Things that make you feel hope for mankind

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Two_Twig

Things that make you feel hope for mankind

Post by Two_Twig »

During one of my periodic spouts of self loathing and pencil chewing I recently discovered something as of late that truly left me flabbergasted and feeling a little bit of hope for mankind once again.

The new Scooby Doo series, "Scooby doo Mystery Incorporated," is actually... good

Really good

It's... funny. Every now and then I actually found myself giggling

There's a central plot through all the episodes.

All the characters have... Per..son...na..li...ties (I had to say that slowly)

I mean, Fred steals a body from a crime scene in the first episode... wow

Its just... weird. I have never been a fan of any of the Scooby Doo reincarnates and secretly prayed to the Alfred Hitchcock poster in my room the series would die one day but people have done the impossible... they've made me like Scooby Doo again. I want to tell humanity to give itself a pat on the back because that is quite impressive.

And I know its just one man's opinion on a children's cartoon show but seriously, check it out.

I dedicate this thread to the little things that have helped us put a little faith back in mankind.
Last edited by Two_Twig on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Re: Things that make you feel hope for mankind

Post by Typhon »

I hope the characters in that scooby doo movie don't look, pardon my language, stupid. The first one really disappointed me and I only saw the trailer.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Typhon wrote:I hope the characters in that scooby doo movie don't look, pardon my language, stupid. The first one really disappointed me and I only saw the trailer.
First, that's a TV show, not a movie. :P

I get hope in mankind everytime I have a deep conversation with someone. It's just nice to know that there are other people out there who are willing to think/talk about the deep stuff, even if they don't agree with me.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Ah, the new Scooby Doo show, it is pretty good. I've noticed that several decent cartoons have come out recently.

As for what gives me hope? I believe this speaks for itself. Just knowing that there are people like that out there.

This video also makes me feel good about humanity.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Something that made me feel hope for humanity... Lets think...

Oh yes! Recently while on my college campus, I lost my wallet. Apparently, there was a large hole in the back pocket and it slipped right out. Well, in my wallet I had the typical important stuff: Drivers license, debit card, bit of cash, insurance cards, AAA card, and school ID. Along with that, I had some semi-important stuff; CPR certification card, rewards cards, awesome coupons, a card that allows me to carry knives and use fire in public, and university ID (that I was still able to use when I went up to visit in order to get free meals and access to student only locations. :3). But finally, a BUNCH of sentimental value pieces; A picture of my nephew, a little card my nephew drew when he was 4 and told me to keep with me forever and I have had in my wallet for years, movie stubs from important movies I've seen, and a fortune-cookie fortune that keeps me empowered......... Well, needless to say, I was DEVASTATED that I lost it. I freaked out an was upset for the whole day.. It was gone. After all, it had only been about 5 minutes after I could have POSSIBLY dropped it that I noticed it was gone and retraced my steps.

Well yeah... I figure some jerk stole it. I cancel the debit card, make plans to get a new drivers license and such... but the sentimental stuff is bugging me.
But then I get a phone call. It's the school's lost and found. Apparently, a homeless gentleman found my wallet and turned it into the lost and found. When I heard that, I was like 'Great... now I'll have NO cash and my card will be gone....'. But when I went to pick it up, everything was still inside of it.

The man had also written on a scratch piece of paper "Never give up. There is beauty in every ugly situation" and slipped it into my wallet.

I know it probably sounds stupid, but it was really touching to me.. It made me really happy with the world for a little while.

Too long?
Moral: I lost my wallet and a homeless found it and gave it back without stealing stuff.
Leopold O'Malley - Yorkshire Feilds
Str 6 | Per 2 | End 6 | Cha 5 | Int 9 | Agl 7 | Luk 8

Louis "Lucid" O'Malley - VerdeGrove
Str 8 | Per 5 | End 7 | Cha 5 | Int 4 | Agl 8 | Luk 5
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

LucidDarkness wrote:...I know it probably sounds stupid, but it was really touching to me.. It made me really happy with the world for a little while.

Too long?
Not at all, and that definitely does not sound stupid. That's actually pretty touching, and kinda makes my original post up there sound awfully silly by comparison.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Typhon wrote:I hope the characters in that scooby doo movie don't look, pardon my language, stupid. The first one really disappointed me and I only saw the trailer.
First, that's a TV show, not a movie. :P

I get hope in mankind everytime I have a deep conversation with someone. It's just nice to know that there are other people out there who are willing to think/talk about the deep stuff, even if they don't agree with me.
*offtopic:There was actually a movie made
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I feel hope for mankind whenever I think of all the stupid things we've done in the past that we still managed to survive, despite those things completely dwarfing today's acts of stupidity.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I see hope for humanity in people who act kind to people they've never even met before, which is very few.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012