2016/09/07 – Magic Trick

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Zarpaulus

Re: 2016/09/07 – Magic Trick

Post by Zarpaulus »

So, not the face?

What? Does the dog of steel have a glass jaw or something?
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Elysion wrote:I think Boris is regretting his decision now, let's just hope he has health insurance. :lol:
No chance.

A. He works for Duchess.
B. He was trying to assault a K-9 officer.
Maybe he can get help from the 'Boy Bino Sure Is An Idiot Trust Fund'!
I still don't know how to do links... So uh here it is I hope: https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... llar-sign/
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Boris' reaction to punching Mungo's stomach reminds me of the scene in Twiglight Eclipse. Jacob kisses Bella then Bella punches his face and it does nothing, except making her start swearing under her breath. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Adoring Fan wrote:Who knew Mungo had a +3 wisdom score?
It's probably more a deception (Charisma) check against Boris' insight (Intelligence). Boris' check could also be insight (Wisdom), if you want to mix things up a bit.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
drivernjax

Post by drivernjax »

Frank wrote:you know, it could just be the vest...
You don't mean that the vests that Mungo and Fox are wearing are bullet-proof vests and full of kevlar, do you? Now, that just wouldn't be fair. (Of course, Boris accepted a fool's bet. He should have known that if Mungo agreed to a punching contest, he'd lose.)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Xane wrote:Mungo has a glass snoot? Who knew!
I think any of the dogs would have a problem with that. The long jaw adds leverage to any impact, leading to a higher probability of brain injury on lateral impact... the brain is structurally weak and sloshes around in the skull. It's one reason why larger-brained animals tend to have shorter jaws... the big exception is dolphins where the water provides enough resistance to rotation that it's not an issue.
Adoring Fan wrote:Just because someone lived thousands of years ago dose not mean they are related to everyone else.
7,000 years ago there weren't so many breeds of dogs, in fact that's far enough back that there might effectively only have effectively been one breed of domesticated dog in North Africa and the Middle East.

It's like he was the king of Olduvai Gorge 50,000 years ago.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Argent wrote:
I think any of the dogs would have a problem with that. The long jaw adds leverage to any impact, leading to a higher probability of brain injury on lateral impact... the brain is structurally weak and sloshes around in the skull. It's one reason why larger-brained animals tend to have shorter jaws... the big exception is dolphins where the water provides enough resistance to rotation that it's not an issue.
And I thought Mungo doesn't want to be hit in the face, because it hurts or he has the problem and always has to sneeze when he gets hit on the nose :mrgreen:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't care who you are, you don't want to be punched in the face.

Also your face doesn't have rock-hard abs.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

I don't think its so much that he cant take a punch there as its getting him to hit him where he has the biggest advantage.
Image Image
drivernjax

Post by drivernjax »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
Argent wrote:
And I thought Mungo doesn't want to be hit in the face, because it hurts or he has the problem and always has to sneeze when he gets hit on the nose :mrgreen:
I thought it was because he didn't want his killer good looks to be ruined by a swollen jaw. LOL.
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

I didn't know dogs' arms could bend like that.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

GarrisonSkunk wrote:I didn't know dogs' arms could bend like that.
You'd be surprised how flexible you are when your bones are a fine white powder.
drivernjax

Post by drivernjax »

NoSoyFurry wrote:
GarrisonSkunk wrote:I didn't know dogs' arms could bend like that.
You'd be surprised how flexible you are when your bones are a fine white powder.
LOL.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Bino strikes me as the kind of dog that would look up big words and then incorrectly use them to sound smart.
drivernjax

Post by drivernjax »

Iceheart wrote:Bino strikes me as the kind of dog that would look up big words and then incorrectly use them to sound smart.
That reminds me of Jerry Clower's neighbor, Uncle Versey. Jerry related that Uncle Versey would make up words to sound smarter than he actually was.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Sleet wrote:Also your face doesn't have rock-hard abs.
You have a credible point there, I say!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @