Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Rojo Ninja

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Rojo Ninja »

My ps3 has only wiped my data once but that was because Batman Arkham Asylum froze during saving and I had to force it to shut off sahfgdksghs.

On a side note, I recently went against my morals and bought another 360 (sold my original several years ago to get a ps3, but decided to help a friend out who'll be getting married soon).
Plus Reach is awesome and totally worth the xbox

ImageImage
ImageImage
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Speaking of PS3, one of mine just got hit with the Yellow Light of Death. It is the original 60GB model I got for $40 at the flea market that wouldn't read disks. The fix for that was simple, the fix for the YLOD is not. One or several soldering joints underneath the CPU and/or GPU on the motherboard has cracked. I need to go over them with a heat gun to reflow the solder. Unfortunately, I don't have a heat gun that will do the trick, so my father will see if he can borrow one from a co-worker. Hopefully we can get it up and running without much trouble.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Even if it doesn't work, at least you got your money's worth!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

This is a Video Game Thread.

This is a Movie about a Video Game. Gentlemen? Ladies? Wreck it Ralph.

Credit goes to my sister who showed it to me after seeing The Brave =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur

Post by 0404 »

GameCobra wrote:This is a Video Game Thread.

This is a Movie about a Video Game. Gentlemen? Ladies? Wreck it Ralph.

Credit goes to my sister who showed it to me after seeing The Brave =P
wait a second, I wonder disney got all the copyright authorization from other video game company. I see parody of games,., I see dr.eggman, ghost from pacman kupa from Mario bros...
by the way, Meet the Pyro is coming out in 2days
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Caaaaaaan't wait for meet the Pyro. :)

And I assume Disney just showed up on the various company's doorstep and said, "Hey, we're using your characters for a movie; so sign here." Not really, though.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
holmebrian

Post by holmebrian »

ive sent my old ps3 in 3 times for repair and had to wipe my data cause i didnt have anything i could back stuff up to atleast now i have the cloud saves enabled thats the nice thing about having ps plus.

also knew about wreck it ralph before it was in the planning stage.
helps to follow pixar/disney blog as you get the disney cartoon/animation movie news sooner.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

There are two games that I desperately want on Live Arcade: Hydro Thunder Hurricane, and Dust: An Elysian Tail. I have childhood memories of playing the first Hydro Thunder boat racing game, and when I saw that it was remade on 360, I was like "HECK YEA!". The tracks and physics are so over the top too which makes it awesome! Now Dust is a action RPG with anthropomorphic animals, which is what caught my eye in the first place. I did some more research on it and watched some pre-release gameplay footage on YouTube, and it looks really good. :) can't wait to get it.

Oh, and I recently changed my gamer tag to XxBlackFox93Xx
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
holmebrian

Post by holmebrian »

u want anthropomorphic try playing sola to robo. on the ds that game was awesome and the story was so awesome.
sound track that comes with it is also nice to listen to.

i just really wish they actually made the anime like they where going to originally do.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Inali wrote:There are two games that I desperately want on Live Arcade: Hydro Thunder Hurricane, and Dust: An Elysian Tail. I have childhood memories of playing the first Hydro Thunder boat racing game, and when I saw that it was remade on 360, I was like "HECK YEA!". The tracks and physics are so over the top too which makes it awesome! Now Dust is a action RPG with anthropomorphic animals, which is what caught my eye in the first place. I did some more research on it and watched some pre-release gameplay footage on YouTube, and it looks really good. :) can't wait to get it.

Oh, and I recently changed my gamer tag to XxBlackFox93Xx
Dust looks neat but I'm not a big fan of the style of game!

Oh God the X's. D:
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sleet wrote:Dust looks neat but I'm not a big fan of the style of game!

Oh God the X's. D:
Yeah, I know... :roll:
------------------

Post by 0404 »

so, pyro is brony.... :cry: :x and It wasn't good as meet the medic... :(
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I thought it was awesome!

I still wish they revealed the pyro as a girl.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Dude, Meet the Pyro was so ridiculous. I was giggling like an idiot the whole time. X3

Post by 0404 »

Scout refered pyro as 'HE' so I guess he is he.
And it was funny, I laughed. but storyless. I expected video with great story line like meet the medic or spy. But it was just about taking a look inside pyro's mind.
Now valve just gave steamers a oppertunity to make a meet the team video of their own. Source film maker!
Last edited by 0404 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I loved it, it didn't have a story, but that was fine with me, I like to think its Abe Lincoln personally, but I love how he is like "I will share the love with you!" And it was just a TERRIBLE THING! OH LORD, THE HORROR! THE HORROR!
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/

Post by 0404 »

Thats why pyro really should take off His mask
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Im really looking forward to when Forza Horizon comes out later this year. It has the potential to be the best racing game to have come out for this generation consoles. It may be the best racing game ever. Just have to wait and see. The game may have the best graphics, physics, etc., but the gameplay could ruin it.
------------------

KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I'll still consider Mario Kart: Double Dash to be the best racing game ever no matter what. Because I'm stubborn like that. :3
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

KJOokami wrote:I'll still consider Mario Kart: Double Dash to be the best racing game ever no matter what. Because I'm stubborn like that. :3
I've not played it for awhile, but I'm sure it's better then the newer Mario Karts. The elastic band has never been more stupid than Mario Kart DS.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Okami HD for PS3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC2vSGDaj3E

That's three releases leaving gamers at a cliffhanger ending that begs for a sequel.
I don't care if you make it on PS3, Wii U, or whatever, just start on the sequel Capcom!
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Mario Kart is by far my favorite racing series. Double Dash!! is definitely one of the best, but other than the original (in retrospect) and Super Circuit, there has not been a bad Mario Kart.
holmebrian

Post by holmebrian »

cant wait for bio shock infinite. will be an fun game to play and the visuals look stunning.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

44R0NM10 wrote:
KJOokami wrote:I'll still consider Mario Kart: Double Dash to be the best racing game ever no matter what. Because I'm stubborn like that. :3
I've not played it for awhile, but I'm sure it's better then the newer Mario Karts. The elastic band has never been more stupid than Mario Kart DS.
Sleet wrote:Mario Kart is by far my favorite racing series. Double Dash!! is definitely one of the best, but other than the original (in retrospect) and Super Circuit, there has not been a bad Mario Kart.
Mario Kart DS is my favorite of everything after Super Circuit (I've never played Double Dash though). I like the drifting on it the best and it still maintains the feel of a game designed mainly for racing. I guess Wii does too, but I just never really liked that one.
And as far as Super Circuit and MC7 go, I still like both a lot. Just not a much as DS.

Although in my opinion, the best racing game I have ever played is Gran Turismo 4 (Have never played 5).
The only problem are the 24 hour long races on it. There are three of them and I just don't have the time to do them without fear of burning up my PS2.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

JeffCvt wrote:The only problem are the 24 hour long races on it. There are three of them and I just don't have the time to do them without fear of burning up my PS2.
> The only problem are the 24 hour long races on it.

> only problem are the 24 hour long races

> 24 hour long races

> 24 hour

... wat.

Why would that even exist? O___o
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

To...
... replicate the actual 24 hour long races that they are based on?

There are also a bunch of races that range anywhere from 4-9 hours. It makes it a pain because some of the best cars are rewarded for winning these races (Along with lots of money), but they can be a pain to do. I hear that most people take 2-3 weeks to do the 24 hour races.

I don't want to do that. What I actually want to do is invite a bunch of my friends over and actually finish a 24 hour race in 24 hours. Probably will never happen, but I want to.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
exranio

Post by exranio »

I'd do it.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The drifting on Mario Kart DS is nice, but the issue is it makes it too easy to go through the course doing nothing but drifting. Even on the straightways. In fact, you go faster than you would if you just drifted around turns like you're expected to.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

JeffCvt wrote:To...
I reiterate: why would that even exist? O____o

I just don't understand how that could possibly be an exciting or entertaining thing to do. In real life or in a game; but especially in a video game.
Sleet wrote:The drifting on Mario Kart DS is nice, but the issue is it makes it too easy to go through the course doing nothing but drifting. Even on the straightways. In fact, you go faster than you would if you just drifted around turns like you're expected to.
That's pretty much what I've heard of it. Unless you know how to, and are good at, snaking you literally can't be competitive in that game.

Fortunately, it isn't nearly as powerful in Double Dash. I know one of my friends from high school (who's incredible at all that technical gaming stuff; snaking in MK: DS, wave-dashing in SSB: Melee, chain-grabbing in SSB: Brawl, 100-0 combos in Tekken and Street Fighter and such) could still never beat me in Double Dash no matter how good he was at snaking because I just played the courses better. :p
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

KJOokami wrote:
JeffCvt wrote:To...
I reiterate: why would that even exist? O____o

I just don't understand how that could possibly be an exciting or entertaining thing to do. In real life or in a game; but especially in a video game.
Well, in the game it's not really that exciting. Especially because including your car, there are only six racing at any given race. But it is exciting in real life if you are into racing like that. I mean, some 24 hour races come down to a last lap battle for the win.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I hate techniques like snaking and wave-dashing that were unintended by the designers. While they're very skill-intensive, I would prefer to be playing the game I bought. And snaking isn't a "thing" in any game but Mario Kart DS, to my knowledge. I don't think it made you go any faster. Of course, skilled players will do a lot of drifting. They just will do it around turns.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sleet wrote: Of course, skilled players will do a lot of drifting. They just will do it around turns.
That's what I do. For the most part...
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
exranio

Post by exranio »

Wave dashing is a serious and important skill to know that can be applied to most fighting games with a full dash/sprint.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

My favorite MarioKart game is Double Dash, and Super Mario Kart (The original) is my second favorite due to how much I played it in the past with my brother.
I am not really a fan of Mario Kart 7 since it took away one of my favorite things to do on Mario Kart Wii, Spamming Wheelies to keep so far up front that no one can pass me. ^^;
Never really spent much time playing Mario Kart DS, and never bothered playing Super Circuit.
Guess that leaves Mario Kart 64. I never really played the races in that game all to much, though I remember how much I played Balloon Battle with my brother and his friends, that was a ton of fun.

Order of Preference:
DoubleDash - Original - Wii - 64 - DS - 7 - Super Circuit
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I just had an idea, Mortal Kartbat.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
exranio

Post by exranio »

It exists already. It's part of one of the games.
McFly

Post by McFly »

Sleet wrote:Mario Kart is by far my favorite racing series. Double Dash!! is definitely one of the best, but other than the original (in retrospect) and Super Circuit, there has not been a bad Mario Kart.
True dat. ;)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

exranio wrote:Wave dashing is a serious and important skill to know that can be applied to most fighting games with a full dash/sprint.
But was never intended to be a part of Super Smash Bros.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I must ask. So? Just becuase it wasn't on purpose doesn't mean it's a legitimate skill to be used in the game to benefit the player. Fighting is all about learning the system and using your knowledge and abilites to the fullest to defeat your opponent. The game mechanics, the characters moves, match ups and all that. But I must ask, how do you know wave dashing isn't supposed to be part of the game? Thirdly, it's just wave dashing, it's not that annoying.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

When you start using skills that significantly alter the game but were never intended to be in the game, then you're altering the game. You're basically playing a different game, and the game I paid for was Super Smash Bros. Melee, not Super Smash Bros. Melee Plus Wavedashing. And Masahiro Sakurai said himself that wave dashing was not intentional and he didn't want it in the game.