2019/03/11 - Not A Problem

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Welsh Halfwit

Re: 2019/03/11 - Not A Problem

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Cesco wrote:And you don't, Max. ;) Good question, Grape, and Tarot should really realize that it can't go like that for long... :roll:
Panel #1. She HAS realised. She just can't admit it to herself.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Peanut is just adorable. :P He just likes new experiences is all~

I resent the alt text though. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Wikirojo

Post by Wikirojo »

Yeah, I also think the joke is that Peanut doesn't take anything seriously, so when Grape tells him that, he just thinks it is another joke.

Peanut is such a precious doggo and he wouldn't like the people he loves dead!

P.D. this also counts for the murder jokes on Spot.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yeah, I'm really curious whether Rick's intending to break them up or redefine or solidify the relationship. The possibilities are pretty open :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I had to guess, I would say he's going to split them up because the only couple we had split up really was Basha but I will be happy either way he goes.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I wonder if Tarot is going to use whatever psychic power she has left to peer into Peanuts subconscious and see how he thinks in an attempt to better understand him. I’m curious to see the inner workings of his mind.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Wikirojo

Post by Wikirojo »

Obbl wrote:Yeah, I'm really curious whether Rick's intending to break them up or redefine or solidify the relationship. The possibilities are pretty open :D
I hope it is the second one :D

(But it is Rick's desicion and I'll be fine with it)
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

(MAX) Also Grape Is Going To Be MY Sister
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Um, what?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is there something that you want to point out but are missing some context?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Tarot seems a bit concerned, which is good because it does show, I think that she cares about Peanut. As for Peanut, he might not be fully paying attention, or he might recognize that Grape isn’t being serious, I hope it is one of the two, at least,
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Hmmm, On Twitter Rick says the ending is going to be weird. I'm very interested. I wonder if the ending might be something like this: Tarot breaks off the relationship and everyone thinks that Peanut is going to be angry/upset; however, it turns out he is fine with it. Not because of his usual reasoning of being ok with everything, but because he wanted to end the relationship too but couldn't bring himself to do it because he's too nice and didn't want to hurt Tarot. That is an unexpected and a weirdish twist IMO.

Edit: If they stay together it could be something like secretly one of them wanted to break it off but didn't because they didn't want to hurt the other. However, that seems less weird and more depressing. Unless he wants to go way off the wall with it and involve magic or the supernatural somehow these are my best guesses at the moment.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

IceKitsune wrote:Hmmm, On Twitter Rick says the ending is going to be weird. I'm very interested. I wonder if the ending might be something like this: Tarot breaks off the relationship and everyone thinks that Peanut is going to be angry/upset; however, it turns out he is fine with it. Not because of his usual reasoning of being ok with everything, but because he wanted to end the relationship too but couldn't bring himself to do it because he's too nice and didn't want to hurt Tarot. That is an unexpected and a weirdish twist IMO.

Edit: If they stay together it could be something like secretly one of them wanted to break it off but didn't because they didn't want to hurt the other. However, that seems less weird and more depressing. Unless he wants to go way off the wall with it and involve magic or the supernatural somehow these are my best guesses at the moment.
Can't wait for the plot twist where Peanut dates everyone. Because he likes everyone. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

IceKitsune wrote:Hmmm, On Twitter Rick says the ending is going to be weird. I'm very interested. I wonder if the ending might be something like this: Tarot breaks off the relationship and everyone thinks that Peanut is going to be angry/upset; however, it turns out he is fine with it. Not because of his usual reasoning of being ok with everything, but because he wanted to end the relationship too but couldn't bring himself to do it because he's too nice and didn't want to hurt Tarot. That is an unexpected and a weirdish twist IMO.

'Weird', eh? I wonder if it will be revealed that Peanut was actually a Skrull for years and will reveal that others are hidden among them...or probably Tarot will reveal she wants to break up and Peanut takes it as something completely different and thinks she wants to break his copy of the film UP.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

This is the actual tweet.
*writes to end of current Housepets arc* Huh, well, this is gonna be weird

Let's break down this one sentence. What could it mean? :lol:

My opinion is that Peanut and Tarot do break up and because they have been dating since Year 2 (since no one other than Bino has broken up with anyone before) the act of them breaking up is "weird."

Or the entire arc itself is weird because Tarot uses "weird magic" on Peanut and high jinks ensue.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I knew it! Grape's setting Peanut up with Daisy. ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:This is the actual tweet.

My opinion is that Peanut and Tarot do break up and because they have been dating since Year 2 (since no one other than Bino has broken up with anyone before) the act of them breaking up is "weird."

Or the entire arc itself is weird because Tarot uses "weird magic" on Peanut and high jinks ensue.
There also was someone asking if it was good weird or awkward weird, which Rick replied “yes” to. Feel that’s a very odd statement to make, though... if it’s a breakup arc and Rick just feels it be good for their relationship to change, that would fit what he’s saying
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Maybe Maxwell and Grape have decided to break off their romantic relationship but maintain a close friendship, with a snuggling/dating option like Grape and Peanut have, or the four of them have a magical adventure that causes they to form a close bond with each other.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Argent

Post by Argent »

Tarot magically splits onto Serious Tarot and Actually In Love With Peanut Tarot. Serious Tarot ends up partnering with Karishad purely platonically for Mad Science.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Argent wrote:Tarot magically splits onto Serious Tarot and Actually In Love With Peanut Tarot. Serious Tarot ends up partnering with Karishad purely platonically for Mad Science.
That would be really interesting and it could lead to a lot of neat storylines down the road. Doubt that will happen but it would be really weird.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:This is the actual tweet.

There also was someone asking if it was good weird or awkward weird, which Rick replied “yes” to. Feel that’s a very odd statement to make, though... if it’s a breakup arc and Rick just feels it be good for their relationship to change, that would fit what he’s saying
Saying "yes" like that really doesn't mean anything. It's just annoying. He might as well say "I can neither confirm or deny this statement."
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, I mean do you want him to specify a type of ending? He won't. It's usually more fun this way.

If I had to hazard a guess, Draig will get involved to start making amends for how she treated them.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

D-Rock wrote:Well, I mean do you want him to specify a type of ending? He won't. It's usually more fun this way.

If I had to hazard a guess, Draig will get involved to start making amends for how she treated them.
THAT would be a interesting evolution for Draig (Which is Dragon, right?) as I always felt she meant well but was misguided in areas.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Plus it would be a bit funny since I doubt any of them know that Draig is really Dragon. :lol:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Thinking back I don’t think Dragon has seen Peanut since Gallifrax. The time travel doesn’t count since that was pre-crush. As much as I’m opposed to Dragon appearing in Peanuts life again, fox or not, I am curious to see if she still has feelings for him.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Thinking back I don’t think Dragon has seen Peanut since Gallifrax. The time travel doesn’t count since that was pre-crush. As much as I’m opposed to Dragon appearing in Peanuts life again, fox or not, I am curious to see if she still has feelings for him.
That could be kinda cute
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure it would but if Peanut does spend some time with her I hope it isn't taken the wrong way. :?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Could you imagine Peanut babysitting those two? Like all the ferals go on an Opener Cult excursion while Zach and Jess go on a date so Kix has to get someone to watch Pete and Dragon so Peanut is the most likely choice. Probably Kitsune's idea. When it comes to those two, his mean streak comes out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Mean would be forcing King and Bailey to do it. Kitsune getting Peanut to do it I could see working because even though people doubt how mature he is sometimes he can prove them wrong and I do think that deep down Kitsune DOES care.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Kitsune does care he just goes to extreme measures to ensure everyone is where they are supposed to be and learn a valuable lesson that will help them through life. Everyone's happiness is high on his list of priorities except probably Pete's best interest. Pete is honestly lucky he hasn't been tossed into Pandemonium which if he did end up there by the end of the series I would not be surprised. If I'm being more honest, if King did babysit those two, he would most likely ensure that would happen.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh great. Now I have forgotten something within the series that I should probably know. Tell me, what's Pandemonium? Besides a B2K album.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Oh great. Now I have forgotten something within the series that I should probably know. Tell me, what's Pandemonium? Besides a B2K album.
Place in The Netherworld where Keene went to save Breel.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Oh great. Now I have forgotten something within the series that I should probably know. Tell me, what's Pandemonium? Besides a B2K album.
Pandæmonium is the capital of Hell in John Milton's epic poem Paradise Lost.
Argent

Post by Argent »

It's "the city of all demons". It was built by the daemons in one day of solid gold, but they had to shrink to fit in it so I assume it's kind of like commercial airline seats.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Shudder. I wouldn't wish the horror of commercial airline seats on anybody!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Peanut may love everybody, but not everybody likes/can put up with Peanut. Their relationship does have that fact that Tarot loves Peanut going for it.
fenrirblack wrote:My prediction will be something will happen that forces them to examine their relationship and right before you think they are going to make it work and be better than ever, Tarot breaks up with Peanut after coming to the conclusion that they are either incompatible or that the relationship is going nowhere and it would be better to end it now than break Peanut’s heart down the road. In other words by the end of this one way or another they are going to break up.

Then we focus on breaking up Max and Grape....
I don't think there will be something as dramatic as a breakup this arc. It's not set up to finish at the end of the year ;).
TeflonCougar wrote:I sure Tarot already knew this, Peanut was never bothered by anything that happened in any of the past arcs, time travel included. This should not be new to anyone.
Peanut was very much bothered in the Save the Date arc with the 3 (4) puppies.
Bandit1990 wrote:
Soerix wrote:Peanut is told that his sister/best friend and his love interest are going to DIE, and he's completely fine with that??
I know some people said that he has ADHD or something, but... is he actually insane?
Or is it that he just doesn't pay ANY attention to the activities suggested to him, and whenever he hears things like "we're gonna", just instantly thinks "it's an activity they wanna do, then fine, let's do it!"?
Peanut is more than capable of recognizing hyperbole. I'm pretty sure he knows she's not being serious and is just playing along like he always does, which is her point.
I think hope Peanut trusts Grape enough to recognize she wasn't being literal.
Peanut's an intelligent dog. Which is the more likely scenario from Peanut's perspective: that Grape is actually going to do that or there's something else going on.
John-056 wrote:I Keep having the thought that there may have been some unintentional side-effects from being an unprotected Mortal like Peanut, gallivanting across the Void with Tarot. Peanut mentioned during GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL that taking such Trips with Tarot was nothing new, and he doesn't have the advantage of having Avatar status.
Yes, but Peanut's an exception. Even though he's not an avatar, Dragon still protected him on their adventures..
SeanWolf wrote:This is something I've been thinking about recently in regards to Peanut: Maybe he secretly knows that not everything is fine and dandy and he lies to himself by making himself this happy-go-lucky dog without a care in the world and doesn't let everything bother/phase him in the slightest.
"Sometimes it's easier to put on a happy face, you know?"
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN wrote:(MAX) Also Grape Is Going To Be MY Sister
D-Rock wrote:Um, what?
I think TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN was suggesting something Max could say that "fine with literally everything" Peanut would not be fine with.
IceKitsune wrote:Hmmm, On Twitter Rick says the ending is going to be weird. I'm very interested.
It's important to remember that "weird for Housepets!" is a bit differnet than "weird in general". As an example, this is par for the course.
The cape comes with the promotion.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Champion Wallace wrote:
John-056 wrote:I Keep having the thought that there may have been some unintentional side-effects from being an unprotected Mortal like Peanut, gallivanting across the Void with Tarot. Peanut mentioned during GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL that taking such Trips with Tarot was nothing new, and he doesn't have the advantage of having Avatar status.
Yes, but Peanut's an exception. Even though he's not an avatar, Dragon still protected him on their adventures..
I think Tarot was referring to whatever was able to Physically hurt him.

I was referring to the Psychological damage. If it was truly Physical, Everyone would notice. Remember, I also added that Grape got wary when she read that strip on Spot burning Elves in Santa's workshop, and Peanut uses Spot as a sorta author avatar insert.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yes, you did add that. It's also very clearly grasping at straws :P
There's nothing in the story thus far that really supports your idea, and to the contrary even, Peanut has been shown not to be disturbed by strange aeons
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Obbl wrote:Yes, you did add that. It's also very clearly grasping at straws :P
There's nothing in the story thus far that really supports your idea, and to the contrary even, Peanut has been shown not to be disturbed by strange aeons
If You're talking to me, then there is nothing that supports your theory either.

There is a Difference between shrugging off the Super Natural and casually leaning on the Forth Wall, and Then there is acting like a Reverse of the Pyro.

And by the way, the only thing I added, was what One commenter pointed out to me, that Peanut uses Spot as an Author Surrogate.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*