HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Kilo chuckled, "there's danger in everything, sweet Nadia, as I am sure you know what matters is not the danger but how we go about facing it, hmm?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Kilo chuckled, "there's danger in everything, sweet Nadia, as I am sure you know what matters is not the danger but how we go about facing it, hmm?"
"Yeah yeah I know I know , we did come down here to explore and all that after all"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:Last time I said you should go wif them, you almost ran off crying! Hutch said. Come on, we don't have all day! Hutch said as he began to walk out of the tunnels.
Oreo flattens back his small ears.
I'm sorry, Hutchie...He mews..
As the young skunk "heels" at the border collies side and follows along with him.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I don't have matches, but will a lighter work?" Tesla asked, slowing his pace a little
~~~

Mercury led on quietly, map held close to his face
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No, but I want to. It's our fault after all and that kind of surgery and after-care isn't cheap. It's the least we could do to help out."

~~~~
Piper nods. "Piper. Well, if you're sure. I suppose we can make a final decision when we get there and see the state it's in. Right, Flynn?"
"Right. So... shall we head off? Which way is it, Sixtoes?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Don't worry about it, Mrs. Joan. Hutch said as he got to the 2 humans and cat. I can take care of it. Is there room for a plus 1 in our group, Pyre? Hutch asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I don't know. Is there Dad?" Pyre asked. "Sure, I'm fine with that." Nick said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Argent

Post by Argent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"True. Well, it's worth a look. We'll see what's what when we get there." He turns to the vixen.
"Well, that depends what he finds, Nadia. If there's a room or furniture or anything then he can explore. If it's just a dead end then he just comes out again and we look somewhere else. Sound like a plan, Kilo? We should tie a string on you too, so we can pull you out if anything goes wrong."
"You sure you want to take that kind of a risk, Kilo? If it's collapsed once then chances are that it could be unstable and collapse again." points out Piper. "And if it collapses while you're in or under it then we'd have no chance of getting you out."
"Oh I don't think it'll collapse you'll see. Come on and have a look and Miss Priya you come along you might be able to move the tree outta the way besides you got Mister mouse!"

Cinnamon runs off down the hallway.

"See it's not far!" he yells.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Then let us proceed, dear Priya?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:Don't worry about it, Mrs. Joan. Hutch said as he got to the 2 humans and cat. I can take care of it. Is there room for a plus 1 in our group, Pyre? Hutch asked.
Oreo waves shyly, still "heeling" at Hutch's side
Hi there kitty cat
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Argent wrote:"Oh I don't think it'll collapse you'll see. Come on and have a look and Miss Priya you come along you might be able to move the tree outta the way besides you got Mister mouse!"

Cinnamon runs off down the hallway.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Then let us proceed, dear Priya?"
"O-okay!" Priya hastily started to run behind Sixtoes. She is quite slow though, so it was more of a jog in comparison to the marten's speedy boost. And when she remembered Kilo's presence on her shoulder, she stopped her trot altogether and walked the rest of the distance to Sixtoes' side.

Once she arrived, she also yelled back at the group behind. "Yeah, not far!"

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Argent

Post by Argent »

What Priya and Kilo see as they reach the marten is piles of blocks, a thick stone wall tumbled by an oak tree that's grown to seal the width of the tunnel and engulf the shattered remnants of a sturdy wooden door. The roof is solid and unbroken, and the tree curves and bends under a heavy lintel stone... it's clear that this was once a hidden entrance to the tunnels. The entrance isn't completely closed off... sunlight filters down from above and there are signs this part of the tunnel has been occupied, probably by bats.

"I don't know if there's more tunnel past the tree or not because I can't quite fit through the gap up but if you climb up you can kind of see more trees and a bit of a roof or maybe a road."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Kilo said happily, lifting his arms, "Rope me up, fellows, this old climber has a new matterhorn to mount!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Having followed Sixtoes and Priya, Flynn looks at the rope over his chest.
"I'm not sure this rope will work, Kilo. The knot will be as big as you. You wouldn't be able to move... Do you have something finer in your bag, Sixteos?"

Piper places her head against the wall, trying to sight along the wall and out of the tunnels to where the sunlight is coming from.
"If you can get out, can you make note of some landmarks so we can find the entrance from the other side, Kilo? Or do you already know where it is, Sixtoes?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Nope nope I have no idea where this is I'm guessing it's near the lodge but like I said I'm too big to fit through there. Don't know why you need a rope it's just climbing a tree and... let's see... my rope's just as thick as yours. I got some cables that are a little thinner if you wanna to be a USB mouse. It's kinda stiff though and doesn't bend really well."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, it is merely for regaining me if needed," Kilo explained. "Freestyle is, of course, also quite possible. If Miss Priya could lift me next to the tree so I can have a head start?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I think this looks stable enough anyway." Flynn tests the tree and the slabs by putting some pressure on them.
"The tree seems to be holding it up. If you're happy, Kilo, than I am. Don't forget your torch. You may still need it, even with that sunlight."
"I can't get any kind of a breeze. All I can smell is the guano. Kinda drowns everything else out."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Right then... Allon-sy!* Hutch said as he made his way out the door.
Let's go!*
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Hey, maybe I could just pick you up in my paw, Kilogram sir, and toss you to that spot?" Priya said, reaching out to grab the tiny mouse. After listening to the rest though, she had a different take on the idea that they were discussing and stopped her arms. Instead, with Kilo on tow, she moved to the base of the amalgam of natural and man-made outcropping.

"Hang tight Kilogram sir, I'm climbing up!" The scarfed mongoose then planted all four paws on one sturdy spot of branch or stone each, and started climbing her way up. Again, she was not that agile, so she took a considerable amount of time. Plus she had a few slip-ups now and then. But she pressed on, eager to reach the roof and she soon did just that, hanging on to the branches.

"Phew, made it!" She sighed, that perpetual smile she had was in line with what others could see as her emotions then. "Kilogram sir, use my body and climb up me to that hole!"
Last edited by kurowolfe on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah." Nick said, walking out next to Pyre. Nick and Pyre got in the car and waited for Hutch and Oreo to get in as well.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hutch walked to the car and held the door open for Oreo.
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Blick looks the lantern over. "Yeah, I think it would. Wait, you're owner trusts you with a lighter? Cool!" she responds to Tesla.

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"My mom trusts me with flying an airship." Tesla responded, holding out a square metal lighter, giggling a little
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you, my dear," Kilo said, heading to the tree and taking grip. "You may have shortened my mountaineering but you have lessened their wait." He grasped the tree and climbed to the light.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Where is we, Mr. Mercury?" Leslie asked putting his head up between Mercury's arms so he could see the map.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:Hutch walked to the car and held the door open for Oreo.
Oreo jumps up into the car seat.
yeaa Car rides!!!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury held the map out a little farther from himself, "Well," he chuckled, "We're right where the trail I've marked down ends." he continued, pointing his red pencil at their location, "Is there anything you've seen that you want me to mark down?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hutch hops in next to Oreo.
To the clinic! Hutch says enthusiastically.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Esper wrote:Mercury held the map out a little farther from himself, "Well," he chuckled, "We're right where the trail I've marked down ends." he continued, pointing his red pencil at their location, "Is there anything you've seen that you want me to mark down?"
"Well Miss Blick trippd over a lanturn," Leslie reported. "That meens a purson's been here, right? Or a Souper-heero!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Once everyone was in, Nick drove to the vet. When they got there, Nick helped Pyre out of the car.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:Hutch hops in next to Oreo.
To the clinic! Hutch says enthusiastically.
Oreo climbs up into Hutch's lap to hang his head out of the window all the way there!
Weeeeeeeeee!
He churrrrs. With a wild tail awagging!!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo climbed to the light and felt the wind ruffle his fur as he poked his head out and looked around. "I am sure I know this place," he said as he looked around at the trees and bushes. "Quite sure, yes. I am more sure of that than I am of who I am talking to to be honest." He chuckled and turned back downwards. "Yes, I am confident that comes out up the hill from the lodge," he told the others, "I recognise the Pinus Resinosa. It was on the route I was supposed to take with Wicket a few weeks back. There's only a few of them in this wood. Now," he added, "to see what's around the other side. There's certainly something, the bat droppings on the surface tells me that." He headed towards the dark, clicking on his torch/flashlight ((delete as applicable))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hutch held on to the skunk so he wouldn't fall out of the window, but Oreo's tail kept ticklling his nose. Hutch used his mouth to catch the tail, holding it still in his mouth.
Haffin' fhun, Oreo? Hutch asked around the tail.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joan waves the car off and heads back up to her office to work on the bit of coding she's been struggling with.

~~~~
"So you think you could find it from the outside, Kilo? That'll be good. Let us know what else you find up there." Flynn enquires. He starts to explore the section of cave he can access, striving to see past the tree, and examining the walls and floor of the tunnel.
"Have you explored a lot of these tunnels then, Sixtoes?" Piper queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"I wonder how long these go on for anyway," Lucky wondered aloud. He picked up a pebble and threw it at an angle against a wall down a corridor. The echos seemed to resound for some time.
"This place is weird," whispered Ryyn loudly.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Quite a way from the sound of that echo." Piper postulates.
"Did that sound hollow to anybody else though?" Picking up a pebble, she walks slowly down the corridor, tapping the wall here and there and listening carefully to the sounds and echoes. She soon decides she was mistaken though, and wanders back to the group.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Not these tunnels nobody's been here in hundreds of years I can't smell anything but us and bats and rats and mice and I'm not supposed to have anything to do with them. If you go up the river you get to the main caves an they're much more interesting."

A sudden rush of honesty makes him correct himself.

"Fifty years anyway. That's almost hundreds."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

(Hello I am back for good, I have gotten a run through of what is basically happening right now but I may start off a little wobbly so bear with me :mrgreen: )

Doc had more or less the last few weeks been very introvert in a way. After his experience with Muvia and the "other" part of the forest he needed to sort things out for a bit and just think for a while. For the two weeks he really just wandered around town from time to time or he stayed inside sometimes just sleeping or thinking for some time, sometimes he read up on his medical books and a few times he wandered to the forest and took a walk to help himself cope and clear his mind. That was over now he was ready to join his friends again, he still remembered the whole rescue vividly but it was over and he needed to move on, determined to find his friends Doc set out for the vet clinic, sure that one of the vets may know where the others were or maybe a few might be there themselves.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:Hutch held on to the skunk so he wouldn't fall out of the window, but Oreo's tail kept ticklling his nose. Hutch used his mouth to catch the tail, holding it still in his mouth.
Haffin' fhun, Oreo? Hutch asked around the tail.
Oh Yeaaaaaa! I have been watching canines do this all the time!!
But my owner always straps me down into the seat whenever we go car riding!!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo climbed around to the other side of the tree and shone his little torch into the thick dark gloom. He couldn't see anything from here so he headed down to the floor and to the edge of the passage. The smells down here were stale and ancient but still they remained. It wasn't impossible that Foxes and Cats and others had been down here recently. Fortunately he had a bit of the Mongoose smell about him now, he reckoned as he picked his way along the continuing passageway for about twenty metres before turning to return to the others as he had something of an idea of the general destination of this tunnel. The light reflected off something and he snapped the light off incase it was a Feline. After a second he realised how silly the idea was and flicked it back on. He approached the item and tutted before pulling a very dirty old coin off the floor and tucked it under his arm before returning to the tree and turning the light off so he could use the limb for climbing. He eventually pulled himself back around to the other pets and found he was really feeling his hip now. "A hand down?" He asked. "It looks as though the tunnel does go on towards the old lodge," he reported before taking a breath. "I did find a small coin though." He flipped the coin to Flynn when he came near.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Priya, who was actually still latched onto the outcropping like a house lizard, cocked her head to the side when she noticed the mouse not using her body to climb down. Hence, she let go. Thing was, she forgot about the landing part, and she just fell flat on her back like a rock. Thankfully, no tremors this time around. She was giggling though.

((OOC: Sorry, I totally thought I posted something before this >_<))