THE OFFICIAL "HI MY NAME IS..."

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Liam

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HI MY NAME IS..."

Post by Liam »

Hi Austin!
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Typhon wrote:Sup Dusty welcome to the forums :D keep clean! hehehe (its your name for anyone who doesn't get it)
I find that offensive. Everyone who has skin makes dust. Not just us "Dustins" :P
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Aah, hello Dusty! Long time no see! (What? An hour is a long time >_> )

Glad to see I've truly infected you with the glory of Housepets! I consider that a job well done :p
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

sliceofdog wrote:Aah, hello Dusty! Long time no see! (What? An hour is a long time >_> )

Glad to see I've truly infected you with the glory of Housepets! I consider that a job well done :p
I exist to serve.

O_O
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

nice to meet you Austin Motet. Straight to the point? Words are as strong as any blade.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Hello I'm Mark.

I found Housepets on a webcomic binge that's been going on for the past week. I've been really bored and run a marathon at some friends so I've just been reading. Speaking of reading I love science fiction and fantasy. Favorite authors include John Ringo, Robin Hobb, Peter F Hamilton, Neal Stephenson and many many others. One of the main reason for reading so many new webcomics was I'm scraping the barrel at the public library 15 minutes away. (The branch in my suburb of the Chicago Met Library leaves a lot to be desired in fant/sci-fi). I'm currently out of authors and webcomics for now, but if people want to ask for/give recommendations I love new stuff. I'm taking Computer Science because I love computers and problem solving, but I also have a crazy imagination. I've wanted to do various creative projects with my friends but nothing ever ends up happening (their laziness tends to rub off on me). Right now I'm trying to write some fiction after reading a bit of Jim Butcher's blog on writing.

Right now I'd probably consider myself a bit of a furry. I am interested in anthro comics/stories because everyday life feels so dull compared to the stuff I read. Problem is some of them just seem to only focus on erotic sex crap. Yes I'm nineteen and the idea of sex appeals to me, but I want more than just that in my stories (though I did read Ghost, by Ringo so a bit of a contradiction), I want there to be a story. It's just I get the same feeling reading some of that stuff as when I read some weird sci-fi preaching libertarianism or some other crazy belief.

Otherwise I like PC gaming. I play TF2 (nice to see others play it here), LoL (stopped playing for a bit dodging aforementioned friends), and other random steam games I've bought on the cheap.

(Again I'm really up for swapping rec'd authors/webcomics. Its summer, I don't have a job, not for lack of trying, and I'm really really bored.)
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Hey, Zeek. I'm Brawler, one of the resident crazies here at the forum. It's fun here, if not chaotic, but if you immerse yourself, you'll be fine.

Be warned, though; Flint the Squirrel is crazier.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Oh I know a lot about crazy. One of my friends is a devoted communist, I find I have philosophical discussions with myself while driving, and I've RP'd for a year with Rifts. I mean that system is just messed up!
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Zander

Post by Zander »

Teh Brawler wrote:Hey, Zeek. I'm Brawler, one of the resident crazies here at the forum. It's fun here, if not chaotic, but if you immerse yourself, you'll be fine.

Be warned, though; Flint the Squirrel is crazier.
You forgot Elby.

Welcome to the forums Zeek, im sure you will get along fine with the residents here, just be sure not to feed the zoo animals *Gestures to a pen containing Ebly, Teh Brawler, Buckdida, and Kyderra* and you should be fine.

My names Zander, im a kinda-artist, always striving to be the best i can be. Heres my latest work.

Anyway, i hope you enjoy yourself :3
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Alex

Post by Alex »

Welcome to the forums, Mark. Ignore Teh Brawler, everyone does that anyway :P. Oh, and beware of Slippery-Q and Jimmy... And you'll generally want to avoid Sinder and Ebly, too >_>.

Aside from that, enjoy your stay!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Sup Zeek. Its all cool here in the forums, just be sure to only talk to me when you have something to say because im the only sane one here :D
Zander

Post by Zander »

Typhon wrote:Sup Zeek. Its all cool here in the forums, just be sure to only talk to me when you have something to say because im the only sane one here :D

ITS A TRAP!!!

-Robert Louis Stevenson
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

I like how I'm being told to dodge everyone by everyone else. Time for a SAN check.
Zander wrote:
Typhon wrote:Sup Zeek. Its all cool here in the forums, just be sure to only talk to me when you have something to say because im the only sane one here :D
ITS A TRAP!!!
Obviously its a tarp... who wouldn't recognize it as one.
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Zander

Post by Zander »

Typhon wrote:Image
IT HAS AN EYE ON THE BACK OF ITS HEAD! QUICK KILL IT!

-Robert Louis Stevenson
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

No two classes are not actually spy.

Spy is sapping the intelligence!

(mmm TF2)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

zeekgenateer wrote:I like how I'm being told to dodge everyone by everyone else. Time for a SAN check.
Notice that nobody warns to avoid me, so I must be normal and nice!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

The pile of empty 7up cans on my desk say otherwise. I'll probably get a second opinion from my 2 liters of Dr. Pepper... mmmm.

But actually this requires the daring-doo of
FRANK DREBIN, POLICE SQUAD.
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

Welcome to the forums zeekgenateer!
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Welcome, Zeek! ... Dang, everyone else already used all the crazy for today. Guess I'm gonna have to be normal.

On an unrelated note, beware of ninjas. That is all.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Vadiant wrote:Welcome, Zeek! ... Dang, everyone else already used all the crazy for today. Guess I'm gonna have to be off my rockers.
There, i corrected it for you
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

FOOL it is a new day *points to time*! *wc3 voice* More crazy is required.
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Fool? FOOL?! Would a foolish person... Actually, you already know the answer's gonna be yes. Regardless! Who's to say that there wasn't just an abnormally low supply of crazy on the forums today, that just got used up really, really fast? ... Bwahaha, but seriously now. If you have to ask for crazy, you're really not looking hard enough. :lol:

Oh, and thank you for catching my mistake Typhon, that was very considerate of-- Heeeeeey. ... It's only one rocker. Having multiples would just be wasteful.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Welcome Mark!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Liam

Post by Liam »

Hi, Mark!
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Jyoukaagje

Post by Jyoukaagje »

'Allo, I just got done reading through the comics and I was impressed by the community that has built up around them. my life is in limbo right now, on the verge of becoming OMG hectic. Not much to say about myself really. I like a lot of different styles of music, right now I'm leaning towards dark dubstep/ bands like iwrestledabearonce and THE AGONIST/ E Nomine and Ruoska. I read a lot and have a drive to learn everything there is to learn, even though this is difficult as I have the wanderlust and as such never have time for formal schooling.

I may have considered myself a furry at one time. I have come to the conclusion that this is not so. I may be self-deluding, hahaha.
/* No Comment */
̑ͣͥ̈́͝҉̴̸̛͓̦̪̖͇̥̪̣̀͒ͮ͞ͅЂ̷͉͑ͧ͑̃ͩ̔͒͟Ҩ͙̜͚̦̦͚ͮ̍ͥ̔ͮ͂ͨ͊ͫᖅZ̫̻̻̣̹͓̫̄̄̇Ą̴̷̻͈̓̅L̰̳̱̻̔̿ͬ͊͟G͎̾͌͐O̾̂͏̣̪̯͉̞̰͘ ͕͙̹ͧ̄ᕔ̵̣̫̗̝̹̽̈͐̿̚ᙋ͍̺̙̺̳ͮ̽̀͜Ю͈͍̦̩͍̭ͥͦ̊͐ͅѨ̴͙̫̰̫͋͒͑̐͠

OT; Aaltje: S5 P6 E7 C4 I8 A7 L5
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Hi Jyou-thingie! Welcome :3(sorry for making you do this =3)
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Hi, J!
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Mmm dubstep usage in the new Pendulum album, hi fellow newbie.
Jyoukaagje

Post by Jyoukaagje »

the deadmau5 remix of Pendulum was one of the first songs I snagged on my last downloading spree :P
/* No Comment */
̑ͣͥ̈́͝҉̴̸̛͓̦̪̖͇̥̪̣̀͒ͮ͞ͅЂ̷͉͑ͧ͑̃ͩ̔͒͟Ҩ͙̜͚̦̦͚ͮ̍ͥ̔ͮ͂ͨ͊ͫᖅZ̫̻̻̣̹͓̫̄̄̇Ą̴̷̻͈̓̅L̰̳̱̻̔̿ͬ͊͟G͎̾͌͐O̾̂͏̣̪̯͉̞̰͘ ͕͙̹ͧ̄ᕔ̵̣̫̗̝̹̽̈͐̿̚ᙋ͍̺̙̺̳ͮ̽̀͜Ю͈͍̦̩͍̭ͥͦ̊͐ͅѨ̴͙̫̰̫͋͒͑̐͠

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Hello, Zeek! I see Robin Hood is one of your favorite authors! He is cool!

Nice to meet you Kaa, you're not the only one who once called himself a furry but then reconsidered :)
Jyoukaagje

Post by Jyoukaagje »

Thank y'all f'the warm welcome.
/* No Comment */

Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Sup Jyou. welcome to the forums. And its fine if you thought you were a furry once. People lose their hair over time.

Post by Quote »

Hi...
I hate my real name, so, I guess I'll introduce myself with what most of my online friends call me. In that case, the name's Touhou or Zero.
You guys can call me whatever you want, I really don't mind. My name isn't important to me.

I got linked to Housepets! less than 48 hours ago when one of my friends was trying to get me outta my depression.
I started reading, and literally couldn't stop until I had reached the end. So far, I'm eating up every little bit of it.

Well, if anybody is curious about me for whatever reasons...
I would have considered myself a furry since I was about six or so if I knew what it was. I enjoyed the prospect of anthropomorphic animals ever since I played Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention. Zylo and Alef started it all.
I'm pretty much a complete closet case about everything in real life, although I did spill everything to one person.
I've been kind of hinting about it to the friends I have now, but I'm afraid to come right out and tell them so none of them really know.
Long story short, in person I'm very insecure about every facet of myself. Online I'm usually a completely different person.

Right now I'm still pretty down and confused with so many aspects of life, so don't mind me if I seem kinda halfhearted or absent. I promise I'll be a lot more fun once I figure everything out and get back on track.

Well, I don't wanna make a (bigger) wall of text, so I'll just move on to listing stuff.

I enjoy gaming of all sorts, whether it's PC, Console, or Board (I play everything from Halo to Final Fantasy to Dungeons and Dragons)
I enjoy the outdoors, but I can't really go outside.
This coming year will be my senior year of high school, and I'll be the first member of my family from the past few generations to actually graduate and not settle with a GED.
I enjoy answering questions people ask about me, so feel free to ask anything that's on your mind.
My hometown is Tacoma, Washington. I moved over ten years ago and I'm still homesick.

Well, most of you probably don't care to read much more, or probably even this much, so I'll stop here. Like I said, if you would like to acquaint yourself with me further I have no problems with answering questions.

I look forward to my time spent here, and I hope we all manage to get along well!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Heh, welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay, I assure you you will :). Uh... how to call you? I'll call you Zero, then. Be sure to stop by in our IRC channel, Zero, so we can talk if you want :) (Link here).
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Liam

Post by Liam »

Hi, Zero!

Post by Quote »

Thank you both very much.
I'm not very experienced with mIRC, but I'll work with it a bit.
Edit: I managed to get on the IRC channel, so you'll probably see me some time or another.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Nice to meey you E-Zero. I think you've given the most infomation about yourself so far, nice job! I respect you already, you seem very awesome. The journey is important after all.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Hey Zero, sounds rough. Been having some problems with my friends too this summer. If you're bored hop on the IRC channel and chat with us.

Oh and good luck on High School, it's rough to get through, but college for me has been so much better. (Oh and chatzilla > mirc imo)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Helloooo Zero-thingie! Welcome to the Housepets! forums :3 (You could've written as much as you would have wanted, reading can be fun =3) Also don't mind me, I am way silly sometimes :>