Cursed coin ~ transformation theories

Discuss the comic here
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: Cursed coin ~ transformation theories

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:You’re going to have to trust me. I watched the stream.
Did you see any girl being talked about in the stream Fen? If you didn’t, then this is just a theory without any weight to support it. Also, L doesn’t restrict Marion from finding an animal partner in the slightest, he’s got puppy love at best with her considering his age.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

If you want to know about the any of that stuff, check the discord.

I’m not saying that Marion wont team up with an animal partner. More than likely “L” will be more like a goal or a connection to Marion’s human life. That is something that we haven’t seen before with the others which again makes Marion unique among the therianthropes. This is enhanced by the idea of having an animal partner. This is speculation at this point but depending on how Marion adapts he could be torn between the two worlds. I doubt this will happen but it comes down to Marion's overall role in the comic.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:You’re going to have to trust me. I watched the stream.
Did you see any girl being talked about in the stream Fen? If you didn’t, then this is just a theory without any weight to support it. Also, L doesn’t restrict Marion from finding an animal partner in the slightest, he’s got puppy love at best with her considering his age.
Dunno, man. If he's got a driver liscence, he's at least 16.

Some people marry at that age.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly cannot imagine getting married at 16.
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Thu May 09, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Had a schoolmate who totally did.

So yeah, a 16 year old boy can totally get a girlfriend.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

A girlfriend yes but a WIFE?

Also, don't you need parental permission to get married at 16?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

*holding his arms defensively*
My point is that "L" is more than likely a girlfriend.....or a boyfriend....of Marion.

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

General reminder, perhaps DON'T bring up the fact that you're privy to certain currently-unreleased information if you were watching Rick's streams?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I want to toss another theory out into the ring and say that IF it was not the coin's doing that made Marion a squirrel then maybe it was not a traditional transformation. Before with King and Steward and Thomas it was a normal "poof" situation but with Marion we have no evidence of what happened. He woke up and he was a squirrel. So odds are the coin was not involved because no matter how you look at it the odds of it being due to the coin are minimal at best. That leads me to think that there is a small possiblity could be something else like either a mind-swap from a distance or he merged with a squirrel that already existed at the time. This doesn't explain why or how but it is worth thinking about from different angles.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Espionage experiment gone awry, mebbee?
Keldor

Post by Keldor »

We have to remember that this is Pete's curse we're talking about. He has his sense of humor...

So if he wants it to wait until a particularly amusing moment before manifesting itself, he can do that. If he wants to have it add (remove??) a little bit extra just to troll Marion some more, he can do that too.

And if he wants the curse to have agency to do Pete-humor on its own without his intervention, he can also do that. He's a demi-god, for Pete's sake!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would have thought that since he is no longer a demi-god but just a common fox kit, that his curses that he cast would lose effectiveness unless one actually TOUCHED the coin. :|
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Apparently, once the spell is implanted, the aura survives the fate of the magician. Of course, throughout history, people have always used coins to make "change". ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I want to discuss the idea of changing back. I mean I don’t think it’s been discussed in too much detail about the moral dilemma we have of playing with this much power. Kitsune must know that the coin is on Earth and now that the game and the temple are gone, why isn’t the coin gone as well? Tarot said it herself that heavenly magic isn’t supposed to fall into mortal hands. It’s fun too think about various characters changing into animals and Thomas and Steward both had it coming but what about the next rando who comes across it. Is it fair for Joe Next door to be turned into a prairie dog because Steward decided to use the coin? If that did happen then shouldn’t someone change them back?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Kitsune would probably select a "champion" to fix things.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:Kitsune would probably select a "champion" to fix things.
Annoying but on par considering Kitsune's style and that is usually how gods do things. Of course that must be why he's been playing with the geek squad lately. He must be planning to use them as his heroes. :roll:
Lockely

Post by Lockely »

Of course, "fixing" things may not be the kind of "fix" the human characters want.

There's also the issue of the fact that there was way more than one coin there, the whole pile of treasure is cursed, and nothing buried in a ruin stays buried forever.
A Curious Coin Conundrum, my little fanfic in the HP Universe.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Lockely wrote:
Of course, "fixing" things may not be the kind of "fix" the human characters want.

There's also the issue of the fact that there was way more than one coin there, the whole pile of treasure is cursed, and nothing buried in a ruin stays buried forever.
That's assuming that everything in the temple didn't disappear along with the pocket dimension. Remember back at the beginning it was just one giant room until Pete was unleashed.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:I want to discuss the idea of changing back. I mean I don’t think it’s been discussed in too much detail about the moral dilemma we have of playing with this much power. Kitsune must know that the coin is on Earth and now that the game and the temple are gone, why isn’t the coin gone as well? Tarot said it herself that heavenly magic isn’t supposed to fall into mortal hands. It’s fun too think about various characters changing into animals and Thomas and Steward both had it coming but what about the next rando who comes across it. Is it fair for Joe Next door to be turned into a prairie dog because Steward decided to use the coin? If that did happen then shouldn’t someone change them back?
Given how little we know about it, there aren't many possible answers to "how could they change back?" that wouldn't be consistent. If Tarot or Sabrina were apprised of the situation, they might be able to whip up a counter curse (or find someone that could on the astral web). Additionally, some countercurse scrolls might still be buried under the rubble.
So what you're saying is we need a Great Kitsune avatar ;)?
What I gathered was that most limitations on the demigods was either self-imposed as part of the game to make is fun/interesting or stemmed more from laziness than inability. The biggest indication of their powers's outside the game if I recall correctly was when Kitsune said "Despite the omnipotence, there's quite a few things that I cannot change--It's beyond my pay grade, as it were." which still doesn't clarify much.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I guess we could say that if Kitsune needed an avatar and chose one with permission to help fix this, that they couldn't outright fix it since this might be beyond Kitsune's ability.