Housepets! Animated! Central Development Thread

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Housepets! Animated! Central Development Thread

Post by Hlaoroo »

Not yet except the two clips on the previous page in this thread. Watch this space for any news though!

And I like Retto's Pete and Bino too. :)

Welcome to the forums, Retto! Don't hesitate to ask if any of us staff can do anything to help you feel more at home or to help you out while you're here. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I will not be releasing the announcement animation until I can confirm that the first episode is ready to animate. That way if it for some reason the show doesn't end up coming out I won't have lied. :P
ImageImageImageImage
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

I hope that turns well!

I would like to participate but don't know very much the English pronunciation. Will try to learn that this year.

Meanwhile I can do Maxwell's Spanish lines :lol:
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

I was under the impression that Max would speak terrible Spanish; that he would have only learned enough to impress queens.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I can't speak spanish, but i would love to try reading them out loud :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

What he's said in Spanish so far isn't too bad, really. I just imagine that he has a heavy accent.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

That's kind of what I meant: it translates well, but I imagine him to have terrible pronunciation.

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Oh, a thought I just had. I know I don't really have a say in this, but I just thought, GreatKitsune, maybe you should ask Gasuuba to try a bit rougher or scratchier voice for Grape for the next time you record an episode. Nothing big, just to make her sound slightly boy-ier, cause, well, you know... it was just a thought.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Well, I don't mind the way she does the voice too much as I can see that as sort of a little boy voice. However, even that seems a bit odd for how old they're supposed to be in animal years. But I prefer it over a blatantly female voice :)
I mean, it'd be nice if the voice was a little more boyish but still understandable when it's revealed she's a girl, but I think that's a bit too much to ask. If she want's to try that for the next recording, go ahead, but I wouldn't blame her for just going on with this voice.
ImageImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SuperStar wrote:Nothing big, just to make her sound slightly boy-ier, cause, well, you know... it was just a thought.
I think what Gasuuba did is fine.
Keep in mind that Rick has said that Grape sounds like Rita from Animaniacs. She's actually not supposed to be boyish at all which was part of the joke of the big reveal - that Peanut had missed every clue including her voice and anatomy.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh well after hearing that, I think she's doing the voice perfectly then :D
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Well I never said the current voice was bad or anything, just I think it may be sort of good to test some stuff.
Hlaoroo wrote:that Peanut had missed every clue including her voice and anatomy.
Max also missed it somehow.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SuperStar wrote:Well I never said the current voice was bad or anything, just I think it may be sort of good to test some stuff.
That's fair enough. Never hurts to try new things! :D
SuperStar wrote: Max also missed it somehow.
He did? How did I miss his missing it?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

That does remind me, no one else has confused her gender since the reveal. Did they figure it out quickly on their own or was she straightforward about it?

Did Res and the barn cats ever get confused? Did Fox know?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I always just assumed max and peanut were both clueless, and the rest aren't.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Jata did. She dressed up and added a bearded chin to look like a guy, so it's safe to assume people just judge her gender from appearances.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, appearances really do a lot with perception, especially with clothing. I recall a girl in high school that I was so sure was a guy. She was rather androgynous regarding physical appearance, which was mainly because I almost always saw her in her ROTC uniform, which are bulky and look the same for both men and women. I was told by a friend of hers eventually. Some time later, I FINALLY saw her in regular clothes, and then it became a bit more obvious.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

SuperStar wrote:Oh, a thought I just had. I know I don't really have a say in this, but I just thought, GreatKitsune, maybe you should ask Gasuuba to try a bit rougher or scratchier voice for Grape for the next time you record an episode.
Every opinion has value. :)
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

By the way, a few things I forgot to ask that are probalby pretty important now that I've continued animating:
How are we gonna go about the youtube channel/social media thing? Should we create a gmail that only certain people can access so they can manage the channel? I've had quite a bit of experience with working with youtube and it's functions so I can just do the work for setting it up and posting the vids.
And along those lines, should we make a twitter as well? I think Kitsune or someone should run that cause I can barely remember to post anything on my own :lol:

Also, should I include a "this is a fan made thing blah blah blah belongs to Rick Griffin blah blah blah please support the official release and such" thing at the beginning or credits? Not sure if we need that or not but I feel like it's more respective.

And another thing, what exactly IS the title of this show? I've been saying "Housepets!: The Animated Web Series" or "Housepets!: AWS" but I didn't want to put it anywhere on the animations until I confirmed what it actually was (I kinda forgot to ask sooner :roll: ). I was thinking we should either call it that, or just put an "F" in front of the "animated" to make it clear that this isn't an official series, but that's just my opinion :)
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

A dedicated channel that a few people have direct access to sounds like a good idea.

Of course Rick needs to be given credit. At the beginning, maybe show a splash screen saying something along the lines of "based on the works of Rick Griffin" or something like that.

"Housepets!: The Fanimated Series"? That sounds both pretty clever and too silly. We can't just call it "The Series" due to the fan fic, so I would say "The Animated Series"? With the disclaimer at the beginning, hopefully it'll make it clear that it's unofficial.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Yeah, that's why I thought of the splash screen thing, but what if he decided to actually make an animated series of the comic later on and we'd have already taken the name "The Animated Series". Then again, he'd probably just call it "Housepets!", so in reality I'm probably overthinking it.

...Should I just ask Rick if we can use "The Animated Series"? Kinda forgot we can do that. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Housepets! The Animated Series! sounds good. But yeah, ask Rick or whatever, :P
Or we could just call it Housepets! Animated! like the thread is called...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

If Rick ever made a animated series, it's possible he would want the viewers know it's animated when searching it online. =P

Since this is a fan project, I would suggest we try something like "The Housepets Fanimation Project"
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Well, my only problem with that would be that "project" doesn't really look good on a title :P .

EDIT: I've sent Rick the message, hopefully he will reply soon. :D
ImageImageImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

I had just been calling it Housepets! Animated! this whole time, so whatever ends up sticking will work.
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Everyone on this team could call themselves The Housepets Fanimation Project (HFP), though. Sounds like a good collective name.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Wow, he responded super fast :shock:
This was his reply:
RickGriffin wrote:I would prefer if the title indicated it was unofficial. I like "Fanimated"
Therefore, whatever title we make must indicate that the series is in fact unofficial. And, because I agree with Rick :roll: , I personally think we should either go with "Housepets!: The Fanimated Series", "Housepets!: Fanimated" or "Housepets!: The Fanimated Web Series" :)
ImageImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

That F in animated goes along way. My vote is The Fanimated series. :3
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:And along those lines, should we make a twitter as well? I think Kitsune or someone should run that cause I can barely remember to post anything on my own :lol:
What if there were social media accounts for individual characters as well? A number of series do that, one example being Castle; Richard Castle has a Twitter account (@WriteRCastle). Enough characters have this that TV Tropes has a page called Character Blog: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... racterBlog

The thing about saying "based on the works of Rick Griffin" is that it's not. It's not based on it; it is it, just in animated form.
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Therefore, whatever title we make must indicate that the series is in fact unofficial. And, because I agree with Rick :roll: , I personally think we should either go with "Housepets!: The Fanimated Series", "Housepets!: Fanimated" or "Housepets!: The Fanimated Web Series" :)
I personally think "Housepets! Fanimated" is the better of the three; brevity is generally better.
Last edited by Naro Rivers on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

If that's the case, go with Housepets! Fanimated so it's short enough to be easily remembered by those who aren't aware of this project.
Hello, low order beings!

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

@Retto Well, we'd ALSO have to ask Rick to do that considering they're his characters, not ours. I also just personally don't like the idea of that for this series :|
ImageImageImageImage
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Good point.

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

To make the name deciding more official, I've created a straw poll to allow us to make sure how many votes there are for each (please follow the instructions :P ) : http://strawpoll.me/6887703
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I voted for Housepets! Fanimated, but personally I think it should be Housepets! Fanimated!. Note the difference.

And I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves with that Twitter, idea, sounds sort of excessive.

Also,
Retto-the-Otter wrote: The thing about saying "based on the works of Rick Griffin" is that it's not. It's not based on it; it is it, just in animated form.
They do this even in official animated adaptions, like with animes and stuff. By that I mean even official animations say "based on".
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh well of course, I just forgot the "!". My b :? :lol:

UPDATE: Well, at this point I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter if anyone else voted, it looks like it's leaning towards "Housepets!: Fanimated!" by a large majority (that would be 100%, because I accidentally pressed Fanimated Series to test if it counted my vote and I didn't wanna say anything :oops: :lol: ). I'll keep this open until I wake up, so unless it gets a sudden jolt of votes for the other 2 names I'm going to say the show is officially called Housepets! Fanimated! :D
ImageImageImageImage
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

The deadline listed on CCC is September first. Not to sound pushy, but is that when the cast will be announced?

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

We probably made the deadline WAAAY back when, like last year. The project kinda died for a while, but then it kicked back up after a few months so that was quite the delay. And only recently could kitsune come back to edit the polls again so that's a lot more time that was lost.
In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if the cast is not announced by then, though it doesn't mean we aren't trying to finish it up. :)
ImageImageImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Retto-the-Otter wrote:The deadline listed on CCC is September first. Not to sound pushy, but is that when the cast will be announced?
Actually, I had set the date as far as possible to keep the casting page open, as new characters are added every few months.
Hello, low order beings!

Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

I'm guessing that roles will be cast as needed, then (e.g. Bino will be cast before "A Mournful Situation").

Again, sorry if I sound pushy; I think the suspense and my own uncertainty are getting to me...