Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
valerio

Re: current comic

Post by valerio »

Kyderra wrote:I'm now picturing Peanut dancing with his headset on to the Weird Al polka remix.
.... I know I did

(or white and nerdy)
OOOOOHHH, MY BRAINS ARE MELTIIIIINNNG. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tarot looks cuter and cuter :D
Alex

Post by Alex »

valerio wrote:Tarot looks cuter and cuter :D
I agree. And she's right - Grape should apologize to Peanut. He deserved it.

Also, I hope she's gonna spend more time with him from now on. Not that I am for Peanut x Grape, but I feel sorry for him.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

vorpal wrote:
You don't think Peanut going all emo-Peter Parker from Spiderman 3 is a possibility?
I doubt it. And yeah Grape should apologize to Peanut. Its only fair.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Alex wrote:
valerio wrote:Tarot looks cuter and cuter :D
I agree. And she's right - Grape should apologize to Peanut. He deserved it.

Also, I hope she's gonna spend more time with him from now on. Not that I am for Peanut x Grape, but I feel sorry for him.
I agree, with all of you about this, but the question remains. What will happen when/if Grape apologizes? I will hold strong to Peanut's "dam" and "flood gates" breaking. But what will happen after that does happen? (I'm going to assume it will...one day at least.) It does seem as though that Peanut and Grape have grown a bight apart *coughGrapsfaultcough.* At least I was partly right about what would happen soon, so that’s a pulse. :mrgreen:

I just want to clarify incase some people don't understand why Tarot did not her "Psychic Powers." The reason behind this is because Tarot is very VERY smart, she know that in a situation like this, Grape needed to learn from her mistakes to be a better person...err.. I mean pet. If you ask why its because this is a life experience that has to be learned. You must let someone realize their mistake(s) and if they have trouble realizing what they did wrong like grape did then someone has to help them realize it like Tarot did, so that person and or PET, can realize their folly(s) if it happens again and make sure it does not happen.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

In addition to Grape apologizing, i'm hoping Max does something to help out as well. Hearing most of these things, i would guess he's realizing he's been a third wheel or at least putting stress on Grape and Peanut at least.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

GameCobra wrote:In addition to Grape apologizing, i'm hoping Max does something to help out as well. Hearing most of these things, i would guess he's realizing he's been a third wheel or at least putting stress on Grape and Peanut at least.
I had completly forgot about Max. I think its going to be hard to say what Max will do. But if I had to guess, Max is going to talk to Peanut eather before Grape does or after and I think it will eather end with Max say the wrong about something (probably about Grape) and Peanut punches him and fight starts, or something along those lines. Or Peanut ends up accidentally telling Max he loves Grape.

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Cerberusx wrote:Max say the wrong about something (probably about Grape) and Peanut punches him
Such terrible wrath and discord within the House of Sandwich
ImageImage
ImageImage
arcict

Post by arcict »

Meh, Linkin Park is more effective. I've like listening to LP whenever I feel depressed and need something to listen to.

...Is max's expression because Tarot is making an "expeditious retreat" past him, or is he expressing a kind of nervous "oh no, we're going to get caught" kind of thing?

Makes me wonder if Tarot and Max aren't in on it together...

...nah!
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Well, if Grape HAD been preempted....

But, as we've seen in this comic, quick fixes are not the way to go in such a good storyline :roll: . (The first person to mention the comic "Quick Fix" from two weeks ago is getting smacked across the back of the head with a bag of Feral Mix :P)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm taking a good guess at this point that Grape will ask Max to leave nicely and just play with Peanut alone at this point to make up for the trouble.

As much as i like to see Max stay and fix things up, i'm starting to get the feeling though that won't happen in this arc, but maybe in a future arc the more i look at it.
valerio

Post by valerio »

it's the most plausible solution. But first she's gonna try to convince him that what she said HERE
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comics/2 ... t-much.png
was true and still valid. And I fear it won't suffice a mere 'sorry'...
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

GameCobra wrote:I'm taking a good guess at this point that Grape will ask Max to leave nicely and just play with Peanut alone at this point to make up for the trouble.

As much as i like to see Max stay and fix things up, i'm starting to get the feeling though that won't happen in this arc, but maybe in a future arc the more i look at it.
I do not think that will happen comrade Game. Something like this can't just be fixed with a snap of the fingers.

valerio

Post by valerio »

There is a major chance that, when Grape go apologize to Peanut, it will be him to tell her that in the end he couldn't expect to be at the center of her attention forever, that after all Max is her boyfriend and she didn't act out of bad faith.
Peanut will try to put stiff upper lip, but his heart will stay broken, no matter what. :( :cry:
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

If this was BCB, Grape and Peanut would be having apologetic makeout time...

Thank God this is Housepets!
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

... I'm afraid that I really can't complain about Apologetic Makeout Time.
ImageImage
ImageImage
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

I feel like it would be to large of a jump
I kind of want to see them mature one step at a time
I'm waiting for Peanut's first kiss, makeout time can wait
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

valerio wrote:There is a major chance that, when Grape go apologize to Peanut, it will be him to tell her that in the end he couldn't expect to be at the center of her attention forever, that after all Max is her boyfriend and she didn't act out of bad faith.
Peanut will try to put stiff upper lip, but his heart will stay broken, no matter what. :( :cry:
I honestly don't think it will come down that road.

Sure, there's a chance that Peanut may think that, but i'm confident that Grape can easily fix that just as easily as hurt it. Grape was embarassed to tell Peanut that they were friends, but she never really understood the problem then. THIS time she understands, and there's a good chance in my opinion she'll go the extra effort to fix Peanut up, which i'm sure even Peanut will be happy to accept.

Who knows, if Tarot was still there, maybe Grape will even go so far as to play Str~ *gets shot by lightning*
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

my last post in this thread was sarcastic sinder, jeez

doop doop doop, I think that we'll be switching over to the arc threads soon, since Imaginate, Too feels like it's wrapping up. Whether or not that's accurate i dunno.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Is anyone expecting a very adorable, emotional one-on-one PeanutxGrape conversation coming up?? I am!!
It looks weird seeing them say 'girlfriend' or 'boyfriend' though. Don't know why, just is.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Cerberusx wrote: I just want to clarify incase some people don't understand why Tarot did not her "Psychic Powers." The reason behind this is because Tarot is very VERY smart, she know that in a situation like this, Grape needed to learn from her mistakes to be a better person...err.. I mean pet. If you ask why its because this is a life experience that has to be learned. You must let someone realize their mistake(s) and if they have trouble realizing what they did wrong like grape did then someone has to help them realize it like Tarot did, so that person and or PET, can realize their folly(s) if it happens again and make sure it does not happen.
Cerberusx wrote: I had completly forgot about Max. I think its going to be hard to say what Max will do. But if I had to guess, Max is going to talk to Peanut eather before Grape does or after and I think it will eather end with Max say the wrong about something (probably about Grape) and Peanut punches him and fight starts, or something along those lines. Or Peanut ends up accidentally telling Max he loves Grape.
I agree with the first quote and its pretty much true. If Tarot would had told her everything, Grape may not learn from her mistakes and what she had done. Its just something she has to figure out on her own. There is a saying, those who don't learn from the past and mistakes are doomed to repeat it.

As for the second quote, this will not end very well, for all parties involved, no matter how it plays out what you said. I can image the look on Max's and Grape's faces when Peanut confesses that he loves her. Can we say welcome to the Peanut-Grape-Max love triangle everyone. And what if the Sandwiches find out? That would be interesting. The question is not if, but when Peanut confesses.
arcict

Post by arcict »

If I had a (valid) webcomic, it would be these moments that I would totally live for. Watching everybody else scramble and buzz trying to figure out what is going to happen next. It's something of a testament to how good of a storyteller and author to have his/her reader's so... engaged.
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sure, there's a chance that Peanut may think that, but i'm confident that Grape can easily fix that just as easily as hurt it. Grape was embarassed to tell Peanut that they were friends, but she never really understood the problem then. THIS time she understands, and there's a good chance in my opinion she'll go the extra effort to fix Peanut up, which i'm sure even Peanut will be happy to accept.
I so HOPE for this. It is possible that both scenarios will be played in the next two or three strips -it also would make sense to dedicate a week to the reconciliation part. One strip only would be...well, a waste of all the emotional climax things've been leading to. Quickfix is not in order, here.
Oh, and sorry for the lightning. Here, poor dear, have some bactine ;)
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

...I think I know why Max looks the way he does in the last pannel. I think its because Tarot is pulling Max with her as she leaves, so that Peanut and Grape can 'talk.'

valerio

Post by valerio »

you, sir, may be juuust right. :shock:
NoelL

Post by NoelL »

I personally prefer to poach my pentagrams

Could just be me though.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

NoelL wrote:I personally prefer to poach my pentagrams

Could just be me though.
just you
i've never heard of anyone else doing that

though to be fair, i braise mine.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I prefer to balance mine on my head. you know, to keep my mind balanced. >.>
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

So, Max already apologized to peanut.
I'm curious how that went.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

wait what
ImageImage
ImageImage
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Sinder wrote:wait what
Im confus. <_>

:roll:
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

never mind, misread,
i erm... Ninja smokebom
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Cerberusx wrote:...I think I know why Max looks the way he does in the last pannel. I think its because Tarot is pulling Max with her as she leaves, so that Peanut and Grape can 'talk.'
You know, it really never made sense to me at first, but it now does make sense.

Tarot may also not only be dragging Max out the door with her just so they can talk, but rather, she's still playing something like the "GM" here and probably thinks while going out the door "Oh,wait! This is where i drag Max with me so they can talk!".

As for Max, i find it humorous in the idea if he goes along with it also. he's either a really nice gentlecat or a pushover ;)
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

I think he's just crossing his arm over his chest guys, you see that little circle to his right? Looks like his right hand to me. Like his arm is in a V shape rather than a slightly more horizontal \ shape which would suggest being pulled.
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

what are you talking about he is clearly having an epileptic seizure
ImageImage
ImageImage
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

GameCobra wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:...I think I know why Max looks the way he does in the last pannel. I think its because Tarot is pulling Max with her as she leaves, so that Peanut and Grape can 'talk.'
You know, it really never made sense to me at first, but it now does make sense.
Huh, I thought I was being too out of mind when I suggested this, but now I don't feel as weird.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Actually all I see is ARGH FAST MOVING POMERANIAN *half-dodge*
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

What he said.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

So what you're saying is... He's not just quivering in awe at Tarot's tail of terror?
RG; Seb & Dahlia
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Nah, Max just conveniently moved the vase that Tarot nearly ran into. just had to pull it off to his left, off panel!

It could be either/or. but i'm still thinking at this point Max will get a final word in before leaving Grape and Peanut alone. :D I just think Cerberusx was onto something >.>