Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

GameCobra

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: Oh... deer. I might have to do my first IV test tomorrow at the hospital. ;_;
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh getting an IV isn't that bad! It just feels like a pinch!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Needles usually don't bother me, but any sort of needle in me makes my heart rate go up, which is something I wish I could block out of my mind.

And yet I can do something like lift a television without panicking =P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can not lift heavy things at all. I'm a weakling. :(
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: Finished my tests. It was weird. I got the IV done on me, but it was for my CT scan. And it felt really hot. had to close my eyes @_@

A weird experience, but now to see if they found anything =P
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Sorrow: The supervisor who hired me isn't happy that there have been days where I've only gone in to work for half an hour or an hour. But there wasn't much if anything to work on those days, and I feel guilty just doing nothing (looking for things to fix is only takes so long and often isn't very productive - plus we have people who already do that for us). I'm not sure whether it would be better for me to skip work or do nothing at work.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Have you tried talking to the supervisor about there being nothing to do?
Douglas Collier

Not yet. He wants to talk to me sometime - I don't know when. :?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Sounds very unproductive Doug, heh, hope it works out for you in the end.

Joy: Well, once again I decided to try and dance in public. This time in Spanish class, my teacher had this idea to try and get everyone to sing along to some Spanish music, maybe dance... Well, no one really got into it, so I jumped up onto my table in the front of the class and danced and sang in terrible Spanish-English mumble... It really cheered the class up, got everyone laughing, tall guy in a business suit dancing on top of a table with a terrible singing voice, I'd laugh too... Though afterwards everyone was like that was awesome, made me feel great even though it felt awful while doing it, but it was worth it.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Douglas Collier

Joy: My best friend and roommate is engaged. :)
Sorrow: That means he'll probably be moving out before winter semester, before which he plans on getting married.
Joy: He might be able to get RA housing in the apartments I'm living in (hopefully).
Sorrow: That still leaves me without a buddy during winter semester, and I'm unsure how anyone else would react to my emotional problems and quirks.
Sorrow: I keep feeling sorry for myself about not having a girl in my life, and at the same time don't want to be rejected because of said emotional problems and quirks.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Douglas Collier wrote:Sorrow: I keep feeling sorry for myself about not having a girl in my life, and at the same time don't want to be rejected because of said emotional problems and quirks.
You'll find the one for you if you keep looking Doug. Everyone has someone they'll meet and fall in love with. Just don't dwell on the getting rejected part. That's how it works. It may hurt, but then again, we don't learn how to walk without falling a time or two, right? :)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Civilization wrote:Sounds very unproductive Doug, heh, hope it works out for you in the end.

Joy: Well, once again I decided to try and dance in public. This time in Spanish class, my teacher had this idea to try and get everyone to sing along to some Spanish music, maybe dance... Well, no one really got into it, so I jumped up onto my table in the front of the class and danced and sang in terrible Spanish-English mumble... It really cheered the class up, got everyone laughing, tall guy in a business suit dancing on top of a table with a terrible singing voice, I'd laugh too... Though afterwards everyone was like that was awesome, made me feel great even though it felt awful while doing it, but it was worth it.
Sounds amazing. Keep it real, man!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: My term break is about to end in a week or so. And I have barely done anything that I wanted to do!
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I know how that feels. But you may have other opportunities soon.
ShadowLightning

Joy/Confusion: Our computer suddenly had 5 GB more of free space. I asked my sister if she deleted any of the files, but apparently she didn't and actually downloaded more files. I'm both confused, glad, and sorta worried now about how and why this happened.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Joy: Seems like I have inspired ideas among folks at my local card store with a MTG deck that I threw together yesterday. I feel for the first time in a while that I've made something that's actually decent. No doubt others will use it better but hey it works :P
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ooh! I wanna see it!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

I'll post up the rough layout I have in the MTG thread :)

Sorrow: Deckbuilding with a friend or RPíng with another friend tomorrow? Ugh, that is really annoying when two things I like doing come up on the same day!
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Douglas Collier

Joy: The fur for my fursuit arrived! :D
Sorrow: My debit card that was ordered last Wednesday hasn't arrived, despite paying for expedited shipping.
Sorrow: I've been having nightmares for the last week - first it was about my job and now it's about my education (I woke up crying earlier this morning). I might need to see a therapist if this keeps up.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I got a new part-time job at the dollar store!
Sorrow: My classes begin in 2 weeks. I'm not ready to go back!
Douglas Collier

Sorrow: Half of the fur was the wrong color (I ordered "camel" and ended getting "caramel", which is lighter and more yellow - think yellow lab).

Joy: The rest of the fur is good, so I can work on my paws.
Deske

Post by Deske »

So I'm a Butt: Got Dominoes. Told the guy to wait while I grabbed some cash for a tip. I spent the rest of my cash on a haircut earlier today. Thought I had at least a 5. Didn't. I have 25 euros though. But I live in America.

Nervous: I have a rather very important test and physical tomorrow.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Try not to think about it because if you do, you will end up psyching yourself out.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I had one heck of a day. First, I got up early cause I needed to go to my college to partially pay my tuition. Unfortunately, by the time I got there, I accidentally left some papers at home, so I had to take the one and a half hour bus ride home, get the papers, and then take the bus ride AGAIN back to my college. Second, by the time I got there, it was already lunch time, but I couldn't afford to waste time, so I went to the enrollment hub first. Unfortunately, there were a lot of people, so I had to wait. It would've been fine, if I wasn't so hungry. Third, it turns out the check my mom gave me for the payment wasn't enough, so I had to use some of the allowance my mom gave me (which was already not that much during that time cause I had to ride the bus twice) to make up for what was missing. Finally, because I had to used up more of my allowance than I planned for, I unfortunately couldn't eat lunch yet till I got home. So I had to take the looong bus ride home, starving.

Phew... I apologize for the long rant.

A little Joy: I was ranting to one of my online friends while I was waiting. He said it was cute how worked up I was getting. I have... mixed feelings about that, but I'm a little happy how he thinks I'm adorable if I get mad. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds like the day really stunk for you. I'm glad that you found a little joy though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy: Guys I did really well on my test.

Sorrow: My throat hurts and I think I may be slightly sick. Or dehydrated.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Try lozenges. They might work for you, though they never work for me.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: Wow, I've been out of the loop of the national news. I don't even know that the deputy prime minister was changed.... for some reason. Malaysian politics is really weird lately.

Sorrow: Still going up and down in terms of mood and depression. One minute I feel content, the next I feel like ending it all. It's tiring to be honest

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

sorry to hear that you're still recovering Kuro , I kind of know how that feel . At least there're still moments that you're feeling alright , so that's a good sign . Stay strong , we're all here for you if you want to talk .
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I'm in a bad mood, for various reasons. I know it sounds selfish, especially since some of your are probably having it worse than I am. I'm sorry.

And I'm sorry to hear that too, kuro. Hope you're doing alright.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Nothing wrong with being in a bad mood regardless of how others are feeling, just don't disregard their mood for your own.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Sorrow: My back hurts like ****.

Even more sorrow: Unfortunately im missing the time and ideas to continue my Fanfic and my LegoHP drawings :/

Mod Edit: Sorry, use of that word as profanity is not allowed.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow that really stinks. I hope that everything gets back on track for you soon.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I have classes tomorrow. Hopefully I won't have that much trouble falling asleep tonight. :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know how you feel. I go back on the 1st. :(
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: I worry this may not be a cold. I am coughing on a rather constant basis. My voice has deteriorated. I can talk, but it is quiet. On the bright side my throat no longer hurts and I think it's just dry from all the coughing and what not. Plus my voice can take on two pitches at once. This might just be a side effect of sickness and some yelling a day or so ago.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

it could be bronchitis. you may want to see a doctor but probably nothing to be worried about.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: Started my first official night on the job yesterday at 5pm and it ended at 5am this morning. I am still awake. Its kind of amazing.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
ShadowLightning

Sorry to hear about that throat problem, Deske. Maybe you should have that checked, if it gets any worse.

Sorrow: It's only the first day of classes and I'm already exhausted. Here's to hoping I can get enough sleep tonight.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: I'm trying to help my mom with her math homework but it is too hard for me. Math is like a alien language to me. I try to use simple logic to work it out but it defies that. I've never been good at it and what sucks worse is that I can't help her. I feel so useless sometimes by something that I should have learned in public school. :evil:
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil