2019/09/04 - Well When You Say It Like That

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2019/09/04 - Well When You Say It Like That

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If they did stop off somewhere, who is to say that it is actually coffee in that cup? It could be ANY hot beverage that they requested. Remember how its close to fall now so I'm sure that hot apple cider would be a thing. ;)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

unfortunately WoG has declared it tea. so those ideas while interesting are false by default.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

They probably got the smallest cup available, and only had it partially filled. :lol:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

All squirrels are caffeine fiends and require coffee, tea, and chocolate in large quantities. Thanks.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

You sure that's not just you and your many tails craving the extra energy? :P
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

l-listen, h-h-hush... ><;;

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Java … java-aah, java-java-jing-jing-jing. Woo! Good ol'Green Mountain Dark Magic!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:Java … java-aah, java-java-jing-jing-jing. Woo! Good ol'Green Mountain Dark Magic!
You either really like coffee or just summoned a coffee based spirit. Cant decide which.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

It could be both!

Keldor

Post by Keldor »

fenrirblack wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:
jonas wrote:Y'know, I would not be giving that squirrel coffee if I were them. At that size, a 16-oz. will have Marion bouncing off the walls.
It's...tea
chamomile tea?

Marion: Oh come on, we have time! Give me the short version.
Tea kicks in. Marion passes out of the table.
King: Oh come on, my story wasn't that dull.

Type Caffeine Per 8 oz Cup
Green Tea 35-70 mg
Oolong Tea 50-75 mg
Black Tea 60-90 mg
It's alright. This is workplace tea. They've reused the bag so many times (because no one wants to spring for the $5 to buy a new box) that there's only trace amounts of tea left. ;)

Also, maybe Marion is one of those sorts who prefers tea mixed into their cream and not the other way around. (And thus he isn't actually drinking any because workplace creamer-like substance.)

This argument also works for coffee.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I've worked in offices like that. Our Quartermaster had a Major Grey tea bag that lasted through our whole deployment in Germany. Nasty, but the tea flavor wasn't bad on a foggy Hessian mornin'.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Never mind Marion's transformation, Fido seems to have turned into Fox between the last comic and this one.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

CunningFox wrote:Never mind Marion's transformation, Fido seems to have turned into Fox between the last comic and this one.
Meh, that's a lateral move. 8-)
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think it would have been funnier f it had been Fox turning into Fido because I think of Fido being an upgraded version of Fox if we are talking Pokemon terms.

"Congratulations! Your Fox has evolved into a Fido!"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think it would have been funnier f it had been Fox turning into Fido because I think of Fido being an upgraded version of Fox if we are talking Pokemon terms.

"Congratulations! Your Fox has evolved into a Fido!"
It would be the other way around. Fido evokes into Fox and then I guess Fox evolves into Miles. I don't know what breed Fido is so I'm going with mutt. Mutt evolves into Husky then husky evolves into a wolf.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
tych

Post by tych »

you know given the entirety of the situation even the short version of King's life is freakin' long
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't even really think that there IS a short version of his life. LOL
angelmar741

Post by angelmar741 »

Yes!!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw the end of Link's Awakening!!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I don't even really think that there IS a short version of his life. LOL
Was human and unhappy. Now dog and happy.

Loses a little something in the retelling. 8-)

There is a future arc: King writes a book about his life, publisher insists on placing it under fiction.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I don't even really think that there IS a short version of his life. LOL

There is a future arc: King writes a book about his life, publisher insists on placing it under fiction.
King Me: The True Story of King "Joel Zechariah Robinson" Milton.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:

King Me: The True Story of King "Joel Zechariah Robinson" Milton.
Rock: We love the book, but we're going to lose the subtitle.
King: Why?
Rock: Because no one knows who you are. Besides, we're pushing it as a mock-autobiography.
King: <sputters> What?! You know it's true! You were there for dogs sake!
Rock: How about if we bump your advance by 10%?
King: ...fine.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I do wonder if they ever will get back to King's story. I mean, it would be a nice touch on Rick's part to have a strip after things calm down for the moment where Marion asks King to continue his story.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:I do wonder if they ever will get back to King's story. I mean, it would be a nice touch on Rick's part to have a strip after things calm down for the moment where Marion asks King to continue his story.
Probably take too much time. I suspect we"ll just find out someday that the story was told. If, as I suspect, Marion and Lois are going to throw themselves into looking for a solution, they'll want Kings story. For that matter, even if he turns back, then he might want to know what happ6to King.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I was Marion, I would be more interested in finding out WHY King decided to stay a dog in the first place and how bad his life sucked.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If I was Marion, I would be more interested in finding out WHY King decided to stay a dog in the first place and how bad his life sucked.
I'm thinking we might get more on that subject whenever they go to King's place to visit Kitsune. Although he doesn't know King willingly stayed a dog yet, Marion would probably have questions after finding out King's married to Bailey and has pups.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:If I was Marion, I would be more interested in finding out WHY King decided to stay a dog in the first place and how bad his life sucked.
I'm thinking we might get more on that subject whenever they go to King's place to visit Kitsune. Although he doesn't know King willingly stayed a dog yet, Marion would probably have questions after finding out King's married to Bailey and has pups.
What's funny is that King felt his attraction to Bailey, including a thought about what husky/Corgi puppies would look like, was just chemistry. It was just his dog brain telling him to go native.

If King still believes that, I wonder if he'll warn Marion, and how Marion will take that
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I do wonder if they ever will get back to King's story. I mean, it would be a nice touch on Rick's part to have a strip after things calm down for the moment where Marion asks King to continue his story.
Probably take too much time. I suspect we"ll just find out someday that the story was told. If, as I suspect, Marion and Lois are going to throw themselves into looking for a solution, they'll want Kings story. For that matter, even if he turns back, then he might want to know what happ6to King.
I was thinking something more like this and we don't see the full conversation but its aftermath. There is a lot of good one off potential right now. I can see a random strip where King and Fido are just sitting next to each other than Fido randomly says "I know you're Joel Robinson." and then King does a spit take.
I mean would it be that hard to put together. Depending on how much Fox told him over the years it makes sense. Joel escaped the court house the same day King shows up in Babylon Gardens. King was obsessed with getting a watch back that had Joel's name on it. Fox shows up with a random human, wearing a disguise, in the exact size and shape as Joel. King never talks about his past. Fido's not an idiot, he's gotten police training to solve crimes so he should be able to put the pieces together or at least dig into it to confirm his suspicions before confronting King. If Fido just straight up asked Fox, would Fox even lie about it?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote: I was thinking something more like this and we don't see the full conversation but its aftermath. There is a lot of good one off potential right now. I can see a random strip where King and Fido are just sitting next to each other than Fido randomly says "I know you're Joel Robinson." and then King does a spit take.
I mean would it be that hard to put together. Depending on how much Fox told him over the years it makes sense. Joel escaped the court house the same day King shows up in Babylon Gardens. King was obsessed with getting a watch back that had Joel's name on it. Fox shows up with a random human, wearing a disguise, in the exact size and shape as Joel. King never talks about his past. Fido's not an idiot, he's gotten police training to solve crimes so he should be able to put the pieces together or at least dig into it to confirm his suspicions before confronting King. If Fido just straight up asked Fox, would Fox even lie about it?
It is a bit of a logical leap, though I guess the biggest chunk of that puzzle is discovering that human to animal transformation is even possible. Once he has that piece, then if you're of a mindset to figure it out then he might put pieces together.

As for Fox? I don't think he'd lie or deny, I think he'd deflect. Most likely with a "That's Kings business, not mine."

I am interested to see how this revelation gets handled, because it's actually kind of hard to tell how Fido will take it. I think it's clear that he's only finding out just as King is getting to the station that King was human, and now he knows Fox has kept that secret from him. I could see this handled in one strip ("That was years ago, you've been a good dog since. No one cares anymore") to its own sub-arc (Fido works to find something incriminating against King just because... there HAS to be something! Joel was a bad guy!)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: I was thinking something more like this and we don't see the full conversation but its aftermath. There is a lot of good one off potential right now. I can see a random strip where King and Fido are just sitting next to each other than Fido randomly says "I know you're Joel Robinson." and then King does a spit take.
It is a bit of a logical leap, though I guess the biggest chunk of that puzzle is discovering that human to animal transformation is even possible. Once he has that piece, then if you're of a mindset to figure it out then he might put pieces together.

As for Fox? I don't think he'd lie or deny, I think he'd deflect. Most likely with a "That's Kings business, not mine."

I am interested to see how this revelation gets handled, because it's actually kind of hard to tell how Fido will take it. I think it's clear that he's only finding out just as King is getting to the station that King was human, and now he knows Fox has kept that secret from him. I could see this handled in one strip ("That was years ago, you've been a good dog since. No one cares anymore") to its own sub-arc (Fido works to find something incriminating against King just because... there HAS to be something! Joel was a bad guy!)
… and among the "stories-yet-to-be-told (if ever)" is how Fido and Fox reconciled if, indeed, they ever did.
Fox has NEVER had a reason to divulge King's secret to Fido (or anyone else, for that matter) and - given a choice between Fido or King - would protect King's friendship over his relationship with Fido. Truthfully, I can't see Fido's "professionalism" giving him permission to pop that question on Fox, anyways. Their relationship may still be kinda brittle … or not.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe once all of this is said and done Marion can get King to tell him the WHOLE story and convince him to write a book about it though it probably won't be taken seriously. It would have to be a fiction book and I bet it would be really good.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Maybe once all of this is said and done Marion can get King to tell him the WHOLE story and convince him to write a book about it though it probably won't be taken seriously. It would have to be a fiction book and I bet it would be really good.
If carp hits the fan and Steward unleashes a transformation plague with the coin then the world will find out and then it won't be fiction no more but would be a good excuse for King to write a book being how he was the first. You get one "poof" on camera and post it online....then things go south fast.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But he would have to reveal who he was and that might cause a few problems if Fido doesn't know. Bill, transformed or not, you know will be ******.