HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ArgentFlame

Re: Pet Friendly-Richardson Valley

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier took a step back when Magnus shook himself off, but was unable to avoid all of the water. Ignoring it, he went back to pushing the raft, and with Magnus' help, it was soon in the shallows. He looked the raft over again, making sure there were no leaks. "Looks pretty good, let's hope it's sturdy enough to hold us."
Del squeaked in surprise as Alex's head movement almost made her fall. "Be careful! I'm up here now you know!" As they walked, she took the opportunity to look at the damage done to her hovercraft, it looked pretty bad but she thought she'd be able to fix it. They came to the corner and Alex asked if they should turn. "Yeah, this is the one." She pointed again, toward a house near the edge of the forest. "It's the first one on the left down there.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Laxan wrote:Sal' leaned into O'Connor slightly at the small hug. When O'Connor stood up to leave Sal' hastily followed giving a brief wave to Brian as they made their way to the door, not seeing Brian crying. "I'll see you around sometime Brian. I'll have to introduce you to my brother, Pepper. He's smart too." Sal' knew Pepper liked to do puzzles and stuff and so she assumed they would get along well and have a lot in common.
O'Connor continued out, and began heading toward the river. "Aye, so, ye muind ef wei 'ead overe tu the rahft? Ah realleh neid te check it aout." He continued to to walk, expecting Sal' to agree, but kept his attention on her, just in case she didn't want to.

Tory quickly became bored with the situation unfolding, as Vension seemed to be in one of his many battles with society. As such, he turned to Dylan, and with an uncertain grin, asked, "Uh, erm, so, uh where do you live?"

(OOC: I'm kind of pulling back since Tory can't offer much to the situation)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:Venison folded his ears back and winced as Rav demonstrated "Submissive On-Leash behavior." That was embarrassing, but then again, it's supposed to be.

Venison slipped his hand over his eyes. "Go ahead, Pavelle. I'm covering my eyes. I won't see, and I don't want to see..."

After having had to do the demonstration, an the other pets have had there turn at the basic leash obedience training, Christopher come up to Rav.
You did that very well, I'm so proud of you Ravi. Rubbing an scratching out Ravage's fur bodily.. which Rav eagerly just eats up, all the attention, his tail wagging wildly.
Thank you for your help Rav, But I'm going to have to send you outside now. They have set-up for field training today. You will have to find, alert, and identify the 5 to 8 scent packets they have hidden out in the training field. Good luck Ravi..
Rav perks up his ear, his tail wagging even faster, if that was at all possible..
Oh.. that is going to be Soooo fun!he barks excitedly..
I figured you might enjoy that, but remember this is serious training.
Yes Sir, An thank you for getting me into this program, it must have taken some doing to get them to allow a former red tagger to join.
Well you have worked hard to earn this chance, make the most of it.
Rav Hugs Pavelle.. Don't worry, your doing fine!
he then dashes over to Venison.. I got in, I got in!!! gotta go!.. do take care.. An he dashes off outside..

Ok, Class. Now were going to try something a bit different.. Now that we have seen how you all can learn to do this one on one, lets see how we can do as a group.
We are going to teach you all how to Square Dance! Ok now lets get you all partnered up, for this Hoe-down!

Pavelle gets partnered up with Ochen as her dance partner.
Ok everyone ready to learn to how to dance??
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex walked to the house Del pointed to, and put the little mouse in front of the door.
Are you alright? Can you walk by yourself?
He was worried about her. It's not like he kicked hard or anything, but it was still a female mouse. Pepper was still with him, carrying her broken vehicle. Alex hoped he won't have to pay anything for it - he was very short on money, and his parents wouldn't give him anything, not after paying the $300 bill for hitting Glory.
If you're gonna be fine, I'll have to leave and look for my ID-tag. *Turns to Pepper* Wanna help me? I'm sure it would take me a lot of time alone...
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Pepper placed the broken vehicle down next to Del. It definitely was in a bad shape. He hoped that she would be able to get it fixed without too much trouble.
"Sure Alex, it shouldn't be that far away, right?"
He turned to look at Del. He felt kinda bad for her vehicle being all smashed.
"It was nice to meet you."

"FlintTheSquirrel cries for Kaido. He is the only one who understood me not understanding things. :("
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal' nodded and followed O'Connor. "Sure, I would like to see how it's going too." That wasn't the only reason she wanted to go to the river, Sal wanted to go swimming.
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thanks, Pepper. I'm really surprised there are other cats except my sis who like water. Well, the river isn't really deep.
Alex scratched Del's head with his finger, hoping the mouse will be fine. He turned around, and started walking towards the bridge where the ID tag detached itself. He was still unsure on how that happened.
-------------------
After some minutes of walking, the two cats were on the bridge. Farther away, some pets were actually playing with a raft, but that didn't concern him much now. He pointed to a spot on the river with his right arm and index finger. When the ID tag fell, the water carried it and I saw it sink there somewhere. If it got stuck to a rock, it's good. If the water carried him farther away... it's not that good. Ah well, I'll get a new one... Although I really like this one.
Alex was hoping that Pepper will find his tag - he owned it since his adoption, after all. He still remembers when he was one, and his parents adopted Mai. It was at that time that the loneliness in his life came to its end, and when he hugged Mai for the first time, their ID tags clashed and created a metalish noise. Thinking about it, a smile and small blush appeared on his face. She was happy, too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mai was entering the park, when she saw a familiar dog near her. With a smile, she ran and once near, glomped him.
Lucky! Hi Lucky! What are you doing here? How come you're not with Alex? I haven't seen you in a while, you don't visit us often, it's Alex who usually goes to your house... Were you also gonna take a walk through the park? I can go with you!
Richarson Valley

Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky was just walking along, minding his own business when all of a sudden, from behind....
Alex wrote: Mai was entering the park, when she saw a familiar dog near her. With a smile, she ran and once near, glomped him.
Lucky! Hi Lucky! What are you doing here? How come you're not with Alex? I haven't seen you in a while, you don't visit us often, it's Alex who usually goes to your house... Were you also gonna take a walk through the park? I can go with you!
Falling down to the ground Lucky shouts in surprise. "GAH!" He manages to catch himself before his face hits the ground and turns around to see Mai. "Oh, hey there Mai. Good to see you again." He picks himself up and does his best to detach Mai's deathgrip on him. "Uh... if you'd like to walk with me I'd enjoy it. Thanks."
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle ran quickly and easily through the leash training exercises, and suddenly found herself partnered up to dance with the blue cat that Venison had been talking to earlier. She felt herself come out of her intentional 'trance', curious about this cat. He really did look very familiar. And he had been conversing with Venison, which probably meant that they knew him from the same place. Though, she supposed she could have simply glimpsed him around somewhere. One wouldn't soon forget a blue cat. She looked, somewhat apologetically, at Ochen, saying, "Hello, I'm Pavelle. Unfortunately for the both of us, I haven't danced a day in my life. If we're going to be stuck together like this, do you mind me asking who you are?" Saying this in the friendliest voice she could muster up, seeing as this could be some crazy, angry stray and she wanted to seem relatively harmless and helpful. She wondered, silently, what square dancing had to do with training pets. Would they shock the pets if they didn't follow directions, thus forcing them to learn that it was easier and less painful to simply follow orders and try to have fun while doing it? She was glad she didn't have a new training collar.

Meanwhile...
Felix looked, very excitedly, at the raft. It seemed to float very easily in the water, and seemed buoyant enough to hold a few pets. And no leaks... He eagerly eased one foot onto it, leaning his weight on it, before stepping fully on. It bobbed for a second before settling out, much to Felix's amazement.
"Looks pretty good, let's hope it's sturdy enough to hold us."
Felix nodded, shifting his weight to see if it would tip. It didn't. "It seems to be holding. Okay, guys, jump on!" Magnus climbed aboard, rocking the tiny boat, but then it settled out like before. The wood seemed to effortlessly support even the Dane's weight, which looked like a good sign. If it could hold Magnus, it could hold any pet.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

O'Connor nodded, and the two headed for the river. As they came to it, O'Connor saw Magnus, Felix, and another dog trying out the raft. Instantly, his temper flared, but he tried to hold it in, and walked up to the river as naturally as he could. "'Ei, ther, lahds, 'aow's the rahft workin'?" He worked to stay calm, but it was easy to see that each word was stressed in a forced manner.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Teh Brawler wrote:O'Connor continued out, and began heading toward the river. "Aye, so, ye muind ef wei 'ead overe tu the rahft? Ah realleh neid te check it aout."
"I'd love to go with you!" Brian said. "A change of scenery could do me good." He waved goodbye to his owners, and followed O'Connor and Sal'.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:You did that very well, I'm so proud of you Ravi. Rubbing an scratching out Ravage's fur bodily.. which Rav eagerly just eats up, all the attention, his tail wagging wildly.
Thank you for your help Rav, But I'm going to have to send you outside now. They have set-up for field training today. You will have to find, alert, and identify the 5 to 8 scent packets they have hidden out in the training field. Good luck Ravi..
Rav perks up his ear, his tail wagging even faster, if that was at all possible..
Oh.. that is going to be Soooo fun!he barks excitedly..
I figured you might enjoy that, but remember this is serious training.
Yes Sir, An thank you for getting me into this program, it must have taken some doing to get them to allow a former red tagger to join.
Well you have worked hard to earn this chance, make the most of it.
Rav Hugs Pavelle.. Don't worry, your doing fine!
he then dashes over to Venison.. I got in, I got in!!! gotta go!.. do take care.. An he dashes off outside..
Venison's ears flicked in the direction of Rav and Christopher. Rav had mentioned something about training for a REAL guard dog cert...and Venison gave a smug smile when Rav rushed over to Pavelle and giving her a hug before rushing to Ven all excited, then rushing out the door. Hardly noticeable, Ven's tail twitched back and forth a few times. Just a few before he noticed and stopped it from doing so, anyway.
'Maybe it's me, but I just can't get a read on that dog's psyche at all.'
Keeshah wrote:Ok, Class. Now were going to try something a bit different.. Now that we have seen how you all can learn to do this one on one, lets see how we can do as a group.
We are going to teach you all how to Square Dance! Ok now lets get you all partnered up, for this Hoe-down!
Pavelle gets partnered up with Ochen as her dance partner.
Ok everyone ready to learn to how to dance??
Venison went slack jawed. "Wha-???"
'This isn't part of any pet school I'VE heard about! SQUARE DANCING!?'
Venison gave his head a light shake and snapped himself out of it. Instead, he looked intently at the class, the actions, the directions, and started to learn the dance style. He'd practice on his own later, and look up things on the internet if need be...perhaps Christopher was doing this intentionally to try and put Venison at ease?

Venison went wide eyed when Ochen got paired up with Pavelle. He's a BLUE CAT! He wasn't that hard to recognize! Venison couldn't hide his panic at all, and he couldn't look away in case something happened. Hopefully Pavelle would be too distracted to notice, but if she recognized who Ochen was...or used to be, anyway, sparks would fly...especially from whatever shock-collar Pavelle would get if she attacked Ochen. Venison continued to take mental notes about the dance while he racked his head for a solution. Was there anything he could do that wouldn't disrupt the class?
caelei wrote:"Hello, I'm Pavelle. Unfortunately for the both of us, I haven't danced a day in my life. If we're going to be stuck together like this, do you mind me asking who you are?" Saying this in the friendliest voice she could muster up, seeing as this could be some crazy, angry stray and she wanted to seem relatively harmless and helpful.
"I'm Ochen!" he responded in a friendly voice as well. "I figured you were friendly, chinche you didn't need to get fitted for a chock collar. And the Chquare Danching ichn't that hard onche you give it a try! Just lichen to Chrichtopher, and you'll do fine." He gave Pavelle a warm smile.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: Venison's ears flicked in the direction of Rav and Christopher. Rav had mentioned something about training for a REAL guard dog cert...and Venison gave a smug smile when Rav rushed over to Pavelle and giving her a hug before rushing to Ven all excited, then rushing out the door. Hardly noticeable, Ven's tail twitched back and forth a few times. Just a few before he noticed and stopped it from doing so, anyway.
'Maybe it's me, but I just can't get a read on that dog's psyche at all.'

Rav dashes out into the yard, an back out into the back field were a group of police an fire pet trainees had gathered. He felt a bit intimidated by this group. He was going to train with what Rav would consider to be elite level working pets.
However, he was was doing much better than the rest of the group.. he was finding the hidden packages a lot faster than the rest were able too. an was on par with the others on identifying what was inside.. However when he picked up the box that smelled of explosives, Rav was rewarded with it going "POOF!" in his face, an the box was suddenly belching green smoke!! as Rav was turning into a white GSD..
What Daaa iIiIIiee!!! "hack hack Ah-chooo! hack.. Eeewww.
Ok Class, That is why, you alert, an never touch what you find!! Let your handler take care of it.
Rav felt disappointed in himself that he had gotten ~killed~ in the exercise, but was later joined by two more who also had gotten ~killed~ on the field course.
An finally later on, Rav redeemed himself, when he was the only one to notice the volunteer who had been hidden under the rubble pile off in the corner of the field...

Buckdida wrote:Venison went slack jawed. "Wha-???"
'This isn't part of any pet school I'VE heard about! SQUARE DANCING!?'
Venison gave his head a light shake and snapped himself out of it.
Venison went wide eyed when Ochen got paired up with Pavelle. He's a BLUE CAT! He wasn't that hard to recognize! Venison couldn't hide his panic at all, and he couldn't look away in case something happened.. Venison continued to take mental notes about the dance while he racked his head for a solution. Was there anything he could do that wouldn't disrupt the class?

Christopher went over to the wall, Venison has been standing against. standing back an watching the class nearly as closely as Venison has been, as the other trainer's walk the pets through the dance steps..
Up an down, round an round, now dosey-doe arm in arm.goes the singer, as Christopher leans back against wall..
Looks like there starting to get the idea.. still not TOO bad for being their first time at trying their paw at this.. Don't you think??

Buckdida wrote:"I'm Ochen!" he responded in a friendly voice as well. "I figured you were friendly, chinche you didn't need to get fitted for a chock collar. And the Chquare Danching ichn't that hard onche you give it a try! Just lichen to Chrichtopher, and you'll do fine." He gave Pavelle a warm smile.

Christopher goes over an helps Pavelle an Ochen with some of the more difficult inweaving parts.
Don't worry, you two are doing just fine, this part trips up many couples all the time, so don't worry if you don't get it down right away, it will once you have gotten to practice it a few times..

He then helps another couples, before returning to stand with Venison..
Would you like to go out there an join the other pets?he offers..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

As they reached the river Sal' was ready to dive straight in. But something was bothering O'Connor she watched him a second and looked back to the raft, she couldn't figure out what the problem was (Int-3). Due to her short attention span, it didn't take long for her to give up on trying and decided to ask him about it. "Something wrong?" Sal' whispered to O'Connor, placing her hand on his shoulder to comfort him and to attempt to calm him down, he was trying to hide it but Sal' had learned a lot about O'Connor these past two weeks.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

As Sal' put her paw on O'Connor's shoulder, he instantly felt the anger leave. He knew that his temper was too much for his own good, and the comforting feel of her touch calmed him down. He sighed in relief, and turned to Sal', smiling. "Nay, nuthin' the ma'er, naw' aneh moor." He then turned back to the group of animals, and waited for their reply. However, he again quickly tucked his paw around Sal's waist, feeling very blessed to know her.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Alex wrote: After some minutes of walking, the two cats were on the bridge. Farther away, some pets were actually playing with a raft, but that didn't concern him much now. He pointed to a spot on the river with his right arm and index finger. When the ID tag fell, the water carried it and I saw it sink there somewhere. If it got stuck to a rock, it's good. If the water carried him farther away... it's not that good. Ah well, I'll get a new one... Although I really like this one.
Alex was hoping that Pepper will find his tag - he owned it since his adoption, after all. He still remembers when he was one, and his parents adopted Mai. It was at that time that the loneliness in his life came to its end, and when he hugged Mai for the first time, their ID tags clashed and created a metalish noise. Thinking about it, a smile and small blush appeared on his face. She was happy, too.
Pepper looked over the bridge, inspecting the water.
"You're not gonna have to get a new one, I bet I can find it! It shouldn't have got swept out too far, right? If it sank, it's bound have got caught on something."
He noticed Alex's smile, and realized that the ID tag must have really meant a lot to him. He had to get it back, so he began to walk towards the water.
"How deep is the river anyways?"

"FlintTheSquirrel cries for Kaido. He is the only one who understood me not understanding things. :("
Alex

Post by Alex »

Mai bathed once in this river recently, while Alex was on a bench with Amelia. Come to think of it, he didn't see Amelia in a while... but that wasn't the issue here. He shook his head, and tried to remember how Mai described the river. Refreshing... Yes, she said that, but what else? Alex remembered that she could walk near the coast, yet had to swim in the middle of the river. She described the ground as rocky and tickling the feet, without any sharp rocks. The river is slow enough for her to swim without being carried away at all (Str: 3).
I believe it's 1.5 meters max. deep. And that on the deepest part.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mai kept walking with Lucky for a while, until she saw a very interesting scene on the bridge. Alex was bent over the fence, looking at another black cat, similar to him, that Mai knew was named Pepper.
Lucky! Look! Alex wants to jump from the bridge! Let's push him! Come on, it'll be fun!
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richarson Valley

ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier was surprised to see that the raft was able to hold even Magnus' weight easily, and was about to climb on himself when O'Connor, Sal, and Brian walked up. He turned to face them "The raft is performing admirably, as you can see." He said, gesturing towards Magnus. He stepped forward, looking at Sal and Brian. "Hello, I don't believe I've seen either of you around before, my name is Cier."
Del hopped down to the pavement from Alex's paw as he set her down, wincing slightly. "Yeah, I should be fine." She said, looking up at the two cats. "Thanks for helping me, it was nice meeting you both." She sat down as they walked away, leaning against the wrecked hovercraft. "Del!" She turned her head at the sound of her name, seeing Rat sanding on the roof of the house. He quickly ran over to the corner and slid down the rain gutter and pushed off the wall, doing a front flip in the air and landing several feet from her. She clapped as he walked over. "You're sure you're fine?" He asked and she nodded. "The hovercraft isn't though," She said. "It's going to take me awhile to fix it." The squirrel stood there thinking for a minute or so before an idea came to him. "I'll get the door and we can drag it inside." He said as he dashed off around the side of the house, and it was only a minute before the door handle turned and it swung open. He walked back out and they began the process of moving the hovercraft back inside.

(Rat's not here as a guest today, just a minor character to help Del out.)
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Jimmy Jazz wrote: Octavian smiled a bit "I certainly have more friends than I did in Russia. there is the less than occasional attack of animal control, or what have you. almost always a bit of drama around here." he frowned inwardly "but I guess I'm used to it."
Far off, Natalia noticed the group of pets that were working on the raft had completed it and were hoping onto it. Motioning Octavian to join her, she started walking to the group,"I was hoping that I'd get to meet a few new pets. Maybe you could introduce me to them." the Husky said as she turned her face and smiled.

"Now that I've think about it, she did seem to disappear. Lets go and find her then. I have to thank her anyways for the anti sedatives and covering my back. Marshall said as he looked around for Natalia and not finding her. Good. That way, she won't get all jealous again as he remembered what happened that night after the incident, sending minor shivers down him.

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky looked to Mai with a straight face. "Oh I dunno Mai, I don't think he'd be too happy about that. I think we should just leave him-" Abruptly he cuts off his sentence and dashes over, pushing Alex over into the river unexpectedly.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Brian turned to O'Connor. "If you don't mind me asking, what's the raft for?" he inquired curiously.
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

"Well that's not too deep, it should be easy enough to find your ID t-", Pepper wasn't able to finish his sentence before suddenly, a dog appeared, shoving Alex over the edge. Alex really didn't seem to like water, so he could tell this definitely was not going end well....
"A-Alex!"
Pepper turned to look at the dog. He had never seen him before, and this was definitely the oddest first impression he'd ever had.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex bent over, to have a better look at the river, trying to locate the ID-tag. However, before he even was able to take a good look, he felt a shove from behind, and caught by surprise, wasn't unable to withstand it. A scared "Eek" came from his mouth while his body twisted in the mid-air, doing a somersault in the air, before finally hitting the water face-on.
Alex felt horrible. Barely able to swim, he just went back on the surface, started flapping his arms around and panting for air.

Above him, on the bridge, Mai was rolling on the earth, laughing, while tears came out of her eyes uncontrollably.
T-thank you... Lucky... - she managed to whisper.
Richarson Valley

Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky laughs for a second before reaching to grab Alex's hand. "Easy now, just let me try to pull you out." He manages to get a good footing so he can help pull Alex out of the water. As he gives a sly grin. "Sorry, couldn't help myself."

----------

Balbaroy was finally heading out of the house. He was ready to take on the day. First thing he wanted to do is go see Mai again. He stands up and dashes towards her house excitedly.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
caelei

Post by caelei »

"I'm Ochen! I figured you were friendly, chinche you didn't need to get fitted for a chock collar. And the Chquare Danching ichn't that hard onche you give it a try! Just lichen to Chrichtopher, and you'll do fine."
Pavelle felt a wide smile on her face as the dancing began, mostly because she seemed to have gotten lucky and gotten a friendly partner. She paid close attention to Christopher's/the other trainors' instructions, and soon she and Ochen were dancing relatively well together, despite the more difficult steps. "So Ochen..." she said, once she had the dance down good enough that she didn't have to concentrate on it anymore, "Have we met before? You look really familiar. And I saw you talking to Venison earlier..." she threw a small gesture in Venison's direction, "so I figured I might have met you once, before."

Meanwhile...
Magnus waved excitedly at O'Connor as soon as the old dog arrived. Felix, on the other hand, felt his eyes narrow. O'Connor looked a little mad that they were testing the raft... and Felix wasn't going to take any crap about it. Felix had as much right to the raft that O'Connor did. His ears went back slightly as O'Connor approached, but it turned out that Felix didn't have to bother being on the defensive. The dog next to O'Connor (the one Felix had met a couple times who had been around while they were building the raft, but who he had never bothered to really talk to) placed her paw on the old terrier's shoulder, and suddenly his anger defused. Felix breathed a sigh of relief. He didn't want to get into a fight with O'Connor, simply because O'Connor was probably the closest thing that Felix had to a 'friend', and Felix didn't want to lose any allies. Especially in an area like Richardson Valley, in which 'friends' seemed so important. Cier said something about how well the raft was working, and Felix added in, "Yeah! It holds both me and Magnus easily." His admiration for the raft just kept growing and growing. He had always wondered why humans loved their exhaust-creating, metal-box cars so much. Maybe it was because they were proud of owning them. Then again, this raft was much preferable to a car. It didn't pollute the air. And anyways, it went on water, which was so much cooler than driving on an asphalt roadway.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal' looked out to the others and waved to those on the raft. "It looks great guys! I wonder how many it can hold? It looks like a lot." Sal' didn't really help out much on the raft while it was being built, the time she was there she mainly bobbed around in the water with Magnus, though she did help with carrying supplies (Str-9). She had gotten to know Magnus more than the others, but she still didn't know him that well. Taking a wander right to the water's edge she shuffled down the bank till her feet sunk into the water. "I see you have already been for a swim." She spotted Magnus who was damp. Turning round she yelled out to Brian. "You fancy a swim Brian?-" [edit:] Suddenly something tapped against Sal's foot. "Huh?" Reaching in she felt something metal, pulling it out she wiped the mud off the smooth surface, it was a guitar ID tag (Luc-10). She recognised it as Alex's. "I wonder what this is doing here?" Reaching up she slipped it into her ascot's pouch for safe keeping, she would go and find Alex later and return it.
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Brian's ears perked up very quickly, and his tail reflexively started wagging. "Of course I would!" he said. "Aunt Brittany took me to a park to swim, and I really enjoyed it." Brian took off his glasses and put them on his Kakuro book. "Where should I put these where they'll be safe?"
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

"Ah'm O'Conner, this is Sahl', ahn' tha's Bruian," O'Connor responded to Cier's question, pointing out each pet. "Ah'm glad the rahft es workin'. Aneh ideas on 'aow maneh pe's it'll 'old?"
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Blood didn’t think much of Marshall shuddering as he began walking towards the path leading out of the park. “Right then, If we’re planning on finding her, then it would be best to look for the pets we last saw her with. Maybe they can tell us where she went. From what I can remember, I last saw her with; her friend Amelia, another black and white cat with a scar over his eye, and some other terrier dog.” He explained as they walked on.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

EchoFireant wrote: Far off, Natalia noticed the group of pets that were working on the raft had completed it and were hoping onto it. Motioning Octavian to join her, she started walking to the group,"I was hoping that I'd get to meet a few new pets. Maybe you could introduce me to them." the Husky said as she turned her face and smiled.

"I would love to, but I said I would meet Vad.... my dad by the woods." he said looking sort of disappointed "you know, walk and catch up with what we've been doing for the past week or so." Octavian started walking backwards down the road "Maybe later?" he asked and then turned and waved good bye at which point he started jogging down the street towards the woods.

what what? Jolly good time.
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Pepper back-stepped slightly. This was for two reasons, the first being to give Alex room, when Lucky pulled him back onto the bridge. The second was because he had no idea if Alex was going to react jokingly or angrily towards what just happened. As such, he just gave an awkward smile. At the same time, he couldn't help but stifle a laugh at what just happened. Seeing Alex flip through the air like that would make anybody laugh.

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:Up an down, round an round, now dosey-doe arm in arm.goes the singer, as Christopher leans back against wall..
Looks like there starting to get the idea.. still not TOO bad for being their first time at trying their paw at this.. Don't you think??
"Yeah. Uh-huh." Venison was hardly paying attention to Christopher, as he was focused on the dance, listening in on the instructor, watching the footsteps, the body motions...memorizing every bit he could hold. "Uh huh...so one person calls out maneuvers...quite a basic dancing style, no lessons needed, jump-in, learn by doing...thus, quite a crude style of dance, not an art form, done for fun, mainly it seems..."
Keeshah wrote:He then helps another couples, before returning to stand with Venison..
Would you like to go out there an join the other pets?he offers..
"What? No way. I might be able to master something watching it, but preforming? I lack stage presence, to put it mildly. Besides, I made it clear I'm only here to watch and stay vigilant." Still, Venison found himself clapping to the beat of the music being played for the dancers, enjoying the show.
caelei wrote:"So Ochen..." she said, once she had the dance down good enough that she didn't have to concentrate on it anymore, "Have we met before? You look really familiar. And I saw you talking to Venison earlier..." she threw a small gesture in Venison's direction, "so I figured I might have met you once, before."
"Well, then, I probably know you, but not on very good termch. Apparently, he had to beat me up twiche," he said, with half a smile and half a grimace. "Chee, I got amnechia, so I basichally can't remember anything from the pacht two yearch. And from what I know cho far, it choundch like I wach a horrible perchon. Every trainer cho far chaid, 'Are you chure thich ichn't a different cat painted blue?' Whatever I did, I probably don't want to remember, and I cheem to picked up a better perchoallity anyway! Well, achide from the the cheech thing, but that hardly matters. I'm almocht outta pet...SCHool, and I'm gonna get adopted!" His steps picked up a happy bounce. "Apparently, I'm biggecht turnaround chinche Rav! Whatever you're here for, just lichen, keep you chpiretch up, and it'll fly on by," He said, happily dancing to the beat.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: "Yeah. Uh-huh." Venison was hardly paying attention to Christopher, as he was focused on the dance, listening in on the instructor, watching the footsteps, the body motions...memorizing every bit he could hold. "Uh huh...so one person calls out maneuvers...quite a basic dancing style, no lessons needed, jump-in, learn by doing...thus, quite a crude style of dance, not an art form, done for fun, mainly it seems..."
Yes, done for fun.. but it has an important role to play too..
Christopher checks off on his fingers..
The pets are socializing, something many of them here have a problem with doing. #2, they are all learning to act as a team, since the dance moves have the squares interacting with the other squares. #3, right now, not only are the pets learning, but they are wanting to learn. #4, It breaks the oppressive, serious mood here. by making learning fun, the pets will enjoy it, an not dread the coming of each day. esp. the ones who are kenneled here, an don't get any other distraction opportunities.
Buckdida wrote:"What? No way. I might be able to master something watching it, but preforming? I lack stage presence, to put it mildly. Besides, I made it clear I'm only here to watch and stay vigilant." Still, Venison found himself clapping to the beat of the music being played for the dancers, enjoying the show.

I can help you with that.. the being shy about preforming for a crowd, thing.
But it can wait until your ready, I can see by your tail wag, your happy with just watching.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex grabbed Lucky's paw as fast as he could, and pulled himself up with his help. The claws on his toes could be heard scratching against the bridge as he battled to get out of the water. Once outside, Alex knelt down, supporting the torso with his arms, while panting heavily, like someone would after running a long distance. His face was pale, and eyes big.
I almost drowned... - he whispered. He knew in the back of his head that it's impossible, due to the possession of some swimming skills, and the presence of Pepper, Lucky and Mai, but his fear took over this time.
Meanwhile, Mai stopped laughing after a good while. She finally managed to stood up, gripping her stomach from the pain caused by laughing. Still out of breath, she looked at Alex' face. Alex... You should look at your face now! You're all white and big-eyed! So funny...
Angered by this, Alex stood up from the ground, and grabbed Mai's collar, pulling her towards him, face to face. His teeth were grit, eyebrows lowered, giving the effect of the common angry face. She, on the other side, was still smiling while thinking of what just happened.
You... I KNOW this was your idea! You're really into it when you get home! I recommend not going home at all!
He released her, and turned towards Lucky. Her body twisted, but she managed to keep herself on the feet, presumably because Alex didn't really push her, just let go of her collar. However, she lost her balance, and once she regained, she saw Lucky being held by the collar, too.
And you! Very funny, doing what someone who's IQ is lower than the room temperature said to do, right?! Don't you realize you could have killed me? What were you thinking? Oh wait, I know... nothing!
With each word, Alex tightened his grip, and pulled Lucky's collar with more strength, probably hurting the dog a lot. He was really angry at Lucky, still not realizing that this could be a funny situation if he just relaxes and thinks it through.

((So yeah, you probably didn't now, despite his hatred for water, Alex is afraid of swimming.))
Richarson Valley

EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

D-Singer wrote:Blood didn’t think much of Marshall shuddering as he began walking towards the path leading out of the park. “Right then, If we’re planning on finding her, then it would be best to look for the pets we last saw her with. Maybe they can tell us where she went. From what I can remember, I last saw her with; her friend Amelia, another black and white cat with a scar over his eye, and some other terrier dog.” He explained as they walked on.

Marshall listened closely as he walked beside Blood, looking around to see whether there are any pets fitting that description in the immediate area. "I wonder if we can find her." Marshall said. "I wasn't here for the past couple of weeks and I'm not entirely sure where she is."

Back at the park, Natalia wave goodbye to Octavian before continuing on in the park, looking for some other new pets to meet. Before long, she reached the bridge and notice the commotion that was going around there and one of them seems familiar to her. She took it upon her to go to them to see what was happening.

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier glanced over at the raft. "Looks like it could probably hold at least one more pet, it seems to be handling those two well enough." He turned to Brian. "I can hold them for you, I'll just stay here on the shore."
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle was really perplexed. She felt like she had known Ochen, but she couldn't really remember Venison ever beating up a blue cat in her presence, and certainly not the same one twice. Okay. So who had she seen Ven beat up? He had incapacitated those animal control officers from the crash, though that was just tazoring them and stuffing 'em in a van. And also those ferals from the camp, come to take her to the forest when Magnus had gotten caught. Is she remembered correctly, Venison had gotten them with a stick. She paused, a red flag coming up. Wait a moment. Ferals. Yes, it definately had something to do with ferals... suddenly, realization came. Her ears suddenly laid flat against her head, and her eyes first grew extremely wide, then narrowed to slits. Ferals. The feral that had hurt Magnus, in the camp in the forest. She couldn't imagine Ochen, this Ochen, doing something like that. He was so bright and sunny and optimistic. Not sadistic. Not feral. But she was sure; it was him. Still, she wanted to doublecheck before she thought about doing anything rash. "Did Venison tell you anything else about your past? About why he beat you up?" Her voice was suddenly lacking anything like emotion, and her eyes had an interesting gleam. Her tail twitched in suppressed anger while they continued to dance.

Meanwhile...
Magnus looked at Sal and Brian, suddenly very interested in their conversation. "Can I swim with you?" His tail wagged hopefully; swimming was always more fun when you had others to swim with.

Felix, on the other hand, ignored that conversation and focused on O'Connor's question and nodded at Cier's answer. "I don't know how many it can hold. It seemed to do well with both Magnus and I on, which I take as a good sign. Like Cier said; at least one more pet, maybe even more. Wanna test it out more?"
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote: Yes, done for fun.. but it has an important role to play too..
Christopher checks off on his fingers..
The pets are socializing, something many of them here have a problem with doing. #2, they are all learning to act as a team, since the dance moves have the squares interacting with the other squares. #3, right now, not only are the pets learning, but they are wanting to learn. #4, It breaks the oppressive, serious mood here. by making learning fun, the pets will enjoy it, an not dread the coming of each day. esp. the ones who are kenneled here, an don't get any other distraction opportunities.
"Hmm. I'll admit, pretty smart. You sure all the pets are enjoying it though?" Venison thumbed at a couple that seemed to have two left feet, and were quickly getting frustrated. Within the next call, the two tumbled over. Venison winced as they hit the floor, and another instructor came to help them back up. They didn't seem very thrilled.
Keeshah wrote:I can help you with that.. the being shy about preforming for a crowd, thing.
But it can wait until your ready, I can see by your tail wag, your happy with just watching.
"Oh, don't try and get chummy with me. Really. I realize you have good intentions, but I still don't like what you do-"
caelei wrote:Her ears suddenly laid flat against her head, and her eyes first grew extremely wide, then narrowed to slits.
"Hmm? Ah, crap. I think Pavelle is figuring out who Ochen was." Venison sat for a moment, trying to figure what to do. Asking Cinnamon to distract Pavelle would be a bad idea, as he already said he was afraid of Ochen, and Venison walking in himself to break up the alteration would cause problems in itself. Venison bit his lower lip; any longer and things could explode, especially if Ochen said the wrong thing, and then Pav would end up in a shock collar. An easy to remove shock collar with an even easier to disable alert system within, but still a shock collar. There was one other option, though. Time for drastic measures.

"Uh...

Christopher?"
Venison pointed at the raccoon and the blue cat. "Get Pavelle another dance partner, and quickly. We both know Ochen from the past, not on good terms, and I think she just recognized him. Fur will fly if you don't do something fast. Please!"
caelei wrote:"Did Venison tell you anything else about your past? About why he beat you up?" Her voice was suddenly lacking anything like emotion, and her eyes had an interesting gleam. Her tail twitched in suppressed anger while they continued to dance.
Ochen raised his eyebrow... did something in Pavelle's voice just change? Oh well, it probably didn't matter. He put up a bunched up frown as he began to talk, continuing to dance. "Kinda. I donno. He was vague on that for chome reachon; it wachn't hard to tell. He cheemch horrible at hiding thingch. I know I need to know about my pacht, but I chill don't like hearing it and maybe he could tell. Or maybe he'ch chill mad at me and jucht wantch to leave me in the dark. Maybe if I remembered him, I'd know, but it cheemch like I didn't know you two very well. Bah, I prefer to not dwell on the pacht anywaych, achide from knowing who to never, ever be like again. The future ich far brighter, and if luck goech my way, I'll be at the adopchion chenter fachter than any other pet before!" he said with a bright smile. "I had to get my head knocked in, but if it meanch I can get a loving family and friendch again, with no chtringch attached, it'ch well worth it!"
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal' nodded to Magnus "Sure." Sal' dived into the water and doggy paddled out till she was in the center of the river floating. The water was cool against her warm fur, it cooled her down greatly. Paws kicked against the water swimming in a circle. "Come on in Brian! The water is nice and cool."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: "Oh, don't try and get chummy with me. Really. I realize you have good intentions, but I still don't like what you do-"
caelei wrote:Her ears suddenly laid flat against her head, and her eyes first grew extremely wide, then narrowed to slits.
"Uh...

Christopher?"
Venison pointed at the raccoon and the blue cat. "Get Pavelle another dance partner, and quickly. We both know Ochen from the past, not on good terms, and I think she just recognized him. Fur will fly if you don't do something fast. Please!"

Well we can't have that now can we..
Christopher says, an he goes over to the dancing couple. putting a hand on Pavelle's shoulder.
Is there something wrong Miss Pavelle? Mr. Venison has expressed a worry that things are not all that well with you two right now. Would you like to tell me why he would have such sudden misgivings about you?