HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Buster »

There's no response from upstairs, though if noah were to walk back there, he might hear soft snoring.

(( :twisted: ))
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The rat is about to make some joke in reply to Kaylee's comment but her jaw drops at the mini paint whirlwind.
"Wait.. Did it just... Can it... Use your magic???" she demands. "How is that possible?"

~~~~~~~~
Sandy, meanwhile, is still distracted by daydreaming about that pizza.
"I wonder how big it ith. I hope I can get a large! Thay, Andy. Can I have thoda with that pittha pleathe? What'th your favourite kind of thoda?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I... have no idea, Holly," Kaylee said as a slight wind picked up around them. "I don't even know how I do it."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Any soda except Orange, my friend," said, petting Sandy. "And I usually prefer a Ginger beer."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bonnie seems to be trying to give her miniature counterpart lessons...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda looked on, not sure exactly what to do or say, as the others talked or interacted with their paint selves. She simply hummed, enjoying the usually entertaining paint antics that came from the miniatures.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hmm..." Holly looks up at the cat. "What do you do when you want to control your power - say you want a gust to go in a certain direction. Do you think about it or focus on it or make a gesture or something? Perhaps you can set a challenge of some description and see if paint you can do it? Then we'll know for sure."

~~~~~~~~
"Aw. But orange ith the betht!" Sandy jokingly protests, leaning into the pats. "Do you do much thportth, Andy? Thportth are fun. Fetch ith my favourite. Or anything with ballth or frithbeeth."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Amanda might feel something touching her foot. Little Amanda was trying to get her attention. Yensid leaned down to his paint self and made an electric current flow between his ears, wondering if his copy could do it too. Little Yensid's equivalent was making paint flow between his ears.

"I guess that works. Ret, this is a lot of paint, are you okay?"

"Yen, I'm fine."

Retlaw turned to his own mini figure. Little Retlaw was made of paint and Retlaw could summon it. Could Little Retlaw do the same? Retlaw summoned a little bubble of pink paint in his paws, holding it low enough for the minifigure to see him do it. In response, Little Retlaw summoned a smaller ball of red paint. Retlaw tried different colors, but it seemed all Little Red could do was red.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee tried to influence the paint version of herself in the use of its abilities but she had no real success beyond what she could do herself - directing it once but not changing direction. So she made sure the floor was kept clean by firing the paint back at Retlaw.
-----------------------------------
"Oh, I'm not too bad at that, Sandy," Andrew said, "But I figure you'll be testing me on that soon, eh?" he looked to his host. "I think this might continue for a while, Lupa," he said. "I believe you had tales for us?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lupa thought for a moment as she munched on a slice of pizza. Well, how about the story about how I found Steph?
I'd really like to hear that one. Noah commented.
Well, it all started when I went to investigate this half-buried temple outside of Carthage, from when it was a part of the Roman Empire. We got in there, and all along the walls there was writing about the various misdeeds that were committed by some evil spirit. Steph scoffed in the background. We eventually reached the center of the temple, where a little pot sat on top of one of those stereotypical little shrines you always see in movies. Of course, like an idiot, Tommy, who was still alive back then, decided it would be a good idea to open it up. He takes the lid off, and POOF! Out comes Steph, who was pretty much insane back then.
Yes, being stuck in an empty black void for two thousand years tends to do that to a guy. The butler snarked.
Anyways, he's gone crazy from being without even the slightest bit of intellectual stimulation for that long, but the magic that sealed him also made it so that he had to obey whoever opened his pot last, which in this case was Tommy. So while Steph is freaking out and trying to hurt us, Tommy yells at him to stop, and of course, he does. We managed to calm him down and had him explain his story from his perspective. Lupa paused to let the others comment before she continued.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hotep the psychic wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:"Why don't we go walk around town?" Kama asked, grabbing Horus' paw and walking down the street.
horus nods in agreement as the two walk around the neighborhood heading for town
Kama smiles and looks around as they get into town. "It's changed a bit." Kama pointed out.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Usually wise to get the other side's opinion," Kaylee said solemnly. "Shame Animal Control don't like to listen." She looked over at Sandy. "Sorry, Sandy. you OK?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orange and Vinny are sitting on a bench, the 2 obviously bored out of their minds.
"At this point, we could've done the body transfer and be completely done with it by now."
"I might go do that with you now... Waiting for Kama and Horus has taken awhile, so... *sigh* maybe they decided to ditch me..."
"You're only now getting that feeling? I know Kama needed the help, but I don't see why they didn't invite you to go with them."
"They wanted to give me a chance to recover... I guess... Maybe a couple chances..." Orange said, sighing as she sat back in the bench.
Vinny sat back with her.
"Do you think that I made things awkward? She kissed me first..." Orange asked.
"I don't think it's anything that you did, honestly. Don't think about it too hard, Sis. Vinny said, breathing in the fresh air.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, totally, Andy!" Sandy wags happily.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Usually wise to get the other side's opinion," Kaylee said solemnly. "Shame Animal Control don't like to listen." She looked over at Sandy. "Sorry, Sandy. you OK?"
"Mph, thorry, what? I wathn't lithening." Sandy looks slightly embarrassed as he lowers half a slice of pizza back to his plate, teh other half obviously having just been stuffed into his maw.

Holly, partly hidden by Kaylee's neck, just facepaws.
"Yep, he's fine. So what was his perspective? How did you get stuck in there, Mr. Stephen?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda looked down at the touch, seeing her small, paint self. She leaned forward, taking her duplicate into her paws, listening to the conversation as she did. When Holly asked what happened to Stephen, she decided to theorize, "The most likely cause was he was cursed into it. Either by spell or the item itself." She spoke, all the while watching, bemusedly, as her paint self make a small, even for the paint figures, snow man on her paw.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid and Retlaw sat, listening to Lupa's story. Their paint selves climbed up them, leaving little paint dots upon their fur everywhere. They sat down upon their heads when they finally got there.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Paint Kaylee looked up at Retlaw, wandered around a bit and sent a gust of paint at the paint him on his head.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew and Kaylee waited on Lupa.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

it seems little Kaylee's whirlwinds and little Amanda's ability to produce a snowman aren't the only anomalies. little Bonnie just climbed up to Amanda's miniature self and poked her, changing her from living paint to living ice. Ice that's not showing any indication of starting to melt despite being at room temperature...

"I think our magics are mixing with there's somehow..." Bonnie comments, still watching her smaller self. "I think they might be constructs. Elementals. I've never heard of ones this small though, or this smart..." she adds, holding her book open so the girls can see the page it's on. It's giving details (in an old dialect of latin) about summoning elementals. there's also a stickynote that, in english, says "don't even try, explodes if you get it wrong."
Last edited by Buster on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah...," Kaylee said, her face showing worried uncertainty. "I'm really not sure magic is supposed to do this sort of thing... Ret, you may want to put them away for now?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Buster wrote:"I think our magics are mixing with there's somehow..." Bonnie comments, still watching her smaller self. "I think they might be constructs. Elementals. I've never heard of ones this small though, or this smart..." she adds, holding her book open so the girls can see the page it's on. It's giving details (in an old dialect of latin) about summoning elementals. there's also a stickynote that, in english, says "don't even try, explodes if you get it wrong."
"That... Doethn't thound good. Fire and paint? Not a good combinathsion. It tendth to either burn... Or exthplode. What'th a conthtruct and an elemental though, Bonnie?"
"I have to admit I'm slightly curious as to what a paint me could do... Also slightly nervous about the same." Holly comments.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I feel like combining different types of magic is probably like combining different chemicals. If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it. Noah commented before gesturing for his mom to continue.
Anyways, once we managed to calm him down, we asked him his side of the story. Steph, do you wanna tell this part? Lupa asked the butler.
Certainly. Now, I'll admit, I wasn't exactly a role model back when they trapped me. I pulled a lot crazy shenanigans that weren't taken very well even back then. Swapping people's genders, turning people into animals and vice-versa, generally things involving transformation. That got to a head when I turned a chunk of gold into wine and gave it to a nobles wife. Now, you have to understand, back then we had a rather dim view of human biology, so I thought it'd all go to her stomach, and that when I turned it back, all she'd get was a stomach ache. However, when I did turn it back.... He paused, clearly not liking the memory. The noble started a witch hunt for me, and when they caught me they stuck me in that accursed pot. He closed his eyes and shuttered before opening them again. Imagine this, if you will. You are in a eternal black void. You can't move. There is nothing to see. There is nothing to hear. There is nothing that can cause any kind of stimulation for ANY of your senses. Nothing that can give you absolutely anything to even THINK about. Now imagine being stuck there for over two thousand years. You now have an inkling of an idea of how utterly maddening it was. He sat quietly for a moment. I think you can understand why I don't mind being a servant now.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Paint Kaylee looked up at Retlaw, wandered around a bit and sent a gust of paint at the paint him on his head.
Paint Retlaw heard the gust of paint long before it came to him. He reached over and tapped Retlaw's face, causing the mouse to look up at him.

"What'cha want, little m-AUGH!"

The gust of paint splashed coldly into the back of Retlaw's head, staining it purple. Paint Retlaw fell over onto his back, gripping his sides in silent laughter. Retlaw looked down at the little figure with a smile.

"Hmhmhmhm," he chuckled, before taking on a serious face, "Bedtime."

Retlaw pulled out his sketchbook and drew out a large paint palette. He pointed to each minifigure, turning it into a floating blob of paint. He collected them one at a time, placing them into the sections of the palette after collecting them. He set the pallet aside and wrapped it in several sheets of regular paper. Afterward, he picked up on the last bits and pieces of the story being told.

"Mhm. I think I got it, but tell me the whole thing again, I wasn't listening."

"I got this."

Yensid leaned over and began to recite the story, albeit with a tad bit of paraphrasing.
Last edited by Mickey on Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Civilization wrote:"Yeah that shouldn't be too hard." Ferettia said, Blanca chuckled, "Okay, let's do that then."

"There's always chess, or checkers too... Do you know those games Samuel?"
"I am not familiar with them, no." the fox replied. "So I would need to be taught how to play."
"Yeah, I think Chess would be too hard to teach quickly," Minnie thought out loud. Checkers may be a bit easier, but it still takes more strategy. Tic-tac-toe is still probably the better option."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Okay." Ferettia looked around the room, So have any paper... And something to write with?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

hypernovatic wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:"Why don't we go walk around town?" Kama asked, grabbing Horus' paw and walking down the street.
horus nods in agreement as the two walk around the neighborhood heading for town
Kama smiles and looks around as they get into town. "It's changed a bit." Kama pointed out.
Horus smiled and nodded s she looked about soon spotting her store.
MrNeonShot wrote:Orange and Vinny are sitting on a bench, the 2 obviously bored out of their minds.
"At this point, we could've done the body transfer and be completely done with it by now."
"I might go do that with you now... Waiting for Kama and Horus has taken awhile, so... *sigh* maybe they decided to ditch me..."
"You're only now getting that feeling? I know Kama needed the help, but I don't see why they didn't invite you to go with them."
"They wanted to give me a chance to recover... I guess... Maybe a couple chances..." Orange said, sighing as she sat back in the bench.
Vinny sat back with her.
"Do you think that I made things awkward? She kissed me first..." Orange asked.
"I don't think it's anything that you did, honestly. Don't think about it too hard, Sis. Vinny said, breathing in the fresh air.
Horus soon pulls Kama over to join orange and blush some when they approach "h. Hey orange"
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yeah...," Kaylee said, her face showing worried uncertainty. "I'm really not sure magic is supposed to do this sort of thing... Ret, you may want to put them away for now?"
"Yeah, probably not..." Bonnie mumbled with a bit of a sigh, she didn't really want the little... whatever they were, to go. They were interesting, and kind of cute in a way.
Hlaoroo wrote:"That... Doethn't thound good. Fire and paint? Not a good combinathsion. It tendth to either burn... Or exthplode. What'th a conthtruct and an elemental though, Bonnie?"
(sorry for the delay, took me a while to find a definition that didn't reference a game or game mechanics...)

"Um, in simplest terms? An elemental is like a spirit with an affinity for a particular 'element', er, not the chemistry ones though." She struggled, trying to explain. It was tricky, with her not wanting to have to use thaumaturgical terms. It had already become clear the others here didn't get their abilities from study of the arcane arts given only Amanda had even recognized a spell-book earlier, so referring to said texts would probably just confuse the matter further.

"Um, like you three." She added, Gesturing towards Sandy, Kaylee, and Amanda, as inspiration for an easy way to explain it hit her. "only no dog or cat, just powers and thoughts. If one manifests, their body is made from their powers, unless it's in a construct; an artificial body conjured to house that spirit."

Pausing a bit, she stopped to watch the cartoon duo put the little paintlings away before continuing. "My teacher claimed no one had seen one in centuries though. They're supposed to be really hard to make. Making one by accident would take crazy talent."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah," Kaylee said, giving the old butler spirit a small smile after Bonnie explained the magics, "Figure you wouldn't mind. Gotta ask, is there anything you don't like much about these days?" Kaylee pondered Bonnies' words. Something seemed... familiar about the word 'manifest' but not near accurate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew merely listened in, eating Pizza.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Kama smiles and hugs Orange. "How are you Orange?"
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Civilization wrote:"Okay." Ferettia looked around the room, So have any paper... And something to write with?"
"Yeah, right here," Minnie said as she pulled out some paper and pencils from a drawer.
Samuel noticed that the paper looked strange, and those weird round sticks... "are those... pencils?" he asked, confused. back in his time they were just made of lead shoved into a split block of wood. "and how is that paper so white?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Yeah, that is the pencil and paper of today." Furettia frowned a little, "Though I'm not sure how they do it." Then smiling, "But you have the internet to look it all up eventually." Pausing looking at Bianca, she gave a shrug. Furettia took the pencil and drew a the lines making up the board for tic tac toe.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orange and Vinny look at the two, the otter sighing in relief as she's hugged by the ferret.
I was beginning to think you guys weren't going to show. Vinny said.
Were there any complications with the potion? Orange asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Kama shook his head and smiled, his teeth a bit sharper than before. "Not really, besides my sclerae turning black, my voice raising in pitch, and my teeth got sharper." he said, swishing his tail.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda felt sorry for Stephen, but not too sorry. She couldn't excuse his blatant misuse of magic but, like he said, they lacked some knowledge back then. Not to mention the mere thought of being trapped alone in darkness for a few millennia brought frost around her. Though she was quickly brought out of the dark thoughts by Bonnie's analysis. She decided to focus on Bonnie more than Stephen's story. Amanda nodded in agreement, elementals being a rather taboo subject back home, "My family doesn't teach much in the way of elementals aside from the warnings and dangers, maybe some history. With most of the knowledge to it being highly restricted in fear of failure or misuse if succeeded. But in this case I'd have to theorize, maybe Yensid and Retlaw's unusual powers combined with the size of the creation led to the formation and stability respectively? Because, personally I haven't seen anything like them, and coming from a large, magical family, that's quite the achievement."

She couldn't help but giggle at a thought that came to her mind, "Oh, I'd love for some of my family to meet them, solely for the fact most of them would lose sleep trying to understand their powers."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Listening as Amanda spoke, Bonnie couldn't help but feel there was more here. "Abilities? As in more than just the one?" She asked looking over at the duo, curious, but also a bit uncertain whether asking was a good idea... "What else have you two done?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid itched at his neck at Bonnie's question.

"I'll show you, but you cannot freak out, alright?"

Yensid gripped his head by the sides and pulled it off, holding it in his hands.

"Lil' creepy, huh?"
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bonnie is completely silent and her eye appears to be twitching slightly.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee put an arm around Bonnie. "This is them at their weirdest, I assure you.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Bonnie? You okay there, Bon?"

"Great Scott, I think I broke her."

Yensid fits his head back into place.

"You want an explanation or do you want me to never do that again?"
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

After a moment bonnie snaps out of it, and mutters something about expecting zombies to be grumpier and dumber... apparently she thinks you're some kind of undead given the whole 'head pops off' thing.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda giggled at Bonnie's reaction, though pat her on the back, "Now imagine that brandishing a flame thrower." She gave a small sigh, "I think I'm finally getting over that." She was suddenly reminded of the snowman plushie, which she held up, "Retlaw also made this for me earlier. Been really helpful!" She gave it a happy little squeeze, glad for this little conversation detour. At Bonnie's mumbling she offered the little snowman to her, "This can help, should you need it.""
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Buster wrote: "Um, like you three." She added, Gesturing towards Sandy, Kaylee, and Amanda, as inspiration for an easy way to explain it hit her. "only no dog or cat, just powers and thoughts. If one manifests, their body is made from their powers, unless it's in a construct; an artificial body conjured to house that spirit."
"Tho... Kinda like a ghotht, Bonnie? They make their own bodieth. I think. And they're thpiritth."
'Well, I'm not entirely sure if I make my body or not, or even if you call this a body any more, San- Oh, gosh. That is SO wrong! Wow. Heads just shouldn't do that!" The spectral rat averts her eyes temporarily, turning her attention back to Steph.
"So... Can you still use your powers at will, like the genie from Aladdin, Steph, or are you just limited only to whatever Mrs. Walker wants you to do or allows you to do? And... I'm guessing you don't normally look like a human? Do you have some other form you prefer to take?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters