Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by NHWestoN »

Thanks and gratitudes to trekkie, to Cunning Fox, and to DDeer for your good wishes. Return prayers for yer brothers to Nathan and trekkie. Before the sun comes out tomorrow, we gotta make it through the night.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We were finally able to get grinders from a place that I really liked after not having them for a while because we moved farther away from it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:43 pm Joy: We were finally able to get grinders from a place that I really liked after not having them for a while because we moved farther away from it.
"Old haunts and restaurants" help bring home back to you even after it's no longer home.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We are gonna get snow again in a few days!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorrow: Rainy. No beach for you, Sophie. :(
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Update on my mom. After months of positive results from chemo, we got bad news. The chemo seems to not be working as it should anymore, and there was an increase in cancer cells. She’s scheduled for another MRI to be sure of what’s going on, and the doctors will devise a new plan from there.

This front of being calm is getting harder and harder to keep up.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

That's a really heavy burden there, D-Rock. If you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out. I'll lend any support I can
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

So, sort to hear about that, Rock. We're here for you, bud.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Can't imagine what that must be like, D-Rock, especially at this time of year. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Stricken to hear of your Mom's situation, my friend. How hard it must be in this season. Be as kind to yourself as you can under the circumstances.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So sorry to hear about what is happening Rocky. If you need anything just ask and I'm sure we will try to get it to you.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

D-Rock wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:23 pm Update on my mom. After months of positive results from chemo, we got bad news. The chemo seems to not be working as it should anymore, and there was an increase in cancer cells. She’s scheduled for another MRI to be sure of what’s going on, and the doctors will devise a new plan from there.

This front of being calm is getting harder and harder to keep up.
I am so sorry. As someone who has several realitives struggling with treatments and surgeries, I can relate. I'll pray for your mom. Let's hope the doctor's plan works. Until then, try to stay happy, even if it hurts. Don't let the world's sadness break you.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks for your words, everyone. A lot of things are piling up right now, so any encouragement is deeply needed right now, for all of us.
Harry Johnathan

D-Rock wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:00 am Thanks for your words, everyone. A lot of things are piling up right now, so any encouragement is deeply needed right now, for all of us.
You are very welcome. We're all rooting for you and your mom, Rock. :D

Also, your Oliver avatar be lookin' sweet.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

My thoughts are with you and your family D-Rock, I find it hard to know what to say in times like these but I hope things pick up for you and your Mum. No need to keep up any front for my sake, it's o.k. to be not o.k. when things aren't going well.

Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorrow: So, apparently this boutique next to the market where I work hasn’t figured out that you need to salt your sidewalks. I slipped on the ice and broke my wrist. They did volunteer to pay the Urgent Care bill, though, so that’s taken care of.

Joy: My email was read on a podcast.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

trekkie wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:23 pm Sorrow: So, apparently this boutique next to the market where I work hasn’t figured out that you need to salt your sidewalks. I slipped on the ice and broke my wrist. They did volunteer to pay the Urgent Care bill, though, so that’s taken care of.
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I'm very sorry to hear that, D-Rock. Wishing you and your family all the best.

Also wishing you a speedy recovery, trekkie.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Its a week until Christmas!

Sorrow: First Christmas without my grandmother. First Christmas without my uncle. First Christmas in a new house. First Christmas where my sister and her boyfriend aren't gonna be here (they are spending Christmas with his family in Pennsylvania then only coming in to spend the 27th with us and then leave on the 28th). First Christmas where we probably won't get anybody. First Christmas where I probably will just want to sleep the whole day since its gonna be lonely. What was I talking about again?
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Sorrow, looks like there is a new Covid variant that is more contagious in the UK.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:45 pm Sorrow, looks like there is a new Covid variant that is more contagious in the UK.
... and a possible new strain called the "Star-Covid" emerging in Africa. mutation, it's what viruses do. Sigh.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Sorrow: accidentally unplugged my logitech usb reciver from my computer. Now I'll have to buy a new keyboard and mouse if I don't find it by my birthday.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

JamesTCat wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:08 pm Sorrow: accidentally unplugged my logitech usb reciver from my computer. Now I'll have to buy a new keyboard and mouse if I don't find it by my birthday.
(Hope you find it ... Happy Pre-Birthday (or Unbirthday).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Possible joy: We might be going over to a friend of my mother's house for Christmas Eve because she invited us. So maybe Christmas won't be as solemn this year.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Sorrow: unwittingly overloaded on stimulants, to the point I might not see another day. I am going to make one final post on the Kingkaiger fan faction thread and the moderators and administarors have at their hands my final will's primed to have the kingkaigers live on for all enternity,

nothing will stop yoy and them as they have will have the power of the copyleft ideas that you will make the kingkaigers live on in your eventual collective mutiverses, nothing will stands between both you and the kingkaigers alongsise any and all housepet tokusatsus that is now game.

Thank you everyone for allowing me to be a part of this community, And this feline will be making the most of the Housepets comic's own paradise.

https://youtu.be/1L7hwY-7mSE
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Harry Johnathan

JamesTCat wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:27 pm Sorrow: unwittingly overloaded on stimulants, to the point I might not see another day. I am going to make one final post on the Kingkaiger fan faction thread and the moderators and administarors have at their hands my final will's primed to have the kingkaigers live on for all enternity,

nothing will stop yoy and them as they have will have the power of the copyleft ideas that you will make the kingkaigers live on in your eventual collective mutiverses, nothing will stands between both you and the kingkaigers alongsise any and all housepet tokusatsus that is now game.

Thank you everyone for allowing me to be a part of this community, And this feline will be making the most of the Housepets comic's own paradise.

We'll keep you in our hearts, thoughts and prayers, James. Don't give up hope, don't stop fighting. If you can survive this (which I hope you can) then we will welcome you back to the forums and help you with your project.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

All we have to do is let him know that we are all pulling for him. Then he will find the strength to carry on.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Been away for a minute, so here's an update:
My brother unexpectedly returned home from Ft. Knox for Christmas, which was a wonderful surprise. Hadn't seen him since we visited back in July, and before then had to have been last Christmas.
In another vein, I found out about Flashpoint, so I've been playing a bunch of flash games from my youth, some I haven't even thought about, much less played, in over a decade. Coincidentally, this is also why I haven't been around often lately.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

JamesTCat wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:27 pm Sorrow: unwittingly overloaded on stimulants, to the point I might not see another day. I am going to make one final post on the Kingkaiger fan faction thread and the moderators and administarors have at their hands my final will's primed to have the kingkaigers live on for all enternity,

Hang tough, friend - you'll "kingkaiger" again!l! We're all with you.
Harry Johnathan

JOY: Got a Colecovision!

SORROW: I am struggling with some.... issues. Bad issues, issues on the inside and outside. If someone could just have me in their thoughts and prayers, that would help tremendously. It couldn't fix it (only one thing could) but it would help me so much.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gladly, Rydr, it's a prayerful season. We could all use a little more spiritual sustenance this winter ;)
Hope things soar for you soon.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thinking of you Rydr, hope things work out for you and you can turn a corner., whatever the issues are. Had to look that up, reminds me of the old commodore 64s or zx spectrum, good days, had an Acorn myself.
Daunted
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Will keep you in my prayers, Rydr. Wishing you all the best.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We finally got our basement set up as a spare bedroom since we are setting the bed up after ripping up the 20-year old rug up so we can have people stay over including my sister and her boyfriend when she comes up after Christmas!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

You're in my prayers, Rydr.

Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: The other week, I successfully passed my class.

Sorrows: It turns out that I had miscounted my credit hours and I need one more class to graduate. I have one more class to go. My excitement for the holidays was basically tossed in the dumpster after I learned I wouldn't be getting my degree this year, but it managed to come back slowly over the last week or so.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: We are supposed to have a big rain storm on Christmas all throughout the day which is gonna make it even that more depressing and probably make the roads so treacherous nobody will want to come over.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

tes
Some great yet slightly confusing news. My mom came back from from an appointment regarding the cancer, and it’s an update I really needed to hear. While the cancer number went up in the last test, there was no sign of cancer markers where they were looking in the MRI. They were also not found in the blood tests, so it’s not spreading. The doctors are currently thinking that maybe the source of the count is more localized in one region, and if so, they can take measures of direct radiation on it. We’ll know for sure after a CAT scan. Can’t do anything until after a stint is replaced, as it somehow got dislodged, but it’s relatively minor to worry about right now.

This was a heavy burden off of our shoulders, and I’ve been both in and on the verge of an emotional breakdown until today. Thank God and the doctors for all of their work. These are troubling times for them as well, but I know full well that the hospitals are doing what they can for her. We all need some good news.

We’re not entirely out of the woods yet, but we can sleep easier for now. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers while we continue to navigate this.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

That's great, Rock, hope things continue to improve. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.