Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ChewyChewy

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by ChewyChewy »

@sonic: Hope you feel better soon. :( Praying for you.

@Seth: Hope everything goes well.... :? Praying for your mother too.

@Phoenix: I know it's hard to be patient, but it will come, don't worry.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Looks neat, but then they go and call Zangief a bad guy which he is not. Still looks neat though its cool they got all those other video game characters to use.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Joy- Only two exams left to go- more like one though because English is easy
Blech- I need to stop opening my mouth because I'm kind of an an incredibly interesting anecdote
Image Image
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: I came out to a friend yesterday

It was amazing, she was perfectly ok with it, we're still friends and I think we're closer than ever.
Sent from my conifer.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Uber joy of awesomness: Found a website that lets me download all my favorite game and tv theme songs onto my Mp3 player. *Squeal* Time for a mass download. Our small download capacity shall suffer at my hands!
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Must stay awake :shock: ...
Cannot allow myself to sleep. I must finish work before classes start in about seven hours so I can alter three grades.
It's around this time that things get loopy...
Oh boy, that coffee may not be sitting well with me, but I'll probably be tossing back another cup. Cheers.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

What the fudge: I got an email today at 09:05:44am saying that at 10:05:32am today my paypal account was used so they have restricted it to make sure it is not a third party hack. First of all how can I get a message warning me about a future hack? The times are inconsitant. Second of all I don't actually have a paypal account so I am getting messages about future events concerning things I don't actually have.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

If you don't have a paypal account, it's just a phishing scam.

IF it says a name in the email of the person that owns the account(if it isn't your name), I suggest you might want to try to contact that person. The email might have been sent to the wrong person.

Just make sure to be very careful if there are any links in the email, that seem to be.. decieving.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Joy: Started work today (finally) It was a bit boring and easy but fine.
Sorrow: People in one of the theaters left and, I kid you not, 4 nearly full large drinks and 2 large popcorns sitting around its like they took a handful and a sip out of them. :evil: So wasteful. I will never again leave food and cups in the theaters and always will throw them away.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

PRO: Officially graduated from high school.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Tiggy wrote:If you don't have a paypal account, it's just a phishing scam.

IF it says a name in the email of the person that owns the account(if it isn't your name), I suggest you might want to try to contact that person. The email might have been sent to the wrong person.

Just make sure to be very careful if there are any links in the email, that seem to be.. decieving.
Either that or your last name is Connor and you're getting a warning from the future.... :roll:

Sorrow: the economic situation in Spain right now is worrying me, and I don't even live in Spain. What's going to happen?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sorrow: The people I expend a great deal of energy helping are rarely willing to reciprocate.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Joy!: I have a new computer! :D
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sorrow:I've been mega slacking on my math and Sleet's gonna do bad fox things to me, oh my god, help me.

Sorrow:I can't budget to save my life. Made a extra $60 bucks in my paycheck last pay period and now I'm down to my last $20 in my account.

Joy:Won a PSVITA, so I naturally had to spend some money for a decent sized memory card for it.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Foxstar wrote:Sorrow:I've been mega slacking on my math and Sleet's gonna do bad fox things to me, oh my god, help me.
You brought whatever happens on yourself. = P No slacking!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Joy: Got to hold kittens today, and got hit in the head by one of them! Hee hee!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

*flips a table in anger*
So, my family and I are supposed to go to the beach exactly a week from today. I got a text from the friend that was supposed to go with us, saying he can't come because he chipped his tooth and his dentist appointment is in the middle of our beach trip. He did this several days ago. So that explains why he's been ignoring all my texts for the past four/five days. I ask him if he's tried to call his dentist and schedule an emergency appointment for this week before we leave or the day after we get back, and now he's back to ignoring my text messages and phone calls. This was going to be the one family vacation that didn't completely suck, and now this happens.

And my new waitressing job pays horribly and I hate it there, but no where else is hiring and even if I DID get a better paying job, it'd screw up my financial aid for college next year.

I completely had this weekend off from work, so naturally everyone else is busy with other things, leaving me sitting at my house and driving myself up the wall. Oh but wait! I was invited to three graduation parties this weekend! .... And I only knew the host/hostess, so if I had gone, I'd be sitting in a corner by myself all night. Oh wait! I know! I have a car, so since the parties are open invitations, I'll bring some of my own friends!
So what's their responses?
"Yeah, I don't want to go."
*two hours later on Facebook, these same people post: "I'm soooooooo bored, there's nothing to do in this county!"
What is this, I don't even-

Joy: I feel a lot better after having a wonderfully long rant. And school is out too, so the people who are normal grating on my last nerve are out of my life for two and a half months.

... I think I'm just going to retreat to the internet for a while and disappear from IRL events for an undetermined amount of time. I don't want to snap at anyone. Webcomics and youtube videos for a while.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Oh man, sorry to hear about all of that Beagle.

I'm glad you at least feel better after having that rant, I don't like it when people get upset over stuff.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Beagle wrote:... I think I'm just going to retreat to the internet for a while and disappear from IRL events for an undetermined amount of time. I don't want to snap at anyone. Webcomics and youtube videos for a while.
welcome to my world. That's all I ever do outside of college and anime club. It's not a bad gig.
but sorry to hear all your sorrow.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Update for a positive:
My friend finally decided to text me back. He's going to try his hardest to reschedule the appointment tomorrow morning. Though the last time they checked, there were no open appointments. :/ He leaves for college almost as soon as the beach trip is over, so that's why this window is so narrow. And also why I'm kind of a lot upset about him probably not being able to come.

Work this week won't really interfere with my social plans too much. Some friends are finally stopping their crap and finally being resonable about meeting up/hanging out.

~~~~~~~~~~

And thank you Jeff and Brent for being concerned, it means a lot. *hugs* Also, Brent, anime club is just one reason I am looking forward to college.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I would have been concerned too had I been able to check it in time! Glad things are a bit better.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet wrote:I would have been concerned too had I been able to check it in time! Glad things are a bit better.
I know silly fox! You're one of my best friends, don't be a goof! *hugs you*
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow:My mom's company is under new ownership and she is going to be out of a job at the end of the month
Joy:She got 2 months of pay after that as a severance package
sorrow: Since she already payed for my trip to Amsterdam I'm still going. I feel like a jerk for enjoying myself and traveling and such while my mom recovers from surgery and looks for a job
joy: I know its going to be an awesome month even if I feel guilty.

and thanks for the concern Chewy
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Meh: Not going to school this summer. I've been told I've become a workaholic anyway and that I need to enjoy the summer.
Sorrow: Conflicts between me and some other people. Can't really go into detail but it's putting me through an insane amount of anxiety due to me suppressing a lot of anger.
Joy: I now own an MP3 player that lets me store most of my music I like.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

joy: Got a new TV in my main room. Went from about 20" to 42". Skyrim never looked better. :P
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: I worked six hours today.

I really like working when I can LOLOLOL
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!

Post by 0404 »

PANIC+JOY: I just finished my draft exam writing peice. I hope I do good tomorrow.
JOYYYYYYYYY!: 21 days untill visiting Texas. gosh, my really-young-child hood memories.now what? my mom just told me that most of my young-childhood memeories are from Georgia not TX.
Last edited by 0404 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sorrow: my laptop has started going completely unresponsive every few minutes, leaving me having to reboot it and use the iPad while it starts up. No idea what's causing it. My anti-virus is fine, my hard drive isn't even half full.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets

Post by 0404 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Sorrow: my laptop has started going completely unresponsive every few minutes, leaving me having to reboot it and use the iPad while it starts up. No idea what's causing it. My anti-virus is fine, my hard drive isn't even half full.
It usualy happens when laptop gets over-over heated, or not. I tried to fix my friend's laptop which takes '10 min to boot' by re-installing windows. but there was no big difference. I asked tech-club what's going on with laptop, and they said, it happend due to over heating.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sorrow: Got a cold and feel absolutely horrible right now. I woke up 3:00 in the morning with the mother of all sore throats, got a drink, went back to bed, then woke up at 4:00 for the same reason.
So I took an aspirin (That I had to search about 4-5 minuets for) and finally got some sleep. Then woke up at 8:30 and still had a horrible sore throat, plus a stuffed up nose to boot.

Joy: Through a combination of aspirin, ice cream (Before noon I might add), and tea, I've managed to get my sore throat under control and I can actually swallow without pain now. I've also managed to un-stuff my nose for the most part.

Extra Joy (I guess): Other than those two things, there is nothing else wrong with me. No fever, no loss of apatite, no throwing up. Just a cold it seems like. So that means I can still go and make some money today. Just have to bring some aspirin and nose spray and I should be fine.

EDIT:
I went out and made some money today, but now my cold is back with reinforcements. And short of throwing up, I will be going out tomorrow. Hope I get better.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sorrow: my laptop has crapped out and my dad won't pay to fix it.

Massive joy: he's paying to replace it with a better one that isn't five years old and running on Vista.

Sorrow: I'm stuck using the iPad until Friday.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: My friend turned on me and did the most mature thing possible. After all the years I've known him, he spilled things I've told him to keep between us on all his social network sites. People know a lot now. :(
Joy: Might be going up to see my family for my birthday next week and I'll know buy tomorrow.
Sorrow: I'll have to be back a few days before my birthday due to my work schedule.

Post by 0404 »

I'm sorry to hear that Kitela, I hope everything goes well.

Joy:schoolz over Heeeya!
JOY: got 98% for Computer class, and 95% on math.
Humm: got english exam tomorrow.
Sorrow: Facepalm, one Of my friend got in to fight at end of the school, at middle of the class. Oh, moron.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sorrow: my boss is mad at me for not working wuick enough or some such nonsense
apparently she thinks I should bust my hump 8 hrs a day for minimum wage :roll:
joy:Two of my frat brothers are coming to town friday night, hilarity and irresponsible decision will ensue

@Kitela that sucks man, i hope you dont loose any more friends because one's a jerk
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I'm sorry too, Kitela. :( A healthy degree of caution is important, especially these days.

Sorrow: I. Am. Underweight. :( :( :( Please keep me in your prayers.
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: going to a My Little Pony meet up thing in Manchester today.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: While I live right next to a town called Manchester it's probably not the one Fortyfourrzeronmten is going to.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

So we got a new headteacher who decided to waltz into our school without introducing himself around so none of us know who he is. All teachers I have spoken to so far say that he is a complete jackhole. He decided without even going through the legal processes to cancel study leave for the year 11s. THEY WERE NOT HAPPY! So after an eventful day full of windows being smashed, food fights, smoke bombs, buildings being egged, students and teachers being hit by fireworks etc the police were finally called in. And what did the teachers do did they suspend them? No, no punishment was given rather the teachers just hid in the classrooms. My Biology teacher actually had the nerve to shout at us and call us immature because we were not suffering from shock because of it. Oh someone got hit by a firework big whoop I am not going to die from shock over it, I actually expect that from my school.

Massive sorrow: Today was one of the worst we have had as a family for a while now. I spent about an hour hugging my sister to try to stop her from crying. It got so bad she actually ran away to nan's house for the night. I hate it here, I can't cope with this crap for much longer.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

wow, that sounds horrible. Sorry to hear that man. I hope everything works out, but sadly, I know not everything has a happy ending. but good luck with all that.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets