2019/09/16 - Chain Of Foods

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Argent

Re: 2019/09/16 - Chain Of Foods

Post by Argent »

I think Lana would be upset if Marion or Zach gave her a wide berth. Especially after the incident with Fido and Spo.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Argent wrote:
trekkie wrote:I wonder if his DNA is the same. That could prove that Marion is Marion, and in the meantime he could take the exams, administered by Miles.
I think you'll run into problems running squirrel hardware with human software. System crash is the least of your problems.
Oops. Hope Marion is able to graduate on time, though.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

dr_eirik wrote:
Jacy wrote:I didn't recognize Lucretia at first. She looks much slimmer than usual.
Skimming back, I don't think she's slimmer, I think we're just seeing more of her body than normally we see.
I felt the same as both of you. My first impression was Lucretia looked different, but compared to previous strips this is normal for her.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

With Lucretia's eyes in the last panel, I personally don't know whether it's an annoyed "oh that's why you were keeping quiet geez don't be mad of course I would never eat you" look, or if it's a "I do secretly have predator instincts that make me kinda wanna eat you but I'll just say this as an excuse to justify the fact that I took so much time to answer" look?
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Lucretia had better hide her To Serve Ferret book.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Soerix wrote:With Lucretia's eyes in the last panel, I personally don't know whether it's an annoyed "oh that's why you were keeping quiet geez don't be mad of course I would never eat you" look, or if it's a "I do secretly have predator instincts that make me kinda wanna eat you but I'll just say this as an excuse to justify the fact that I took so much time to answer" look?
I think that it's the first option. She hasn't really shown much interest in depredation since she's been introduced. Well, other than the deer carcass centerpiece, but that was way back in the beginning.

For that matter, I suspect that Marion is safe from most if not all of the wolves. I seem to recall Miles chiding one of the younger wolves that they hadn't hunted since discovering Cheetos. 8-)
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

That was Jack to Poncho.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

CunningFox wrote:Lucretia had better hide her To Serve Ferret book.
I would like to see what kind of cookbooks she does own if any. If the ECP takes off and more predators start moving into suburban areas then she could write some cookbooks or even get her own cooking show. "Cooking with Wolves"
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:
CunningFox wrote:Lucretia had better hide her To Serve Ferret book.
I would like to see what kind of cookbooks she does own if any. If the ECP takes off and more predators start moving into suburban areas then she could write some cookbooks or even get her own cooking show. "Cooking with Wolves"
Of course, as a wolf the "cook" part of cooking is optional.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think her show would take off if she just slammed a slab of meat down on the counter and started stuffing her face with it. XD
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I don't think her show would take off if she just slammed a slab of meat down on the counter and started stuffing her face with it. XD
Bill would probably still watch it.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Lana needs to remember that Miles and Lucretia are educated, and probably understand sarcasm and rhetoric.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that Miles has become educated since that is what happens when you become a teacher but when did Lucretia become educated?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

This comic implies that she is at least self educated.

http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... -nor-face/

I think that Miles talks about them gathering books at some point, too.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh that would explain it. So she is educated, just not as much as Miles. Soon the cubs will be up there with Miles too after wanting to rot their brains resulted in them going on a camping trip where Gale beat the daylights out of them.