you when you return, and I can personally guarantee happiness for you and everyone else for the rest of the year. Fido and Sabrina’s child will be born healthy and happy; you yourself may have kids I might add.” The Kitsune’s smile grew bigger as he let all the information sink in before continuing, “But… that’s just the good news, after this year is up your happiness and everyone else’s in turn will be tested by a great force. Hard times will come to you and anyone born from interspecies parents, deciding to go back will put everything you are fighting for now at risk once again. It won’t be until after you have overcome this new enemy, assuming that you do, that Babylon Gardens will be at peace for good. It will not be easy, and some decisions you will have to make may drive you near insanity, but the end results will be worth it.”

Looking up to the giant kitsune Peanut’s tail was already wagging, that didn’t sound too bad, “is that it?” Peanut was smiling from ear to ear, “I want to go back!”

The Great Kitsune couldn’t help but laugh at the dog’s eagerness, “now wait a minute there Peanut,” he was waving a finger in front of him, “you have yet to hear the other side of the argument.”
Peanut was pouting as his ears fell flat, “but it didn’t sound too bad!”

The Great Kitsune just shook his head as he crossed his arms, “I think you are severely underestimating how bad things will get, but let’s continue regardless shall we? We are on a time limit after all.” The kitsune was smiling as Peanut just nodded, “good now listen carefully, should you decide not to go back,” again with a wave of his hand a picture of all Peanut’s friends and family appeared, “you will be leaving behind everyone who loves and cares for you…” Kitsune’s face went to one more serious as some of the pictures faded away; leaving a select few “your passing will greatly affect a certain few, to an extent you probably can’t even imagine. One important enough to note will be your house mate Grape, she dumped Max because of what happened to you, and after losing you too well… let’s just say things don’t go very well at first unfortunately.”

Peanut’s tail stopped wagging almost instantly, “then I have to go back! I can’t do that to anyone!”

Again the Great Kitsune shook his head, “you’re not letting me finish Peanut, that’s just the bad.” As the pictures faded away more took their place, this time of the park, “losing you will be considered a great lose for the community, so much that the Miltons will have a statue of you built in the center of the park. You will be considered a hero to all for what you did for interspecies relationships. It will take time for everyone to accept that you are no longer there, but afterwards there will be no fighting, no chaos, nothing but peace for everyone and anyone. Any attempt at causing trouble gets put out faster than it can start, even Grape will find happiness in the end. Deciding not to go back will insure that Fido and Sabrina’s child will live a full and happy life, along with all the next generation that is to come, and if I recall correctly you yourself said you would do whatever it takes to help Fido and Sabrina…” As the kitsune focused on the dog it was plain to see he was deep in thought, “it’s not an easy decision to make Peanut, as of right now you still have an hour and a half before your time is up. Take your time to think it over, but it will be best if you have a decision for me within at least an hour.” As he started to fade away the Kitsune was giving him a big grin, “just call for me when you’re ready.”

As he was left alone Peanut’s mind was going a mile a minute, “Can I really make this decision? I don’t wanna go, but maybe I should… if it’ll mean everyone is happy…” Peanut was in a major state of indecision as he sat alone in the darkness, “Why do I have to make this decision? It’s too hard!” He just let out a sigh as he head fell in his hands, “maybe it won’t be too bad if I go back… but I don’t want to put anyone at risk… and I did say I would do whatever it took for Fido and Sabrina…” As time continued to slip by the decision only seemed harder and harder to make, there was just too much pressure, his mind just couldn’t decide. Getting up from where he was Peanut knew the decision was too hard to make, so maybe the Kitsune could help? “hello? Are you there Great Kitsune?”

Once again the kitsune materialized in front of the dog, “you rang?”

“I can’t make up my mind! I don’t know what to do... can you help me decide?” Peanut was getting desperate; he didn’t like being the one to make such a big decision that affected so many.

The Great Kitsune just shook his head, “Sorry Peanut but I can’t help you, this decision is yours and yours alone, but you now only have a half hour left… you must decide soon.”

Peanut’s mind was going into a state of panic, “but I can’t!” In a last ditch effort his brain finally came up with something, “can you promise me that everyone will be happy if I go?” Seeing the kitsune nod Peanut let out a small sigh, “can you also promise to watch over Grape, and mom and dad… I don’t want them to be sad…”

The Great Kitsune just smiled, “I will do my best for them, so then you are deciding to let yourself go then?” A small glow began to shine in the distance as the Kitsune’s eyes began to glow, “follow me Peanut, it’s time to go.”

Back in reality Grape was sitting in a chair by Peanut’s bedside, a few days had already passed and the doctors reports weren’t good… if Peanut didn’t show any signs of coming back then she’d lose him. Nobody came to visit that day, even knew Peanut needed to make some sort of miraculous recovery but it just didn’t seem likely anymore. Grape knew she wanted to cry, but now she just didn’t have any tears left as she leaned onto his bed, her head resting on his stomach. She was going to drift into another nap, but one tiny detail caught her attention and made her head shoot up, the steady beeping from the heart monitor was beginning to slow. “Peanut! No! Please… you can’t…” Grape was in a panic as the beeping got slower and slower, “don’t leave me Peanut… please… I need you!”

As Peanut walked with the kitsune his heart was feeling rather low, he didn’t like the decision but he somehow convinced himself it was the right one. As they continued on Peanut’s ears began to twitch as he heard something, almost instinctively his head turned to find the inaudible noise, “What is that?”

As the Great Kitsune focused on the noise a small smile started to form across his face, “your body is letting you go now Peanut, that is the one who truly loves you pleading for you to come back as they are left to watch you slip away.”

Peanut’s ears immediately fell back, “they’re there now? Watching me go?” Peanut could feel his eyes starting to water as the words became more audible, “I…I can’t go!” As fast as he could Peanut turned and ran the other way.

Again the kitsune just grinned, “somehow I knew you’d change your mind…” With a quick blink of the eye he appeared in front of peanut stopping him in his tracks, “I can still let you go back if you want, and I’ll heal most of your wounds, just say that it’s what you want.”

Peanut’s tail was wagging slightly, “I want to go back! Please!”

“Alright,” The Great Kitsune’s eyes began to glow once more, “I just need you to do one thing for me Peanut, and I’m sure you know what that is.”

Peanut didn’t have to think about it, he had done it already once before, “Wake up!” In an instant Peanut found himself staring at the ceiling of the hospital. “Wow… I’m-”

Peanut never had the chance to finish his sentence as Grape immediately hugged him tight, “Peanut! I was so afraid I’d lose you!”

“Oww Grape! That hurts!” Peanut was still very sore as she hugged him tight, causing small jolts of pain.

“Sorry,” Grape just flashed him an apologetic smile as she sat back in her chair, “I’m just glad that your back…” She knew she was blushing as she looked to the floor, “I actually have something I need to tell-”

“Where’s Tarot?” Grape didn’t have a chance to finish as Peanut was eagerly looking around the room, “the Great Kistune said she’d be here!”

Grape’s ears fell flat as she held the envelope, “she’s… she’s not here right now Peanut. She told me to give this to you though…”

Peanut’s tail was wagging as he took the envelope, “oh boy! What is it?”

Grape couldn’t bear to look at him as he eagerly tore into the envelope. Although she never read the letter, she knew exactly what it was going to say. Her ears fell lower as a small whimper escaped the dog she loved, signifying the point in the letter he was at, “Peanut…”

As she looked up tears were already forming as Peanut continued to re-read the letter, somehow hoping what he was reading was wrong. Instinctively Grape had wrapped her arms around the dog as carefully as she could, “Tarot is breaking up with me…”

Grape could feel her fur start to get wet as she started to lightly rubbing his back, “I’m so sorry Peanut…” The two remained like that until Peanut’s tears finally slowed to just a sniffle, Grape’s heart was aching as she looked at Peanut so depressed; she had to do something for him, “Peanut?”

Peanut let out another sniffle as he looked up to Grape, “yeah…?”

Grape did her best to smile for him as she pet his head, “can you do me a favor? I was so worried about you… can you put on a smile for me? It would mean a lot to me…”

Peanut’s gaze shifted to the floor as his ears fell, “but… Tarot…”

Grape was determined to help Peanut, she was useless as he laid in the bed not too long ago, but now she had to do something to ease the pain he felt for Tarot. The realization hit her hard as her conversation with Tarot came flooding back to her mind, “just like she did…” Grape could feel herself start to blush as she placed her hand under Peanut’s chin lifting his face to look at her.

Peanut didn’t have time to react as she pressed her lips to his. He knew he loved Tarot, but something inside was keeping him from pushing her away. All of his instincts were telling him to wrap his arms around her, to hold her close and never let go. Something about that kiss just felt right.

Just outside the room a white cat was smiling as she watched the two, “They’re just so cute together don’t you think?”

Dante appeared beside her, smiling just the same, “but only time will tell if he made the right choice… I think it’s time we took our leave love.”

Karrie just smiled again and nodded, “I think you’re right, let’s leave them be.” Linking their arms together the two turned and left the hospital.

So I redid the Grape and Peanut part like four times, you guys better like it or else! :evil: naw it's cool if you don't... I guess... anywho so minor Grapenut goodness yay! Not sure I actually have much more to say about it though so hope you enjoyed it!
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

:x I HATE IT!(it's a joke! ok Mods?) It’s a well-made update... I'm still bitter that Bino lost...
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Wow, amazing, Chris. Peanut almost went out the heroic way, but love was too strong for him to resist, huh?

So tarot isn't even going to help in the coming difficulties? Man, that sucks. And interspecies relationships are going to suffer horribly. I guess KizerZin has something to look forward to then.

Can't wait for the next update, dude. The epicness is killing me.
My characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

absolutely wonderful update! I know I say that a lot but this was really special. seriously great job CJ! in fact I read this update five times just make sure conceptually grasped the whole thing.-simply wonderful :!:

Now don't get me wrong I love whole Update and I am not evil like KizerZin. But personally I was hoping Peanut would do the heroic thing and choose option two. You know the whole "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" spiel. :geek:

On the other hand Peanut has a whole year to prepare for whatever drama unfolds.: the Sarah Connor method: "there's no fate but what we make for ourselves" if anyone in the HP universe could do battle with the hands of fate Peanut might stand the best chance!

coppers right this is indeed epic incarnate. the suspense is killing me I can't wait for your next update (oh and forgive the geek moment sometimes My thoughts can me kinda.. umm...weird :lol: )
Bino

Post by Bino »

Oh. My. God. I only have one thing to say...

That was the cutest thing i've ever read!!!!!!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

So Peanut decided to stay. Awesome. And an new enemy huh? Wow. Anyways great update CJ. I think this update came out nicely.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Well, at least this is biding well for Grape and Peanut... now let's just cross fingers. With you, things are never that easy, you sly CJ!
Anyway, at the risk of sounding pesky (sorry in advance, mods), if the spirit hadn't protectedm Peanut, he'd be DEAD. That makes Bino a virtual ASSASSIN, not just a mean dog. Frankly, the idea of forgiveness to such a VILLAIN is simply unthinkable. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Moon Howler

valerio wrote:Well, at least this is biding well for Grape and Peanut... now let's just cross fingers. With you, things are never that easy, you sly CJ!
Anyway, at the risk of sounding pesky (sorry in advance, mods), if the spirit hadn't protectedm Peanut, he'd be DEAD. That makes Bino a virtual ASSASSIN, not just a mean dog. Frankly, the idea of forgiveness to such a VILLAIN is simply unthinkable. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Everyone can be forgiven, if he manages to make up for his mistakes!
Also, CJ! You are ... AWESOME!

My RP Characters
ChristopherJackal

I didn't say Tarot wasn't going to help, she'll help but not in a direct way. She does have a new project to look after now so she may be a bit busy.

Well a lot of preparation could be done in the year that they have but with it being Peanut he may forget all about it... but nevertheless his upbeat never say never attitude should come in handy.

As for Grapenut, considering I was planning on ending this fanfic at the end of the year, it should for the most part be happiness from here on. Leaving it there means I can end on a good note and leave potential for a second story, though as of right now I guarantee nothing for a second story...

Also I agree that everyone can be forgiven, or at least given a second chance. It depends on how they use that second chance though that really matters.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Sindorei wrote:
valerio wrote:Well, at least this is biding well for Grape and Peanut... now let's just cross fingers. With you, things are never that easy, you sly CJ!
Everyone can be forgiven, if he manages to make up for his mistakes!
Yup. Sindorei is right. Every one can be forgiven. With Peanut being Peanut, he will probably forgive and forget.
The Moon Howler

Barkeron wrote: Sindorei is right. Every one can be forgiven. With Peanut being Peanut, he will probably forgive and forget.
Please, call me TMH

My RP Characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

TMH is right. Every one can be forgiven. With Peanut being Peanut, he will probably forgive and forget.

Most likely... and I do believe that that almost anyone can be forgiven... For Bino to have really change its not enough to just be forgiven... his journey would have to be much longer... Redemption last a life time. to Quote Shakespeare:
O villain! Thou wilt be condemned into everlasting redemption for this.

Forgiveness is one thing redemption is another... Bino might be better off as a cat and taking his secret past to the grave.
Absol

Post by Absol »

Kondog wrote:Forgiveness is one thing redemption is another... Bino might be better off as a cat and taking his secret past to the grave.
I actually agree with this idea; only Fido and MAYBE Bino's owner want him back. Living as Thoth just as Joel now lives as King is something that might end up being what's best for him.
ChristopherJackal

The world faded around him as Peanut gave in to instincts and returned the kiss. His body hated him for forcing his free arm to wrap around her despite the movements causing jolts of pain. He needed to know that she was there, that he wasn’t dreaming. His heart raced as it was set ablaze by that kiss, reigniting the long lost flame that was once snuffed out by rejection. Neither of the two wanted that kiss to end but the need to breath eventually forced them to part, both taking the chance to catch their breath. Peanut used his breathing time to think, he was now more confused than ever. As he looked to Grape she a blushing deeper than he could ever remember seeing, but what was that all about? She had never shown interest in him before… thinking about it her rejection was what led him to Tarot in the first place. He knew he still loved Tarot but he could feel that old flame he felt for Grape burning anew, bigger and brighter than ever, causing him only more confusion.

Grape shifted uncomfortably as the silence around them started to get to her, she had to say something to break the silence, “Sorry Peanut, I was just so worried about you and I really wanted to see you smile…” She flashed him a sheepish smile as she saw his tail wagging slightly, “good to know it worked though…”

As Grape continued talking Peanut’s mind was elsewhere, he was still trying to figure out what was going on. The more he thought about it, the more the Great Kistune’s words had come to mind, and with Grape still blushing as much as was before it didn’t take long for Peanut to finally make the connections. He was smiling as he thought about it, if the kiss they shared was any indication as to how things would turn out then he would be more than happy to give it a shot.

Grape let out an annoyed sigh as she noticed Peanut was smiling, “are you even listening to me?” The silence that followed was more than enough of an answer as she rolled her eyes, “honestly Peanut, sometimes your attention span is-” Grape was quickly cut of as this time Peanut kissed her, the kiss was more than welcomed but she could feel Peanut wince as the sudden movements shot pain through his body once more. Reluctantly she had to pull away, but before Peanut could protest she placed a finger on his lips and gently pushed him back down, “I love you Peanut, but you’re sore all over, you need to lie down for a while.”

As Peanut did as he was told he made some room on the bed and looked up to Grape with big puppy dog eyes, “but I don’t want to sleep alone.”

Grape couldn’t help but laugh at the way Peanut looked, as carefully as she could Grape had climbed into the bed and snuggled close to Peanut and finally allowed herself to sleep peacefully.

Grape fell asleep almost instantly, but Peanut remained awake for a while longer. He could feel the vibrations coming from her as she purred happily in her sleep, slowly but surely it was causing his eyes to close as he nuzzled into her, “love you Grape…” Giving one last yawn he fell asleep.

The two only managed to sleep for about an hour until Sam and his pets came in to check up on Peanut, “has there been any impr…” his voice trailed off and he dropped his clipboard as he saw Grape and Peanut sleeping soundly in the bed. As he got closer he could see most of Peanut’s injuries were gone and he looked normal. The doctor was at a loss for words, never had he seen something like this. Now he needed to run a quick check on Peanut to see how he was doing, slowly he started to shake the sleeping cat, “Grape…. Grape wake up, I need to do a check up on Peanut.”

Grape was feeling a little groggy as she opened her eyes, “huh?” looking around she saw the doctor looking at her, “what’s going on?”

Peanut woke up soon after as he let out a yawn, opening his eyes he saw the doctor looking at him intently “Grape? Who’s that?”

“I’m the doctor Peanut, and it seems you’ve made some miraculous recovery, so I’m going to have to check you out to see if you’re doing alright. Will that be ok?” Sam smiled a bit as Peanut just nodded, though as he looked to Grape she seemed as if she was about to go back to sleep, “this shouldn’t take too long Grape, can you go get some food for yourself and Peanut? I’m sure he’s hungry; just don’t get any solid foods for him.”

“Fine, I’ll be right back alright Peanut?” She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before reluctantly rolling out of the bed, it wasn’t until afterwards that she noticed the other pets in the room and started to blush a bit.

Opal was looking at the two with her as she smiled a bit; she had to know what was going on now, “can I go with her dad?” As soon as he nodded she was immediately next to Grape smiling. Mr. Bigglesworth and Alex were going to follow but Opal quickly shook her head, “we’re going to have girl talk! You two stay with dad!” They weren’t two steps out the door when she already started her questions, “So, does this mean you’ll be coming to our club meeting now?”

Grape’s blush only deepened as she knew what the dog was implying, “yeah I suppose, but only of it’s ok for Peanut to be out and about… he may have to stay home for a while.”

“So…” Opal wasn’t really sure how to go about asking why she was with Peanut when everyone thought he was with Tarot, “what about…” her voice trailed off as she was trying to figure out how to ask without seeming rude.

Grape knew exactly what the dog was trying to ask, “Tarot?” Opal just nodded as she let out a sigh, “she dumped Peanut so that I could be with him. She had told me the first day we met that she would step aside if I ever returned the feelings Peanut had for me, and I guess almost losing him made me realize how much he really means to me.”

“That’s so romantic!” Opal was all giddy inside, “tragedy brings two lovers closer than ever before! It’s the classic romance novel situation! I love it!”

As they continued on Grape was somewhat grateful that they reached the cafeteria, it gave her a small break from the never ending questions Opal seemed to have for her. Looking around though, she now had a question for her, “what exactly should I get for Peanut?”

“Ice cream!” Opal took Grape by the hand and led her over to the freezer, “they pretty much have every flavor, and the chocolate is pet friendly!”

Grape was somewhat amazed at the amount of ice cream available, “I guess I’ll probably take some for me too…” Grabbing a tub to share with Peanut and some spoons Grape was ready to head back.

The two were about to start back to the room when they were quickly cut off by Alex and Mr. Bigglesworth, “hey Opal, come on we’re going to go tell everyone that Peanut is ok!”

Grape was somewhat relieved to be alone again; she wasn’t really sure she felt like answering more questions at the moment. As she entered the room Peanut was sitting alone on his bed, “hey Peanut, I got us some ice cream.” Taking a spot next to him she lightly kissed his cheek, “I got your favorite cookies and cream.”

Peanut’s tail started to wag almost instantly, “Oh boy!”

Grape was shaking her head as she watched him try and fail to open the container with one of his arms stuck in a sling, “how about I open that while you tell me what the doctor said Peanut.”

Peanut was about to resort to his teeth as he handed the container over, “the doctor?” taking the moment to look over himself he tried to remember everything he was told, “he said my arm is broken and one of my legs, but other than that I just need some of the pills he left on the table over there for when I get sore.”

Letting out a sigh of relief Grape was at least happy with that, “So does that mean we can go home today?”

Peanut was eagerly holding out his hand as she handed him the ice cream, “no, he said he wanted to check out something else, so he said maybe tomorrow… wait we?” Peanut was about to start whining as he was still having trouble keeping the container still so he could scoop out the ice cream.

“Ugh, give me that!” Taking the ice cream back Grape had scooped out as big a scoop as possible and held it up for Peanut, “open up.” Immediately Peanut did as he was told and happily ate the ice cream, “and yes we, I haven’t been home either since you got here. I spent most of the time in here watching you while you were lying there.”

Peanut was actually rather surprised to hear that, “you stayed here the whole time?” Just the thought of it made him happy, but the way he was smiling made some of the ice cream start to drip down the side of his mouth.

“Peanut you’re going to make a mess like that,” before he could wipe it away Grape had licked the ice cream off and flashed him a small smile, “you’re welcome.”

Peanut was now blushing deeply as he stared wide eyed at Grape, “wh… what was that?”

Grape just giggled at the way he was acting, “well considering you ate all the ice cream I at least wanted to taste some of it.” Peanut was still blushing slightly as she snuggled close to him, “but since you haven’t had a good wash in a few days, I may have to give you a good tongue bath anyways to clean you up a bit.” Grape knew she had broken his mind as she looked up smiling, “love you Peanut.”

This one was just supposed to be a bit cutesy for Grapenut, but I hope I didn't push it too much with the whole tongue bath thing... it was just a joke. Also so thanks to the Kitsune Peanut is for the most part alright yay! Should probably just need a wheel chair for a while! The next update will probably be mostly just visitors and them finally heading home. After that I'll probably focus a bit on Thoth more than start on wrapping everything up.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tongue bath for the win! :D
Your ficcie rocks, CJ! AND UBERYAY FOR SWEET GRAPENUT!
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Good update! Its nice to see Peanut feeling better. And even thou I am not a Grapenut Fan even I could appreciate it.
“That’s so romantic!” Opal was all giddy inside, “tragedy brings two lovers closer than ever before! It’s the classic romance novel situation! I love it!”

And is that the sound of the 4th wall breaking... maybe just a little : lol:
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

Kondog wrote:Good update! Its nice to see Peanut feeling better. And even thou I am not a Grapenut Fan even I could appreciate it.

And is that the sound of the 4th wall breaking... maybe just a little : lol:
Sounds to me more like a lampshade hanging. ^^

I enjoy these Grapenut scenes, but I can't deny that I'm excited to see Thoth more. And the tonguebath was cute and pretty funny. Poor Peanut can't go a day without suffering a BSOD, can he?
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

That was the cutest thing you have done yet! I sometimes can't believe what you come up with.

Only one phrase can describe this. DAWWW!
My characters
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

a nice update... for all this lovey-dovey gahhh…
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Ah, a lovely Grapenut sence to make my day. This fic really came a long way.
The Moon Howler

CJ! You... You ... You are ... EPIC! PURE EPIC!
Everything else i can say is SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! and D'AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!

My RP Characters
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Update like this makes me glad I didn't stop reading this fic earlier. Nothing beats a good ol' grapenut action.