2019/08/07 - Moment Of Truth

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/08/07 - Moment Of Truth

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/08/07 - Moment Of Truth]
Title Text: this is (about 1/3rd) extended off an experience I had in high school but the weird thing is I cannot recall if I accidentally cryptomnesia'd one of Mae's school stories from Night in the Woods

They took their DARE program seriously, didn't they?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2019/08/07 - Moment Of Truth

Post by Gbr23 »

Welp, in that story Marion took all the worst decisions possibles.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

That is why you need some kind of secret code word or phrase for a situation like this (also would work for time traveling as well) though I guess it could come with the same issues though.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

The next five pages are going to be Marion telling story after story until Lois decides squirrel be nuts and leave him at Jessicas.

Fox? Fido? She has a material witness pinned to the ground. You going to say something? Maybe take control? Did you guys stop at the doughnut shop on the way here? Did Lois manage to lose you two?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Good try, Marion. At least it was a complete sentence and a complete paragraph this time. I do hope Fox and Fido are nearby to save him and listen in on this conversation. I think its time for the police to intervene.
fenrirblack wrote:Okay, so with a guest week coming up that means that this current chapter will end on the 14th. That means Part 3 will be a total of 13 strips compared to part 2’s 14 and part 1’s 16. So with four strips remaining let’s see what we can do in that short amount of time.

7th- Marion explains who he is and Lois eventually believes him with or without persuasion from Fox.
9th- we go see Tarot
12th- Tarot examines him and says that there is nothing she can do
14th- Tarot explains that they need help from else where leading our heroes to the next step on there quest. Either Kitsune or simply take Marion home.
Hmm, oh well. I tried. I had more fate in Lois than I probably should have.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

So this is a darn if you do, darn if you don't situation?
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Did Lois "PLOMP" Marion on a grassy hill or on a bush?
I believe Silly Zealot got the closest to predicting this
Silly Zealot wrote:Marion: tells embarrassing secret.
Lois: How do I know Marion didn't tell you that to keep up with the prank.
Marion:tells the mother of all secrets, the most secretest of secrets, the one secret to rule them all
Lois (blushing heavily): ....................I'm SO gonna dump him when I find him.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

The story makes feel sad for Marion.

And the alt-text makes me feel sad for Rick.

Today is a time of sadness
IceKitsune wrote:That is why you need some kind of secret code word or phrase for a situation like this (also would work for time traveling as well) though I guess it could come with the same issues though.
Let's be honest, was there any chance they would see this situation coming?
Champion Wallace wrote:Did Lois "PLOMP" Marion on a grassy hill or on a bush?
I believe Silly Zealot got the closest to predicting this
This normally does NOT happen.

I am scared.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

We're all scared, SZ...

Some guessed the Squirrel would talk
and tell a dark tale of the past.
Some knew she wouldn’t believe him
and his hope in her wouldn’t last.
Some wonder why she’s got a glove on.
Perhaps she has allergies?
Some say that she’s got a good grip
as she gives a Squirrel a squeeze.
Some wonder if she can be brought around
to the Squirrel’s way of thinking.
Some are sure the black hole is opening
and it’s into madness she’s sinking...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

In a strange way, I don't know who I feel more sorry for. Marion for being stranglehold while he tells that super embarrassing story or Lois still not believing him despite the super embarrassing story, girl needs to open her mind.

Although that does say a lot about their relationship if Marion told her that story before this moment. Honesty is important.

Marion should have gone with the saucy fan fiction thing.
Marion: I know you write saucy Zootopia fan fiction about a tigress named Louise who goes around solving crimes alongside Nick and Judy and having an affair with Nick behind Judy's back
Lois:....Marion is going to die.
Marion: You're doing a pretty good job with that already.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Champion Wallace wrote:Did Lois "PLOMP" Marion on a grassy hill or on a bush?
Has to be a grassy hill. She'd have shoved him into a bush.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

fenrirblack wrote:Good try, Marion. At least it was a complete sentence and a complete paragraph this time. I do hope Fox and Fido are nearby to save him and listen in on this conversation. I think its time for the police to intervene.
Ah, yes. I had forgotten for a moment.
Will Fox step in and save Marion by confessing he knows more about these supernatural crazy happenstances than he appears?
Tune in Friday to find out!
Same House-time.
Same House-channel.
fenrirblack wrote:Hmm, oh well. I tried. I had more fate in Lois than I probably should have.
She isn't gullible and doesn't believe everything people tells her.
If anything, you should have MORE faith in her now! : D
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Silly Zealot wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Good try, Marion. At least it was a complete sentence and a complete paragraph this time. I do hope Fox and Fido are nearby to save him and listen in on this conversation. I think its time for the police to intervene.
Ah, yes. I had forgotten for a moment.
Will Fox step in and save Marion by confessing he knows more about these supernatural crazy happenstances than he appears?
Tune in Friday to find out!
Same House-time.
Same House-channel.
I read that in the Batman Announcer voice.

But you neen one alternate sting. "Will Fido get between girl and squirrel?"

Oh Cod, I had a horrible thought. If Lois is changed by the coin, there is a chance these two could be moose and squirrel....
Silly Zealot wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Hmm, oh well. I tried. I had more fate in Lois than I probably should have.
She isn't gullible and doesn't believe everything people tells her.
If anything, you should have MORE faith in her now! : D
Yeah, it was a longshot she'd buy it right away. This might have been his best secret, too. Since Marion is right, he has no way to prove anything, his best hope is that the K9s are just off panel. Well, his best hope is that Kitsune is just off panels, but Fox and Fido are more likely.
Padgriffin

Post by Padgriffin »

Watch out, if her grip gets any more tighter Kari's gonna get a nice dinner.
What do you mean Griffins aren’t cute?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

This could be a long interrogation, especially since Lois suspects that, in his real life, Marion shares the secret humiliations of his life with small, arboreal mammals. Not looking positive....

She notice the necklace yet ..... Maybe Monday.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

dr_eirik wrote:Oh Cod, I had a horrible thought. If Lois is changed by the coin, there is a chance these two could be moose and squirrel....
Getting to see that is really tempting, no doubt.
dr_eirik wrote: Since Marion is right, he has no way to prove anything, his best hope is that the K9s are just off panel. Well, his best hope is that Kitsune is just off panels, but Fox and Fido are more likely.
Kitsune is everywhere. He probably doesn't step in to help because:
A) Marion and Lois solving this issue by themselves will turn out to be far more fulfilling in the end than if someone bailed them out of it.
or
B) It would ruin the drama.
or
C) Both.

Argent

Post by Argent »

If Marion's cooperating enough to have told his captor embarrassing identification stories, he's not exactly kidnapped.

Plus there has to be a limit to how many embarrassing stories squirly would know.

Finally the could do it the other way around, have Lois tell the stories and let the squirl say if they're real or not.

CONSTANT VIGILANCE! What, you don't have a code phrase set up so your future self can prove they're you? Along with a duress code so you can tell your past self that you're really your future self but they can't trust you because they're also an evil twin.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Yeah the K9 should better intervene or even Jessica if she is still looking out the window.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Jeez looks like Lady Luck is not on Marion's side this whole arc!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Seems Marion already had that story in his head in case someone asked him for proof. Someone has to believe him soon, right??
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Seems Marion already had that story in his head in case someone asked him for proof. Someone has to believe him soon, right??
I hope so, Marion is overdue for a a good break. Maybe Fox will arrive and mention he’s heard of humans being transformed into animals, or Marion will eventually wear down Lois.
Last edited by trekkie on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I'm just wondering if Lois really doesn't believe Marion or doesn't want to believe Marion?
Her stoic expression tells me she doesn't believe Marion, but she could also have realised it IS Marion and just doesn't want to believe it.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:I'm just wondering if Lois really doesn't believe Marion or doesn't want to believe Marion?
Her stoic expression tells me she doesn't believe Marion, but she could also have realised it IS Marion and just doesn't want to believe it.
Same time, didn't she say that Marion was a female squirrel? So maybe his voice is throwing her off?
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I love Lois' expression in the second panel. Very intense; like something out of a thriller movie.

So three more strips to go till the end of the arc, huh? Hopefully it's not a whopper of a cliffhanger or more dire straits for Marion, and now maybe Lois as well. A lengthier chapter-ending strip showing Marion getting some help and well-deserved sleep, and then a scene change for the stinger revealing more info on his transformation would be nice.
dr_eirik wrote:Fox? Fido? She has a material witness pinned to the ground. You going to say something? Maybe take control? Did you guys stop at the doughnut shop on the way here? Did Lois manage to lose you two?
Yeah, I'm wondering where the K-9's are. Did... did they actually leave after Jess locked the place down? If that is indeed the case, then that's quite sad and I would've expected a lot more out of Fox a & Fido.

Maybe Fox is just off-panel, having either been watching or having just found Lois and Marion in this altercation, overhearing their conversation, and is going to put his hand on Lois' shoulder (It kind of looks like she's kneeling down, maybe?) and tell her to calm down. Then he and Fido talk to Marion, and come up with a plan to either go back to the station or straight to their preferred supernatural expert.

I really hope that's the case and we go with the K-9's for help. Lois being alone and laser-focused on Marion (who she doesn't know is Marion) means that a badger could potentially sneak up and put a coin in her other hand. Marion could say "Look behind you!", Lois wouldn't believe him, and then poof, we get a squirrely Lois who's finally ready to believe Marion, but sadly under the worst possible circumstances. Then maybe Fox & Fido stumble upon them, they explain the situation, and Marion finally gets the help he needs, albeit with his significant other in the same boat.

But then again, Rick might not want to play that card (err, coin) when it's so relatively early in the plot. Unless he really wants to start drawing Lois as an animal soon and get away from drawing humans. And Steward may not want to risk turning Lois into a predator that could turn right around and rip him to shreds, like what was talked about a bit back. Lois transforming into something like a bobcat, or if the coin does work on Pete-level trolling rules and decides to troll Steward himself, a Dachshund, would be some hilarious and satisfying coneuppance for him.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Now would be a good time for Fox to show up, I think.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Ash Greytree wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:Fox? Fido? She has a material witness pinned to the ground. You going to say something? Maybe take control? Did you guys stop at the doughnut shop on the way here? Did Lois manage to lose you two?
Yeah, I'm wondering where the K-9's are. Did... did they actually leave after Jess locked the place down? If that is indeed the case, then that's quite sad and I would've expected a lot more out of Fox a & Fido.

Maybe Fox is just off-panel, having either been watching or having just found Lois and Marion in this altercation, overhearing their conversation, and is going to put his hand on Lois' shoulder (It kind of looks like she's kneeling down, maybe?) and tell her to calm down. Then he and Fido talk to Marion, and come up with a plan to either go back to the station or straight to their preferred supernatural expert.

I really hope that's the case and we go with the K-9's for help. Lois being alone and laser-focused on Marion (who she doesn't know is Marion) means that a badger could potentially sneak up and put a coin in her other hand. Marion could say "Look behind you!", Lois wouldn't believe him, and then poof, we get a squirrely Lois who's finally ready to believe Marion, but sadly under the worst possible circumstances. Then maybe Fox & Fido stumble upon them, they explain the situation, and Marion finally gets the help he needs, albeit with his significant other in the same boat.
In a strange way, this sequence since they left the police station has been a bit confusing. It hasn't been at all clear who is where and when. We actually don't know that Lois was with the K9's when they talked to Jessica at all. She might have been just off-panel, she might have been sneaking behind them or she might have independently found the treehouse. And now, we don't know who is where at this end of the tunnel. Is Fox and/or Fido there? Is Karishad still there? Realizing that, from grabbing Marion by the tail to pinning him to the ground would be only a few seconds, by the time that he's spilled his guts, one of them should at least be putting a paw on the shoulder and calming her down. If only so she doesn't accidentally squeeze the life out of their witness.
But then again, Rick might not want to play that card (err, coin) when it's so relatively early in the plot. Unless he really wants to start drawing Lois as an animal soon and get away from drawing humans. And Steward may not want to risk turning Lois into a predator that could turn right around and rip him to shreds, like what was talked about a bit back. Lois transforming into something like a bobcat, or if the coin does work on Pete-level trolling rules and decides to troll Steward himself, a Dachshund, would be some hilarious and satisfying coneuppance for him.
I'm still of the opinion that she's not going to be transformed, but I've been (very) wrong before. I really don't see how turning Lois now would help Steward, if he even has a plan worked up. And once he uses the coin, that eliminates a great deal of leverage. Unless he's going to threaten Marions mother next or something.

Hrm... a thought just occurred to me. Is it possible, in the normal level of planning that Rick seems to put into these stories, that the reason why Lois wears glasses is that she's going to be a similar looking squirrel and he wanted something to differentiate their looks...?

So, at some soon point, Lois is suddenly poofed into a squirrel, and Marion looks at her both smug and startled at the same time, "NOW do you believe me?!
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

I don't really see Fox and Fido leaving the scene yet, neither of them seem like they would give up that easily. I kind of see Lois getting upset and handing Marion over to them probably followed by Marion getting put in a cage and having a breakdown and telling Fox and Fido his story on the way to the station.

BTW, don't know why it took me this long to think of it, but does anyone else think Marion's off color foot is a subtle-reference to C3PO's silver leg?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I'm wondering if Fox and Fido went off to call for back up, this is after all, a missing persons (possibly kidnapping) call, and i hope they wouldn't give up so easily. We don't know how long it took in real time for Marion and Kari to traverse the tunnel. Fox would probably be the best to show up because he has first hand knowledge of human transformation though Fido might know of examples through Sabrina. As for Lois being transformed, Steward could transform Lois and promise to turn them both back into humans if they aid him in his scheme.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote: Yeah, I'm wondering where the K-9's are. Did... did they actually leave after Jess locked the place down? If that is indeed the case, then that's quite sad and I would've expected a lot more out of Fox a & Fido.

In a strange way, this sequence since they left the police station has been a bit confusing. It hasn't been at all clear who is where and when. We actually don't know that Lois was with the K9's when they talked to Jessica at all. She might have been just off-panel, she might have been sneaking behind them or she might have independently found the treehouse. And now, we don't know who is where at this end of the tunnel. Is Fox and/or Fido there? Is Karishad still there? Realizing that, from grabbing Marion by the tail to pinning him to the ground would be only a few seconds, by the time that he's spilled his guts, one of them should at least be putting a paw on the shoulder and calming her down. If only so she doesn't accidentally squeeze the life out of their witness.
It is confusing but I can't imagine that Lois would follow them the entire time. Although it would make the most sense because as it has been pointed out, Lois would not be allowed to tag along during an official investigation. And at the same time it would be sad that she got more information about Marion's whereabouts than Fox and Fido. I can see Lois being detective after college. If she doesn't get transformed anytime soon, then my Detective Pikachu idea is still on the table. Even she does get transformed and she becomes a fairly large animal then again Detective Pikachu. Whether or not Lois tagged along or followed them, Fox and Fido will probably intervene in the next strip.
dr_eirik wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote:But then again, Rick might not want to play that card (err, coin) when it's so relatively early in the plot. Unless he really wants to start drawing Lois as an animal soon and get away from drawing humans. And Steward may not want to risk turning Lois into a predator that could turn right around and rip him to shreds, like what was talked about a bit back. Lois transforming into something like a bobcat, or if the coin does work on Pete-level trolling rules and decides to troll Steward himself, a Dachshund, would be some hilarious and satisfying coneuppance for him.
I'm still of the opinion that she's not going to be transformed, but I've been (very) wrong before. I really don't see how turning Lois now would help Steward, if he even has a plan worked up. And once he uses the coin, that eliminates a great deal of leverage. Unless he's going to threaten Marions mother next or something.

Hrm... a thought just occurred to me. Is it possible, in the normal level of planning that Rick seems to put into these stories, that the reason why Lois wears glasses is that she's going to be a similar looking squirrel and he wanted something to differentiate their looks...?

So, at some soon point, Lois is suddenly poofed into a squirrel, and Marion looks at her both smug and startled at the same time, "NOW do you believe me?!
I am of the mindset that Lois will be transformed down the line but timing is key (as well as how much longer Rick can stomach drawing a human character). I could see Steward jumping out from the shadows with the coin to "rescue" Marion from Lois and have Lois changed that way. That would be incredibly devious and Lois would kill him but it would finally put the whole "you are not my boyfriend" thing to rest. At this point Lois is so stubborn it might take divine intervention for her to believe Marion. Because at a certain point, you have to believe him. I mean that story wasn't enough? She'd rather believe that Marion told a random squirrel about a super embarrassing moment in his life all for the sake of a super complex and convoluted prank then Marion disappeared without a trace instead of believing that something out of the "Metamorphosis" (which she should have read as well) could actually happen. After a certain point, even if you don't technically "believe him" you should at least play along so to find the answers you will believe. Clearly threatening and strongholds are not working. I made that underwear joke for a laugh but it is true. She is going to have to ask a question that only Marion will know and not the other way around. Unless it's something super personal that Marion forgot then he's in a bigger kind of trouble.

It would be funny to see Lois as some random animal bring Jess her sandwich and Jess asking
Jess: "Who are you and what happened to that human girl who was supposed to bring me this?"
Lois: "I am that human girl."
Jess: "Hmm hm. I'll just take this and go."
Marion: "Sucks doesn't it."
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frank

Post by Frank »

No no, he has to do something only Marion could do, like a signature move ... or an actual signature

Let's hope it's not something that would be easier to do as a squirrel
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote: It is confusing but I can't imagine that Lois would follow them the entire time. Although it would make the most sense because as it has been pointed out, Lois would not be allowed to tag along during an official investigation. And at the same time it would be sad that she got more information about Marion's whereabouts than Fox and Fido. I can see Lois being detective after college. If she doesn't get transformed anytime soon, then my Detective Pikachu idea is still on the table. Even she does get transformed and she becomes a fairly large animal then again Detective Pikachu. Whether or not Lois tagged along or followed them, Fox and Fido will probably intervene in the next strip.
One of the reasons that I thought she won't be (permanently) transformed is that I could see her going to college with an eye toward getting an education that will help Marion become human again, possibly some ancient history or languages or archaeology. It lines up nicely with the goals of Keene, who may have stopped actively trying to obtain his them but I'm sure he'll backslide even with Breele around. Financing a young, motivated, budding archaeologist or something would fit with something he would do.
fenrirblack wrote: I am of the mindset that Lois will be transformed down the line but timing is key (as well as how much longer Rick can stomach drawing a human character). I could see Steward jumping out from the shadows with the coin to "rescue" Marion from Lois and have Lois changed that way. That would be incredibly devious and Lois would kill him but it would finally put the whole "you are not my boyfriend" thing to rest. At this point Lois is so stubborn it might take divine intervention for her to believe Marion. Because at a certain point, you have to believe him. I mean that story wasn't enough? She'd rather believe that Marion told a random squirrel about a super embarrassing moment in his life all for the sake of a super complex and convoluted prank then Marion disappeared without a trace instead of believing that something out of the "Metamorphosis" (which she should have read as well) could actually happen. After a certain point, even if you don't technically "believe him" you should at least play along so to find the answers you will believe. Clearly threatening and strongholds are not working. I made that underwear joke for a laugh but it is true. She is going to have to ask a question that only Marion will know and not the other way around.
Figuring out where Rick is taking this is a bit like reading tea leaves. It's fun, but he's occasionally thrown curveballs by not throwing a curve. If next week is the end of this arc, and he's going to end on some kind of cliffhanger, then we will either see the intervention of a third party (Steward, Kitsune, Dino-deamon, etc) to threaten Lois and/or Marion. Or we'll see the two of them together in a safe place (any number of BG houses, police station). Which means I just predicted, essentially, that something will happen... yay, me. 8-)
fenrirblack wrote: It would be funny to see Lois as some random animal bring Jess her sandwich and Jess asking
Jess: "Who are you and what happened to that human girl who was supposed to bring me this?"
Lois: "I am that human girl."
Jess: "Hmm hm. I'll just take this and go."
Marion: "Sucks doesn't it."
Lois: Shut up and help me get this mustard out of my fur!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Frank wrote:No no, he has to do something only Marion could do, like a signature move ... or an actual signature
"Do a barrel roll!"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, Lois, be careful and don't hurt a little squirrel... :? Yeah, he's Marion, believe it or not. :roll: That's a so unfortunate thing happened to him, but seems that tell it worked, Lois knows of it. ;) Come on, Lois, how can a squirrel remember all that old story of another one so well? That can only mean that's really your Marion! :P
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

So I've been thinking of what Marion could tell Lois to get her to believe him and am putting them in what I call Confessions of a Teenage Squirrel

Marion: Lois, I published your Zootopia fan fiction online.
Lois: You did what?!
*grip tightens*

Marion: Lois, you remember for our second anniversary I told you I had to visit my Aunt Nancy in Springfield. There is no Aunt Nancy. I went to see the Avengers Movie without you.
*grip tightens*

Marion: Lois, you know how your Breath of the Wild data disappeared from your Switch. I was playing with it and accidentally erased your save file.
Lois: That was over a hundred hours of gameplay you jerk.
*grip tightens*

Marion: I'm sorry Lois. I lied. I did forget our anniversary. I just pretended to be in a coma. (gold star if you know what this is from)
*grip tightens*
dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: It is confusing but I can't imagine that Lois would follow them the entire time. Although it would make the most sense because as it has been pointed out, Lois would not be allowed to tag along during an official investigation. And at the same time it would be sad that she got more information about Marion's whereabouts than Fox and Fido. I can see Lois being detective after college. If she doesn't get transformed anytime soon, then my Detective Pikachu idea is still on the table. Even she does get transformed and she becomes a fairly large animal then again Detective Pikachu. Whether or not Lois tagged along or followed them, Fox and Fido will probably intervene in the next strip.
One of the reasons that I thought she won't be (permanently) transformed is that I could see her going to college with an eye toward getting an education that will help Marion become human again, possibly some ancient history or languages or archaeology. It lines up nicely with the goals of Keene, who may have stopped actively trying to obtain his them but I'm sure he'll backslide even with Breele around. Financing a young, motivated, budding archaeologist or something would fit with something he would do.
That would be all the more reason for her to be transformed since Keene would really only be motivated to help a young animal get an education (like Miles) and further animals and humans equality. It's kinda cheating since Lois would have been human before but still counts. Although if she graduated and changed back to normal it would be awkward when she goes back to the reunion and people start asking questions. You know speaking of Miles, Lois and Marion could do what he did and get an online degree with Keene's help. That way they can continue their normal lives while staying in Babylon Gardens to be apart of the story.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

If anyone’s gonna ruin
your night, Marion, it
really should be you
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote:I'm still of the opinion that she's not going to be transformed, but I've been (very) wrong before. I really don't see how turning Lois now would help Steward, if he even has a plan worked up. And once he uses the coin, that eliminates a great deal of leverage. Unless he's going to threaten Marions mother next or something.

I'm with you there as I don't see here changing as well...but I did notice this: Not to add fuel to the speculation fire, but does it seem that whenever a new human character is introduced, they are immediately changed into an animal?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:So I've been thinking of what Marion could tell Lois to get her to believe him and am putting them in what I call Confessions of a Teenage Squirrel
Hopefully, Marion is smart enough not to reveal a new secret that Lois already knows. You don't want to tick off an agitated person who can literally squeeze the life out of you by accident.

Marion: I'm the one that left that told everyone in second grade that you wet the bed!
Lois: You what?! <Squeezes tighter>
Fido: Miss? I don't think she can breath! And I think that might really be your boyfriend!
Lois: I KNOW!!!
SeanWolf wrote: I'm with you there as I don't see here changing as well...but I did notice this: Not to add fuel to the speculation fire, but does it seem that whenever a new human character is introduced, they are immediately changed into an animal?
I know this was mentioned in a previous threat, but I'm not sure that tracks. We've had three humans transformed before Marion. Joel was basically introduced to be transformed, but Steward and Thomas were characters for a long time before they got their fur. There are a lot of other human characters that I would consider at least significant (all of the pets owners, Jeeves, I suppose Mr. London though that's a stretch) that haven't been changed.

I think it just feels like this because Joel/King was the central mystery to this comic for years, and his transformation was set up near the beginning of the strip.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Right then. So I was afraid this was gonna happen. Of COURSE Lois isn't gonna believe the insane squirrel. She isn't dumb enough to fall for any of her boyfriend's tricks. And Marion has a point. He knew exactly what would happen as I knew exactly that it wasn't gonna be easy. Better get ready then, as we have several more strips to go until someone finally realizes the truth. Then several MORE strips until someone ELSE figures out who wants to help him and not just exploit him. :cry:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:So I've been thinking of what Marion could tell Lois to get her to believe him and am putting them in what I call Confessions of a Teenage Squirrel
Hopefully, Marion is smart enough not to reveal a new secret that Lois already knows. You don't want to tick off an agitated person who can literally squeeze the life out of you by accident.

Marion: I'm the one that left that told everyone in second grade that you wet the bed!
Lois: You what?! <Squeezes tighter>
Fido: Miss? I don't think she can breath! And I think that might really be your boyfriend!
Lois: I KNOW!!!
HAHAHA! :lol:
dr_eirik wrote:
SeanWolf wrote: I'm with you there as I don't see here changing as well...but I did notice this: Not to add fuel to the speculation fire, but does it seem that whenever a new human character is introduced, they are immediately changed into an animal?
I know this was mentioned in a previous threat, but I'm not sure that tracks. We've had three humans transformed before Marion. Joel was basically introduced to be transformed, but Steward and Thomas were characters for a long time before they got their fur. There are a lot of other human characters that I would consider at least significant (all of the pets owners, Jeeves, I suppose Mr. London though that's a stretch) that haven't been changed.

I think it just feels like this because Joel/King was the central mystery to this comic for years, and his transformation was set up near the beginning of the strip.
I want Mr. London to be changed so bad. He is such a moron but he would be perfect as an animal. Jeeves can't because he was the one who did it! ;) Bill, i've done this song and dance several times.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote: I want Mr. London to be changed so bad. He is such a moron but he would be perfect as an animal. Jeeves can't because he was the one who did it! ;) Bill, i've done this song and dance several times.
Finally, someone that can be in awe of Falstaff and Truck. :D