Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

kurowolfe

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by kurowolfe »

I almost got run over and slammed against the steel gate by my mum's car backing up suddenly just as I was between that thing and the gate. Got through with a bruise on my arm from the pressure against the railing and a swollen palm from slamming on the car to wake her up. I need a drink

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

oh dear , that's terrifying , sorry to hear that kuro , hope your wounds will heal soon
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

That's scary, Kuro. I hope you'll get better soon.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh no! I'm glad to hear you're okay, though. That has to be scary...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is definitely a lot worse then what I was sad about. Hope you recover.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: My grandmother fell and hit her head and we had to take her to the hospital
Joy: There was nothing wrong with her
Sorrow: Her BAC was 5 times the legal limit (.4) so she probably didn't trip over my cousins stuff like she said and was drunk
Eeeeeeeesh! Is she dealing with something bad that she felt the need to get that hammered? :?

Joy: Took part in the monthly meeting for my site's faculty. Won a $25 gift card for TGI Friday's. (For those not American, that's a restaurant.)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That is definitely a lot worse then what I was sad about. Hope you recover.
It kinda is, especially when I realized post-mortem that at that instance, I was more worried about her car and the gate getting wrecked, hence meaning more bills to cover, than my own life. I still shiver thinking about my priorities sometimes.
Kitch wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: My grandmother fell and hit her head and we had to take her to the hospital
Joy: There was nothing wrong with her
Sorrow: Her BAC was 5 times the legal limit (.4) so she probably didn't trip over my cousins stuff like she said and was drunk
Eeeeeeeesh! Is she dealing with something bad that she felt the need to get that hammered? :?

Joy: Took part in the monthly meeting for my site's faculty. Won a $25 gift card for TGI Friday's. (For those not American, that's a restaurant.)
Maybe she just likes to drink and get wasted? My paternal grandma is like that, she drinks wine like she drinks water when the occasion arrives
Anyway, TGI Friday's also exists here, but only in Kuala Lumpur, the main capital. Pretty sweet win :3

Joy: Just 12 more days before I can leave this godforsaken job, and having my life back. They say I need to give one month's notice, but I don't think the shop owner deserve that. I'll just pick up my pay and leave. He can find more people to replace me, as he had claimed
Joy: Christmas is coming! Even if I don't celebrate Christmas myself, I still get excited over seeing the decorations and special events going on in the games I play

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My grandmother had always drank but my grandfather had always managed to reign her in. When he was hospitalized she drank a bit more and when he DIED, she stayed sober for a few months before I noticed that she was getting a lot more drunk than previously.

At the hospital she told the nurse when they breathalyzed her that she only had 1 or 2 glasses a week. The nurse pointed out that to a normal person, a BAC of 0.4 would put them in a coma.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: I had finals yesterday. I'm pretty sure I did bad on two out of three of them. I don't wanna fail TWO subjects this term... :cry:
Joy: Finals are over so that means I get to start my Christmas break earlier than the rest of the family. So... I guess that's good.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Just keep believing that you'll make it. Send positive vibes towards the professors so that they'll let you pass. Sometimes that's all you need

Sorrow: My boss is a calculative and unfair weasel. He lied about my pay and underpaid as well.
Joy: Which is why I'm quitting after tomorrow night. The experience has been eye-opening, but I don't want to stay in this toxic environment, where dreams are crushed. Enough is enough

tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Sorry for hear that kuro.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Went to go decorate a tree in Slater park honoring my grandfather
Sorrow: In order to get the tree, my grandfather had to die
More sorrow: Most of the trees were memorializing dead people
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Sorrow: my new job is running Mr ragged and I barely have any time to write my fan fictions!
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Joy: I can finally enjoy sweet sweet internet after over three weeks of no internet!
Joy: I have moved into a new place, into an actual house rather than a flat
Sorrow: I've had a lot of problems due to the move however, and I'm still having issues related to online connectability even after nearly 4 weeks...
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I failed one of my subjects this term. I now have to take it again next year. And I haven't even told my parents about it yet...
A little Joy: But, I passed the rest of them. I even got a higher grade than I thought I would in one of them. So... there's that.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That really does suck but hopefully next year you will do better.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Joy: Things are looking up academically! (I hope.)

Sorrow: They have come at a cost; I've barely slept all week, and haven't really slept that much over the past month or so. Last night I got a whopping 3 hours in... bad times o~o
If you want my number, it's #804080.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Hope you find the time to get some better sleep! :3

Been some good joy lately: me, my sister and stepdad bought mom a new laptop for christmas. a HP laptop. We also got the kitchen remodeled. I never thought of it being remodeled, but after seeing how my stepdad did it, it looks fantastic. I'm thinking of taking some pictures of it.

@Kuro: I don't know much about alchohol, but i hope she doesn't push it.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: I am now Master of Computer Science Obbl :D
It's Over!!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Next week is the last day of school for the fall semester!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Obbl wrote:Joy: I am now Master of Computer Science Obbl :D
It's Over!!!
Congratulations! That's awesome. :mrgreen:

I got mine (though not in computer science) earlier in the year. Master's high five!
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

It's Over!!!
Congrats, Obbl! :D
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yay! Congratulations, Master Obbl! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

It's Over!!!
hopefully I'll be a Bachelor of the same come May.
congrats.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Congratulations, Obbl. You are nerdier than the rest of us now :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Thanks e'erybody! :D
And good luck to you, Brent!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I have the house to myself for a little while!
Sorrow: I feel so alone!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Sorrow: My thermostat stopped working. Given that it's snowing outside, it means it's uh... kinda chilly inside my place.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I just got the worst possible schedule for the next term. Tuesdays and Thursdays start on 7:30 am, and end at 9:15 pm. I only have 6 classes enrolled because there aren't any others that are open that I can take. And I haven't told my parents yet about my failed class. Golly gee, ain't this Christmas gonna be a great one?

Joy: I'm going to Singapore this New Year. I was kinda hoping I'd be in a happier mood for this but eh...
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Singapore's a lovely place! I'd definetely be happy about it!

They have no winters though

Joy: interview went better than expected.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Joy: My district cancelled school because of snow. It's a miracle because they don't cancel for anything. Got to sleep in, and more time to study for finals!
Sorrow: Power went out for a while last night and my phone died. I had to recharge it to get on here.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy: One more final down, and I'm confident I passed the class with a reasonably good grade.

Sorrow: We have cleaning check tomorrow and I have a tough final I'm going to need to study for.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Final is tomorrow so I won't have to study anymore
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I passed all my classes, so
i only need to pass 4 more classes and I will be a college graduate.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

All the best for your finals everyone. My primary school headmaster once said that you should wish 'all the best' instead of 'good luck' to students facing their exams, because you shouldn't rely on pure luck to pass your subjects. Especially those who have worked hard or at least prepared for them, hence luck would be a minute factor.
It's Over!!!
Congrats, that's a huge thing you've achieved there~ *throws confetti*

For me, well-
Sorrow: Depression and anxiety backstabbed me over the weekends out of nowhere. Had to pretend I'm okay when I'm not. Was not prepared for an attack, so it took me longer to regain my footing
Joy: I recovered enough to be functional
Sorrow: I'm still wondering how to start doing commission work again, when I'm without a personal computer of my own, and I only have the shared PC which we took turns to use. I usually draw at night, and that's my mum's turn to wind down and relax streaming soap operas. Will work it out somehow I think

Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: This is going to sound like some sort of middle school adolescent nightmare but it is TRUE.

I got off work after a 12 hour shift. I come home. I go to be. One hour later my mom calls me and says I need to come over to her house because... I don't know why, I just have to and there was probably a good reason for it but I was too sleep deprived to remember. I get their after almost wrecking my car because I almost fell asleep behind the wheel. I get there to see her ready to leave. She says that she will be back in an hour or so and that I can lie down on her couch if I am sleepy. So instead of letting me sleep in my big bed in my quiet bed room with blacked out windows, I have to try and catch up my sleep on a small couch in a room with huge picture windows and my mom's dogs barking and freaking out outside. Joy.

But it gets better...

When she comes back she wakes me up after a full 20 minutes or so of sleep to wake me up again to give me the mission that was to take up the rest of my day off. No going to town, no going to the gym. Just helping her with her math homework. And "helping" her with her math homework means doing it for her. I suck at math and between the frustration of being unable to do it and the sleep deprivation I started to believe I was the subject of some weird, sadistic CIA mind control experiment.

There was a break in between where she took me with her to run an errand and I managed to get about another hour and a half of sleep before I was awoken again to return to the task of the math homework. After a while of failing miserably I said that I could not continue. In the last 40 hours I had maybe 3 hours of sleep and trying to do math while sleep deprived, and loud audio of obnoxious game shows she was was watching blaring in the background made it an impossible task.

"OH! I didn't realize! You can go home now. I am sure I can manage."

It just simply would not do but for me to forego sleep to do her homework for her at 7:00AM on my day off!!!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
ShadowLightning

Woah... your mom sounds like a pain. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you were able to spend the rest of your day off getting some rest.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: My medical school interview went pretty well! :D

Joy: I get to see my mate again this weekend!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Pretty sure I passed my exam!
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: My mom's been working a lot lately. This past week she's come home a bit late at night. It has me worried that she might be getting overworked and overstressed... I just hope she can get a well-deserved break during the holidays.